Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler

MREBoy posted:

Wargaming sent me the "Come back and get this pile of free crap" email and I didn't get the pile of free crap when I logged in :saddowns: .

Do you have to claim it on their website? I know if someone sends you a gift you have to log in to claim it before you get it in game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !

xanif posted:

Do you have to claim it on their website? I know if someone sends you a gift you have to log in to claim it before you get it in game.

I clicked the link in the email they sent me, it eventually redirects to the download page for the installer :shrug: . I was already logged in when I clicked the link, I'm not seeing any sort of notification or message about claiming anything. I poked around in the Prem shop, nothing there. Oh well.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Boy I'm starting to get loving sick and tired of being the lone tier 5 in a tier 7 game when I play either my Iron Duke or my König. Not a whole loving lot I can do in those games!

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Angle, tank, and be a pest - but never be the center of attention.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

MREBoy posted:

Wargaming sent me the "Come back and get this pile of free crap" email and I didn't get the pile of free crap when I logged in :saddowns: .

Same, supposedly its some sort of bug because wargaming.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Sperglord Actual posted:

Angle, tank, and be a pest - but never be the center of attention.

Right, that'd be easier if the tier 7 battleships on my team didn't suffer from pubbie disease and camp in the furthest possible corner. Everyone outranges me by a couple of KM so I have to try to get in close -- and when I do I of course get focused.

This poo poo sucks!

E: I honestly can't remember the time I wasn't bottom tier.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC
T5 and T8 are the worst MM brackets possible. Stick it out.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Yeah I got the konigsberg to help with some of the cruiser tasks and it's almost always in t7 matches. Really love it's guns but twice now i've been killed in one shot while 75%+ health and angled from enemy bb's.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

God drat the Giulio Cesare owns though. I spent most of the time kiting 3-4 enemy battleships around and shooting them up.

E: I'm so loving sick of battleship pubbies thinking "if my ship has a range of 23 KM, I should be 23 KM away from the nearest enemy, preferably sitting behind a mountain".

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Dec 23, 2017

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man

Der Shovel posted:

I'm so loving sick of battleship pubbies thinking "if my ship has a range of 23 KM, I should be 23 KM away from the nearest enemy, preferably sitting behind a mountain".

We all are. :smith:

Mauzeraut
Aug 15, 2005

Ka-BEWWWWM!
Tried out a 19-point full AA spec captain in the Sims because I get so many CV games around Tier 7.

It's like a mini-Kidd. It pulls 400+ DPS with defensive fire going and can take out an entire strike from a ranger. Don't have to worry about scout planes at all. It's absolutely brutal.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

OK, better players, help a brother out: what can I do in those situations?

Let me propose a couple of hypotheticals:

1. I'm in a top tier battleship. The rest of our battleships are doing the pubbie thing of doing donuts 30 KM behind the line of engagement. What can I do to help things?

2. I'm in a lower tier battleship. Our top tiers are playing like pubbie idiots. Can I do anything or should I just consider this a wash?

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Der Shovel posted:

OK, better players, help a brother out: what can I do in those situations?

Let me propose a couple of hypotheticals:

1. I'm in a top tier battleship. The rest of our battleships are doing the pubbie thing of doing donuts 30 KM behind the line of engagement. What can I do to help things?

2. I'm in a lower tier battleship. Our top tiers are playing like pubbie idiots. Can I do anything or should I just consider this a wash?

Try to find some of your friendly cruisers and head towards them. Stick near them and either the enemy will tank start shooting at you, or they'll ignore you and possibly give you a tasty broadside.
If the game is a wash, point yourself towards the nearest enemy ship you can and ram them. It won't change anything, but its a handy way to pad some damage.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

This game continues to find cool and interesting way so to gently caress me over.

nodm
Jul 17, 2011
Regular daily container drops a Prinz Eugen with 10 pt captain. That's actually the first ever premium ship I ever pulled out of one of those. After the Nikolai from Xmas containers, and WG giving me a welcome back Giulio Cesare and De Grasse on my US account, it's been a pretty nice week in WOWS. Ranked draining my will to live as ever though.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
The worst part of ranked is that I fully acknowledge I am not good enough at tier 8-BB shooting to swing games in my BBs. Give me a Texas or a Scharn or any of the 5-7 Fun Boats I play? Hell yeah I'm gonna do 60k+ no sweat- it's a bad game if I don't break 80k, but I'm just not used to the speeds, ranges, and angles involved in tier 8+ BB fights. Oblique shots especially gently caress me over.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

Just for the hell of it I logged back into the game just now, all the free stuff popped in :woop: :homebrew: :hfive: . And the icing on the cake was the 2 freebie crates giving me 10k free XP and doubloons :neckbeard: . I really aught to get the Pensacola unlocked at least before the US cruiser split. I'm 25k XP off it and oh wait I now have over 220k free xp usable with another 200k convertable. But I will stick with the general rule of using it to unlock modules and not ships/tanks.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Cleveland is still pretty cool and you could probably blow that out in 8-10 operations with a tier 6 operation week.

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
I really hate Iron Duke. Is something wrong with me or is it bad?

ratchild13
Apr 28, 2006

Fun Shoe

MREBoy posted:

I clicked the link in the email they sent me, it eventually redirects to the download page for the installer :shrug: . I was already logged in when I clicked the link, I'm not seeing any sort of notification or message about claiming anything. I poked around in the Prem shop, nothing there. Oh well.

Yeah I got the Giulio Cesare email the other day, and it wasn't working. I put in a support ticket and the response said it was some bug or issue on their promo email, logged in today and it was finally there. That, and 7.5 mill credits and 80k free exp, not too shabby.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

wdarkk posted:

Cleveland is still pretty cool and you could probably blow that out in 8-10 operations with a tier 6 operation week.

