Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

ultrafilter posted:

What does the angelic text at the end say?

I don't speak Angelic but I know Hebrew where it would be ?erha trvth...? "YoRHa Truth" I bet, or in other words,

Arp1033 posted:

"Spoliers, lol" is my guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
You got it.

The capital Delta symbol is Yud (e.g. Y), and the Ayin is O here, not E, so that's definitely "yorha truth".

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Fun thing about the intro is that it was the last major trailer for the game. But yeah, it's just a ton of entirely contextless spoiler clips for a whole ton of different points in the game, including the end of the Tower. Just like the first game did with including some clips of various stuff taken with zero context, including a bunch of the Shadowlord's Castle.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Reminds me of when the game was already out in the Asian regions but not the west and having played it already because of that, I'd check in on threads on various forums about info etc and without fail you'd see people saying

"I've played the japanese release and the part where X does Y is late game spoilers so don't watch this if you don't want to be spoiled"

Blissfully ignorant of the fact that confirming a spoiler is what makes something a spoiler.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

XavierGenisi posted:

Fun thing about the intro is that it was the last major trailer for the game. But yeah, it's just a ton of entirely contextless spoiler clips for a whole ton of different points in the game, including the end of the Tower. Just like the first game did with including some clips of various stuff taken with zero context, including a bunch of the Shadowlord's Castle.

I remember seeing that trailer playing on every billboard in the hub for Phantasy Star Online 2 when it was released in Japan. I think it stayed active for about a month after the English release. I remember not understanding a drat thing but I distinctly remembered the 2B Death March so I wasn't terribly surprised by it.

What I'm saying, I suppose, is that even if you don't understand a thing that happened in the trailer it's still spoilery as fuuuuuuuuuuck

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
In a yoko taro game, seeing that any two characters survive long enough to be in the same scene together is truly the spoileriest of spoilers

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's pretty hard to call any official information a company offers you about a product ahead of its release spoilers. It's info they're not only happy for you to have, they're actively telling you.

It's your decision in regards to whether you partake in it and share it, but it's hard to say it's a spoiler, especially entirely contextless.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Taro Yoko is also known for making troll trailers so its probably filled with spoilers purely to mess with people who care about spoilers.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
I mean I don't see it as much different than a movie trailer, just a bunch of out of context clips arranged together in dramatic fashion. In this case nothing about the actual plot is even hinted at.

It was weird seeing Adam and Eve, I was like 'oh yeah, those two insignificant mid bosses. Forgot about them.'

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
I think the trailer definitely hints that YoRHa gets taken over or destroyed at some point, although not actually how. It's the combination of "That's not the operator" and the shot of YoRHa troopers getting red eyes.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Plus "You two are the last remaining members of YoRHa."

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Honestly, based on the trailer/intro, I thought Adam and Eve were gonna be androids who defected to the machine side and there was going to be this whole story of intrigue and betrayal. This was further established by the super suspicious YoRHa girl in the command room's balcony.

If you don't have context, you fill in your own. And only when someone confirms that it's a spoiler, does it actually become one.
Just look at how the Dangan Ronpa thread had the real killer pointed out in the first page and people were still shocked by the reveal because nobody pointed it out as a spoiler.

FishOnAPiano
Oct 9, 2012

Zoe posted:

It was weird seeing Adam and Eve, I was like 'oh yeah, those two insignificant mid bosses. Forgot about them.'

That still weirds me out! I was terrified when they first showed up; generations of nothing but clumsy stubby little boys, and then suddenly THIS CANNOT CONTINUE and a quantum leap into a fully realised human form, that's levelling up and learning at a far greater pace than the player characters are and is clearly going to keep growing and even further outpacing everything on the YoRHa side unless we can stop it; an equivalent of a nuke to put an end to this eternal war once and for all, but on the enemy side?

And then they turned out to be just... yet more human-obsessed dummies.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It's pretty hard to call any official information a company offers you about a product ahead of its release spoilers. It's info they're not only happy for you to have, they're actively telling you.

It's your decision in regards to whether you partake in it and share it, but it's hard to say it's a spoiler, especially entirely contextless.

Eh, I wouldn't say that necessarily. Trailers are handled by marketing departments, who often don't know their heads from their asses.

For example, every Terminator twist that got spoiled by marketing.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Zoe posted:

I mean I don't see it as much different than a movie trailer, just a bunch of out of context clips arranged together in dramatic fashion. In this case nothing about the actual plot is even hinted at.

Considering the fact that they helped to bring about the end of the stalemate which caused everything to go to hell they are very significant to the story.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]
My son has done some NieR: Automata doodles I've been meaning to upload somewhere. They capture the essence of the game fairly well. :v:

Edit:

The Dark Id fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Dec 24, 2017

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

h[E]ck

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

man, even little kids are dunking on Nines. guy just can't get a break

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Games > Let's Play! > NieR: Automata - Heck

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

World War Mammories posted:

Games > Let's Play! > NieR: Automata - h[E]ck

CesspoolofHatred
Apr 3, 2017
Merry Christmas Eve everybody

I'd post Eve with a Santa hat but I do not know how to Photoshop

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
Never Nines is good advice to live by.

Not even once.

Blue Nation
Nov 25, 2012

Happy Holidays!

And thank you TDI, this LP has been the highlight of my days for a while now.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
The more i think about it the more im convinced 9S is actually the villain of the story.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I dunno if that thing on the right in the first one is a robot or a moose or a yoshi but it is very cute and I agree with the sentiment. :3:

also the pod is very good :kimchi: and also the thumbs up robot

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

One of TDI's kids bringing the cutest LP update of the year again

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

McDragon posted:

I dunno if that thing on the right in the first one is a robot or a moose or a yoshi but it is very cute and I agree with the sentiment. :3:

also the pod is very good :kimchi: and also the thumbs up robot

in Nier Automata mooses and yoshis are synonymous

KamikazePotato
Jun 28, 2010

Can't decide which would make a better avatar for TDI.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

clearly only one of those is loving this...stuff

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

KamikazePotato posted:

Can't decide which would make a better avatar for TDI.

The solution is pretty easy...

59.9s; 0.1s

180s; 180s

0.1s; 59.9s

E: VVV :hfive:

Geemer fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Dec 24, 2017

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Geemer posted:

The solution is pretty easy...

59.9s; 0.1s

180s; 180s

0.1s; 59.9s

Who wants subtlety?

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

Here's one more for the road.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Id, tweet those to Yoko-san immediately. It is your duty as his Ambassador to the West.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
oh my god

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

The Dark Id posted:

:piss:

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4

I’ve found it. I’ve found my nightmares.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Screaming Idiot posted:

Id, tweet those to Yoko-san immediately. It is your duty as his Ambassador to the West.

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

The Dark Id posted:

Emil doing dukes of hazard style sweet jumps but instead of the horn playing I wish I was In Dixie it's EVERY SALE'S A WIIIIIN

KamikazePotato
Jun 28, 2010

ZeeToo posted:

Who wants subtlety?

This can't get any bette-

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

But every day is a sale... how can the sale be... o...ver.

I. Hear. A. Sound.

• Locked thread