Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Black Flag is awesome, and I wish they'd just gone "hey gently caress this apple and Templar bullshit, let's just start a pirate franchise"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I still think styxx or shadow of mordor are the better assassin creeds

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Apple is now requiring games with loot boxes to list odds.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

boop the snoot posted:

Apple is now requiring games with loot boxes to list odds.

How much time do they have to comply? I’m wondering if everyone will be scrambling to boost the odds before publishing them so they don’t look bad.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

FrozenVent posted:

Black Flag is awesome, and I wish they'd just gone "hey gently caress this apple and Templar bullshit, let's just start a pirate franchise"

I got ya

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9YYYVG0YQI

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

i just want a multiplayer pirate game

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
I think Sea of Thieves might be the closest thing to that.

https://youtu.be/rbE8BnO6oug

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
I am in the Sea of Thieves alpha test group, but I haven't actually played it yet. They sent me an email saying they will being going into closed beta soon and it will launch sometime in March of next year.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Delizin posted:

I am in the Sea of Thieves alpha test group, but I haven't actually played it yet. They sent me an email saying they will being going into closed beta soon and it will launch sometime in March of next year.

Let us know how it is. So far it looks like Destiny with pirates which isn't all that cool honestly.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Ultima 8: beaten. A bad old game, semi-saved by the fact that it wasn't as bad as Ultima 9.
Plus I just realized that the Guardian dude, the series villain from Ultima 7 onwards is a sunburnt Trump dropping fake news on everyone .
:aaaaa:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Does exult still work for ultima 7?

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

The new Wolfenstein is dope. I’ve just gotten up to the part where Terror Billy loses his head

Am I barely scratching the surface? Or am I pretty much halfway through it already?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I want to say there's only 3 or 4 major levels left? But you unlock a bunch of ancillary bullshit to do in previous levels

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Third World Reggin posted:

Does exult still work for ultima 7?

No idea. I played the gog version of ultima 8, didn't notice there was a improved fan-created u8 game engine until way too deep into ultima 8.
Low efffort google check on exult shows the last exult software release as feb 2017.

Now I want to update my very out of date freespace open files. They aren't that old...hmmm ouch 2015.

Waiting to see whether Mechwarrior Living Legends is going to push out another update, the website shows it at hotfix 0.9x.
Living Legends came back from the dead/hiatus mode when Mechwarrior Online continued it's streak (streak-srm style) of bombing out.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

the new pubg map is a lot of fun. There is a lot more micro terrain instead of just open fields.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Bolow posted:

I want to say there's only 3 or 4 major levels left? But you unlock a bunch of ancillary bullshit to do in previous levels

It's worth it to do all the assassination missions to unlock the other two pieces of equipment and to see one extra cool level.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
AssCreed Origins was pretty good. I had a better time with Syndicate though.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

Mechwarrior Living Legends
:flashfap:

So loving good.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

the new pubg map is a lot of fun. There is a lot more micro terrain instead of just open fields.

Yeah I was getting into arguments on Reddit who nerds say the map is flatter. With the exception of one or two spots, most of the "flat" terrain has these little ridges and ravines that can let you crouch move in total cover. I really like some parts of the new map.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

The original map has a lot of situations where you have to run out into an open field and eat poo poo. having lots of little low spots you can sneak around in owns. I've been playing solo into squad games and just trying to pick dudes off and its a blast.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I started playing the Blood and Wine expansion for Witcher 3 because I have time and I never beat it.

Witcher 3 and B&W are the best open worlds by miles.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

boop the snoot posted:

I started playing the Blood and Wine expansion for Witcher 3 because I have time and I never beat it.

Thanks - I need to reinstall that after getting a 1TB SSD for gaming.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

boop the snoot posted:

It owns so much and I love how some Polish studio came out of nowhere to clown on all the other studios that bitch about how impossible it is to do something special with an open world game.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

TCD posted:

Yeah I was getting into arguments on Reddit who nerds say the map is flatter. With the exception of one or two spots, most of the "flat" terrain has these little ridges and ravines that can let you crouch move in total cover. I really like some parts of the new map.

:lol: The vast majority of my time on the new map has been spent in vehicles trying to traverse loving terrain and running out of gas because it's so drat steep.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Godholio posted:

:lol: The vast majority of my time on the new map has been spent in vehicles trying to traverse loving terrain and running out of gas because it's so drat steep.

Roads are pretty important in miramar if you need to get into the zone, especially if you're in the bang bus - but there are also some dirt paths and flatter mesas that if you know about, can make traversing offroad faster.

