Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Parrotine posted:

It's been almost half a year since TFS released their last abridged episode! Do you think we'll get another one in 2018?

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

Parrotine posted:

It's been almost half a year since TFS released their last abridged episode! Do you think we'll get another one in 2018?

Maybe. They're doing a Christmas Day release according to their latest update, and it looks like it's going to be the Hatchiyack movie.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Serge Painsbourg posted:

Maybe. They're doing a Christmas Day release according to their latest update, and it looks like it's going to be the Hatchiyack movie.

Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Parrotine posted:

Production schedules tend to get murky when you commit trademark infringement, you talk poo poo, and Toei becomes quite cross with you.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

SpazmasterX posted:

Production schedules tend to get murky when you commit trademark infringement, you talk poo poo, and Toei becomes quite cross with you.

Not really Toei basically accepts they are a thing now.

Even going as far as letting them be officially part of Kai.

Though even if they didn't I am not sure how getting them taken off of YouTube would effect production.

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012
I don't think Toei was cool with TFS's role in Kai since they asked Funimation to remove their work in that scene.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Either way I don't think they matter all that much on the production side of things. Since the worst they can do is get them taken off YouTube for a little bit.

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

VanSandman posted:

Yeah.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

SpazmasterX posted:

IIRC they're on a break bc of real life issues.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

SpazmasterX posted:

I mean sure this was baseless speculation the last twenty or so times but THIS time it's totally true!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Crabtree posted:

They made something he didn't like and he killed it for that. I don't think Beerus has ever really done his job intentionally well outside of being very good at destroying things.

In the manga they tried to poison him

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Kild posted:

IIRC they're on a break bc of real life issues.

Wasn't it professional career stuff?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

TheKingofSprings posted:

Wasn't it professional career stuff?

Yeah they're doing official dubs/VA work for actual things and also they have said the next ep which will be the end of the Cell Saga will be over an hour long so it's gonna take a bit to finish!

Caros
May 14, 2008

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yeah they're doing official dubs/VA work for actual things and also they have said the next ep which will be the end of the Cell Saga will be over an hour long so it's gonna take a bit to finish!

Yeah, the fact that the final episode of the Cell Saga is expected to be 4-6 of their normal episodes does account for a lot of the delays. Makes way more sense than some behind the scenes beef with Toei (who haven't been the ones causing the YouTube strikes.)

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

maybe they like making things about video games and the other stuff they do more than abridged so they're doing that

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

I thought the DBZA hiatus was solely b/c they were making the Cell Saga finale into a single 90-minute "episode". I hadn't heard about the other stuff.

I like the FF7 stuff so I don't really mind, though.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

maybe they like making things about video games and the other stuff they do more than abridged so they're doing that

Which is too bad because Kirran is a font of lovely opinions

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They're moving into indie game publishing/development, they announced this awful-looking game the other day:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/724710/Super_Knockoff_VS/

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'm from Argentina. The data given was focused on Brazilians.

South American DB fans are the most important DB fan subgroup and should get the most respect. We were in this poo poo much before our northern counterparts, you know.

I don't understand why DB games don't have a LatAm spanish dub. They do it for the Saint Seiya games!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Blockhouse posted:

Wouldn't know.
I have better things to do (such as doing nothing) than listening to these dudes pretend to be DB characters playing games or making jokes about FF7 or whatever.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Adnor posted:

I don't understand why DB games don't have a LatAm spanish dub. They do it for the Saint Seiya games!

Latin American dub so gooooooood

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

Eh, at least Kirran is tolerable. Not like the new(ish) guy who doesn't shut up and is the worst kind of LP-er. I think his name's Zito?

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Ah yes. The Arin Hanson effect.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The people doing 90% of the work on DBZA are not the same parts of the team that do the TFS Gaming stuff

Theyre about to release a new DBZA movie on Christmas I'm pretty sure, on top of the Cell finale coming soon too

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Adnor posted:

For one Saint Seiya game, only Soldier's Soul had that dub (and Portuguese, and a lot of other languages). I wish other games got that amount of effort though, I'd genuinely love to play DB games with the voices I like the most, it's just not the same without Mario Castañeda, René Garcia and the rest.

no go on Quiznos
May 16, 2007

Pork Pro

VanSandman posted:

It could be the original one "Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans". They'd have more material to work with.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

no go on Quiznos posted:

It could be the original one "Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans". They'd have more material to work with.
Maybe they'll be tricky and combine both.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
The opening video for DBFZ looks amazing https://youtu.be/6V5vHp0QKXc

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Kashuno posted:

The opening video for DBFZ looks amazing https://youtu.be/6V5vHp0QKXc

Every hero gets a pre-pose fight showcase except Tien who gets one frame immediately after Yamcha like seriously whose wife did Tien sleep with to get so much shade thrown at him

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Seriously if 17 doesn't get the MVP wish at this point after all he's done then this tournament is fixed.

I don't know if the revelation makes Mosco's design better or worse. On the one hand, tiny god riding a mecha suit is rad, but on the other the idea of nerd Kai building his own GoD was cool too.

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Dec 24, 2017

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

lezard_valeth posted:

Every hero gets a pre-pose fight showcase except Tien who gets one frame immediately after Yamcha like seriously whose wife did Tien sleep with to get so much shade thrown at him

Tien didn't get a bunch of memes to keep him relevant after the series stopped caring about him.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
That ep was pretty good, although using the Jiren/Kefla fight music is kinda making it not as epic anymore. The way 18 went out totally made sense, and we got to see a side of the androids we really haven’t seen so far. NEP makes it looks like Vegeta ends up landing some actual painful blows on Jiren and managing to keep up, so st least that isn’t a stomp

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Tien is Yamcha except with one really cool moment so

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

R.I.P. in Paparoni, U3.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

R.I.P. in Paparoni, U3.

:golfclap:

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

R.I.P. in Paparoni, U3.

Here lies U3

paparoni and
chease

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
god drat it that episode was sick

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

gently caress U7 v U11 is gonna be amazing, need it to be the 6th already!!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Carlosologist posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Carlosologist posted:

You have just crushed my hopes and dreams by intimating that there won't be a new episode next Saturday :smith: