Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012
I don't see CCP ever realistically nerfing logi back to the attrition days. Mostly because the "elite pvp" nerds would lose their loving minds if they had to actually accept losses in every battle and grind out a war of attrition (that Goons would almost always win).

Ironically, wars of attrition would be the best possible thing for Eve's economy, which benefits everyone.

But like I said CCP will never do that because as soon as they suggest it, all the pubbies everywhere will rise up in anger and downvote that idea into oblivion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Omniblivion posted:

I don't see CCP ever realistically nerfing logi back to the attrition days. Mostly because the "elite pvp" nerds would lose their loving minds if they had to actually accept losses in every battle and grind out a war of attrition (that Goons would almost always win).

Ironically, wars of attrition would be the best possible thing for Eve's economy, which benefits everyone.

But like I said CCP will never do that because as soon as they suggest it, all the pubbies everywhere will rise up in anger and downvote that idea into oblivion.

yeah all ccp's ship balancing is ~elite small-gang pvp~ idiots they collected from pl like fozzie who don't really like or even really get large fleet fights so it's never gonna happen

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Syndic Thrass posted:

Don't say m8 you loving oh seven pubbie piece of poo poo

https://www.kugutsumen.org/

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Dalael posted:

No, but that's a planned feature for their 3rd decade.

Even Online 2018: Fun is a feature planned for the third decade

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

http://goatse.cx

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

is he still a cryptocurrency nut with that whole beluga thing

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

evilweasel posted:

is he still a cryptocurrency nut with that whole beluga thing

i think that is fake, ip harvest kugu

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

that would make sense

i didn't bother to click on the link though which is why i asked

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

lol

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

lol

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

evilweasel posted:

that would make sense

i didn't bother to click on the link though which is why i asked

double lol

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

evilweasel posted:

yeah all ccp's ship balancing is ~elite small-gang pvp~ idiots they collected from pl like fozzie who don't really like or even really get large fleet fights so it's never gonna happen

the problem isn't which style of pvp they liked when they were a player, it's that playing eve for a few years doesn't make you into a game designer. TBF eve is probably the worst possible game for making the jump from "I play videogames" to being a designer. but at some point you either have the right mentality or you don't, and I feel that most of the people in that role now don't.

a backhanded compliment: at the very least they aren't greyscale, who was also bad but thought he was hot poo poo

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

evilweasel posted:

I think Rise is more to blame for this tbh.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
I'll 1v1 you bro

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

irl?

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
With you

Severing
Aug 26, 2017

The Eve fun patch will be released at the same time as Valve releases HL3.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Omniblivion posted:

the changes to remote reps and giving them falloff are a pretty big step in the right direction. Only thing we need now is a slight nerf to t2/t3 resists across the board combined with remote reps taking signature radius into account (so triage doesn't heal t3s for retarded levels that can't be broken w/o dreads)

Part of the thing is logi is hard to balance between two100 man fleets fighting and multiple full fleets fighting. DPS scales up with multiple fleets but logi doesn't./

PookBear fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Dec 23, 2017

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Dalael posted:

gently caress I can't wait until you grow out of your teenage years. Until then do us all a favor and suck on a shotgun will ya?

Excuse you, the proper terminology is "suck-start a shotgun" namaste

Zakrello
Feb 17, 2015

missile imbound
:suspense: oh boy :suspense:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

#anotherone

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Another one what

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Bites the dust?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Syndic Thrass posted:

Bites the dust?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfjuOYSX01M&t=4s

i think a blue gets shot in this one

steve galaxius pls confirm

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Hi Syndic, you moved and got a job yeah? Hope life is great for you. Miss you in comms!

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Syndic Thrass posted:

Another one what

another keepstar

i don't even know how many we have anymore, besides that it's double-digits and I think its in the teens

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
We put Providence to shame.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
15 Keepstars is silly. They should make an upwell structure that's 10x better and more expensive than a keepstar, so we can have an appropriate capital. They can call it a Goonstar, because no one else will build one.

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009
https://updates.eveonline.com/card/7gqVr/palatine-keepstar/

quote:

Palatine Keepstar
The most heavily armored and sought after Citadel of them all, the Palatine Keepstar is the jewel in the crown of any major power in New Eden. The main draw to this structure is that it is unique, with its own SKIN, and only one may exist in the universe at any given time. On destruction, a permanent monument bearing the name of the corporation that had created the Upwell Palatine Citadel will be placed in its previous location.

This will only be true for the first one of these structures ever created.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Rutibex posted:

15 Keepstars is silly. They should make an upwell structure that's 10x better and more expensive than a keepstar, so we can have an appropriate capital. They can call it a Goonstar, because no one else will build one.

Out of 20 million sperm, you were seriously the fastest one?

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Rust Martialis posted:

Hi Syndic, you moved and got a job yeah? Hope life is great for you. Miss you in comms!

Yep, l did. Life's loving great these days. I still drop in from time to time to poo poo the place up, usually when I get back from the bar.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Xolve posted:

Out of 20 million sperm, you were seriously the fastest one?

Forrest Gump face looking rear end!

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

CCP may have slightly over-specced the cost of the Palatine Keepstar.

I wonder if there's even any game code for the "only 1 can exist at a time" thing. Given that it's impossible to build one without all of eve cooperating to put together all the PI in the game, and then we'd have to wait 5 years to farm the PI to built a second one, this is quite possibly the most pointless feature in the game. The section of code to enforce that could just be a comment that says lol and accomplish the same results.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

yeah the palpatine keepstar is pretty dumb

why build one when you can have literal hundreds of regular keepstars instead

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

if I had enough money I'd create an alliance named FIRE FOZZIE AND FALCON anchor the palpatine keepstar and let everyone blow it up

Burlinton
Jul 4, 2014
Maybe was already talked about but I got tired scrolling back through all this poo poo. CCP continues to underwhelm me with this year's holiday promotion. While a free respec like in the old days, or some funny worthless gifts would be cool, we just get more of the same poo poo and discounted skins. Better for CCP to have just skipped the event all together. Guess they must have laid off the guy that had this job.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Burlinton posted:

Maybe was already talked about but I got tired scrolling back through all this poo poo. CCP continues to underwhelm me with this year's holiday promotion. While a free respec like in the old days, or some funny worthless gifts would be cool, we just get more of the same poo poo and discounted skins. Better for CCP to have just skipped the event all together. Guess they must have laid off the guy that had this job.

They even put fireworks up in the plex store

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

yeah the palpatine keepstar is pretty dumb

why build one when you can have literal hundreds of regular keepstars instead

If Dozer was still in goons, i'd say to over compensate for his small dick but currently, there's no reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Dalael posted:

If Dozer was still in goons, i'd say to over compensate for his small dick but currently, there's no reason.

awwwwwww look at the D name poster trying to talk poo poo, thats cute. leave the actual flaming to disgraceland usa tia. boney can actually pull off a decent insult, even if requires him to be frothing at the mouth in rage to do so.

• Locked thread