Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Wow just realized you can run around in first person mode . Awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

She's blue but then her feet are made out of magma like somebodys Deviantart Sonic OC

Oh I have a different sexy dog lady. Sorry. Mine has a fox snout and two snakes coiled around her neck area

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

Oh I have a different sexy dog lady. Sorry. Mine has a fox snout and two snakes coiled around her neck area

Ah lol mine has a flat dog face and snakes coming out of her shoulder blades . Easy misunderstanding

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

goferchan posted:

Ah lol mine has a flat dog face and snakes coming out of her shoulder blades . Easy misunderstanding

I have that lady, she's the only rare blade I have besides this dumb bird. she's good at Fish and yea I don't know why she has multicolored dog snake heads and lava feet. It's confusing. She can talk to dogs but isn't good enough at it yet to actually do so.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
in chapter 3 you can get amythist chips off enemies and it gives some weapons a 50 luck bonus which helps with hatching rare eggs, goon luck

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

in chapter 3 you can get amythist chips off enemies and it gives some weapons a 50 luck bonus which helps with hatching rare eggs, goon luck

Yow what enemies ?

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

goferchan posted:

Yow what enemies ?

idk its a rare drop but i got like 3 or 4. theres more chips later with similar effects later, make sure you scope out what they do with each type of weapon. I THINK they might drop on the rhinos in uraya but i'm not sure really.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i beat the game and hell, i liked it

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

mysterious loyall X posted:

idk its a rare drop but i got like 3 or 4. theres more chips later with similar effects later, make sure you scope out what they do with each type of weapon. I THINK they might drop on the rhinos in uraya but i'm not sure really.

pentagon chips drop off lvl40 mosquito guys in uraya and they're killer

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

i beat the game and hell, i liked it

Nice, I'm gonna try to finish it over Christmas time. Is there cool post game stuff to do.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

nah if you continue it just kicks you back to right before the point of no return and theres no new game plus either

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

absolutely anything posted:

nah if you continue it just kicks you back to right before the point of no return and theres no new game plus either

that kind of sucks

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NG+ is coming in a patch I think but otherwise that is kinda lame.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It would be a good game for really gimmicky super bosses because of the million systems you would need to tune to beat particular designs.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

yeah i hope they patch ng+ in, xeno 1 had it and id like it for when i replay them both 800 years from now

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
Apparently there are some superbosses that are more of a post game thing. Some of which will basically wipe your party unless you do the right seal before they hit a certain hp threshold.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmfao at (chapter 7 boss spoilers) nia explodes Malos's balls with saline injection methods

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
im not looking forward to the ride being over

i am just going to keep filling out these affinity charts and getting core crystals and exploring and never leave chapter 6 till there is nothing left to do

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

In Training posted:

Lmfao at (chapter 7 boss spoilers) nia explodes Malos's balls with saline injection methods

Yeah Nia xxx really owns

Also there are a number of lvl 100+ enemies in the world for postgame if you feel like it

Foxhound fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Dec 24, 2017

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Which fuck8nf idiot designed getting to the old factory

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
just go down the stairs

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the easy mode version of Tiger Tiger actually makes it kinda fun to try and do perfect runs

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Yeah it's way better without wall contact damage but still not trivial to get a perfect. How do I unlock more stages? I got Stage 2 somehow but no more have shown up

edit: also are the Technical Manuals (specifically the ones that let you change Poppi's element) things you get in the main game or things you get from playing Tiger Tiger ? I have way too many Earth blades right now

goferchan fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Dec 25, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The stages just unlock as the story progresses, technical manuals are hidden throughout the world

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just spent 25 minutes planning the perfect poppi builds so now I'm going to spend he next 5 hours grinding ether to make it work

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

In Training posted:

I just spent 25 minutes planning the perfect poppi builds so now I'm going to spend he next 5 hours grinding ether to make it work

Make sure to sell Poppi stuff you don’t use for extra ether.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't think perfect runs are even possible if you get a map with the crabs that drop down or up from the ceiling or floor

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I've only seen them when they're guarding the Secret Room which makes up for it . but i'm only on level 2

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In 3 and beyond there are horizontal ones just scattered around. I don't think a pacifist perfect medal is possible beyond stage 2, but I'm proud of my accomplishment

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well it's probably possible. It's just outside of my patience for Tiger Tiger

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

Make sure to sell Poppi stuff you don’t use for extra ether.

where do you do this

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
I like relating the characters and locations to xenogears

indoline is Solaris
tantal is shevat
praetor is Cain

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

hubris.height posted:

where do you do this

On the crafting screen, if you hit Y it swaps to a selling screen

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

hubris.height posted:

I like relating the characters and locations to xenogears

indoline is Solaris
tantal is shevat
praetor is Cain
The red hair sewer boss should be a Blade.

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
So sixty some hours into this game I figured out that if you hold R and press x or b you cycle through the enemies you're in combat with. Much easier than trying to look at them and tap R.

I do enjoy this game but drat if the mechanics aren't poorly explained.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

FactsAreUseless posted:

The red hair sewer boss should be a Blade.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

shove me like you do posted:

So sixty some hours into this game I figured out that if you hold R and press x or b you cycle through the enemies you're in combat with. Much easier than trying to look at them and tap R.

I do enjoy this game but drat if the mechanics aren't poorly explained.

thats one of the first things they tell you about combat

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Stupid question but is there an actual connection between the xenoblade and xenogears/saga series like same design team or whatever.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

P-Mack posted:

Stupid question but is there an actual connection between the xenoblade and xenogears/saga series like same design team or whatever.

Yah it's all monolitsoft, who got bought by Nintendo at some point so denoted this with the name change to Blade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Awesome, I loved Xenogears.

• Locked thread