Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Black Griffon posted:

To be honest I don't know if I'll ever use housing storage when I've got all my poo poo centralized in bank, but maybe it'll be more useful when I've got a few more top level characters under my belt or if I somehow lose eso+.

My immersion etc sure but also usefulness.

All the stuff you own is in every bank in every city all over the continent, but you cant have it in your house, that your character supposedly lives in? My immersion opinion differs! :) I just hope they they dont require grinding a bajillion shits like a lot of the other stuff (it probably will).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I mean, you can already place the banker that you buy with crowns in your house, so I doubt it's going to be anything that'll supplant that.

I'm hoping you can do public/friend/guild permissions on housing storage though.

Or even better, and less likely, being able to place items for sale at your house. Divine Design Alliance already does this as an informal thing.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Dec 23, 2017

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008
I haven't even bothered to get a house, and probably won't unless something other than the house-inventory-space thing gets implemented. I know a lot of people like the cosmetics part of this game, but I just feel very meh about it.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Hah, I forgot those existed. They arent going to replace 5000 crown assistants with something.. err, reasonable? Sort of makes me more curious about it.

JadaX posted:

I haven't even bothered to get a house, and probably won't unless something other than the house-inventory-space thing gets implemented. I know a lot of people like the cosmetics part of this game, but I just feel very meh about it.

Some of them are very convenient and/or pretty. Screw the indoors, plant all the trees, everywhere!

valuum fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Dec 23, 2017

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.
I've been thinking about trying ESO out as a single player game after getting back into Skyrim. It seems like a good time to buy in due to the sales.

Is the $30 Morrowind package that includes the base game the best place to start? I don't think I need the smaller expansions right off the bat.

I also noticed that Steam and Non-Steam purchases cannot be mixed and matched; so if I buy though Steam, all future purchases have to go through Steam as well.

Is there any point in buying through Steam? I know ESO will have its own client, and the prices look the same across the board.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
The point in buying through Steam is that Steam is good and normal and corporate and we should always support that.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Aramek posted:

The point in buying through Steam is that Steam is good and normal and corporate and we should always support that.

On the other hand, Steam won’t let you buy the Gold Edition with all the DLC plus Morrowind for less than $12. :smugbert:

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

Comrade Koba posted:

On the other hand, Steam won’t let you buy the Gold Edition with all the DLC plus Morrowind for less than $12. :smugbert:

Is there a sale going on right now for this, or did I miss it?

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Haerc posted:

Is there a sale going on right now for this, or did I miss it?

Nah, it was a while ago on some game code selling site.

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008
I just hit 230, what lvl do I need to be to get into trials (need Infalliable, Moondancer for my magblade). I know wer're not a raiding guild, but how do you guys join trials, pubs or?

Also, can you noobs please get online so we can run a few vet wgt so my healplar can get spc! I also need vet VoM for wormcult gear.

JadaX fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Dec 23, 2017

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Copper Vein posted:

I've been thinking about trying ESO out as a single player game after getting back into Skyrim. It seems like a good time to buy in due to the sales.

Is the $30 Morrowind package that includes the base game the best place to start? I don't think I need the smaller expansions right off the bat.

I also noticed that Steam and Non-Steam purchases cannot be mixed and matched; so if I buy though Steam, all future purchases have to go through Steam as well.

Is there any point in buying through Steam? I know ESO will have its own client, and the prices look the same across the board.

Steam is actually more of a hassle here.

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
LORECHAT: Wait a sec, if the moonlet came before Vivec built the city, why is he still building everything right there? :tinfoil:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I think the actual answer is because the moonlet is going to destroy all of Vvardenfell anyway. That is where he wanted his capital and that way everybody can see it as well.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I mean it's basically a power move.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Sheogorath did nothing wrong.

The Red Year was an inside job.

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.

corn in the bible posted:

Steam is actually more of a hassle here.

Why do you say that? Are the download speeds different? Connection issues? Does it get in the way of buying crowns? Problems with VOIP? You still play with the same region severe as non-steam right?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

So now that I bought a bunch of crowns I’m looking to buy! With the limited time items, do any of them come back to the store on a yearly cycle or something like that? Or do you just have to jump when something cool comes up because it’s never coming back?

What’s the conventional wisdom on common sense wise purchases to make like the banker?

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Now I'm debating getting Daggerfall Mansion, Ebonheart castle or wait for a possible Summerset special house in a 2018 content update...

Quondam, Veloth Reverie and Mathiisen Manor were my initial picks but I got the big crown pack because why not?

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

Black Griffon posted:

To be honest I don't know if I'll ever use housing storage when I've got all my poo poo centralized in bank, but maybe it'll be more useful when I've got a few more top level characters under my belt or if I somehow lose eso+.

My immersion etc sure but also usefulness.

This.

I know we were talking about this yesterday, but I still don't see this as a compelling reason to buy a house. Even with the storage it just doesn't seem useful or practical to person like me that values function over form.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

mauman posted:

This.

I know we were talking about this yesterday, but I still don't see this as a compelling reason to buy a house. Even with the storage it just doesn't seem useful or practical to person like me that values function over form.

In that case you should visit ennuid's house (right click -> travel to primary). I use it for deconstructing stuff, it's very handy!

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads
Whelp I guess I'll have to delete a thing or two out my pile to make space for some chests if Housing storage becomes a reality.

But for real it's about drat time, for the past year Homestead has been the biggest waste of development time ever. They don't even add anything good like Writ Boards or Undaunted quest-givers, that would actually make houses convenient and useful.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I bought that huge pile of crows for $75 today, and actually the first thing i did was buy a furnished medium-sized house and a bundle of trees to make the outside look more foresty. It's not very functional but it's a lot of fun!