Edit: Also buggy and 2 seater dirt bike. Half the maps I'm just loving around with the dirt bike.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Mad max simulator update

there is a button to self destruct

if you prime your self, after 5 seconds or if the enemy blows you up, you explode

you can literally scream witness me and take out two or three guys as a lot of equipment makes your explosions better

car update

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Now I want to update my very out of date freespace open files. They aren't that old...hmmm ouch 2015.

I don't think there's been any real significant changes to FSO since then? The last major update was around the time the last act of War in Heaven came out. That and Freespace Blue are the only major mod releases I can think of.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Mad max simulator update

there is a button to self destruct

if you prime your self, after 5 seconds or if the enemy blows you up, you explode

you can literally scream witness me and take out two or three guys as a lot of equipment makes your explosions better

car update

Now you're just cosplaying the race-car with the dethspike from Carmageddon series.
e: The Annihilator with Vlad driving.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
https://twitter.com/doom_txt/status/945177530662653952

ps finally got around to playing horizon zero dawn. pretty cool game.

elite_garbage_man fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Dec 25, 2017

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
God drat PUBG looks and runs like poo poo on the xbox, and the controls are pretty terrible too.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

That is one of the few ultima games I have never played

and I kinda want to go back and play 5, 6, and 7 now

If you really wanna do 5 I'd recommend the Project Lazarus version that runs on Dungeon Siege 1. http://www.u5lazarus.com/

Ultima 8: beaten. A bad old game, semi-saved by the fact that it wasn't as bad as Ultima 9.
Plus I just realized that the Guardian dude, the series villain from Ultima 7 onwards is a sunburnt Trump dropping fake news on everyone .
:aaaaa:

I always got the feeling he was supposed to be an Avatar from another world who just decide that fuckit, these guys keep screwing up, we're doing it my way now rather than what they did with him in 9. Especially after Underworld 2. If anyone seriously tries 9 be ready for the worst voice acting in a game. Want to paaarty? That isn't even the worst of it but I couldn't find a video of "Stealing is Wrong!"

Also Ut99 > Quake, and not just for Mechanism 8.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

A Bad Poster posted:

God drat PUBG looks and runs like poo poo on the xbox, and the controls are pretty terrible too.

I have mixed feelings on pc v1.0. I like all the changes I've seen, the new machine gun is fun, vaulting, new map, etc. But as soon as I get shot my game locks up for 1-2 full seconds during which time...you guessed it! I'm getting lit the gently caress up. I'm effectively one-shotted every time. More than a bit frustrating.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
How’s resident evil 7?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

2spooky

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

cowboy elvis posted:

How’s resident evil 7?

i loved it. gets kind of call of duty-ish towards the end but the first half of the game is worth the price of admission.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
It's pretty dang good imo

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I liked resident evil 7. I haven’t played any of the dlc yet though

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Godholio posted:

I have mixed feelings on pc v1.0. I like all the changes I've seen, the new machine gun is fun, vaulting, new map, etc. But as soon as I get shot my game locks up for 1-2 full seconds during which time...you guessed it! I'm getting lit the gently caress up. I'm effectively one-shotted every time. More than a bit frustrating.

That sucks, I've had a pretty good time with the update. I get rubber banding in the first minute after I drop, but it runs fine otherwise.

The Xbox launch of hilariously lovely, though, but it should get better with time. Hopefully they didn't totally gently caress themselves

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

pubg is putting all their talent into making the game prettier with new maps and new guns when all it really needs is better netcode/servers. The only real change it needed was vaulting./

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Steezo posted:

If you really wanna do 5 I'd recommend the Project Lazarus version that runs on Dungeon Siege 1. http://www.u5lazarus.com/

I always got the feeling he was supposed to be an Avatar from another world who just decide that fuckit, these guys keep screwing up, we're doing it my way now rather than what they did with him in 9. Especially after Underworld 2. If anyone seriously tries 9 be ready for the worst voice acting in a game. Want to paaarty? That isn't even the worst of it but I couldn't find a video of "Stealing is Wrong!"

Also Ut99 > Quake, and not just for Mechanism 8.

You might be right about the Guardian, however in 2017 on-wards my take is becoming eerily prophetic.

The worst voice acting I've heard has to be in Larian's Divine Divinity & Beyond Divinity. So awful, so screechy, so "Actually english is my 4th language" vocal talent casting.

I reskimmed Masters of Doom, and realized I was incorrect about John Carmack & his juvie theft of computers.
It wasn't a store, it was a school that had Apple 2 computers, and Carmack mixed up a special thermite paste to melt through the windows during the break-in.
tldr....People REALLY need to read Masters of Doom.