Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

You do see another member of race in TLJ, he's named Slowen-Lo.

So like, that species is straight up the directors wink species?

CAuse like, in TFA it was a beastie boys ref, and in TLJ he's voiced by Joseph Gordon Levitt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

bunnyofdoom posted:

So like, that species is straight up the directors wink species?

CAuse like, in TFA it was a beastie boys ref, and in TLJ he's voiced by Joseph Gordon Levitt.

Slow and low that is the tempo

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

ConfusedUs posted:

Snap shot on that Nien is good times.

Then give FAA and primed thrusters to Jess

Totally forgot Snap Shot, one of the best EPTs

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Improbable Lobster posted:

Totally forgot Snap Shot, one of the best EPTs

Snap shot owns on stressbot Nien because if they land in his arc, he gets to immediately snapshot them, give them a stress without taking one in return, and since this happens after executing but before performing actions, they don't get an action (unless they have pattern analyzer)

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

ConfusedUs posted:

Snap shot owns on stressbot Nien because if they land in his arc, he gets to immediately snapshot them, give them a stress without taking one in return, and since this happens after executing but before performing actions, they don't get an action (unless they have pattern analyzer)

Even with pattern analyser does it come down to initiative?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
No. Pattern Analyser moves the whole 'complete manoeuvre' step after their action, per the latest FAQ. If you have PA and can get out of arc, you're immune to snap shot.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Anyone else in Australia having trouble getting their hands on the new ships? My local cited problems with the supplier and it just seems to be out of stock everywhere. All I want is some loving gunboats

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Ran the same Ello/Ezra/Rex/Jess list tonight that I did last week. My friend ran a Jostero/Nym/Torani list, bomblet generator and trajectory simulator on Nym.

Nym was a pain in the rear end and forced me to fly around him and his bombs the whole game. Ello did an amazing job just being super slippery and ended up baiting Torani alone into the asteroid field and made her irrelevant for most of the fight.

I really, really love this list, and Ello Asty with Intensity and Flight Assist Astromech might be my favorite combination in the whole game. The only thing the list lacks is some real punch, but it makes up for it with some tankiness and a couple of unexpected tricks.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Recoome posted:

Anyone else in Australia having trouble getting their hands on the new ships? My local cited problems with the supplier and it just seems to be out of stock everywhere. All I want is some loving gunboats

My flgs in Bathurst was fully stocked when I was in last week. However I know the Sydney shops barley got anything in. I don't know if there are multiple distributors in Australia, but I heard GG shops had received a lot.

Still no idea why ours got everything they wanted.

BR0ME0
Apr 6, 2010

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

Ran the same Ello/Ezra/Rex/Jess list tonight that I did last week. My friend ran a Jostero/Nym/Torani list, bomblet generator and trajectory simulator on Nym.

Nym was a pain in the rear end and forced me to fly around him and his bombs the whole game. Ello did an amazing job just being super slippery and ended up baiting Torani alone into the asteroid field and made her irrelevant for most of the fight.

I really, really love this list, and Ello Asty with Intensity and Flight Assist Astromech might be my favorite combination in the whole game. The only thing the list lacks is some real punch, but it makes up for it with some tankiness and a couple of unexpected tricks.

Which list is this? I need inspiration for justifying a second T-70

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Troubel with Ello with FAA is that Snap with FAA and Primed is Just Better. AND a loving point less man those early T70s were super overcosted.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Phoenix just got a system open, end of January. Neat!

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

BR0ME0 posted:

Which list is this? I need inspiration for justifying a second T-70

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

Ello Asty (30)
Intensity (2)
Flight-Assist Astromech (1)
Integrated Astromech (0)
Black One (1)

Ezra Bridger (Sheathipede) (17)
Elusiveness (2)
Weapons Engineer (3)
M9-G8 (3)

Captain Rex (14)

Jess Pava (25)
"Chopper" (Astromech) (1)
Primed Thrusters (1)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Intensity Ello and Elusiveness Ezra stolen from this very thread! Thanks canyoneer and ConfusedUs.

That's the list! It's been super fun running it.

thespaceinvader posted:

Troubel with Ello with FAA is that Snap with FAA and Primed is Just Better. AND a loving point less man those early T70s were super overcosted.