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I bought that huge pile of crows for $75 today

Man...I wouldn't want to see 21,000 crows flying around. That would be scary :downs:

On a more serious note, only a medium house? For 21,000 crowns surely you could have gotten something...grander? Maybe not furnished as well (or at all) but that would be an in game goal for you.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I am gonna be one of those immersion nerds who will never, ever buy a furnished home and only buy a home that feels right. Like, I'll buy the biggest home once I've saved the world several times over even though I might have the crowns for it already.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Black Griffon posted:

I am gonna be one of those immersion nerds who will never, ever buy a furnished home and only buy a home that feels right. Like, I'll buy the biggest home once I've saved the world several times over even though I might have the crowns for it already.

Do this, then get one of the morrowind homes. My current main is the Ald Velothi house on the northwestern end of Vvardenfell cause I always liked that area in TES3 and can't really explain it.

Best house practical wise is definitely the apartment in Mournhold though, which is relatively cheap, gold or crown wise.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

mauman posted:

Man...I wouldn't want to see 21,000 crows flying around. That would be scary :downs:

On a more serious note, only a medium house? For 21,000 crowns surely you could have gotten something...grander? Maybe not furnished as well (or at all) but that would be an in game goal for you.
Ha, I did write crows. oops. I would totally fill my house with crows if I could, though.

Well, for one thing, I didn't intend to spend the entire $75 on a virtual house. I'm hoping to make those crowns last, through whatever stuff pops up that I want to pick up off the store there. I'm legitimately bummed that I missed out on the classic wizard hats, from an older pack. Every time I see somebody running around with a wizard hat I'm like god drat, that looks great! If those are available again someday I'm gonna pounce on it.

And for another thing, I really like that the option exists in this game to buy a modest house instead of just choosing between several gigantic fortresses. I'm a RP nerd at heart and I wanted something that looked reasonable as a home for one character. If I was going to blow a ton of money on housing, what I'd do is buy more houses and personalize them for different people. Actually one of the first things I did was yank a bunch of the default decorations out of there and use them to spruce up one of the little free hotel rooms, for a character of mine who's more of a wanderer.

And lastly, with all those crowns left over, I can go nuts buying individual decorations. I know you can craft them, buy them off traders and whatnot, but I'm not at a point where I can get anything good. If I know just the perfect thing to place somewhere, I can buy it directly. Like outside I put a well with a little lantern sitting on it in one spot, and a campfire, a pile of firewood, and some flat rocks to sit on in another spot, and it looks great, and all that cost just a handful of coins. When I get to a point where I can get better decorations by other means, I can start swapping things around and get more creative with it, but I've got a great spot for my characters to chill out for now.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

I'm not gonna start RPing any time soon, but I'm safe enough in my nerdyness to admit that a lot of my decisions in this game are based on what my character would do, and it's not often that an MMO gives me enough of a sense of immersion to do that, so good on ya ESO.

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

Black Griffon posted:

I'm not gonna start RPing any time soon, but I'm safe enough in my nerdyness to admit that a lot of my decisions in this game are based on what my character would do, and it's not often that an MMO gives me enough of a sense of immersion to do that, so good on ya ESO.

Same. The completely open world is so good for letting you decide where your character would go next and what they'd do.

When the Morrowind expac dropped I ran across more than a few RPers in the cities. It was awesome - people talking in the inns, people "working" around the cities. Sometimes the most mundane RP is the best.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Wow.

Good for you ESO.

Edit: It was five minutes initially but I waited to take the SS if 30 seconds seems rather underwhelming :D

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Wow I don't think I've ever run into a queue

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

That only happens because the login server is tied to the BG and LFG tools.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Berke Negri posted:

Do this, then get one of the morrowind homes. My current main is the Ald Velothi house on the northwestern end of Vvardenfell cause I always liked that area in TES3 and can't really explain it.

Best house practical wise is definitely the apartment in Mournhold though, which is relatively cheap, gold or crown wise.

Just checked out your house, the view from the balcony is loving awesome. Amaya lake lodge really does it for me, but that's a close second! (I need to remove some trees, cant see the shrooms for all the forest)

(i lit the fire in the basement while you were away, sorry if it's all burnt down /rp)

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

ORB ORB ORB ORB ORB ORB ORB ORB

ORB

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

You cat looks ill.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

basically the legs are Sotha Sil's mechanisms and the rat is Lorkhan

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Nerd Of Prey posted:

And lastly, with all those crowns left over, I can go nuts buying individual decorations. I know you can craft them, buy them off traders and whatnot, but I'm not at a point where I can get anything good. If I know just the perfect thing to place somewhere, I can buy it directly.

A few items are Crowns-only, but I'd advise you give stealing a whirl if you need to grind gold for furniture. Get the LazyThief addon and tell it to only pick up green items or better, then head to the Daggerfall docks. The ships are void of NPC's, so you won't be bothered. Relog when done, repeat. The fence is close by and you'll level Legerdemain quickly, so put points in the in the skills that allow you to fence more items and get more money. Join a trading guild and launder valuable stuff that isn't treasure. Rawl'kha (Reaper's March) and Belkarth (Craglorn) guild traders usually have a good selection. I was able to buy Hunding's Palatial Hall for gold and furnish most of it after a good few weeks.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I thought I was stealing a lot but I’ve never hit a limit with the fence so I guess not

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Trustworthy posted:

LORECHAT: Wait a sec, if the moonlet came before Vivec built the city, why is he still building everything right there? :tinfoil:

To have a floating inquisition headquarters right above his normal priest HQ. Shrine to Stop the Moon is a lot more impressive if you can see said moon RIGHT THERE, too.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
Can I get a invite to the guild as @serewit? Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Snowy posted:

I thought I was stealing a lot but I’ve never hit a limit with the fence so I guess not

Doing thieves guild stuff you will hit it a lot