Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Regnevelc posted:

Fisch went to Mizzou

There's nothing official yet as far as I know, although it sounds like he's going to be the guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
That would make me very happy, please continue high octane offense.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Mike_V posted:

That would make me very happy, please continue high octane offense.

Michigan's O took a step back this year for sure. However, it was a combination of him leaving, John O'Korn playing, and the inability to pass-block.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/DougHaller/status/943594581291016193

https://twitter.com/DougHaller/status/943595044191080448

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

:discourse:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Herm was already one of the dumbest hires of all time on paper and somehow every story about it manages to make it seem even weirder and dumber

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

MourningView posted:

Herm was already one of the dumbest hires of all time on paper and somehow every story about it manages to make it seem even weirder and dumber

And it's been less than a month, this is gonna be a great 2-4 years.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
ASU FIRES TODD GRAHAM wow weird they were way better this year than they were supposed to be, well maybe they think they can get a better staff and-THEY ARE DEMANDING THE NEW COACH KEEP ALL ASSISTANTS-weird if you liked the staff so much why do you want a new coach, they must have someone really good lined u-ASU HAS HIRED HERM EDWARDS-oh my God he hasn't coached in a decade why would you-THE AD IS HERM'S OLD AGENT-oh gross there is no way this could be more of a con job-THE ARIZONA STATE FOOTBALL COLLECTIVE WILL DISRUPT THE MARKET WITH INNOVATIVE SYNERGISTIC SOLUTIONS-what the poo poo does that even mean, Herm better give a drat good press conference to explain this insane bullshit-HERM DOES NOT EVEN KNOW HIS TEAM HAS "DEVIL" IN THE NAME-what a diaster well at the least they have staff continuity-ALL COORDINATORS ARE GONE, PREPARE TO BE HERMINATED

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'm glad you understand why herm is good now

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

If you don't think Herm coaching college football is cool and good then you're dumb

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I just really loved ASU downplaying their situation while the shitstorm at Tennessee went down and then immediately showing their rear end once Tennessee resolved its business.

Herm coaching is gonna be hilarious

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

won't you all look ridiculous when ASU's synergies are the best in the nation

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
I can't wait for him to be mad when someone catches a pass with one foot inbounds.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

pillsburysoldier posted:

At least something good came out of this loving bill

https://mobile.twitter.com/ajc/status/943560749410144256

This deal just gets better and better for the Aggies!

I'm going to get a lot of chuckles next year when Taggart ends the year with a better record than Fisher.

(and the year after that, and the year after that, and the year after that, Insh'allah)

FreakyMetalKid
Nov 23, 2003

Maybe Ray Anderson prefers basketball and he made some deal with the devil. Sudden, unexpected greatness on the hardwood came right when he sacrificed the football team.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

herm rules

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

FreakyMetalKid posted:

Maybe Ray Anderson prefers basketball and he made some deal with the devil. Sudden, unexpected greatness on the hardwood came right when he sacrificed the football team.
congrats on being undefeated until the 30th

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

JonathonSpectre posted:

This deal just gets better and better for the Aggies!

I'm going to get a lot of chuckles next year when Taggart ends the year with a better record than Fisher.

(and the year after that, and the year after that, and the year after that, Insh'allah)

The conference where the coach gets poached from is supposed to be the easier conference to win games in.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

vyst posted:

If you don't think Herm coaching college football is cool and good then you're dumb

It isn't 'cool and good,' but it's certainly hilariously perplexing--like watching a kid eat paste.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
My biggest accomplishments in 2017 are 1) inadvertently predicting Herm Edwards being hired for a P5 HC job, 2) inadvertently predicting a Belk Bowl appearance for Texas A&M, and 3) inadvertently killing voice acting legend June Foray.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
ASU has a pretty solid returning team next year so I predict the first year will be pretty good so when he has a disastrous year number 2 he'll still get year 3.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Manoueverable posted:

I just really loved ASU downplaying their situation while the shitstorm at Tennessee went down and then immediately showing their rear end once Tennessee resolved its business.

Herm coaching is gonna be hilarious

Icing on the cake is ASU’s AD calling Fulmer out

http://www.knoxnews.com/story/sport...dodd/953526001/

quote:

"The athletic department there is perceived there as a cluster," Anderson told Dodd, according to a story Dodd published Thursday. "Their athletic director, now Phil Fulmer, in the athletic director's world is a pariah. It is not a good situation."

Just loving lol

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Rick posted:

ASU has a pretty solid returning team next year so I predict the first year will be pretty good so when he has a disastrous year number 2 he'll still get year 3.

I think Herm and whatever staff Herm puts together can and will easily ram them into the dirt to the tune of 4-8 basically immediately.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Rick posted:

I thought this before both coordinators left.

Their OOC is pretty rough and they open conference play at Washington, and that'll probably be one of the worst beatdowns in college football history.

Ghost of Reagan Past fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Dec 21, 2017

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

MourningView posted:

ASU FIRES TODD GRAHAM wow weird they were way better this year than they were supposed to be, well maybe they think they can get a better staff and-THEY ARE DEMANDING THE NEW COACH KEEP ALL ASSISTANTS-weird if you liked the staff so much why do you want a new coach, they must have someone really good lined u-ASU HAS HIRED HERM EDWARDS-oh my God he hasn't coached in a decade why would you-THE AD IS HERM'S OLD AGENT-oh gross there is no way this could be more of a con job-THE ARIZONA STATE FOOTBALL COLLECTIVE WILL DISRUPT THE MARKET WITH INNOVATIVE SYNERGISTIC SOLUTIONS-what the poo poo does that even mean, Herm better give a drat good press conference to explain this insane bullshit-HERM DOES NOT EVEN KNOW HIS TEAM HAS "DEVIL" IN THE NAME-what a diaster well at the least they have staff continuity-ALL COORDINATORS ARE GONE, PREPARE TO BE HERMINATED

Rose Bowl confirmed

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

Kim Jong Il posted:

Second.

The names that have been tossed out are Longo, Fisch, Dan Enos, and Noel Mazzone, who seem to be making the rounds for most openings.

Longo isn't going anywhere.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

asu hiring danny gonzales from sdsu for the DC job. seems like a good hire

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

But how does it synergize the game day experience

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Lmao if Jimbo offers Manny Diaz 2 mill for a DC

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

pillsburysoldier posted:

Lmao if Jimbo offers Manny Diaz 2 mill for a DC

It's not his money

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Stay the gently caress away from manny

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Dilber posted:

Stay the gently caress away from manny

K but we're taking Dugans

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

pillsburysoldier posted:

K but we're taking Dugans

No stop

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Ted Roof out as Georgia Tech DC in what they're calling a mutual move. He's been hired as co-DC at NC State.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Pakled posted:

Ted Roof out as Georgia Tech DC in what they're calling a mutual move. He's been hired as co-DC at NC State.

Oof, goondolences NCSU.

I wonder what second-rate former ACC HC Paul Johnson hires next to DC for him.

FreakyMetalKid
Nov 23, 2003

Rick posted:

This is what I'm afraid of. Nearly all of the important players will return next year after having shown significant improvement during this season. The team might be solid in spite of Herm, which will just prolong the delusion that replacing Graham with Edwards wasn't program suicide. I'd rather it just blow up immediately and get it over with.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Crotch Bat posted:

Oof, goondolences NCSU.

I wonder what second-rate former ACC HC Paul Johnson hires next to DC for him.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Did Florida join the ACC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Who's the funnier hire, Herm or Charlie Weis for Kansas.

• Locked thread