Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

flick my Mr. Bean posted:

It's almost christmas and he was sending all his WoW guildmates a year's supply of piss bottles
my understanding is that a collection of piss bottles is known as a "raid"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

my understanding is that a collection of piss bottles is known as a "raid"

really, I thought it was a "depression"

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
A gaggle of geese, a parliament of owls, a murder of crows, a clowder of cats, a depression of gamers.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Krazyface posted:

Supposedly this was a thing between the Romans and the Gauls, that the barbarians just couldn't handle their wine.

Greeks and romans drank wine diluted, while the "barbarians" went to town without adding a whole lot of water and got shitfaced. "Drinking scythian" was the saying of drinking pure wine.

Scythians also loved their shroom tents. Outside the rabble would wait for the nobles to piss in a bowl, as they still could get buzzed from that. How did they find out that?

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

My husband bought glass Coke bottles with our pet names for each other on the label. I thought it was cute. If he started bringing home hundreds of Coke bottles with our names on them with no explanation that would not be cute. Even if she's the one in the wrong here, the moment "I'm going to sue you" came out of his mouth she ought to have dumped him.

quote:

My [19F] roommate [20F] of 4 months thinks my soda is sexist.

I've been living with my roommate since summer. We live in a dorm which is one room. We generally get along well, few complaints so far.

Unfortunately, there is one big issue. She always keeps a lot of soda and stuff in the fridge, and I put a few of my Coke Zeros in the fridge the other day that I got for Halloween. The only cans that are sold in the grocery store here are the ones that say "Share a Coke with a/your Gamer/Grillmaster/Wingman/Bro"

So my roommate saw them and threw them all in the garbage. When I asked why, she said because she was disgusted by the blatant sexism and was surprised that I even bought something like that. She said she always thought I wasn't a sexist person and she doesn't know how I could support an industry like that.

I tried to explain to her that it was just trying to market to a specific demographic that might not buy Coke Zero as much, or something. I don't know. She refused to compromise and won't apologize or reimburse me from throwing out my drinks.

I don't drink soda a whole lot, so this situation is really irritating to me. She thinks I'm the worst person in the world right now basically. Am I wrong? Or is she? What should I do?

tl;dr: My roommate threw out all my Coke Zero because she thinks it is sexist. Refuses to pay me back and basically thinks I'm a terrible person.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Labes for days posted:

I'm picturing like, literal kittens having this dispute. Anything else is too sad.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Labes for days posted:

loving lol at being so easily triggered.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Holier than thou types are always hypocritical in some way, so she just start one upping her roommate by accusing her of sexism over increasingly lurid things.

Maybe start by throwing away her make-up as a tool of the patriarchy.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
destroy any nice/sexy clothes she has because they objectify the female body and enable stare-rape.

I think that story was already posted a while ago though.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
My [28F] roommate [30F] eats all my food. Even the food I've hidden in my room.

quote:

I signed a year lease when I moved in with her so there's no way I can get out of this until months from now. It's only been less than 4 months and I cannot deal with this woman anymore. I think she has some kind of eating disorder. We're not especially close and I haven't known her for long, so I'm hoping for some advice about what to do that won't cause drama.

She goes on binges where she eats everything in the apartment. It doesn't matter what or where it is. She can clean out the fridge and cabinets (week or so worth of food total) in a single day. This happens at least a couple times a week. She spends all her money on takeout, fast food and cornerstore junk, then complains about how she never has any money. If she didn't have automatic payments set up she would probably not make her share of the rent each month. She's had to ask me for cash for things like gas, which after never paying back a couple times, I've stopped lending.

I've never seen anyone spend so much on food for one person, she buys like she's stocking a bunker or trying to feed a family reunion. She started taking my food shortly after I moved in, this was in September. First it was just one item going missing here or there. I thought I misplaced them or didn't remember finishing them. Then she got more brazen and would pass it off as not realizing things were mine, claiming it was on "her side" of the fridge. Things like that. I said if she wasn't sure then please ask me. I don't have a lot of money. She said she would. Never has. After that she more or less stopped trying to hide what she was doing at all. She's been eating everything I get for myself, on top of a half-dozen+ food trips per week for her own stuff.

