Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

taters posted:

Basically, hackers made hundereds of modded accounts before the platform transfers were stopped. They get a little more expensive every month as there are fewer of them as time goes on. Rank 250 w/ 500m and all unlocks is going for about $250 for PS4 and $125 for Xbox. On PC that would be about $50.

That's kind of impressive thinking ahead to stockpile those before the transfers shut down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
So what are you actually buying, a PSN account connected to a GTA save that has all those goodies?

Anyway, is a MOC worth buying if you mostly play solo? Are the Mark II weapons that good? I should make it have the command center and weapons workshop, right? I have like 2.3 million and already own a vehicle warehouse, cargo warehouse, gun bunker, and motorcycle club. I'm thinking on waiting out the doomsday bunker and straight up passing on the hangar.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

ElwoodCuse posted:

So what are you actually buying, a PSN account connected to a GTA save that has all those goodies?

Anyway, is a MOC worth buying if you mostly play solo? Are the Mark II weapons that good? I should make it have the command center and weapons workshop, right? I have like 2.3 million and already own a vehicle warehouse, cargo warehouse, gun bunker, and motorcycle club. I'm thinking on waiting out the doomsday bunker and straight up passing on the hangar.

1. Yes
2. Mark II weapons are the only way to use specialized ammunition, and they own
3. it's the only way to modify gunrunning vehicles like the oppressor, I believe.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

The hangar is nice because you can take any aircraft you've purchased in there and have it added to your personal vehicle collection. You can then spawn in one using the interaction menu like you would your personal vehicle. You can change their color and mod some of them to add weapons and stuff.

The hangar missions are fun, but definitely require multiple people to get through quicker and sell with any bonuses. It's good to keep a stash around for when 2x hangar sales pop up. It also gives you wanted-free access to the airport you have it at. I got the cheapest Zancudo one when it was on sale.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!
I got a hangar for the Akula requirement and it's a hoot, but drat I run out of bombs way too fast :argh:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Holiday liveries are available for the jetpack now.

You can buy this stupid thing. It's a $500k SUV in the Sports category and it has like zero customization other than the front bumper. It's trash. Please don't waste your money on this garbage heap.

But, most importantly, snow is back! It truly is the season :toot:

Phweengee
Nov 5, 2012

Locobono posted:

Why do you have both hands on the keyboard? WASD + Ctrl & Shift are all you need to steer it. Your other hand is for mouse aiming the Mk II Revolver with JHP's out the window at people.

You're correct that left control and shift function as pitch, but the car doesn't let you shoot your hand guns from the seat; you're stuck with the vehicle guns only. Further, like I said, right-mouse is the vehicle fire button, not any sort of aim. I still fly aircraft with my keyboard, and using number pad works best for me, so would like any other button other than right-click to shoot.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
It's snowwwwiiinnnnggg!!!!

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Zigmidge posted:

It's snowwwwiiinnnnggg!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkO8AKzsxcY

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Please make sure you have a naloxone kit and someone with basic training around.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Now I wanna be able to shoot up at my apartment coffee table and get the reverse bullet time effect

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

https://giant.gfycat.com/GeneralFlamboyantBeetle.webm

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Busted!

There was a thing the other night where you could shoot the orbital cannon, disconnect the internet, reconnect and get a refund for money you never spent. I may have abused it...

thank goodness I had already spent most of it, so they actually only took $337

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Your links aren't working, hugh. Also, I think there was a glitch that would do more than just refund and people are now space rich on PS4 and Xbone?

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlainFlickeringJuliabutterfly.webm

Merry Christmas, GTA Thread.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Weird, they work for me

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Am I a piece of poo poo for actively enjoying sabotaging organisations in pubbie servers? Like the other day I saw a cargobob with a couple of guys in it taking off, sped past it and sticky bombed it, then waited till they were just high enough they thought they were home dry before taking the whole thing down. Got yelled at for that and they spent a while hunting me down but still a hilarious experience.

Trolling idiots is just my favourite thing in this game. Personal favourite is just picking one person and relentlessly chasing them down/sending mercs at them.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
Beyond running things for money to buy things, the only thing to do is ruin people's days.

The only time I get really sour about it is when some invincible hacker does some zero effort griefing. As long as you're doing it on the up and up there's no shame in it.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I lost my account that had all my my PS3 hackerbux and Adder bonds (not like there was much left after the updates up to, umm, yachts I think), how do I make mad money for all the cool things that have been released to GTAO on a new account? I'm not going to buy shark cards.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

orcane posted:

I lost my account that had all my my PS3 hackerbux and Adder bonds (not like there was much left after the updates up to, umm, yachts I think), how do I make mad money for all the cool things that have been released to GTAO on a new account? I'm not going to buy shark cards.

get some friends to do the criminal mastermind challenge for the original set of heists. first time nets you 13 million I think? more if you can do the elite challenges

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Shere posted:

Beyond running things for money to buy things, the only thing to do is ruin people's days.

The only time I get really sour about it is when some invincible hacker does some zero effort griefing. As long as you're doing it on the up and up there's no shame in it.

Or use the akula which is totally legal cheating and garner all the hates.

And insurance costs.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

make a new thread.

Especially with all the new stuff. I've been away for a long while - hopefully will be around after christmas finally to try the new heists.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Between the akula and oppressor, I've never been happier with GTA Online. Wrecking servers is such joy.

There are also a lot more hacker-free servers on PC than the internet wants to make you think there are. More likely goons see one on one server then cry.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

Anecdotally I couldn't find a session with more than 10 people and no one being a hacking fuckhead for like two weeks up to the launch of Doomsday.

It's much better now but I'd wager the mod menus haven't had time to disseminate.

