Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Holy poo poo there's so many if those and they make so little sense :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Fathis Munk posted:

And she's got 1650 followers lol

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I mean if I was active on Twitter I'd follow her in a heart beat.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Fathis Munk posted:

When they say Ron Jeremy has a big dick they weren't teaching about dick size, they're teaching you how to defend dicks.

I like this one
https://twitter.com/shelly4u4now/status/944824662718144512

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
What in the gently caress is her point its really strange, I can derive some meanings from these words but feel like the point eludes me. Maybe that is her point actually

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Fathis Munk posted:

What in the gently caress is her point its really strange, I can derive some meanings from these words but feel like the point eludes me. Maybe that is her point actually

It may be related to the same type of crazy that makes people go Sov-cit - "Language doesn't mean anything, it's just a social contruct that applies meaning to meaningless face noises. We just ascribed ways of expelling air from our faces with deeper meaning in order to control the populous. I can't hold a word in my hands, therefore it isn't a real thing." It's like when people think that paper money isn't real just because it has the phrase "The bearer of this note is entitled to the sum of £10" and thinking it's just an IOU from the government, and that that makes Gold more valuable as a base for currency.

I've made that previous point myself about the phrases on the money, but when I do it it's a loving joke. Basically the only way that comics mother will listen is if her daughter got all her cigarettes in a pile and set them on fire right in front of her because that is a Deed and therefore actually meaningful.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

wyoming posted:

When they say Ron Jeremy has a big dick they weren't teaching about dick size, they're teaching you how to defend dicks.

No those are just sounds, not actual dicks

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Absurd Alhazred posted:

https://twitter.com/justcuriouskt/status/944428800355569664

A screencap with context in case it gets deleted:

Edit:

Wow, there's a lot going on here, there's a back and forth with THE David Simon:

https://twitter.com/AoDespair/status/944633485934891008

I don’t understand any of this.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I mean there is that idea that language is essentially software, and that the “programming” that comes with a language introduces biases in the way we perceive or think about the world. It was one of the ideas behind Arrival, Babel-17, etc. I think in a way that’s what she is going on about. She’s taking it way into crazy territory though.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
eric garland is very not mad

https://twitter.com/ericgarland/status/944786088467582977

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

I'd love to hear the conversation with the lawyer.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Fathis Munk posted:

It sounds like her posts were all after a session of getting real high and staring at Magritte.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I think I've heard conflicting stories that Shelly is either a joke or has brain problems like Tila Tequila and I'm not sure what's true now.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

hanales posted:

I don’t understand any of this.

A racist, sexist, homophobic Baltimore police officer, Lieut. Kevin DeVita, has a real problem with women, journalists, immigrants, black people, and pretty much the whole world yet tweets under the fake name Kevin Ma. He's very committed to the ruse as well threatening to sue people for libel and slander for publicly outing him on Twitter.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dinosaur Comics got weird

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

RareAcumen posted:

I think I've heard conflicting stories that Shelly is either a joke or has brain problems like Tila Tequila and I'm not sure what's true now.

Shelly vs Shanley for the ultimate battle of twitter brokebrains.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
So uh does she want to abolish language or what?

EDIT: Apparently she also really hates Stephen Hawking.

https://twitter.com/shelly4u4now/status/944866226026754048

Post Your Favorite (or Request): Coldly Compiled Lists › Idiots on Social Media: Stephen Hawking is no genuis.

felch me daddy jr. has a new favorite as of 16:38 on Dec 24, 2017

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Stop making those sounds!

And then what? Do we spontaneously gain the ability to communicate in non-verbal telepathic communion? Or do we just sit around being unable to communicate to each other while civilisation falls down around our ears?

This is some Timecube level of mental distress.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Wow, her entire feed is literally nothing but those macros.

fake e: 22k tweets. Going through there's a ton of repetition throughout the macros so most likely just a bot generating these based off some pre-created paragraphs and throwing them up.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
Those Shelly comics make me deeply uncomfortable and somehow I can't articulate why. Maybe that's the point?! AM I SHELLY??!

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

At first I thought she was making some misaimed point about political correctness, but having delved further into the madness, I think her point is literally that language is something like the fall of man, and everything would be utopian if we didn't have it. :psyduck:

https://twitter.com/shelly4u4now/status/944890885254377472

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

words that kill

whoahhh--ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

OH BOY

e: are you serious

snoo has a new favorite as of 17:39 on Dec 24, 2017

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Picnic Princess posted:

Hey now, I'm getting tested for it soon. I figured it is the likely cause of me being practically dead now because I spent days upon days upon days in the wilderness all over the world. Would be far less likely if I just spent all my time on some MMO in my basement for the last 10 years.

