Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
After spending most of an evening prepping everything, I did 1-68 this morning on my Molten Strike Raider. Now to get to 71 and start wearing my Shroud of the Lightless :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

So I bought a currency and essence tab while they are on sale.. but I don't see them in game. Is there something I have to do to claim the purchases or something?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Look at the very end of your tabs

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

whypick1 posted:

I did. I have nothing but the standard tabs and all the premium tabs I purchased way back at the beginning of the game.

I have a Currency Tab that is just a premium tab that I renamed. Maybe that's blocking it somehow? I'll try renaming it and logging.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Did you remember to pay your credit card bills?

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
Super budget White Wind ranger:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZofMGr7gCfI - Atziri test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_HI3wbmQlo - Doing a T11 Mesa

Total cost:
White wind - 1 alch
Starkonja's hood - 1c
Atziri's step - 1c
Queen of the forest - 8c
Southbound - ? I found these will probably replace later
5L - 90ish fusings?

Damage seems to be fine so far. I have 75% dodge and 65% spell dodge. The only issue is my max life is at 4587. I picked up most of the life nodes that I can without trekking over to the scion circle. I'm afraid that I might get one shotted later on in higher tier maps.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

whypick1 posted:

They were there, but just numbered and colored as normal premium tabs. I sort of assumed that they would be named or colored differently. Thanks.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

The Locator posted:

They were there, but just numbered and colored as normal premium tabs. I sort of assumed that they would be named or colored differently. Thanks.

This happens every league start too :saddowns:

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

On a completely different subject... How do you handle bosses that require you to constantly move in order to not be one-shot, when casting towards them requires stopping at least for a moment, and delivering any significant damage requires stopping for more than just a moment.

I'm playing an arc build, and it's great against masses of mobs, but against a single target like that rear end in a top hat boss in act 5 (Avarius) I was just getting splatted left and right. My orb of storms and chaos golem (just threw it in an empty spell slot as a cast and forget thing) couldn't even keep his ES down, let alone damage his life. I am supposed to be using lightning orbs for single target damage, but they were even worse than just using arc due to how slow they move, and the boss keeps moving around so they miss.

What am I missing, how are crazy bosses with lots of things keeping you moving supposed to be dealt with? Tips and tricks are welcome.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

decoy totem

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Awesome! posted:

decoy totem

this lil guy right here is the MVP

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Decoy Totten has probably done more for my longevity than my stupid amounts of Dodge/Evasion.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

I don't' think there's a single boss in the game that doesn't give you chances to hit back, you just gotta learn when you can be casting, and when you should be moving.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

whypick1 posted:

Decoy Totten has probably done more for my longevity than my stupid amounts of Dodge/Evasion.

I have never even heard of a Decoy Totem, and it's certainly not mentioned in the build guide I'm following! I will look for it tomorrow when I'm back in game. Thanks to all three responses with this.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

The Locator posted:

I have never even heard of a Decoy Totem, and it's certainly not mentioned in the build guide I'm following! I will look for it tomorrow when I'm back in game. Thanks to all three responses with this.

Act 1, talk to Nessa, it's in the second tab of her sell tab. It's a lifesaverred gem. Everyone needs to know about it.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

Velveteen posted:

Super budget White Wind ranger:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZofMGr7gCfI - Atziri test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_HI3wbmQlo - Doing a T11 Mesa

Total cost:
White wind - 1 alch
Starkonja's hood - 1c
Atziri's step - 1c
Queen of the forest - 8c
Southbound - ? I found these will probably replace later
5L - 90ish fusings?

Damage seems to be fine so far. I have 75% dodge and 65% spell dodge. The only issue is my max life is at 4587. I picked up most of the life nodes that I can without trekking over to the scion circle. I'm afraid that I might get one shotted later on in higher tier maps.

Does the cold increase on white wind act as a local or global mod?

***edit**
I mean the conditional 100% increase, not the base cold damage.

Fenris13 fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Dec 24, 2017

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Local, you can see it under the physical damage roll.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

The Locator posted:

just note that it will be pretty fragile until you get some levels on it.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Fenris13 posted:

Does the cold increase on white wind act as a local or global mod?

***edit**
I mean the conditional 100% increase, not the base cold damage.

It boosts the damage of my other cold stuff like herald of ice so global I guess?

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
Yeah it's p. much The Tempest but better, so global (though I'd argue the bow skill selection was better than the dagger one, but now you can just ancestral call + any of like 5 different abilities to get great results)

I made a The Tempest shrapnel shot build last league and it was strong enough to do all the Shaper guardians with some decent map mods, but I hit a wall where increasing the DPS could only be done with like, multi-ex belts and amulets. I'd worry White Wind has that same problem.

Count Uvula fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Dec 24, 2017

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Class decision question! What is the state of QotF Wanderfinder, especially in the case of farming uber lab? Because I have a level 69 Pathfinder sitting around with like 15 points unspent, and I have the decision to spec into the following;

BV Pathfinder, for Uber Lab

Blade Flurry Pathfinder, for Uber Lab and bossing.

QotF Wanderfinder, for Uber Lab(?) and general purpose mapping and bossing

Svensken
May 29, 2010
For general mapping Wanderfinder mapping, VPS got it's targeting radius nerfed. But on the other hand the insane amount of flat daamge available from jewels might make up for the map clear loss.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
How do I get more currency and better maps? I'm slowly progressing map tiers because I can barely get t5-7 to drop. Though I should probably get Zana to my HO to buy maps off her.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

lucifirius posted:

How do I get more currency and better maps? I'm slowly progressing map tiers because I can barely get t5-7 to drop. Though I should probably get Zana to my HO to buy maps off her.

mate...

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Twilight Temple still bugged, dont blow 30c on a rushed untested pile of poo poo as i did.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
What's bugged about it?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Twilight Temple still bugged, dont blow 30c on a rushed untested pile of poo poo as i did.

Is it as fun as doing twinned core before the patch?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Jusupov posted:

Is it as fun as doing twinned core before the patch?

Didnt try twinned core, but in the temple you need to step on 6 trigger plates to spawn the boss, 2 of which sometimes dont get triggered, thus leaving you unable to complete the map you bought for 30c to grind out your achievements.

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Well, poo poo.

I didn't even notice it didn't complete. I jsut figured the pressure plate bosses was it.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Is the fire conversion on Ngamahu local or global ?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Fairly sure it's global, what for?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I have molten strike in my chest.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Oh well even if it were local it would still apply since molten strike is based on weapon damage. You're good to go

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

That's for the maps part, but for the currency making?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

lucifirius posted:

That's for the maps part, but for the currency making?

Getting zana in will give you a free map a day through her daily, and leveling her will give better drops in maps.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Is there a page that breaks down pricing?

There was an amulet sold above for over an Exalted, and I don't understand why. It has spell damage and life, but lacked any resistances.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Yeah... Zana should be master number 1 or 2 every league!

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

DangerDongs posted:

Is there a page that breaks down pricing?

There was an amulet sold above for over an Exalted, and I don't understand why. It has spell damage and life, but lacked any resistances.

Amulets are one of the only places to get insane damage mods after filling out the rest of your gear, and you can find res on so many other pieces that you can cap without it. High spell damage / crit / crit multi + life necks can be worth a lot.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Vasudus posted:

After spending most of an evening prepping everything, I did 1-68 this morning on my Molten Strike Raider. Now to get to 71 and start wearing my Shroud of the Lightless :getin:

1-68 in one morning what the christ how is that even possible?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Tabula rasa, wanderlust, goldrim, and a general sense of urgency