Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
JIM-MY

G

JIM-MY

G

https://twitter.com/Eric_Branch/status/943933253739716608

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Leperflesh posted:

My theory is that a ton of players who explode onto the scene looking great and then "regress" are not actually regressing: rather, opposing teams start to pay attention and watch tape and figure out how to counter whatever they're doing.

This is 100% true for quarterbacks, it's really hard to make adjustments for a guy you have like 2 quarters of tape on

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

Cassel had one good year in Kansas City and then Charlie Weis left as offensive coordinator and it all went to poo poo

I loved the shirts people were wearing at State College when PSU was playing Notre Dame in 2006 that said "Charlie Weis is fat." PSU fans really couldn't say more than that as they got blown out that day.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
When is the last time a kicker going on IR has made so much noise with a team potentially advancing to the playoffs? Zuerlein, who could have ended up being the leading scorer in the league this year, to Sam Ficken who has never kicked in an NFL game.

I watched Ficken's freshman year at PSU, and oh boy... Now he did regroup and got better in college, but if he couldn't hold an NFL roster spot in three years, what's that say? :ohdear:

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

I loved the shirts people were wearing at State College when PSU was playing Notre Dame in 2006 that said "Charlie Weis is fat." PSU fans really couldn't say more than that as they got blown out that day.

The 2006 game was in South Bend. The State College edition was 2007 and Penn State won.

This is an important correction.

tk fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Dec 22, 2017

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

tk posted:

The 2006 game was in South Bend. The State College edition was 2007 and Penn State won.

This is an important correction.

You are correct. Thanks. I don't know how I bungled that. :saddowns:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

When is the last time a kicker going on IR has made so much noise with a team potentially advancing to the playoffs? Zuerlein, who could have ended up being the leading scorer in the league this year, to Sam Ficken who has never kicked in an NFL game.

I watched Ficken's freshman year at PSU, and oh boy... Now he did regroup and got better in college, but if he couldn't hold an NFL roster spot in three years, what's that say? :ohdear:

That sucks, Legatron rules.

Hopefully this doesn't make McVay turtle up the offense and punt from the 35 because he doesn't trust the new guy.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Also goddamn, how toast is Roberto Aguayo if he can't get a phone call from a playoff team desperately looking for a new kicker on short notice?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Jeff Fisher: Rams are showing I left them in pretty good shape

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
People unironically say that re: singletary and harbaugh

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Fisher definitely helped put together a drat good roster; the Rams had a lot of high picks, sure, but a lot of them have panned out, apparently including the huge bet-the-farm trade for Goff.

He’s just not a good coach.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

rjmccall posted:

Fisher definitely helped put together a drat good roster; the Rams had a lot of high picks, sure, but a lot of them have panned out, apparently including the huge bet-the-farm trade for Goff.

He’s just not a good coach.

Strange that he couldn't find them the one piece they were missing.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Hopefully losing Zuerlein makes McVay a little more aware of his Pass-Pass-Pass playcalls that stall drives. They’ve kept Gurley light on touches and fresh all year, now is the time to let him free.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I’m sure Jeff Fisher had some influence on the Rams roster but it’s Les Snead that built this team and you couldn’t convince me otherwise.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

hifi posted:

Jeff Fisher: Rams are showing I left them in pretty good shape

Everyone else: Rams are showing just how much Jeff Fisher was holding them back.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Jeff Fischer is such a catty bitch

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Rams are the champs!!!

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

DariusLikewise posted:

Rams are the champs!!!

Congrats Goff & Kupp! Hope you guys beat the Patriots or Steelers; otherwise lose.

TheFace
Oct 4, 2004

Fuck anyone that doesn't wanna be this beautiful
Can we just rewind this season and have Jimmy G the whole year?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I was going to toxx myself that jags were gonna beat the niners and im glad I didnt!

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

TheFace posted:

Can we just rewind this season and have Jimmy G the whole year?

I’d rather get the top 5 draft pick this year tbh.

TheFace
Oct 4, 2004

Fuck anyone that doesn't wanna be this beautiful

Coldforge posted:

I’d rather get the top 5 draft pick this year tbh.

Yeah I agree because we have so many gaps on the roster, but itd definitely be interesting to see how many of those close games we would have snagged.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
James.

Garoppolo.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Spoeank posted:

James.

Garoppolo.

His Name is Jimmy.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Coldforge posted:

His Name is Jimmy.

I guess if you arent a close personal friend of his

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Spoeank posted:

James.

Garoppolo.

He good

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

It’s been said many times, many ways: Jimmy G, he good.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I thought the jags were good

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Spoeank posted:

I thought the jags were good

Bottles has them tied to the end of a string.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Coldforge posted:

His Name is Jimmy.

His name is Handsome Jimmy actually

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Gonna own when the Panthers beat the Falcons, opening up the 6 seed for Seattle, and then we lose to the Arizona Drew Stantons

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Benne posted:

Gonna own when the Panthers beat the Falcons, opening up the 6 seed for Seattle, and then we lose to the Arizona Drew Stantons

i am fully ready for this

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Handsome Jimmy G is the best. First 49ers QB to go 5-0

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Benne posted:

I agree, that would be good. But also bad because then Atlanta would be in the playoffs.

Y’all have to go back to LA if you make it though. Sure you want to see that again?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I agree, that would be good. But also bad because then Atlanta would be in the playoffs.

Y’all have to go back to LA if you make it though. Sure you want to see that again?

We beat them in LA so clearly the homefield is in our advantage there :v:

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

We won that game! I would love to see it again.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

YOLOsubmarine posted:

i think we all have a healthy appreciation of comedy

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I only caught the last third of the Niners-Jags game at my local dive bar and it was goddamned magical.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Merry Jimmy loving Jesus Christmas everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Handsome Jimmy G-sus.

• Locked thread