Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
At the least take them to a charity shop, drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Synthbuttrange posted:

Are they actually worth something?

about a buck per + shipping going off of recent ebay sold listings

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

just think of all the johnny come lately hams whove never experienced stepping barefoot on a 2ed boxed set grot. put them on ebay so they too can taste the agnoy

A friend in high school stabbed me in the arm with one and it drew blood

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
My introduction to Hams was getting my cousin's metal Sauron figure jammed in my foot.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I threw all my monopose 2nd edition plastics in the bin years ago

Probably like 50 models

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Moola posted:

I threw all my monopose 2nd edition plastics in the bin years ago

Probably like 50 models

You .... MONSTER!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
I've got a ton of plastic Golaith guys in my garage. They are all the same sprue that was free on a cover of white dwarf when necromunda came out the first time.
My dad worked at a newspaper distrbuters, and they binned returns bar the front cover. So every time GW gave a free model Ugleb and I got a tonne of them. They were 90% Goliath as the other was the more popular Orlock.

I often wonder if they have any value.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
old gw poo poo will fetch a price on nostalgia alone

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Synthbuttrange posted:

Are they actually worth something?

Not a ton, but certain crazy people (like me) love them.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

Floppychop posted:

Not a ton, but certain crazy people (like me) love them.

I missed the boat on the early monopose gobbos, but I'd happily buy a few for use in D&D or my kings of war army.

Skails
Feb 24, 2008

Born-In-Space
Don't miss out on these gems from Ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Warhammer-40k-Space-Marines-Rogue-Trader-Scouts-Painted/152044576063?hash=item2366901d3f:g:C6sAAOSwOfxXBUyc

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I love the old mohawk scouts as Black Templars, but even then the old metal ones are superior to the plastics.

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

4 crying babymans

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Schadenboner posted:

I've actually always wanted to do up some Solar Aux in a Stormtrooper-like color scheme (probably more ivory than straight white though?). I think the visual reference would be clear enough while still working with the model and it would provide sort of a grimdark take on the noblebright Star Wars setting.

:shrug:

Dreadwroth posted:

It was the red and white shoes that really clued me in.
I'm sure someone has done an Star Wars Imperial themed Guard army, it would work given how striking most of the color use is.

Genghis Cohen posted:

Oh, I'm completely on board with using colours from other sources. I just mean weird conversions where things end up half one and half the other - I've seen marines with SW helmets, weird modifications to the shape of the legs, and red-painted tubes as lightsabers in place of power swords. Never works imo. (I'd get pics, but I'm at work)

*Barges in breathless two weeks late*
Hey guys I heard you were talking about Stormtrooper IG but what if your Stormtroopers were also Space Nazis??!?
https://dreamforge-games.com/collections/types?q=Infantry

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I've proven in this thread before I'm happy to take terrible models and do something with them. Those gretchin could be fun!

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

I bought up to about 120 of those little buggers about 13 years ago, to max out how many grots you could take in an ork army. I got to roll so many dice.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
One third hit, one third wounded, two thirds saved. Remove one space marine.

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

Yes! It was funny every time. I miss my big green bog, sucks in bullets and tactical squads.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Well if anyone wants to pay postage and wait for shipping from Australia... stick your hand up.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

As long as shipping isn't crazy expensive I'd take them. Hell, I'd be happy if they were crammed into a padded envelope.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Floppychop posted:

As long as shipping isn't crazy expensive I'd take them. Hell, I'd be happy if they were crammed into a padded envelope.

Your mailman, on the other hand....

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

anti_strunt posted:

Hey guys I heard you were talking about Stormtrooper IG but what if your Stormtroopers were also Space Nazis??!?

God loving dammit, why do people want to play Nazis so bad, I'll never get it.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
I think I've had good luck shipping from Australia. Any way to get an estimate? I'm in Thailand.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Im currently at my folks. Once im back in a week ill figure all that out and make another post

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Fathis Munk posted:

In this case the Nazi imagery is to distract you from the fact that they're obvious Star Wars storm trooper heads on Fallout power armor bodies.

E: they appear to have been redisgned! Nevermind

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

anti_strunt posted:

Take the Wolfenstein Terminator Hitler earlier in the thread, pair him up with a pair of these guys, kitbash something together from the Cadians maybe and have a kickass Wolfenstein diorama?

Or question why the hell I had a hard time finding US Paratrooper or Desert Rats (Shorts please) when I still actively played. I should see if I have some of my scrunts/paintjobs at the time around still on that note.

SRM posted:

A friend in high school stabbed me in the arm with one and it drew blood

I've got a small scar from painting/assembling Typhus for a friend and trying to catch the little bastard after knocking it off the table. Think it was his head landed just right or something.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

old gw poo poo will fetch a price on nostalgia alone

SRM would follow you into a sketchy looking building if you told him that you had second edition space marines there. Then he'd regain consciousness and realize that his kidneys are missing.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Star Man posted:

SRM would follow you into a sketchy looking building if you told him that you had second edition space marines there. Then he'd regain consciousness and realize that his kidneys are missing.

My Citadel Finekidneys are probably all full of holes at this point anyway.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

moths posted:

In this case the Nazi imagery is to distract you from the fact that they're obvious Star Wars storm trooper heads on Fallout power armor bodies.

E: they appear to have been redisgned! Nevermind

did they actually redesign these to look MORE nazi?

I always wanted to get a kit of these :(

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Nebiros posted:

Or question why the hell I had a hard time finding US Paratrooper or Desert Rats (Shorts please) when I still actively played. I should see if I have some of my scrunts/paintjobs at the time around still on that note.

Great, now I want to make LRDG and Auto-Sahariane themed armies.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Moola posted:

did they actually redesign these to look MORE nazi?

I always wanted to get a kit of these :(

Yeah, unless I'm remembering incorrectly the stahlhelms are new.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Fathis Munk posted:

It's the table-top equivelent of

beloved of both by 14 year old boys and them who never grow past that?

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

CovfefeCatCafe posted:

Great, now I want to make LRDG and Auto-Sahariane themed armies.

I had a Pinkie Rover I started modding into an Autocannon Sentinel floating around for a while. Had to use Cadians though.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
GONG

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He's pretty good.

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

When I saw the model, I imagined it was standing on a broken mirror, which would be cool

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Glayvin!

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

If this is wrong I don't wanna be right.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

I really, really want this to be part of a full army.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
There was a heap more - unfortunately the site's long gone and a lot of the links weren't archived, but there are a bunch:

http://web.archive.org/web/20011204214710/http://www.bitzbox.com/conversions/simpsonsOne.htm