All it takes is for it to happen once to basically sour a whole play session

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

ThomasPaine posted:

Am I a piece of poo poo for actively enjoying sabotaging organisations in pubbie servers? Like the other day I saw a cargobob with a couple of guys in it taking off, sped past it and sticky bombed it, then waited till they were just high enough they thought they were home dry before taking the whole thing down. Got yelled at for that and they spent a while hunting me down but still a hilarious experience.

Trolling idiots is just my favourite thing in this game. Personal favourite is just picking one person and relentlessly chasing them down/sending mercs at them.

you're not a piece of poo poo because, not only is it extremely fun, the game actually rewards being a spiteful rear end in a top hat.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

a bone to pick posted:

you're not a piece of poo poo because, not only is it extremely fun, the game actually rewards being a spiteful rear end in a top hat.

Hell, the game tells you when other people are moving cargo or delivering weapons and says "go get 'em".

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Shere posted:

All it takes is for it to happen once to basically sour a whole play session

Zigmidge posted:

More likely goons see one on one server then cry.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

I don't get it, is there something wrong about what I said? Or do I need to document every time I'm trucking along and get teleported to someone's apartment with all of my guns stripped away, have explosions spammed on my character, or gigantic obstructing phys-objects spawned everywhere? Is there a threshold of recurrence before someone is allowed to complain about it?

It's not at all rare occurrence and it's certainly not "crying" to state that it:

1) happens
2) will happen to you
3) will happen to you quite often if you play in large public lobbies on PC

It's better right now, but late November/Early December was miserable. Maybe you're getting lucky and not running into it.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
nah I don't blame you for calling out hacking for being lame, widespread hacking in PC games is why I bought a console this generation.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

ThomasPaine posted:

No, you're doing it right and never tell yourself otherwise.

Phweengee
Nov 5, 2012
Dangit.

I had this great idea to collect the super rare treasure crates into a small warehouse and keep them as trophies. Finally got the third call, delivered it, and it got stuck up on the top shelf for none to enjoy.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Can anything with the MOC be done in a private lobby? A real private lobby, not a "play with your connection" private public lobby.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shere posted:

I'm just trying to make 40k selling this weak rear end standard range car, all you're going to do by blowing me up before I can make it 3 blocks from my warehouse is make me turn off the game and go back to playing Overwatch. :mad:

Seriously though, I literally can't do anything involving organizations unless I fiddle with my connection to get a solo session. It'd be one thing if people had to chase me down in a car and I could at least try out-driving them, but when a missile just streaks down from the sky with no warning and there's nothing I can do about it then why am I even playing at that point?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

bango skank posted:

I'm just trying to make 40k selling this weak rear end standard range car, all you're going to do by blowing me up before I can make it 3 blocks from my warehouse is make me turn off the game and go back to playing Overwatch. :mad:

Seriously though, I literally can't do anything involving organizations unless I fiddle with my connection to get a solo session. It'd be one thing if people had to chase me down in a car and I could at least try out-driving them, but when a missile just streaks down from the sky with no warning and there's nothing I can do about it then why am I even playing at that point?

You know what's fun? When you're driving a tugboat to deliver crates, and you see the people approaching with fighter jets.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

bango skank posted:

I love selling in a crowded session. I pay the 12K for ghost, can usually get it to the destination in time. And there's nothing better than driving past clueless players in a murdered-out hypercar, and watching their futile attempts to chase me :allears:

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

bango skank posted:

if it's really annoying you, you can use Session Sweeper to dump everyone from the session, then not lock it. people will slowly trickle in and sometimes it stays around 5-7 people and usually they stick to their own business. Just don't do it when you're in an I/E vehicle.

If the crazy Aimbot AI didn't instantly spawn and do stuff like headshot me while I'm in the pilot seat of the cargobob, I'd do all my grinding for cash in a solo session.

e: I just re-read, and maybe you're already doing this. it's been much busier since Doomsday, and I've had more people working to gently caress with Special/Vehicle Cargo. Sometimes it's nice to find a Buzzard and go hunting for other people's crates, it can be a bit cathartic.

If you hop on discord you can probably find some goons to help you out also.

TheTofuShop fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Dec 23, 2017

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Was there no free stuff today? I thought there’d be another set of liveries at least.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

TheTofuShop posted:

If the crazy Aimbot AI didn't instantly spawn and do stuff like headshot me while I'm in the pilot seat of the cargobob, I'd do all my grinding for cash in a solo session.

In a solo session, I either have the cargobob outside already or leave the car parked by the warehouse while I retrieve one. The npc's don't spawn until you're a few blocks away in the i/e car. So I hook it up to the cargobob and ascend about one altitude meter bar before heading to the destination. So the key is, as it is to so many things, to stay high :rznv:

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

Anime_Otaku posted:

Was there no free stuff today? I thought there’d be another set of liveries at least.

Nope :smith:

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Phweengee posted:

Dangit.

I had this great idea to collect the super rare treasure crates into a small warehouse and keep them as trophies. Finally got the third call, delivered it, and it got stuck up on the top shelf for none to enjoy.

That sucks yeah. I had 4 across the bottom with single non-rares on the top row, but then sold the singles and it slid everything over and on top. I got 5 now just waiting on that last

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

bango skank posted:

What? Why? No!

Literally never sell anything except top range cars, ever. Get your car storage to 32 cars then you can sell a top range every time and it will source you a top range every time.

If you hosed this up and have duplicate cars then just sell the duplicates so you have no 2 cars of the same model then get yourself back up to 32 cars and go from there. It will never source you as duplicate car as long as you have less than 32 cars and no duplicates in your garage.

Assuming you can drive at all you will almost always make 75k+ after damages, every single sale.

• Locked thread