I wouldn't say he's strictly better, but certainly another option. The biggest difference, aside from 1-2 points, is in Pilot Skill: Ello at 7, Snap at 6. This primarily translates into the ability for Ello to take the Black One title and make those barrel rolls/boosts that much more potent, and him that much more slippery compared to Snap.

I think it's just a matter of taste, mostly, since, in theory, they would fly almost exactly the same way.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

I didn't say strictly better, i said Just Better.

it's not the same thing at all ;)

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Porque no los dos?

"Snap" Wexley (28)
Intensity (2)
Primed Thrusters (1)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Ello Asty (30)
Intensity (2)
Integrated Astromech (0)
Black One (1)

Total: 66

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
¿Tres Equis?

Nien Nunb (29)
Snap Shot (2)
R3-A2 (2)
Pattern Analyzer (2)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Ello Asty (30)
Intensity (2)
Integrated Astromech (0)

"Snap" Wexley (28)
Intensity (2)
Primed Thrusters (1)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

That's a sweet list, but I'm bummed there's no room for Black One.

I have an idea!

Ello Asty (30)
Intensity (2)
Integrated Astromech (0)
Black One (1)

"Snap" Wexley (28)
Intensity (2)
Primed Thrusters (1)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Jake Farrell (24)
Intensity (2)
Proton Rockets (3)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Autothrusters (2)
A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Total: 98

Some Numbers fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Dec 21, 2017

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

canyoneer posted:

Phoenix just got a system open, end of January. Neat!

Not even going to bother to check of Australia/Asia got one. I already know the answer.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
I'm trying to come up with silly or stupid ways to abuse Han (TFA) with Courier Droid. Forty to forty-five points is such an awkward number to work without after you've kitted out Han, I'm having a hard time of it.

This was the most interesting idea I've had so far, and it's a list that made me realize Han (TFA) is technically is a Resistance ship:

Han Solo (TFA) (46)
Expertise (4)
Sabine Wren (2)
Courier Droid (0)
Thermal Detonators (3)
Engine Upgrade (4)

"Crimson Leader" (29)
Trajectory Simulator (1)
Bomblet Generator (3)
Advanced Optics (2)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Crossfire Formation (2)

Set up Han before anyone else, slap him right in your opponent's starting area, with or without room behind him. I initially slapped Sabine and a bomb on Han to help mitigate any ships setting up behind him, and that led into me wanting to abuse the bomblet generator with Sabine, which led to a Resistance Bomber and Crossfire Formation since Han is also a Resistance ship.

Please send help. But also please help me abuse Han with Courier Droid.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Wouldn't you want to place Han after your opponent does so you can ensure they get bombed? Seems like placing Han first just means they place their squad elsewhere.

Still, if you want 41 points, you could do a lot worse than Norra, either the tank build with 3PO/R2 or the 4 action build with Kyle/BB-8/EU.

You could also do Confused's Ghost Defender, which is a generic Ghost with FCS, Hera and Ezra.

Some Numbers fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Dec 21, 2017

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

If I were using TFA Han, I'd probably do something like this

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f...20Squadron&obs=

(Poe is a placeholder, but a good one, and there's still a couple points left)

At PS11 you're probably going to be able to ensure you set up dead last, and you can do so in such a way that a 4-forward is guaranteed to be in Cruise Missile range of some ship. Preferably you set up Han on the flank so if they want to gun for him, they have to turn, or they can ignore him and go for your wingman. But either choice, turn one they have to be ready to eat a 5-die attack with lock/chips, and on turn 2 your wingman is probably in the fight.

I'd test:
Which title, if either, do I take on the Falcon?
Should I go to another EPT on Han, such as Lone Wolf?

...I kinda want to try this now, actually.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Lone Wolf/Old title with 3PO is a pretty solid tank, even if you can't guarantee you'll place last.

I kind of want to try this too.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Ausgoons. If your flgs doesn't have any of wave 12/13 my flgs has a lot of everything, but the Imp Gunship(because we are dirty whores). The owner said she would be happy to charge retail+shipping if anyone wants some.

It's Game on Cards and Games Bathurst. Give them a ring or email them.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
all I wanted was gunships

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Gimmick lists are the lifeblood of this game.

