Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Attitude Indicator posted:

Wipeout is the dark souls of racing gaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Try sideshifting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

where are my iframessssss

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

make sure you arent fat driving

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Autopilot
Autopilot
Autopilot

Become unstoppable

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax
Dragon Age: Inquisition: worth a buy at $7 just to play through on the easiest difficulty?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Aardark posted:

Dragon Age: Inquisition: worth a buy at $7 just to play through on the easiest difficulty?

If you can I'd wait for the GOTY edition that goes on sale for like $10 since you get all the DLC including a very hefty epilogue chapter and some combat rebalances.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Aardark posted:

Yeah, I had fun with it as an elf mage.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
As someone with major reservations about Inquisition, it's definitely worth it for that price. With the right mindset, you might even love it.

exquisite tea posted:

If you can I'd wait for the GOTY edition that goes on sale for like $10 since you get all the DLC including a very hefty epilogue chapter and some combat rebalances.

It's on sale right now as well ($8 with Plus).

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I go Inquisition for free and wish I didn’t.

Hours of boredom for nothing worthwhile

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

one thing to understand about inquisition is people will tell you that you dont have to do the mmo style bear rear end quests, but unless they changed the game in a patch thats completely untrue. the thing is that people who like the game tend to forget whatever goofy war table poo poo they were doing and enjoying and assume you can just play through the story straight, but that's not true. so the game is pretty contingent on whether or not you get some enjoyment out of doing at least some of those activities.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

rabidsquid posted:

one thing to understand about inquisition is people will tell you that you dont have to do the mmo style bear rear end quests, but unless they changed the game in a patch thats completely untrue. the thing is that people who like the game tend to forget whatever goofy war table poo poo they were doing and enjoying and assume you can just play through the story straight, but that's not true. so the game is pretty contingent on whether or not you get some enjoyment out of doing at least some of those activities.

There are generally enough quests where you can skip the lame sounding or uninteresting ones. That's what I did anyway.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

There are generally enough quests where you can skip the lame sounding or uninteresting ones. That's what I did anyway.

That’s all of the them

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Before you use war table points to unlock a new area, make sure that area is a level you can actually do.

When i finally got enough bullshit points from doing bullshit, I excitedly unlocked a new area. I got there and all the enemies were red skulls and I couldn't do anything. Looked it up on the internet, you're supposed to unlock some other area first. Uninstalled the game.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Andrast posted:

That’s all of the them

Lol

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
DA:I was fun enough if you played as a Knight Enchanter and hit things good with a giant magical sword.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Andrast posted:

I go Inquisition for free and wish I didn’t.

Hours of boredom for nothing worthwhile

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
Is Persona 5 good enough to have to explain to my gf why I'm playing animes for 100 hours over the next three months?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yeah, by the end of it both you and your girlfriend will be anime people tho so w/e man. thats life.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

el oso posted:

Is Persona 5 good enough to have to explain to my gf why I'm playing animes for 100 hours over the next three months?

Your gf will approve of both your newfound sense of moral justice and your ability to juggle the desires of dozens of potential waifus.

P5 might actually improve the chances that your gf will soon allow you to become a sexhaver.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Attitude Indicator posted:

Wipeout is the dark souls of racing gaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Also dirt Rally. "This is impossible. Oh wait I got this I'm good now lets gun it! *flies off a cliff*

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

el oso posted:

You don't need gf when you can have waifus

(It's good, but very slow and very japanese)

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

The dungeons are loving rad though, rad to the point of exhaustion.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Samuringa posted:

You don't need gf when you can have waifus

(It's good, but very slow and very japanese)

Moe~~

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Aardark posted:

Very boring imo

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Inquisition? Definitely $10 worth of good.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

el oso posted:

how does she feel about jazz

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I actually liked the war table for it's choose-your-own-adventure style antics to see all the various outcomes different advisors give you. But then I actually liked the cast of Inquisition (bar Sera) so if you don't like Bioware characters then you'll probably hate it, but it you do you'll enjoy it?? :shrug: Especially for $8.

Like I would never tell someone to play Persona because Japanese high school is the least appealing setting I can imagine but apparently it's great if that's your wheelhouse?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Not PS4 specific, but does anyone hear have an affordable (~$50) headset they could recommend?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Genocyber posted:

Not PS4 specific, but does anyone hear have an affordable (~$50) headset they could recommend?

If you're okay with over-ear design, I'm quite happy with my "Ear Force Recon" 50P turtle beaches. They are unpowered, which is a convenience for me, but will be a con for audiophiles.

They're like 40 bucks.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Snak posted:

If you're okay with over-ear design, I'm quite happy with my "Ear Force Recon" 50P turtle beaches. They are unpowered, which is a convenience for me, but will be a con for audiophiles.

They're like 40 bucks.

Hey, those are exactly what I have!

They're great. Cheap and cheerful

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Also the 50, 50p, and 50x are all identical, the 50p is "PlayStation blue" and the 50x is "xbox green". Well the trim is. So if you prefer green to blue, I don't think it matters.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I started playing Life is Strange: Before the Storm today and I'm really digging it a lot more than I thought I would. The soundtrack is great too, fits the theme and atmosphere so well. My only complaint are the controls when walking around.

x420ReDdIT_Br0nYx
Jan 21, 2013

RBA Starblade posted:

So with Wipeout Omega are you just expected to not be able to complete some time trials until you unlock certain ships? I can't for the life of me get 2:01 in Metro Park; I can't get under 41 seconds a lap no matter what I do or ships I use, hitting every boost and not ramming into a wall. The fastest that gets me in the fastest ship I have, the Feisar Speed, is 2:04.

Yeah you basically need to unlock new ships if you want all elite passes in 2048. The Feisar Prototype is definitely the best ship for Time Trial (except in A+, since the stats are bugged the AG-S Agility is faster than all other ships in that speed class, don't know if that's been patched) It's doable with the Feisar Speed but you need to use the first shortcut of the track for the extra barrel roll and it sucks.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Genocyber posted:

I really think (reasonably good) earphones + mic are the way to go, since they're more efficient and can get more volume out of the PS4 controller's weak output.

I use KZ ZST's myself because I love those cheap little bastards.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Dec 25, 2017

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Merry Christmas you filthy loving goons.

You're the best around. :stoked:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

x420ReDdIT_Br0nYx posted:

Yeah you basically need to unlock new ships if you want all elite passes in 2048. The Feisar Prototype is definitely the best ship for Time Trial (except in A+, since the stats are bugged the AG-S Agility is faster than all other ships in that speed class, don't know if that's been patched) It's doable with the Feisar Speed but you need to use the first shortcut of the track for the extra barrel roll and it sucks.

Thanks, that shortcut is an rear end in a top hat and the one thing I'm not using. I was smashing my head against it for an hour lol I'll just do it later.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Just 100%'d Horizon Zero Dawn. If there's any game I've played that deserves to be called "AAA", this was it.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Having trouble on the chieftain hunt in frozen wilds. Just like 30 seconds too slow every time.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Bombadilillo posted:

Having trouble on the chieftain hunt in frozen wilds. Just like 30 seconds too slow every time.

Use the log traps to kill the two Scorchers in the first area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

exquisite tea posted:

Use the log traps to kill the two Scorchers in the first area.

Wut. gently caress. Thanks!