Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Jeff Gordon posted:

All of a sudden, something happened. Ray had a conversation with someone. "Listen, boy. Y'all are stinkin' up the show. That's not good for NASCAR. You need to be thinking about that."

Jeff Gordon posted:

"Alright, you've got a four second lead." It would never get more than four seconds.

You'd back it down?

Absolutely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh4jO8r0BQk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

mearn posted:

Yeah, Austin has a four year old, Stonewall Petty, who will be the nephew of Robert E Petty or whatever Kyle and his wife name their baby.

Makes me wonder about Jeb Burton, the more I learn about the Civil War.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Stonewall :doh:

Outlaw Mailman
Jul 1, 2007
Two kinds of crazy
Nice of them to name the kid after the last thing Adam saw.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Outlaw Mailman posted:

:drat:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Outlaw Mailman posted:

:stonklol:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Outlaw Mailman posted:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Outlaw Mailman posted:

a christmas miracle

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Outlaw Mailman posted:

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005

This perfectly summed up my reaction

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

NASCAR's updated the rest of the series logos to match the rectangular-shape of the Cup series logo. Here are the regional series logos:

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar/news/nascar-updates-logos-hometracks-series-991370/

The NXS logo will make a nice souvenir license plate.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I regret to inform you that I'm the final SASCAR Yahoo Fantasy Champion:

quote:

We will not be offering Fantasy Auto Racing in 2018. We thank you very much for playing our game over the years and hope you will continue to play our other fantasy games.

https://racing.fantasysports.yahoo.com/auto

Is there another decent Fantasy platform we can use?

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

loving Yahoo.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

CBJSprague24 posted:

The best Fantasy NASCAR is, ironically enough, NASCAR itself.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
lol Yahoo announced it was killing it's college football bowl pick 'em like days before bowl season started, they're useless.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

CBJSprague24 posted:

I guess I can stop bothering them to add fantasy nascar to their app. Their website is poo poo and fantasy nascar is the only thing I had to use it for so now I have no reason at all to use it so that is good.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The 16's Charter was sold to Penske by Roush for Ryan Blaney.

Let's hope the second-place stink doesn't go along with it.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0739934110096560660-4

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

One of them competed in a sport known for head injuries; the other is Aaron Rodgers.

https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay...trick-113103072

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Boomer The Cannon posted:

One of them competed in a sport known for head injuries; the other is Aaron Rodgers.

https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay...trick-113103072

Somewhere in Arizona, a chiropractor laughs that the one he was dumped and quickly replaced for is now on the bad end of the deal himself.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I dunno I think a chiropractor might make more money at this point

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

I dunno I think a chiropractor might make more money at this point

But will a chiropractor keep you in the media spotlight?

Clay Matthews better be careful if he wants to stay in those State Farm ads because it could be clumsy Danica running stuff into Aaron's truck now.

e- I fail at humor- I see Kidc's point and agree with him. Also, we still don't know who's sponsoring Danica's double, do we?

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jan 2, 2018

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

I have to wonder how famous/infamous people hook up with each other. They're all busy professionals doing their things all over the country, where do they find the time to meet each other, spend time with each other, decide the other is worth spending more time with?

~ You don't have to be lonely / At FamousOnly.com ~

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

WindyMan posted:

I have to wonder how famous/infamous people hook up with each other. They're all busy professionals doing their things all over the country, where do they find the time to meet each other, spend time with each other, decide the other is worth spending more time with?

Nothing somebody with eight or nine figures in the bank and a corporate jet probably on an expense account/a NetJets or Wheels Up membership can't fix.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

WindyMan posted:

No but really https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_League_(App)

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

WindyMan posted:

They are socially isolated by their absurd work schedules, so the only relationship candidates they ever see are at the work place or at conventions/award shows/promotions for #brands. Those are also the only people that understand what their life is like, both with the public scrutiny and hectic nature. Also, sexy successful people tend to want to gently caress sexy successful people. So it all kinda adds up nicely.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Cygni posted:

Also, sexy successful people tend to want to gently caress sexy successful people.

