Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

my favorite so far

https://twitter.com/dankmemes/status/944354155367460865

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Intruder posted:

I'm making rum balls :getin:

Rum balls are great. Don't think I've eve had homemade but my dad sometimes buys them around this time of year. My favorite Christmas cookies are these peanut butter ones my aunt makes with a Hershey's Kiss in the middle though. Those are the best. :3:

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/944222267113984001

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

I want these things to crash in the worst way.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Tulips have not lost value, one tulip is still one tulip. This is just a temporary adjustment in the exchange rate with an obsolete fiat currency. Calm down.

(I think I posted that earlier from someone else's twitter, but it's 7am and I'm at an airport and too lazy to look it up. Thank god OAK doesn't follow Oakland's prohibition on selling booze before 9 am)

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

omg

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I want these things to crash in the worst way.

Don't recognize that poster?

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
https://mobile.twitter.com/juliareinstein/status/943138211899035652

:lol:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
If I can suggest one mor board game, Isle of Sky

Seriously, it is so loving good

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I was at the mall and went into a board game store, there's a Dark Souls board game that looks fun. Sidenote, it's $120.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Dracula's Feast is another good one for large groups. Players are given a card stating what character they are and have to determine the identity of everyone else. Characters have rules stating they have to answer in certain ways or have alternate win conditions.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

holy poo poo

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So to those of you who are married, especially if you have kids, what would your reaction be if upon waking up on Christmas morning and going down the stairs to enjoy opening gifts with the family you find out that the wife bought you a new Mercedes/Audi complete with giant bow and $350 a month lease payment?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So to those of you who are married, especially if you have kids, what would your reaction be if upon waking up on Christmas morning and going down the stairs to enjoy opening gifts with the family you find out that the wife bought you a new Mercedes/Audi complete with giant bow and $350 a month lease payment?

Divorce

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
I see those commercials and wonder how loving rich you would have to be for that to be acceptable

50 mil in the bank?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Granted I'm going to do that anyway :colbert:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I think 20 Mil is the number that you can expect to live off the interest at like 700k a year. I'd be okay with it then.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

What kind of garbage return are you getting if $20 million only nets you $700K a year

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The Glumslinger posted:

I see those commercials and wonder how loving rich you would have to be for that to be acceptable

50 mil in the bank?

Someone with 50 million in the bank isn't touching a mid-tier Mercedes. So I really don't know who the audience for those commercials is. HENRYs I guess.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I'll take the route that will make TFF mad. I'd probably be thinking about returning it bc that low of a payment would mean is was a C class Mercedes or a 4 series Audi

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'd probably just buy some normal car even if I were super rich. Maybe a Tesla if I wanted to be fancy? :shrug:

My money would go to building a ranch home and season tickets for the Astros, Rockets and Texans

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Intruder posted:

What kind of garbage return are you getting if $20 million only nets you $700K a year

3.5% is the typical safe rate of withdrawal to keep your nest egg.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

"oh no! I got sucked into the TV again!"

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

No Butt Stuff posted:

3.5% is the typical safe rate of withdrawal to keep your nest egg.

I'd fire anyone who only got me 3.5% a year

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

"So we won the Powerball on Saturday????"

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Hiring a shrink.

Aside from the obvious money issue, a car seems like a terrible thing to buy someone unless you know exactly what it is they want re:options and such. You wanted all-wheel drive? Whoops, back to the dealer!

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Buying a new car is also a bad idea.

Finance also seems like a bad idea unless you really need a car.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I'd be really happy with a paid off used 2014 Civic with good options and under 50,000 miles. I'd love to wake up to that in my drive way.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I'd be at least a little pissed. Unless you have completely separate finances, that needs to be a joint decision no matter how much money you have in the bank. If you have separate finances, I question how long that relationship's going to last.

Also, I'm cheap and would rather pay cash for an older model than lease/pay interest on something that depreciated by half the moment you removed that stupid-rear end bow.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

CyberPingu posted:

Buying a new car is also a bad idea.

Finance also seems like a bad idea unless you really need a car.

Yeah, I almost always buy a low mileage year-old vehicle unless there's a 0% finance special

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I finally paid off my 2009 Mercury Milan, though of course the next day I find out there is a recall for the passenger air bags that won't get fixed till Spring 2018.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP

Intruder posted:

3.5% is the amount you can safely withdraw without eating into principal.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Yeah instead of a new car just put a check for the $9k that I still owe on my '11 Escape in the driveway.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
4 months away from having my car paid off :dance:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Intruder posted:

you withdraw 3.5% but get 7% returns and that keeps up with inflation. And 7% is decent for fifty mil.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Leasing rules

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I'll take the route that will make TFF mad. I'd probably be thinking about returning it bc that low of a payment would mean is was a C class Mercedes or a 4 series Audi

Same, actually. If the payment is that low it’s either a stripper spec or you put down a big cap cost reduction which is a terrible idea when leasing. Or both, probably.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Blitz7x posted:

Leasing rules

Leasing is dumb as hell. You pay 66% of a new car note but you also don't get to keep the car with no note after however many years

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Yeah but after the lease is up you roll it into the next lease and just drive new cars forever without ever doing maintenance or worrying about it breaking down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

As long as you don't mind having a permanent car payment or being restricted on mileage

I haven't had a car payment in 7 years it's pretty sweet

• Locked thread