Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Konohana Kitan had a really good last episode, but there is no reason that series can’t continue forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Kashuno posted:

Konohana Kitan had a really good last episode, but there is no reason that series can’t continue forever

The manga is certainly continuing.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

dogsicle posted:

yuasa should make original things
Yuasa should do whatever the hell he wants. The two adaptations he's made of Morimi books (Tatami Galaxy and Night is Short, Walk On Girl) have been cool.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lemon-Lime posted:

Who wants to flip a coin to see if this is going to be a bad or good Cutie Honey.

There's no bad ones

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Did anyone keep up with Urahara? It got mentioned a bit at the start of the season then I never heard anything about it again.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sakurazuka posted:

There's no bad ones

buddy have you read the manga or seen the original anime

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Okay the manga sucks (what little there is of it) but the 70's tv series owns. Or, uh, at least first seven episodes do...

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the anime is ok until halfway through when honey's girlfriend gets burned to death

i've also heard honey flash kinda sucks cause it doesn't really have any of the narrative strength of the magical girl shows it's aping. i also haven't really heard amazing stuff about either of the live-action movies or the live-action tv series. really basically everything other than re:cutie honey or shin cutie honey isn't very good

anyway the strength of the new anime depends entirely on whether they're willing to make natsuko as relevant as in re:cutie honey imo cause outside of doing something weird like shin cutie honey she's kind of the heart what's good about the series to me and she's only really in one thing

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Dec 22, 2017

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting

Sakurazuka posted:

Did anyone keep up with Urahara? It got mentioned a bit at the start of the season then I never heard anything about it again.

It was thoroughly weird, and also thoroughly badly-paced. It felt like someone's student art project, mostly in an endearing sort of way, but it was let down a lot by how many of its episodes dedicated half their length to rehashing simple points that didn't need to be explained more than once. I wouldn't really recommend it.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

I stopped after the episode that was 24 minutes of back and forth "Do not eat that candy", "I will keep eating the candy, it is good, you should eat it too", "No I will not eat that candy, you stop eating it."

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

esselfortium posted:

It was thoroughly weird, and also thoroughly badly-paced. It felt like someone's student art project, mostly in an endearing sort of way, but it was let down a lot by how many of its episodes dedicated half their length to rehashing simple points that didn't need to be explained more than once. I wouldn't really recommend it.

I watched it all the way through as well, mostly based on my liking of the op and ed. it could have ended at episode... 9? the one where they stop eating the candy. and I would have thought better of it. The remaining episodes were just kind of there. I gave it a 6 on mal, for reference.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

nielsm posted:

I stopped after the episode that was 24 minutes of back and forth "Do not eat that candy", "I will keep eating the candy, it is good, you should eat it too", "No I will not eat that candy, you stop eating it."

Like the Space Ghost episode where he follows the ant?

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting

Guy Goodbody posted:

Like the Space Ghost episode where he follows the ant?

I wish, because that Space Ghost bit was actually great

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Where

Where is the Girls' Last Tour Finale

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Spiritus Nox posted:

Where

Where is the Girls' Last Tour Finale

its on anime strike

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The Colonel posted:

its on anime strike

oh

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Practice your favorite anime picking skills early here.

https://twitter.com/AnimeNewsNet/status/943883071174074368

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The Colonel posted:

its on anime strike

I stand in solidarity with the anime strike. Anime deserves rights.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Did anyone actually watch Handshakers? It looked so bad and there's so much leftover merch here in Japan, I like to think it was a massive flop but I also know nothing about it.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

I totally forgot Tsugumomo came out this year.
Not that I know what it is or what it's about.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
:thunk:

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

a kitten posted:

Practice your favorite anime picking skills early here.

https://twitter.com/AnimeNewsNet/status/943883071174074368

If not for Land of the Lustrous every single show I chose would have been a cute girls doing cool things show, and honestly that's getting off on the slimmest of technicalities.

Apparently the idiot who likes moe is me.

In no particular order: symphogear AZX, Lustrous, Konosuba, Princess Prinicipal, LWA.

Eela6 fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Dec 23, 2017

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

all cute girls doing cute things except for ACCA13, which is cute boys doing cute things where there are also cute girls

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Eela6 posted:

If not for Land of the Lustrous every single show I chose would have been a cute girls doing cool things show, and honestly that's getting off on the slimmest of technicalities.

Apparently the idiot who likes moe is me.

In no particular order: symphogear AZX, Lustrous, Konosuba, Princess Prinicipal, LWA.

I'm not sure Symphogear really counts, didn't Chris spend the season coming to terms with the murder of her parents and also shooting that kid's leg off?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
That list reminded me Tales of Zestiria the X came out and was bad

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I like how they gave up on alphabetizing the list at the end.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'm not sure Symphogear really counts, didn't Chris spend the season coming to terms with the murder of her parents and also shooting that kid's leg off?

Cutely, yes. :v:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Kashuno posted:

That list reminded me Tales of Zestiria the X came out and was bad

zestiria the x was better than the game because it had alisha and rose as a gay couple

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there's a lot of room between 'better than the game' and 'actually good'

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Guy Goodbody posted:

https://my.mixtape.moe/ebgxdy.webm

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Last Tales game I played was the Xillia duology. I think I'm okay with that.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Wark Say posted:

Last Tales game I played was the Xillia duology. I think I'm okay with that.

you should play berseria imo

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

The Colonel posted:

you should play berseria imo

Go for Velvet, stay for Magilou.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Liver Disaster posted:

Go for Velvet, stay for Magilou.

This is correct. Actually the whole crew in Berseria is pretty drat good.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
Berseria is easily the best home console Tales game since Vesperia, though I haven't played any of the handhelds to compare. Zestiria is the worst game in the series, so don't play that one.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It's too bad in Berseria they made Velvet literally unkillable

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/silenwaltz/status/944368481365094401

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I am psyched for Encouragement of Camp

https://twitter.com/yurucamp_anime/status/944011032208355328

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I really like how it looks in the PVs. Very warm and pretty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Glasses girl got a weird 5head

• Locked thread