Like I said it's all junkfood and I don't get much of that for myself, but that doesn't stop her. She'll eat whatever I buy. One shopping trip I deliberately bought nothing but lots of veggies and other ingredients for healthy meals like salads, omelettes and stir frys. I thought she'd leave at least some of it alone given her preference for sugars and fried food. She still ate all of it during that night. Most of her eating happens at night when I'm asleep, or in the morning when I'm in class or work. If I want to eat (like cook an actual meal, not grabbing something on the go), I basically have to buy my food and make it during a window of time in the afternoon when I'm at home while she's at her part time job. Otherwise any items I bring into the house will be eaten as soon as I'm away or asleep.

The last straw has been this week. I started just storing non-perishables and non-fridge items in my room. (Yes I did keep talking to her a few other times about taking my food when she kept doing it, but nothing ever changed so I gave up. I honestly think she can't control whatever problem she has.) Now I found she figured it out and has been raiding my room for food when I'm out of the house.

I may put a lock on my door (have to ask landlord first) but am I wrong for thinking it shouldn't be at this point? It's extreme and not sustainable for my budget. I was considering sitting down with her and telling her that I think she should talk to a doctor about her eating behavior. I'd of course do this calmly without anger. I think she's ill in some way and the compulsive eating is a part of it. I can't know if she's depressed, but physically she's well on her way to morbid obesity if not there already.

If she isn't willing to talk to a professional then I'd try to get a lock for my door, but I figure I should first try encouraging her to get help.

Does this seem like a good approach? Anything else I could try? Thanks for reading if you made it this far.

TL;DR I live with a roommate who binge eats all my food whenever I'm asleep or not home. My past attempts at telling her to stop haven't worked, and I think she's suffering from an eating disorder or other illness.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

A good dosage of rat poison should work.

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

I would definitely start keeping laxatives in my room after the first time that happened, holy poo poo

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

have you seen my baby posted:

I would definitely start keeping laxatives in my room after the first time that happened, holy poo poo

if i lived in a legal state i'd probably put a few of those 500mg pot brownies in my fridge in my room.

if you keep it in the labeled container she can't go after you for poisoning, it's not your fault someone broke into your room and ate clearly labeled stuff.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Artist's impression of roommate arriving home:

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
Theft should be reported to the landlord and they can then either evict the roommate or let the OP out of their lease.

I would be banging the landlords doors down demanding this poo poo be handled. This kind of thing would definitely be covered under the "right to quiet enjoyment" portion of the lease.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

maskenfreiheit posted:

if i lived in a legal state i'd probably put a few of those 500mg pot brownies in my fridge in my room.

if you keep it in the labeled container she can't go after you for poisoning, it's not your fault someone broke into your room and ate clearly labeled stuff.

This is the correct answer, but bonus points for leaving them with some high powered laxatives.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Outrail posted:

This is the correct answer, but bonus points for leaving them with some high powered laxatives.

that would probably stray into the illegal territory.

legal revenge is the best, because not only can you lol at owning someone hard, they will have absolutely no recorse. thinking of creative ways to gently caress over people who have wronged me gives me quite the thrill, it almost makes it worth it that they crossed me.

allowing yourself to be thrown into the jowels of "they system" is a self own, and cancels out the own of the roommate.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Jeza posted:

Artist's impression of roommate arriving home:

Impression of roommate waking up some morning:

almightyerin
Apr 16, 2007

The one the only. Accept no substitutes.
She needs to up her food hiding game in the meantime. I have tons of food hidden in the kitchen. The snack basket is a just a decoy. The good treats are hidden in all those antique decorative coffee cans and stuff I decorate the top of my shelves with. Also those empty cottage cheese containers in the freezer labelled "chicken stock" do not actually contain chicken stock.

As for coke bottle guy, I don't know what he expected to do with those. I got one of each for me, my kid and my husband but a year later those biodegradable labels are starting to fade and look lovely.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Write your name on some other garbage - it’s the same thing. Jfc hoarders are gross.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Truth. I just feel like he's trying to use it like the women were somehow being harmed and thus his complaint would be more important. Not that his complaint isn't completely legitimate alone.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

M_Sinistrari posted:

I figure it's a combination of what tolerance he's built up and whatever genetic tolerance he's inherited
These things are so goddamn weird. I put away somewhere between a pint and a fifth of hard liquor a night for well over a decade and ended up feeling so lovely that I was sure the doctor would tell me I was on the verge of ruin when I finally quit in my late 30s. Nope, my bloodwork was perfect, liver was petite and perky, everything was as it should be, I was just depressed and cumulatively disastrously hung over. I'm skinny and female too; that poo poo isn't supposed to happen. There's a massive range of capacity for alcohol, and unfortunately more durable people can give less durable ones bad ideas.