Danica is a people, but the other two things are up to some level of debate.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The Carolina Panthers: A Division of International Speedway Corporation?:

http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/2017/story/_/id/21953026

Brian may finally get his football team. I just can't wait to see how he fucks it up.

(At least he can't take this nice thing from the Carolinas to California).

e-

WindyMan posted:

Danica is a people, but the other two things are up to some level of debate.

I guess it rides on your definition of "successful". Danica's racing career was a joke, but she's turned herself into a household name with incredible marketing savvy and she's long seemed to have an insatiable desire to grow her brand.

I've always wondered which was more important to her.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jan 4, 2018

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Los Angeles could use an NFL team.

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/danica-patrick-finding-rides-daytona-161449729.html

Danica...take the hint...it's time to walk away.

I know that money talks and bullshit walks, but if she's having this difficult of a time finding a ride for Daytona I can't imagine it's going to pay anything special. I'm sympathetic to some degree, it wasn't all that long ago that she could command top dollar from top sponsors, so adjusting to the new reality must be really jarring and difficult. But the universe is trying to tell her to walk away. This is the sort of situation where you finally get some F-Class ride, only to get into an accident because you're in the way and you get hurt because of it. While she never really had any chance at winning, at this point her chances of winning are about as good as mine will be.

If the money isn't any good...
If the ride won't be competitive...
If it's not coming together and it's January...

Then why are you trying to make this happen?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

SpitztheGreat posted:

Have you considered that maybe she wants to?

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005
Her words and expressions at the end of the season were not of someone who was enjoying this anymore.

By all means, if she really has the fire then good for her- but how could she? There's no way running in the back for years doesn't take the fun away.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Tell that to Morgan Shepherd

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

SpitztheGreat posted:

Her words and expressions at the end of the season were not of someone who was enjoying this anymore.

By all means, if she really has the fire then good for her- but how could she? There's no way running in the back for years doesn't take the fun away.

No one would ever say this about anyone but Danica. She’s been a racing driver for like 30 years. You really think she just fully hates it now and is begrudgingly doing two more races as a cash grab? That’s idiotic, man.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

big nipples big life posted:

Tell that to Morgan Shepherd

Six laps, time to call it a day. Hey, donate some tires to the team!

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Did the forums explode? I can’t see that newest post.

E: ah, there it is

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

ilmucche posted:

Six laps, time to call it a day. Hey, donate some tires to the team Jesus!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

SpitztheGreat posted:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/danica-patrick-finding-rides-daytona-161449729.html

Danica...take the hint...it's time to walk away.

I know that money talks and bullshit walks, but if she's having this difficult of a time finding a ride for Daytona I can't imagine it's going to pay anything special. I'm sympathetic to some degree, it wasn't all that long ago that she could command top dollar from top sponsors, so adjusting to the new reality must be really jarring and difficult. But the universe is trying to tell her to walk away. This is the sort of situation where you finally get some F-Class ride, only to get into an accident because you're in the way and you get hurt because of it. While she never really had any chance at winning, at this point her chances of winning are about as good as mine will be.

If the money isn't any good...
If the ride won't be competitive...
If it's not coming together and it's January...

I figured it was a done deal when she said she was going to do it and they were just waiting to announce specifics, but apparently not.

wicka posted:

No one would ever say this about anyone but Danica. She’s been a racing driver for like 30 years. You really think she just fully hates it now and is begrudgingly doing two more races as a cash grab? That’s idiotic, man.

It's entirely possible she's doing it because she wants to, but:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eoO7D1qlcM&t=34s

That's not the "internal PR machine finds a cute way to craft an upbeat interview and shoulder tap the pit reporter" Danica. That's "I'm tired of this poo poo" Danica.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Every racing driver in the world has looked frustrated at some point. Have you seen Alonso at any point in the last three years? Are you saying he’s just in it for the money too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

wicka posted:

Every racing driver in the world has looked frustrated at some point. Have you seen Alonso at any point in the last three years? Are you saying he’s just in it for the money too?

No but Danica is a soulless machine who only cares about her brand don't you get it

• Locked thread