Please don't doxx me I thought we understood each other.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Garrand posted:

Wow, her entire feed is literally nothing but those macros.

fake e: 22k tweets. Going through there's a ton of repetition throughout the macros so most likely just a bot generating these based off some pre-created paragraphs and throwing them up.

Yeah it has to be a bot. Right? :ohdear:

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Grey Fox posted:

words that kill

Her name is a killing word.

Shelllllllll-y!

Laurenz
Dec 21, 2015

They call him little janny hotpockets. He was terrific, he was the best, and he did it for free too.
I refuse to believe it's anything but a bot

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Grey Fox posted:

words that kill

No, no, it's Fus Ro Dah

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Fathis Munk posted:

Yeah it has to be a bot. Right? :ohdear:

She reposts the same comics a lot, but they're mostly in reply to other tweets and things. She seems to have a hateboner for Trudeau and CBC News.

There seems to be four main things she keeps repeating:

1) money isn't real
2) animals and people aren't different things
3) cancer and disease doesn't exist
4) people wear clothes but words can't so how can People exist? (I'm a bit shaky on this one)

I think she might be a regulation crunchie run through a heavy filter of mental illness. My brain hurts trying to parse all this though.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Puppy Time posted:

At first I thought she was making some misaimed point about political correctness, but having delved further into the madness, I think her point is literally that language is something like the fall of man, and everything would be utopian if we didn't have it. :psyduck:

https://twitter.com/shelly4u4now/status/944890885254377472

Love her using words to express how much words suck. It's a base irony, but I love it.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

darkwasthenight posted:

4) people wear clothes but words can't so how can People exist? (I'm a bit shaky on this one) .

Now that's a conundrum.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Fathis Munk posted:

Now that's a conundrum.

I'm just trying to keep up here.

https://mobile.twitter.com/shelly4u4now/status/931147123722194944

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Grey Fox posted:

words that kill

wolbachia

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

TheKennedys posted:

I was gonna bring this up too because I loved Ray Stevens as a kid and watched him lose his mind post-9/11, but Ahab the Arab was pretty bad all along. That one seems like it's not trying to be malicious though, more..."hey, it's the 70s and this is completely acceptable at this current point in history and race relations, ha ha arabs are different and talk funny" - aka a product of its time, however incredibly racist "its time" happened to be. Most of his older stuff didn't really take that tack. Ahab came out in 1972 though, and despite the goon tradition of picking apart everything in the context of 2017 I'm personally willing to give it a pass and just never listen to it again and shove it into the grand bank of things from the 70s that were terrible by virtue of being a product of the 70s. Shriner's Convention and Mississippi Squirrel Revival are still good :shobon:

Osama Yo Mama and the post-9/11 stuff is just godawful though, and I've lost almost all respect I used to have for him :(

e: Dennis Miller makes me equally sad because The Rants was a great album and he used to be pretty drat progressive and had some really good takes for the mid 90s and then...*extended fart noise*

The Streak actually topped its year for most weeks at #1 on Billboard, let that sink in for a moment.

Also I had almost completely forgotten about Stevens until an ad for a godawful redneck direct-to-video movie appeared on TV, it was incredibly cringeworthy.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

The Snoo posted:

e: are you serious

the only thing wrong with this ad is that a legit sealed Cata CE would be worth way more than $40

it's me, I'm the one that has a ton of old Blizz swag I should probably sell off on ebay

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Today Twitter banned notorious white supremacist and ultra conservative Mormon blogger Ayla "A Wife with a Purpose" Stewart, whose tweets showed up in this thread on more than one occasion.

https://twitter.com/sltrib/status/944702886927355904

Merry Christmas everyone!

Mak0rz has a new favorite as of 20:21 on Dec 24, 2017

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Mak0rz posted:

Today Twitter banned notorious white supremacist and ultra conservative Mormon blogger Ayla "A Wife with a Purpose" Stewart, whose tweets showed up in this thread on more than one occasion.

https://twitter.com/sltrib/status/944702886927355904

Merry Christmas everyone!

Why are the Mormons so into this nazi stuff? After the nazis are done with the racial and ideological minorities. The religious ones are next.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Katt posted:

Why are the Mormons so into this nazi stuff? After the nazis are done with the racial and ideological minorities. The religious ones are next.

Mormon scripture literally says that black skin is a curse from God.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Katt posted:

Mormons are super into geneology and racial purity has been explicitly and secretly a huge part of the religion since always.

Ask a Mormon and they can show you the person who baptized them and who baptized them...back to the founder. It's their thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Bombadilillo posted:

Mormons are super into geneology and racial purity has been explicitly and secretly a huge part of the religion since always.

Ask a Mormon and they can show you the person who baptized them and who baptized them...back to the founder. It's their thing.

They also like to Mormon baptize the dead to give the dead the chance to become Mormons and go to heaven instead of staying in hell. There was a big outcry when in the 90s when the Mormons were doing this to victims of the Holocaust.