Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Mango Polo posted:

Can't really be a Psion, because the fluff text on the Nezarec helmet is from a pre-golden age text. The Cabal had not yet met humanity at that point, AFAIK.

Retconning the grimiore is tradition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

echronorian posted:

Retconning the grimiore is tradition

Retconning an item that they introduced just months earlier in D2 base would be pretty bungo

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Father Wendigo posted:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/944027342296322048?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

If you know anyone who owns an XBone and is on the fence about Destiny 2, it's $35 dollars with the expansion pass... edit: scratch that gift card, you just get Microsoft funbux to pay for the expansion pass... or not, if you use it for something else.

This is normal and a sign of a healthy game. :stare:

Ahh they are giving people that first hit for free now, that’s a good plan

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Oh hey, DIM just decided to delete all my loadouts from both my browser storage and Google cloud. That's cool.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Watching people flail about when they get their radar blocked with Gemini Jester is great

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

With a bit of luck, Biohazrd's life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite strikes, guardians in red woolen shirts are getting incredible boons from things he’ll never know.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

hiddenriverninja posted:

Watching people flail about when they get their radar blocked with Gemini Jester is great

That sounds amusing. How long does it last?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

not very long. two seconds maybe? just enough to throw people off.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Mill Village posted:

That sounds amusing. How long does it last?

2 or 3 seconds. It also does 2 damage so it stops health regen and can tag enemies through walls.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

CheeseFactory posted:

2 or 3 seconds. It also does 2 damage so it stops health regen and can tag enemies through walls.

I like that they look like the Nike basketball shorts the lady hates me wearing

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Here's some tweets from the head of the Live team @cgbarrett

quote:

Happy Holidays Guardians. I hope you are enjoying the The Dawning or at least a bit of chaos in Mayhem. There are a few things I want to mention before the year ends...

For the upcoming Iron Banner and Faction Rally events, in addition to brand new seasonal armor Ornaments, we’re adding new themed Sparrows, Ghosts, Ships, and Shaders to the reward pools.

Also, early next year, we’re refactoring Raid itemization across the game. The most difficult activities should be the most rewarding.

And finally, I know we say it a lot, but we hear your feedback on Eververse. We both want our players to feel respected, and to deliver great content regularly to our community. Expect lots of discussion with the dev team and an update on our path forward after the new year.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lol

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
He also tweeted that "short term and long term vault storage solutions are coming" and they're planning on adding raid specific perks to raid armor

That's good poo poo, yeah?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Destiny 2 is quite good and getting better.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

He also tweeted that "short term and long term vault storage solutions are coming" and they're planning on adding raid specific perks to raid armor

Get ready for Masterwork Vaults.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Suppressor grenades are hilarious in Mayhem. Between that and the ridiculously good recharge rate on the shield throw defender is a ton of fun.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Still lollin at the number of mods and size of our mod storage

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Add 5 slots to your Vault Size

Options:

3x Masterworks Cores
100 Silver

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Policenaut posted:

Holds an extra 10 items, but only if you’re using an arc subclass

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Yeeeeees! The Colony from a fated Engram! Other than that Xur's just got his usual repeats. Lucky Pants, Doom Pauldron, that warlock shirt that lets you stay in the air if you're aiming, and Riskrunner.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
It’s just mad ownage how little thought was put into the everyday things a player will typically do when interacting with gear, but how much effort, care and analysis was put into exactly how to steer dumbasses to pay for loot boxes

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It’s just mad ownage how little thought was put into the everyday things a player will typically do when interacting with gear, but how much effort, care and analysis was put into exactly how to steer dumbasses to pay for loot boxes

Yeah, the job posting for a Loot Box design team leader was a hefty six figgy salary

The person responsible for the Prophecy Weapons was some chick who likes reddit

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Flytrap posted:

Yeeeeees! The Colony from a fated Engram!

Bitch, I hate you.

Three needs, one want. Crimson last week, Jade Rabbit this week, all while hoping for The Colony. One more week of wait.

Xur, you a bitch too and I hate you also.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

the next scandal for Bungie will be discovering that buying silver for engrams makes your drop rate for good stuff higher on your earned ones

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Policenaut posted:

nah if anything it'll be legendary vaults now that legendary weapons are basically obsolete

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

hiddenriverninja posted:

the next scandal for Bungie will be discovering that buying silver for engrams makes your drop rate for good stuff higher on your earned ones

I absolutely believe this is the case

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I like that it took 3 years to get a really good weapon and perk system for raid gear which was immediately forgotten for d2.

Also House of Wolves for all its faults was a pretty great expansion in hindsight brought in really good game modes for PVE and PVP and four new unique loot streams.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

just lol if you think that's the only thing

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I was only thinking of it because I bought some silver, got pretty much all ghosts and Sparrows. The next two that I earned I got Selfie and Mic Drop

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

hiddenriverninja posted:

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Oh, for sure, my anecdotal experience is completely in line with this. I cannot however imagine there being any meaningful experiment the community could conduct to any satisfactory result on the issue. If testimony then is the only measure we have, I say the needle is pushing hard to the right.

cvnvcnv fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Dec 23, 2017

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I spent $50 on silver in used every single bit of it on engrams. I got a total of three Exotics, including one ship and two ornaments

I got several more Exotics from my 9 weekly engrams afterward, but I think that has more to do with pulling $50 worth of crap out of the loot pool beforehand, then it does a Sinister drop rate enhancement

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

The saint-14 shotgun dropped as masterwork :getin:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

I LOVE COCK SALAD posted:

The saint-14 shotgun dropped as masterwork :getin:

does it have any unique perks

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

hiddenriverninja posted:

does it have any unique perks

No but it's a good perk set, really fun to use

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

If you don't have the colony, I'm sorry for your loss. If you don't have telesto, same thing. Loading up a titan with purple orbs so he can smash into a group of mooks is loving great. Reminds me of using vauban teslas to create your own personal sun/bugzapper out of another warframe. Also making pubs unable to see their screen when you do it to them.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

PathAsc posted:

If you don't have the colony, I'm sorry for your loss. If you don't have telesto, same thing. Loading up a titan with purple orbs so he can smash into a group of mooks is loving great. Reminds me of using vauban teslas to create your own personal sun/bugzapper out of another warframe. Also making pubs unable to see their screen when you do it to them.

Telesto with the extra bit of ooomph because it’s in the heavy slot is maybe the one good outcome of the rejiggering of the weapon classes in D2.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Agreed, I can map with it easily too. It's a workhorse and easily is one of my favorite weapons.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

some chick who likes reddit

:jackbud:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Remember when we were hyped for d2?