Just getting back into this and the Cleveland was my favorite ship when I played a couple of years ago. Things seemed to have changed a lot, I notice the commander perks for advanced firing control or whatever only go up to 139mm now...they went up to 155 last time I played, which meant the Cleveland (with its 152s) got the 20% range and traversal buff which meant it could hit out to 18km and be competitive. Lort does it suck now: just unlocked it while working my way through the Steam tiers and that 14.6km range is a killer. Literally: I die every time I play because everyone else in a match has 2km+ range on me...

Is there a trick to getting through T6 on US cruisers now? I'm getting 500xp or less per match because my teams always lose and I get blown up early. I've been hanging back with the BBs and trying to take out other cruisers and DDs, then switching to AP when it's time to shoot BBs. What am I doing wrong?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Yeah same, I recently came back and I've been dedicating myself to bb's, but rolling out my old cleveland to do the cruiser campaign missions, and boy does it not feel as good as it used to.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Just getting back into this and the Cleveland was my favorite ship when I played a couple of years ago. Things seemed to have changed a lot, I notice the commander perks for advanced firing control or whatever only go up to 139mm now...they went up to 155 last time I played, which meant the Cleveland (with its 152s) got the 20% range and traversal buff which meant it could hit out to 18km and be competitive. Lort does it suck now: just unlocked it while working my way through the Steam tiers and that 14.6km range is a killer. Literally: I die every time I play because everyone else in a match has 2km+ range on me...

Is there a trick to getting through T6 on US cruisers now? I'm getting 500xp or less per match because my teams always lose and I get blown up early. I've been hanging back with the BBs and trying to take out other cruisers and DDs, then switching to AP when it's time to shoot BBs. What am I doing wrong?

The cleveland in particular LOVES IFHE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4hVQaQS20U

Drive it like Flamu does, and you will do excellent damage.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

orange juche posted:

The cleveland in particular LOVES IFHE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4hVQaQS20U

Drive it like Flamu does, and you will do excellent damage.

The problem of course is that IFHE is fukkin useless on 8" cruisers. If you make an IFHE Cleveland captain now, I believe it'll be stuck on the t6-pepsicola when the line split happens.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Don’t shoot AP at BBs unless they are really close and giving you a flat side. Shoot HE at everything. The Cleveland is got power creeped pretty hard and isn’t keeping up. It puts out some incredible damage, but lacks the range and speed to really use it. Also it doesn’t have the tiny citadel it used to have.

I wish they’d speed us the turret traverse so at least it could wiggle to dodge shots and keep up return fire.

However, bring that Cleveland into the PvE operations and it really shines.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

wdarkk posted:

The problem of course is that IFHE is fukkin useless on 8" cruisers. If you make an IFHE Cleveland captain now, I believe it'll be stuck on the t6-pepsicola when the line split happens.
Yeah, but that's probably 3-4 months or more away.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

wdarkk posted:

Normally they clone and reset the skills on the captains.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

wdarkk posted:

Just move him back up to the Cleveland? :shrug:

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
I would pay a premium matchmaker fee to not have lovely retards who just bought their Eugens/Hippers playing on my Ranked team.

Goddamn doing ranked this close to Christmas is evil.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Blindeye posted:

Normally they clone and reset the skills on the captains.

I thought they just gave you a new 10pt captain for the new ship.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

I would pay a premium matchmaker fee to not have lovely retards who just bought their Eugens/Hippers playing on my Ranked team.

Goddamn doing ranked this close to Christmas is evil.
I had a hipper go down a flank on his own and kill half the enemy team in a match earlier.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

MikeC posted:

This game continues to find cool and interesting way so to gently caress me over.

Boat Gaede, so what

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man

Between the trend of turning cut BB A-hulls into low effort premiums and now straight up bribing people to come back and play, I'm starting to wonder if WG is having problems keeping the game afloat.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Sperglord Actual posted:

Between the trend of turning cut BB A-hulls into low effort premiums and now straight up bribing people to come back and play, I'm starting to wonder if WG is having problems keeping the game afloat.

Player numbers seem a little higher than I remember them being last year.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Why does the santa laugh they added sound so evil?

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

ratchild13 posted:

Yeah I got the Giulio Cesare email the other day, and it wasn't working. I put in a support ticket and the response said it was some bug or issue on their promo email, logged in today and it was finally there. That, and 7.5 mill credits and 80k free exp, not too shabby.

You got screwed then. I got the boats, 100x of a number of flags, 10M creds and 150k XP :v:

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
So whats the go to goon clan now, my amazing choice of SEAMN is gone so what are the options. (NA)

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
A friendly Bismarck decided to charge down two smoked Kutuzovs and a Tirpitz.

He died for some reason.

He was very upset.

There was like eight solid minutes of this. I could post more but it all amounts to reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Sperglord Actual posted:

It's literally just premium IJN BBs that are getting shafted this way - all other lines that have had sister ships (or similar) put in as premiums have generally had some thought put into them. Between this the loving over various IJN DDs (and their torpedoes as a whole) have gotten ever since launch, the devs just seem to like screwing those lines over.

As for the other point, I've taken multiple multi-month hiatuses this year and have gotten absolutely nothing in the way of "please come back" bonuses, and someone in the last few pages said similar. So who the hell knows what WG is doing on that front.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nodm
Jul 17, 2011

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

A friendly Bismarck decided to charge down two smoked Kutuzovs and a Tirpitz.

He died for some reason.

He was very upset.

There was like eight solid minutes of this. I could post more but it all amounts to reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I swear, Bismarck and Tirpitz captains are the bane of my ranked existence. They will gently caress up a certain win, every time. Up 2 caps and several 100 points? WE NEED TO PUSH!11