Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

1gnoirents posted:

Thats daily. Weekly is still the same. All those numbers are the same I believe

That page says that weekly payouts are on hold. So the only option to an external wallet right now is a minimum of 0.1 BTC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
Oh yeah I see now. Lame, but I agree with it, I wouldn't exactly want yesterdays payout if I had mined that much already.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

cstine posted:

Also, anyone running back to Nicehash should read their payment schedule veeeery carefully: they're only paying out to external wallets at 0.1 BTC right now: https://www.nicehash.com/help/when-and-how-do-you-get-paid

In true bitcoin fashion, this is of course buried at the bottom and was 100% not mentioned at all anywhere in their re-launch messaging, because lol at setting the minimum payout to like $1500 (or $1200 or $1600 or...)

That’s per day; it’s still 0.01BTC for weekly payouts.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

tehinternet posted:

The only change is in the past 24 hours they’ve disabled these. The good news is they seem to realize that they need alternatives and say they’re working toward it.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Craptacular! posted:

The only change is in the past 24 hours they’ve disabled these. The good news is they seem to realize that they need alternatives and say they’re working toward it.
I'm sure they will continue to "work on it" for the coming weeks. If you were them and planning to scam, what would you do differently from what they're doing?

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Gobbeldygook posted:

I'm sure they will continue to "work on it" for the coming weeks. If you were them and planning to scam, what would you do differently from what they're doing?

The neat thing about being a person with one card you use to play games and maybe do this while you sleep, is that if you get scammed you don't really care because it was never very much money.

I'll just trust them because I can afford to. I have very little skin in the game.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

It would be worth it for the story

Senso
Nov 4, 2005

Always working
Prohashing does 0.07BTC daily payouts, without any fees (lower than that if you are willing to pay fees). They eat the fees by bundling dozens and dozens of TXs together. Any exchange or pool that has such high fees are using them as an added profit for themselves (because really, they should let you decide what you're willing to pay).

tehinternet posted:

** Currently on hold due to extremely high Bitcoin transaction fees.

Tough luck

Senso fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Dec 24, 2017

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

Yeah I saw that weekly payments were on hold and jumped back on winminer. Much happier with 2-3$/day on winminer that I can cash out when I'm up over 10$ than 3-4$ on nicehash that I'll probably never see.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Are any of you mining to a nicehash wallet, and then buying hashing power for some other altcoin? The minimum there is 0.005BTC

Nicehash seems like badnewsbears right now

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

TrueChaos posted:

Yeah I saw that weekly payments were on hold and jumped back on winminer. Much happier with 2-3$/day on winminer that I can cash out when I'm up over 10$ than 3-4$ on nicehash that I'll probably never see.

WinMiner is pretty nice too for casual miners since it also supports only mining when the computer is idle so you're only using your free cycles to mine and not having to manually turn it on and off.

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

Nitrousoxide posted:

WinMiner is pretty nice too for casual miners since it also supports only mining when the computer is idle so you're only using your free cycles to mine and not having to manually turn it on and off.

Winminer is weird, even with it running full tilt I can browse, watch Netflix, watch videos, etc without any trouble. With nicehash I need to turn it off to do anything. Probably why nicehash gets a bit more money, but the only time I turn off winminer is when I'm gaming.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
It's probably a different intensity setting (more or less the number of threads launched). You can squeeze a little extra performance out with a high intensity setting, but it does really affect usability on the system. Particularly for anything using GPU acceleration - you'll want to disable GPU acceleration for your browser and your media player.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
I wrote a blog post on the return of this completely trustworthy and not at all dodgy service run by a convicted botnet operator that got "hacked" and lost everyone's money only the once, so you should definitely come back to it.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Nitrousoxide posted:

It does say they are working on implementing cashing out in other coins to be fair.

Craptacular! posted:

The good news is they seem to realize that they need alternatives and say they’re working toward it.

good news guys, the service run by a convict that stole 60 million dollars and just switched off daily payments is "aware of the issues" and is "working on it"

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Gotta love true believers. :allears:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

divabot posted:

I wrote a blog post on the return of this completely trustworthy and not at all dodgy service run by a convicted botnet operator that got "hacked" and lost everyone's money only the once, so you should definitely come back to it.

Did you specify that they were the Nicest hashing service around?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Remember the thread title.

Just flip your old cards on eBay.

(craigslist is better because you can't get PayPal refund scammed)

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

divabot posted:

You forgot to mention that they're offering higher rates than the competition which is not at all suggestive of a plan to scam.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Kazinsal posted:

Remember the thread title.

Just flip your old cards on eBay.