If you're going to drink a whole lot, eastern European genetics help.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

fruit on the bottom posted:

A gaggle of geese, a parliament of owls, a murder of crows, a clowder of cats, a depression of gamers.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Gamers aren't depressed and rarely if ever suffer actual depression. There's a difference between depression and thinking the world owes you because you're inherently "smart".

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
[33/f] who would like her boyfriends to stop forcing sex. (self.relationship_advice)

quote:

In several of my relationships I have had 1 or 2 incidents where I have explicitly told my boyfriend that I didn’t want sex, and they had sex with me anyways. I’ve tried pushing them off, and telling them it was painful, but they don’t listen. Eventually I stop fighting, not bc I want it, but bc struggling just made it more painful. With my first boyfriend, I talked to him about it afterwards and he seemed to understand. However, it happened two more times.

. .

The last time I think he could tell he had gone too far bc he left right away. While he was leaving I told him AGAIN that I hadn’t wanted to have sex and he just said something about his job being stressful and walked out. I didn’t hear from him for two days, and then he texted me to apologize and that he had time to think about it and he shouldn’t have done what he did. By that time, I was so pissed off about being ignored for several days that I cursed him out and broke up with him. .. .

In other relationships, the first time it happened I would be cautious, but the second time effectively killed my sexual interest, and I’d break up with them. I would never really tell them the truth about why bc I couldn’t bring myself to say “you forced yourself on me” even though that’s how I felt. I’m not sure I feel like a rape victim, just generally despondent. They all seemed genuinely clueless I was unhappy about the sex, which I find hard to believe. .

These are men who otherwise consider themselves good men and who I know other people consider good men too. I’ve never told anyone, not even my therapist about these incidents. I guess I already know it would make people uncomfortable and they’d would likely ignore it. I’m not sure what good telling anyone would really do. It’s also hard to feel like a victim, I feel more despondent.

I’d like to hear from other women .. is this experience common? What did you do? How did you feel? And from men what exactly compells otherwise decent guys to keep going? —— TL;DR - Sometimes my boyfriends have kept going with sex after I’ve said stop or it’s painful. Why do they do this and how do I make it stop?

:stare:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

maskenfreiheit posted:

[33/f] who would like her boyfriends to stop forcing sex. (self.relationship_advice)

Yeah it's common. my answer is: I don't know. we're all trying figure it out :shrug:.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

maskenfreiheit posted:

Yknow I'm just glad she's taking steps to share and process her hosed up life.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

maskenfreiheit posted:

Yeah, that's hosed up. But I think the problem is 'but we're dating! OF COURSE she wants to bang every time I want to!' My first BF was like that. He thought I was playing 'hard to get' when I'd tell him I wasn't in the mood.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

maskenfreiheit posted:

My [28F] roommate [30F] eats all my food. Even the food I've hidden in my room.

Good news for everyone else in her county: none of them have tapeworms cause they've all taken up residence in her roommate.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
it's time for "guess the ages!"

I 35M asked out my best friend's 37M sister 32F. Now I need to extricate myself.

quote:

Sorry for how long this is, but I just want to lay it all out. I've known my best friend forever (lets call him Stu), and it always been the case that he didn't want any of his friends dating his sister (lets call her Mary). I never gave any thought of actually persuing it until recently. Mary is very attractive, and Stu and Mary have a very rocky relationship for a variety of reasons I can't really get into here.

We (me, Stu, and my brother, lets call him Larry) were talking about women recently, and somehow, Mary came up in the conversation. Stu gave us the green light to date her, which kind of shocked both Larry and I. I verified Stu meant it, and said yes.

I had occasion to see Mary at two large events back to back not long after that conversation with Stu, and we had fun talking during those events. We've normally been pretty friendly with each other throughout the years. Larry has sworn that Mary is into me before, but I never pursued it, because of the prohibition from Stu.

Mary then started hitting me up on social media, and we got to talking a lot, still pretty casual. Between getting the green light, and vibes that she was into me, I finally asked her out. We both agreed that my being best friends with Stu could make it weird, but we were both interested in seeing how it would go. We didn't make concrete plans, just that we should hang out one on one in the near future and see what happens (Christmas and other stuff, so I was thinking like late next week).

