Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

business hammocks posted:

Now that BLM has the prerequisites to equip their units with orbital drop pods, they can surprise us anywhere!

"Between this and the Antifa mechs, it is becoming clear that the left cannot meme"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

blm put all their resources into research so they unlocked stealth units before the MAGA brigade unlocked detectors

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Did people in the 60s think hippies and freedom riders were secretly highly trained paramilitary units

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
wait until blm researches the low orbit ion cannon and aims it at the presidents twitter

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 23 days!)

Data Graham posted:

Did people in the 60s think hippies and freedom riders were secretly highly trained paramilitary units

they literally thought civil rights was taking marching orders from Moscow

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Data Graham posted:

The villains in many movies were "eco terrorists"

Corny
Feb 18, 2006

i am scared
check out this LEGENDARY ratio

https://twitter.com/its_a_trapppp/status/944447846782300161

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

I wish we were a tenth as bad rear end as this guy thinks we are. :(

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Zeroisanumber posted:

I wish we were a tenth as bad rear end as this guy thinks we are. :(

speak for yourself; my Soros-funded ninja training has made me nigh invincible, and my cybernetic augmentations are scheduled for installation just after the new year. to any nazi chuds reading this, I am basically the Predator, and so is every single other leftist

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

SatansOnion posted:

speak for yourself; my Soros-funded ninja training has made me nigh invincible, and my cybernetic augmentations are scheduled for installation just after the new year. to any nazi chuds reading this, I am basically the Predator, and so is every single other leftist

I can make a decent linguine and clam dish.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

cursed image

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/TheSafestSpace/status/868260185017647105

:smug:

https://twitter.com/TookEnglandBack/status/944221176133488641

BornAPoorBlkChild has issued a correction as of 05:50 on Dec 24, 2017

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Data Graham posted:

Definitely did with the Black Panthers.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

what do Hodl and FUDs mean

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Shear Modulus posted:

Hodl: holding

FUD: Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Shear Modulus posted:

To become a successful bitlord you must ignore the Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt so that you will know when to HODL them and know when to FODL them.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Shear Modulus posted:

hodl is bitcoiner talk for hold and fud is fear, uncertainty, and doubt. all of this is idiot talk for a cult.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Shear Modulus posted:

The former is a misspelling of "hold" which has become canon among buttcoiners because they're idiots, the latter is acronym for "Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt," which buttcoiners use to describe literally anything that might not be good for bitcoin for the same reason.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

all of this is idiot talk for a cult.

also how many people on 4chan do you think are currently hodling a bag

Waffle House has issued a correction as of 06:14 on Dec 24, 2017

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I like how buttcoiners use accusations of "ponzi scheme" as a self-evidently ludicrous criticism, but even thinking about it just a little bit makes it obvious that cryptocurrencies are the perfect ponzi scheme.

They're exchanged like commodities even though they have no real physical utility, so they're not a real commodity. Because they're exchanged like commodities their prices are also too volatile to be realistically used as a currency. So the only way for cryptocurrencies to increase in value, is to get new people to buy in to the scheme until the prices become ludicrously inflated.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

hodl is bitcoiner talk for hold and fud is fear, uncertainty, and doubt. all of this is idiot talk for a cult.

It's not a cult, they just have insular memes that are esoteric to all outsiders which get ritualistically repeated over and over again. :smug:

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
FUD comes from the tech industry and refers to spreading bullshit about a competing technology for your own gain.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Shear Modulus posted:

what do Hodl mean

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Buy this man an account, we need more crazy now that MacDowell finally caught that perma.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

good

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I like how buttcoiners use accusations of "ponzi scheme" as a self-evidently ludicrous criticism, but even thinking about it just a little bit makes it obvious that cryptocurrencies are the perfect ponzi scheme.

the bitcoin talk forums has, or had i havent checked, an entire forum to "honest ponzis"

i would be extremely happy with consistent 10% gains every six months.

