Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
that awkward era known as the pulaski years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I will defend Pulaski for as long as it takes

She might have been an rear end in a top hat but at least she wasn't boring as sin, and hell I'd argue TNG needed an rear end in a top hat

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The TNG equivalent of post goatee but pre bald Sisko

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

The Bloop posted:

The TNG equivalent of post goatee but pre bald Sisko

Yeah, but wasn't that only like one episode?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

MrJacobs posted:

That excuse doesn't work in the age of 24 hour streaming and DVRs. You can just watch whatever during any amount of downtime and don't even have to binge watch. Its actually easier to have a busy life full of obligations and catch up on shows than it has ever been.

LMAO "that excuse"

"I don't feel like watch 15 hours of a crappy TV show to follow the weak plot to an unsatisfying resolution"
"C'MON YOU LAZY gently caress MAN UP AND DEAL WITH IT"

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
There's a magic trick to good TV: don't watch TV you don't like

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Phi230 posted:

There's a magic trick to good TV: don't watch TV you don't like

:gowron:

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

McSpanky posted:

LMAO "that excuse"

"I don't feel like watch 15 hours of a crappy TV show to follow the weak plot to an unsatisfying resolution"
"C'MON YOU LAZY gently caress MAN UP AND DEAL WITH IT"

Nobody said you had to watch anything, but saying you are too busy to watch any kind of show is what I was referring to. If you dont want to watch something, thats totally different.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Time to put the fear of God into this bunch of spoonheads.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
Cardassians are the underdog heroes poised for resurgence over the decadent, bloated federation if you follow things through DS9.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

Phi230 posted:

I'm at the point where I'd rather watch a weird episode of TNG than any ep of discovery. I'd rather watch Data learn how to tell a joke than the forced interpersonal conflict on Discovery.

Yeah, but you can't have Joe Piscopo in Discovery. For... reasons? I guess?

"You shouldn't tell me what logic dictates. My last XO told me what logic dictated once. Once."

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Peldor joy, my children!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Trickjaw posted:

Peldor joy, my children!

The Higher, The Fewer!

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

RED SQUAD RED SQUAD RED SQUAD

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Oh no! We're stuck on the other side of the galaxy, half our crew is dead, and we're having to join forces with an insurgent rebel group on our quest to get home...

Oh hey, whats that, a gaseous anomaly? loving full stop, this is important we do all the sightseeing and side trips possible on this leisure cruise.

God Voyager was wasted. ENT did a better job showing a ship going through hardship in one season than voyager did in 7 so what does that say about your show?

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Trickjaw posted:

Peldor joy, my children!

Jolan tru to you as well.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Phi230 posted:

Please tell me Mirror Picard has a goatee or like, hair

One outta two aint bad.

Also, LOL at Jellico tricking out his yacht with sex toys like the Grandmaster's ship in Thor: Ragnarok.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Troi’s mom continues to be the best character on TNG

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Binary Badger posted:

One outta two aint bad.

Also, LOL at Jellico tricking out his yacht with sex toys like the Grandmaster's ship in Thor: Ragnarok.

How did I not notice Riker's braided beard before

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Powered Descent posted:

Jolan tru to you as well.

I hope you have your renewal scroll prepared, Romulan.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

is that a ripped Barclay in the back

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Riker probably convinced Troi to have her titties hangin’ out all the time.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Tag yourself I'm Wesley Crusher with spiked hair

It looks like the Bizarro crew from Sealab 2021

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

PenguinKnight posted:

is that a ripped Barclay in the back

Well, with the Mirror Universe relations between the Terrans and Klingons, I'm going to bet that Worf was never and option (and Tasha was raped to death by the rape gangs), so I want to believe...that Barclay is the head of security.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

EimiYoshikawa posted:

Well, with the Mirror Universe relations between the Terrans and Klingons, I'm going to bet that Worf was never and option (and Tasha was raped to death by the rape gangs), so I want to believe...that Barclay is the head of security.

And instead of being super-nervous, he's super-killy. Like, irresponsibly killy.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

He's just HM Murdock in space.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Mirror Barclay should just be the same insubordinate hard drinkin' version he played of himself on the holodeck in Hollow Pursuits.

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.
Mirror Picard looks like Don Cherry.

I think Don Cherry may actually be from the Mirror Universe so thats ok.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Tom Guycot posted:

Oh no! We're stuck on the other side of the galaxy, half our crew is dead, and we're having to join forces with an insurgent rebel group on our quest to get home...

Oh hey, whats that, a gaseous anomaly? loving full stop, this is important we do all the sightseeing and side trips possible on this leisure cruise.

Really, that could have been the major conflict: Federation crew treating the phenomenon of leaping to the Delta Quadrant as a chance to do science and exploration beyond any Starfleet officer's wildest dreams, while the Maquis being pragmatic, ends-justify-the-means types would chafe and try to take whatever opportunities they could to keep going, to leap ahead, and to steal technology. Voyager constantly having to clean up messes caused by Maquis crew members, Maquis sneakily taking all the chances and loopholes Federation policy would preclude. At the end of any given episode or arc, there'd have to be a reckoning where good was weighed against evil and both sides had their own claim on good.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Why are they all T-1000s?

Also :lol: at Wesley’s haircut.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
I am cackling like an idiot at buff Trek

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

That haircut is giving me horrifying visions of a TNG remake with Jaden Smith as Wesley. :stonk:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Did I skip the episode where they met evil mirror people or did that only happen in the original series?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Wifebeater uniforms for all

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Mirror universe was never explored in TNG. Mirror Worf was seen in DS9 though.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Fornax Disaster posted:

Mirror Picard looks like Don Cherry.

I think Don Cherry may actually be from the Mirror Universe so thats ok.

"Computer, make a jacket gaudy enough to blind Geordi all over again."

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

watching the ds9 episode where Jadzia is mentoring the trill initiate, and the Klingon chef has rocketed to one of my favorite character spots

PenguinKnight fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Dec 25, 2017

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

DS9 has a bunch of mirror episodes which people either love or really hate.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
The DS9 mirror episodes start out cool but they just keep doing them past the point where they have beaten the concept (and a couple of the more interesting characters) to death and are reduced to thrilling guests like mirror Bareil and mirror Jennifer. The only consistently good thing about them is Nana Visitor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars
Visitor is a really great actress. I think she's generally only behind Robinson and Shimmerman in the quality of her performances. I just wish they didn't pair her with such bland men.