And you can scam others without getting PayPal refunded

future ghost
Dec 5, 2005

:byetankie:
Gun Saliva

Kazinsal posted:

I wonder how the guy that bought my 390 is doing. Just realized I'm finally outside of the PP refund window.

I traded my old 280X to somebody else a long while back when he was mining ethereum well after the first bitcoin crash. He's gotta be doing alright now though given the current ETH prices.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/Fliesineyes/status/945343957222985728

Don't spend money on bitcoin

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
If he bought a few months ago he should have quadrupled his 50k investment. Enough to break even at current prices even after his 150k buy if not get out with some profit.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Bitcoin is a gamble. To clarify, don't spend money on bitcoin...that you are not prepared to lose.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Don Lapre posted:

If he bought a few months ago he should have quadrupled his 50k investment. Enough to break even at current prices even after his 150k buy if not get out with some profit.

If he bought and sat on them, sure. But not if he was way over-leveraged when the bubble went through a big price correction

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

At least you aren't paying a 2% credit card fee!

QuarkJets posted:

If he bought and sat on them, sure. But not if he was way over-leveraged when the bubble went through a big price correction

Maybe if he was doing poo poo he didn't tell is about it would be hard for him not to be in profit. Story is probably fake.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Don Lapre posted:

At least you aren't paying a 2% credit card fee!

Maybe if he was doing poo poo he didn't tell is about it would be hard for him not to be in profit. Story is probably fake.

It’s already going down! It was 40 dollars a few days ago, Bitcoins wins again!!!

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Don Lapre posted:

You think it's weird to assume that the degenerate gambler was using leverage, an extremely commonplace occurrence among degenerate gamblers, especially in the bitcoin space?

Some exchanges offer up to 100X leverage, and people actually use that feature.

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Dec 26, 2017

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

This is a great Christmas present, honestly gently caress this guy, I hope it's real. His wife leaves him because he's stupid and reckless (which he actually is) and all he can do is blame Bitcoin, instead of blaming himself for being a liar and stealing money from his wife. He says Bitcoin led him down the path but it could have been penny stocks or any other speculation, it's 100% his own greed and lovely judgment. He risked and lost $200k in equity in their family house so he could... surprise them with a new car? Honestly, if his plan had worked I'd have still divorced him just over the deceit.

Senso
Nov 4, 2005

Always working
Even if he had wanted to exit at the peak, I'm sure he would have had noooo problems at all cashing out 200K or whatever and get it back to his bank account.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

good news guys, the service run by a convict that stole 60 million dollars and just switched off daily payments is "aware of the issues" and is "working on it"

Peachfart posted:

Gotta love true believers. :allears:

I didn't know/care who runs these services because I'd never stake my livelihood on them.

Senso
Nov 4, 2005

Always working

Craptacular! posted:

I didn't know/care who runs these services because I'd never stake my livelihood on them.

The thousands of people thinking like you are why Nicehash will be able to exit with a shitload of coins when they do.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Senso posted:

The thousands of people thinking like you are why Nicehash will be able to exit with a shitload of coins when they do.

Well I dont think thats the reason why lol, I think the reasons for stealing tens of millions of dollars is morally resting on their shoulders.

But $20 (a day) is $20, as they say

cstine
Apr 15, 2004

What's in the box?!?

1gnoirents posted:

Well I dont think thats the reason why lol, I think the reasons for stealing tens of millions of dollars is morally resting on their shoulders.

But $20 (a day) is $20, as they say

Especially since they just upped the limit to their internal wallet payouts to 0.0105 (from 0.0015). They're totally not planning on paying anyone poo poo and are just double-dipping on their exit scam.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

cstine posted:

Especially since they just upped the limit to their internal wallet payouts to 0.0105 (from 0.0015). They're totally not planning on paying anyone poo poo and are just double-dipping on their exit scam.

I didn't see internal wallet changes yet, but I think you'd have to be pretty drat crazy to use a Nicehash wallet right now anyway. For the stopped small payments thing, whether or not its nefarious they have a perfectly valid excuse for the time being. However the unconfirmed transactions are dropping and BTC is on its way back up so hopefully that clears itself up.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
I hope they finish their exit scam so I can get back to lower difficulty mining.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Im clicking around the recent payments and every address I check I get more amazed

https://www.nicehash.com/miner/1MwaZNKQtqUtnqK4DLiNUNjmV8dPUKf8HP

Thats just everyday life there lol

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Jesus, that's like, an entire farm of ASICs.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Kazinsal posted:

Jesus, that's like, an entire farm of ASICs.

You'd think with that kind of money you could pay someone to write an algo switcher so you could keep the cut Nicehash takes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

That's almost entirely SHA-256 so it looks like direct BTC mining. What the gently caress :stonk:

• Locked thread