I've been talking Larry about all of this throughout, so he did his wingman thing and brought up to Stu the general idea about either Larry or I dating Mary. It did not go well. Stu is now saying he never gave a green light. Larry and I both agree he did. Based on what was relayed from Larry, Stu figure out I am the one interested in Mary, and if I did date Mary, that would basically be the end of our friendship. Larry and I think Stu thought of the green light as a throwaway that neither Larry or I would pursue, because Stu couldn't actually deal with that happening, so now he has backtracked.

So, I'm already set to sit Stu down and basically just explain the situation. I don't want to get in an argument about the green light conversation (i.e. whether he said it or not), but basically clear the air and state I thought I had a green light, and she reached out to me. This isn't really a blame thing, I just want to make sure our relationship stays solid. I know Stu is not going to budge on this based on all my conversations with Larry and how long I've known Stu, and I am not going to blow up my relationship with by best friend over his sister.

What I need advice on, is how to break it off with Mary without making the situation worse. If I tell her that I can't go out on a date with her because of Stu, both Larry and I think it will cause lots of drame between Mary and Stu, and make it worse. I don't want to ghost her or anything, since she doesn't deserve that. I know this is way too dramatic for adults, and I kind of think it's bullshit based on how old we all are, but I know I have to handle Stu the way I layed out above. I would prefer to stay friendly with Mary, since there will be occasions that we have to see each other in the future. Any advice?

TL;DR - Ended up in a bad situation between my best friend and his sist, and now I need to break it off with her, preferably with no hurt feelings.

my takeaway: murder these idiots and also then the entire human race

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

maskenfreiheit posted:

It’s funny (well, it’s not) but I work with a lady like this. Her husband is a real dickhead but she just can’t see it. When the girls are discussing sex at the breakfast table at work she’ll say something like ‘does your guy ever want it but you say no but he just does it anyway?’ And she giggles. But the other ladies will say ‘yes, that’s actually rape Nicola’.

Then she says something about how he can’t help himself because he love her so much. She’s so brainwashed by him it’s pretty sad really. This is a woman of 47 by the way.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
My [F22] bf [M23] says me watching crime shows is annoying and means I like drama?

quote:

I binge watch Crime Watch on YouTube. When I was a kid, Unsolved Mysteries and Law and Order: SVU was my jam. As well as documentaries about crime.

In high school, I spent hours on TruTv’s crime library.

It’s just an interest...idk. Just stuff I like to look at on my free time? I guess these interests inspired my career path of psychiatry but other than that, it’s not like I’m obsessed or let what I watch dictate my life...

Anyways, the other night, me and my bf were laying down and I was trying to get him to watch an episode of Crime Watch with me. He pauses it halfway and says, “Why am I watching this?” And I just respond with, “Idk, look how much of a sociopath this guy is. It’s crazy!”

He starts to rant and says that all I care about is drama. All I watch is crime stuff and it’s all drama. All I read on reddit is drama. That I LOVE drama and it’s annoying and that it says a lot about me.

His reaction was rather shocking because he had a really irritated tone in his voice.

I’ve tried getting him to watch documentaries like “I Am Jane Doe” or “13.” He had no care in the world for “I am Jane Doe,” and “13,” was only okay.

I get we don’t have to have the same interests but to go off on a rant and say the only thing I care about in the world is drama is pretty weird.

TLDR: was watching an episode of Crime Watch with bf who paused it halfway and said that the only thing I care about and like is drama and that it says a lot about me.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
that's bullshit, forensic files owns

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

maskenfreiheit posted:

My [F22] bf [M23] says me watching crime shows is annoying and means I like drama?

There's an underlying issue here. Which I am not going to try and investigate, because they both sound very insufferable.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Pick posted:

that's bullshit, forensic files owns

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Television and your choice of TV shows is very important because that's what you'll be doing for six to nine hours a day for forty years until you die.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Who watches that much loving tv? I watch like 2-3 hours a week, max.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

lol if you even watch any tv. drat geriatrics. twitch or nothing. only videogames.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Pick posted:

Who watches that much loving tv? I watch like 2-3 hours a week, max.

[proceeds to watch 5 hours of forensic files but it's ok because netflix is on the computer :smug:]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Jeza posted:

lol if you even watch any tv. drat geriatrics. twitch or nothing. only videogames.