Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Haven't spoken to my parents in years. I wouldn't keep such an extraordinary amount of distance away from them if they were good people. Cutting them off significantly improved my life.

Anyway, merry christmas and happy holiday you all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I'll be happy if my sister doesn't start "testing the waters" on her privilege of being afraid of refugees again tomorrow. Since our holiest of loving nights is the 24th, we obviously hit the church early and then unwrap gifts and poo poo at 5pm, so we can eat by 6pm, and last year, my sister decided she'd casually probe if it's okay to say she's JUST A CONCERNED MOTHER, YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND, NO I DON'T NEED STATISTICS TELLING ME I'M AN IDIOT.

I'd rather not call her out on her bullshit again tomorrow, because last time, my dad kinda tried to smooth her bullshit over by saying it's just an opinion, and I'm not having American bullshit-Thanksgiving rules move into my fine nation.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I was talking to my mother this morning and she wants me to come home to visit, but i'm honest with her that I don't want to fight with family and right now there is no way I won't.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

My mom is more like a generous older sister and her husband is an awesome smart dude with an amazing job and leans hard left.

My biological dad is a drunk migrant worker I never talk to.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Way to perpetuate the stereotype DadcodKilla

Geizkragen
Dec 29, 2006

Get that booze monkey off my back!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

You're not a very good Geizkragen, my friend :(

Genau. It was a joke at first.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

So the tax bill had been brought up which my uncle and cousin think is great despite not making much money and having debts. They're also happy that Obamacare will probably die. This is a guy who went $600k in the hole andthe only real consequence was he'll never be able to get a loan again. Oh that drat social safety net. I kept my mouth shut during all of this.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

ONE oval office WOLF PACK posted:

Way to perpetuate the stereotype DadcodKilla

I’m not a migrant worker!

Well... i do move around from time to time for the navy...

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

That’s almost my outfit yesterday.

~just dad things~

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

LingcodKilla posted:

That’s almost my outfit yesterday.

~just dad things~

This is cool and good.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

You're not a very good Geizkragen, my friend :(

did i miss it and get the antonym of geizkragen?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Christmas with my my mom's side of the family is like watching idiots dancing towards a cliff and deciding they're so stupid that they deserve to get hurt when this all goes to hell.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

who did y'all vote for

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

who did y'all vote for

as always the best way to open christmas dinner

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Too stupid to know you're poor sums up a lot of my family.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

well i know what im buying with my christmas bonus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=96&v=hvbuq7zHQxo

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Just picked up a $120 roast for monday. Costco has so many drat roasts :o

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

lol Costco on the 23rd of December? Brave man

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Working this weekend, playing video games and working on the Jeep Monday, then driving to my mom's house Tuesday to spend the rest of the week with my her and my kid. We'll be going to see TLJ and working on his truck, since the driver's door lock stopped working a few days ago and the inside door handle doesn't work.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I've got a big goddamn order at work to fill tuesday morning and end of year inventory the next day.

I'm glad I went to see family over thanksgiving instead of christmas this year. Gonna spend the rest of the weekend in a haze of hash bread and video games.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Brought my girlfriend out to Tucson to spend the holidays at my sister's place. It's gonna be a fairly short Christmas for her- a few days before we left, she found out that her 90-something grandmother had passed away and now has to fly trans-Pacific on Christmas Day. She's okay since it wasn't entirely unexpected, but obviously a little sad. I'm trying to show her as good of time as I can before she heads out on the morning of the 25th, so we've been going running and hiking and having a great time with my family. Fortunately the only political arguments I have with my immediate family are "Trump: worst president ever or worst president that ever will be?"

Underpinning all of this is that my girlfriend isn't gonna be my girlfriend much longer. At some point in the next few months, I'm going to upgrade her to fiancée.

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to all of you, hope you have a great one!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Merry Christmas all. My Weber is happily dealing to two racks of ribs and two ducks. I am glad to be home and all is well.
Everyone be safe this Christmas.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
My checklist so far:

-bitcoin
-trump
-the poors
-everything is too expensive now
-nothing makes any sense any more
-poo poo talking the grandkid who couldn't visit this holiday
-long winded explanation of why each family member is bad

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I got drunk and I still hate my extended family. They were not told that I'm deploying so I didn't have to have hands laid on me and prayed for.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

One of my oddball brothers is visiting. He's the type who can be a prick without realizing or caring. For example:

"Have you seen the new Star Wars?"
"No, I've only seen the first six."
"Oh, yeah I didn't like the prequels. Too family friendly and such. But the new ones are good and dark. Like how Han Solo got killed by his son."

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I got legos for my nephews, but one of the boxes is slightly smaller than the other.

I've made a huge mistake.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Free entertainment though. Child pit fighting!

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Zeris posted:

-long winded explanation of why each family member is bad

You sure your family isn't celebrating festivus?

Is there a galvanized pipe standing nearby? Have there been any feats of strength events?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I liked the Christmas when my cousin refused to come after it got back to her that grandma said living with her boyfriend before marriage was basically the same thing as prostitution.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Fister Roboto posted:

I got legos for my nephews, but one of the boxes is slightly smaller than the other.

I've made a huge mistake.

Welcome to my life of having twins.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
make them do a competition and the winner gets the bigger box

or make their parents say which one they love more gets the bigger box

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm using this time off to detox myself from caffeine. I've been having way too much and it doesn't have nearly the same effect on me as it used to.

I'm three days in and I want to murder someone.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I'm not going home for Christmas and my family had their get together yesterday. Having my entire family in one house is like elevating the tension to 1000 because we all kind of don't like eachother. Seriously, everybody has an issue with at least one other person (including me). I'll go home for New Years and party with the couple of relatives I get along with well.

I feel like my mental state is a lot healthier because of this decision.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Even ships get to visit their families at christmas time.
Merry christmas german navy.

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/17185/the-german-navy-has-decided-to-return-their-new-frigate-to-the-ship-store-this-christmas

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Casimir Radon posted:

I liked the Christmas when my cousin refused to come after it got back to her that grandma said living with her boyfriend before marriage was basically the same thing as prostitution.

Is your cousin my exwife?

One of her cousins refused to show one year because grandma called her a "loosey goosey" or some poo poo.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Is your cousin my exwife?

One of her cousins refused to show one year because grandma called her a "loosey goosey" or some poo poo.

Goddamn grandmas fuckin ruthless

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

ONE oval office WOLF PACK posted:

Goddamn grandmas fuckin ruthless

Her name was Ruth. And she was a cool old lady that still league bowled and drank beer deep into her 80s.

She took a shotgun shell to the shoulder when her husband heard a prowler and she decided staying put where her husband last saw her was a bad idea, so she collected some bird shot. Pretty boss for an old lady.

Super loving catholic though.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
fell of the bed last night loving and now i can barely walk. gg nm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Casimir Radon posted:

I got drunk and I still hate my extended family. They were not told that I'm deploying so I didn't have to have hands laid on me and prayed for.

:wtf: who lays hands on each other and prays?

• Locked thread