i was loving around in the cernovitch AMA and when i noticed his defenders (there werent really a lot but some) happened to be altcoiners who likely listen to his crypto podcast i started dropping that i work in finance. they really dont like it when you ask what kind of dividends bitcoin pays or if their investments are covered by the SIPC (securities investor protection corporation, basically FDIC for investments)

also coincidentally i was doing a report for a client we were trying to get to sell some unmanaged stock by comparing cumulative performance of our portfolio against the stock. i had to learn to do some stuff on one of our bloomberg terminals. that stock was Proctor & Gamble. it was worth 73 at the beginning of 2008 and now its 85 or something. but if you owned $10k worth in 2008 and reinvested all dividends back into PG youd have something like a 66% return overall.

which is bullshit and why im taking out a loan against my 401k to buy bitcoin

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
oh yeah also what was macdowells deal? i mostly post in this thread and the trump thread so i never saw himm

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cumshitter posted:

the bitcoin talk forums has, or had i havent checked, an entire forum to "honest ponzis"

It's basically just one group of speculators ripping off another much bigger group of speculators, but unlike other exchange markets there's no real economic activity going on to inform the price changes.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It's basically just one group of speculators ripping off another much bigger group of speculators, but unlike other exchange markets there's no real economic activity going on to inform the price changes.

i havent followed the yospos bitcoin thread in forever but one of my favorite stories was when the bitcoin people defeated the bearwhale

basically some large holder was sellilng off a ton of coins and tanking the price. the entire community raillied together to throw money at the problem. in the process they helped inflate the price so the bearwhale could cash out at a higher price point and pissed away more money

they celebrated this with pictures and songs and memes and poo poo

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
https://twitter.com/classiclib3ral/status/944799435745308672

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cumshitter posted:

i havent followed the yospos bitcoin thread in forever but one of my favorite stories was when the bitcoin people defeated the bearwhale

basically some large holder was sellilng off a ton of coins and tanking the price. the entire community raillied together to throw money at the problem. in the process they helped inflate the price so the bearwhale could cash out at a higher price point and pissed away more money

they celebrated this with pictures and songs and memes and poo poo

quote:

This work commemorates the day of October 6, 2014. An unnamed investor, the so-called bitcoin BearWhale, dumped approximately 30,000 bitcoins on the market. Over the course of six hours, the price stalled at $300 until all of the coins were sold off and the evil BearWhale was slayed.

This is literally getfiscal's joke about useless fiat currencies.

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 07:52 on Dec 24, 2017

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
luv2 engage in naval warfare while wearing heavy bronze armro

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Im angry that an otherwise cool piece of art has been used to support Bitcoin.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF3g4Ua5e7k

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://www.cnbc.com/2014/10/09/bitcoins-bearwhale-and-the-future-of-a-cryptocurrency.html

This cnbc article about the bearwhale has a bunch of quotes from bitcoin enthusiasts about how amateurish the bearwhale seller was for trying to dump that many coins all at once, and doesn't at all address the fact that they basically pooled their resources together so he could sell them all at the market price he wanted to, and then some. The guy made off with millions of their dollars because they had to maintain confidence in the cult.

lmao

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

https://www.cnbc.com/2014/10/09/bitcoins-bearwhale-and-the-future-of-a-cryptocurrency.html

This cnbc article about the bearwhale has a bunch of quotes from bitcoin enthusiasts about how amateurish the bearwhale seller was for trying to dump that many coins all at once, and doesn't at all address the fact that they basically pooled their resources together so he could sell them all at the market price he wanted to, and then some. The guy made off with millions of their dollars because they had to maintain confidence in the cult.

lmao

tim draper is in that article. hes the 5 or 6 california guy or whatever. basically just a pissed off california republican who is angry that cali dumps a huge load of EC votes to the dem candidate every cycle. he bought one of the FBI auctioned bitcoin lots i think and is most famous for having a custom made tie showing how he would divide california

also lol at the accurate futurama reference

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

At this point I don't care if a lot of people get hurt in a Buttcoin crash. I just want this particular scam to die for a while because I'm sick of hearing about. No illusions about people learning their lesson this time, that never happens.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

its cool they treat this like a fanboy project instead of an ~investment opportunity~

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

rudatron posted:

the sort of insincere bullshit feminism where 'manspreading' is a pressing and real issue but homeless gay kids don't matter/are ignored

I'm pretty sure approximately nobody thinks manspreading is a "pressing and real issue". It's just a funny observation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

he looks like such a kind furry animal. sad to see him turn out like this.