TIE Bomber: •Tomax Bren (30)
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)
TIE Shuttle (0)
Cool Hand (1)
Fleet Officer (3)
Inspiring Recruit (1)

Lambda-Class Shuttle: Omicron Group Pilot (35)
Fire-Control System (2)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)
Gunner (5)

Fire-Control System (2)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)
Gunner (5)

Total: 100/100

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Dec 21, 2017

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Perhaps the best X-wing mod I have seen. Glass is magnetized to the base

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Gimmick lists are the lifeblood of this game.

TIE Bomber: •Tomax Bren (30)
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)
TIE Shuttle (0)
Cool Hand (1)
Fleet Officer (3)
Inspiring Recruit (1)

Fire-Control System (2)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)
Gunner (5)

Fire-Control System (2)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)
Gunner (5)

Total: 100/100

What's Inspiring Recruit for? You're only getting 1 stress per turn.

flightless greeb
Jan 28, 2016

Does Barnes and Noble still carry X-Wing in store? Got a gift cert for them but their online store doesn't show anything newer than wave 9, except randomly guns for hire which I already have. Would the selection be better in store maybe?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

They do but I haven't seen anything from the new wave in the two times I've been in a B&N since they came out.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
My local stores got the Last Jedi packs, but still haven’t gotten things like Heroes of the Resistance or the Imp Gunboat. The last time they had everything new in stock was wave 10 or 11.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
I really need to track down a Starviper or wait for the Tie Silencer for the sweet sweet autothruster, right? I want to play a A-Wing. :(

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

What's Inspiring Recruit for? You're only getting 1 stress per turn.

Lack of any other useful one point crew.. :shrug:

IA is less helpful with no reposition and at least I'm fine if someone dumps a second stress on one of my ships.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
It's the time of the year for resistance a-wing homebrew Of course, there may be minor spoilers in that link.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

bunnyofdoom posted:

It's the time of the year for resistance a-wing homebrew Of course, there may be minor spoilers in that link.

I kinda like the concept of the swivel cannons.

Also I had a sensible chuckle at this:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
Lockmart product placement

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

I’m the flair on an F-35.

Secret Machine
Jun 20, 2005

What the Hell?

Is the ship destroyed if it gets assigned the condition card, “Rain”?

I would actually like to see this applied to other modern aircraft. A-10 Warthog: 4 attk, 1 agl, 8 Hull, 0 Shld?

Tequila Ranger
Sep 11, 2004

host after host after host ...

Secret Machine posted:

A-10 Warthog: 4 attk, 1 agl, 8 Hull, 0 Shld?

"BRRRRRRRTT"
Title, A-10 Only
Your Attacks may not be canceled by evade results that come from having or spending a Reinforce Token

When you are assigned a face up pilot card, you may discard it immediately without resolving it.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I have a feeling that X Wings or TIE fighters would smoke a squadron of actual planes.
It would be like that scene in Independence Day where the alien craft wallops waves of F-18s with minimal losses.

So the F-35 and A-10 should have zero agility and one attack die, if that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wapole Languray
Jul 4, 2012

I've been obsessed with making First Order Only lists recently, had fun with several and just came up with one I think would be disgustingly fun:

Major Stridan (32)
Fire-Control System (2)
General Hux (5)
Courier Droid (0)
Kylo Ren's Shuttle (2)

"Omega Leader" (21)
Juke (2)
Comm Relay (3)

"Quickdraw" (29)
Rage (1)
Electronic Baffle (1)
Lightweight Frame (2)
Special Ops Training (0)

Deploy fairly spread out and converge on the nastiest thing the enemy has. Stridan Hux's and gives the Condition to Quickdraw, who Rages, uses E-Baffle to get a shot on the target, Omega Leader target locks. Then Shooting happens and Quickdraw gets another Rage shot, OL does his thing, and Stridan shoots with Focus. If it survives, slap a Stress on it with the title so it won't live another round. Everyone does a green, clears stress, and can repeat next time.

According to http://xwingcalculator.x10host.com/diceuilm.html against a target with 2 AGI (Average Ship)

Quickdraw will get an average of 2 Damage on both shots not including the possible Hux bonus, Omega does 1, Stridan does 2. That's likely 7 damage on average, and 12 at max. Small ships should be disintegrated and big ones severely damaged, and with the title stressed. QD is assumed to die first, with either Omega or Stridan finishing the fight.

How does that sound? Solid? Crap?

• Locked thread