Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

SHOAH NUFF posted:

This earl Thomas stuff is crazy. I know he’s from TX but to straight up walk into the opponents locker room after a game and ask them to trade for you is pretty nuts. I have a secret fear of Marcus Peters doing something like this with Oakland

He's just networking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
i just managed to catch the saints highlights

holy gently caress lmao Marshon Lattimore caught that ball with he own drat rear end

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Turdsdown Tom posted:

i just managed to catch the saints highlights

holy gently caress lmao Marshon Lattimore caught that ball with he own drat rear end

The Butt Pick

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Throw the Cowboys into a volcano, piss on the volcano, and I guess go Jaguars.

Rams are also okay.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Fire everyone, fire no-one, whatever. It's all 8-8 in the end.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

The Ravens are going to miss the playoffs. We are not beating cincinnati, and buffalo and Tennessee are likely to win. Its going to happen. Please.

Can this poo poo be clamped down on? Is it because he's mentally ill that he gets so much leeway?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Jags and Chiefs are my SB teams qtiyd.
Same conference. Now if they meet in the AFCCG that's good and cool, on their way to play the Vikings.

Yeah I'm a Panthers fan. I just don't see them squeaking out a playoff win, especially if they meet the Saints again.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Silly Burrito posted:

The Butt Pick

there needs to be an entire Butt family of football plays.

Butt Fumble, Butt Pick, Butt Field Goal, Butt Safety

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Turdsdown Tom posted:

Butt Field Goal

The only possible interpretation of this is the long snapper fumbles the snap in spectacular fashion and the kicker just goes with it. It would be truly magnificent, the stuff of legends.

Larch
Dec 20, 2004

BEE LOVER

Barreft posted:

Can this poo poo be clamped down on? Is it because he's mentally ill that he gets so much leeway?

We're all just dreaming about football here. Some of us seem to prefer nightmares. A person deserves to enjoy their favorite flavor of suffering no?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Turdsdown Tom posted:

there needs to be an entire Butt family of football plays.

Butt Fumble, Butt Pick, Butt Field Goal, Butt Safety

Only if Jake Butt gets one too.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Bullshit officiating aside, kicking the 50 yard field goal at 4th and 1 in the 4th was a gutless, timid call and even if they made the kick the team still would have been demoralized. Three of your best players are RB, C and G. Run McCoy and if you still fail you can hold your head up knowing you took an aggressive shot with your best guys. If you succeed you keep Brady off the field and you steal back the momentum. I was pissed at the call and when they missed I knew it was over. Can't help feeling the players felt the same way given how they just rolled over the rest of the way.

Very disappointing way to close out a great game.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Strobe posted:

The only possible interpretation of this is the long snapper fumbles the snap in spectacular fashion and the kicker just goes with it. It would be truly magnificent, the stuff of legends.

I'm thinking the long snapper hikes it, the punter slips and falls while the ball lodges firmly in his rear end, and the kicker just booms it.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
No SNF in Week 17 :stare:

https://twitter.com/NFLfootballinfo/status/945144091326722049

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Wait a second, according to that tweet they're not even giving NBC a game to broadcast in the later slot?

How does that work with their contract?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

sean10mm posted:

The madder you get the better it is to be a Pats fan FYI.

Spoken like a true Trump voter.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

nwo hatchet man posted:

Lmao they really only eked out one superbowl with that legendary defense
I don't think that's surprising. 80s Chicago, early 2000s Ravens/Bucs only got 1 themselves, while plenty of historically great defenses got 0.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Grittybeard posted:

Wait a second, according to that tweet they're not even giving NBC a game to broadcast in the later slot?

My thoughts exactly.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Grittybeard posted:

Knowing the NFL the contract includes "We can do what ever the gently caress we want with our games are you are entitled to air none of them unless we give the go ahead first."

And since this was signed when the NFL was at the peak, NBC said, "Yeah, that seems ok"

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Somehow I doubt Al will complain about getting New Year's Eve off

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Athanatos posted:

Knowing the NFL the contract includes "We can do what ever the gently caress we want with our games are you are entitled to air none of them unless we give the go ahead first."

And since this was signed when the NFL was at the peak, NBC said, "Yeah, that seems ok"

NBC will still end up paying the NFL for the game, I assume.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Benne posted:

Somehow I doubt Al will complain about getting New Year's Eve off

Oh yeah I'm sure Al's fine with it.

I wonder how long it's been since he's had the last week of an NFL season off?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

CannonFodder posted:

Same conference. Now if they meet in the AFCCG that's good and cool, on their way to play the Vikings.

I meant that I'd love it if either team made it to the Super Bowl.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

Oh yeah I'm sure Al's fine with it.

I wonder how long it's been since he's had the last week of an NFL season off?

near the end of abc airing monday night games they didn't have any in week 17

they realized a playoff team might only get 5 days rest

also i'm sure nbc's ok this year since they have the super bowl

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Spring Break My Heart posted:

I don't think that's surprising. 80s Chicago, early 2000s Ravens/Bucs only got 1 themselves, while plenty of historically great defenses got 0.
Vikings Purple People Eaters went to 4 Super Bowls but lost them all.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

I meant that I'd love it if either team made it to the Super Bowl.
Then I shall quote that I am down with that.

Jags and Chiefs are my SB teams qtiyd.
quoting

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

gently caress this. Show me Browns/Steelers in prime time. I wanna see some history.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

lol someone intercepted a football with their butt

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

lol someone intercepted a football with their butt

Video please.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
For some reason I thought there wasn't typically a SNF game for *competitive reasons* or whatever.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Here you go:

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/945011667485704192

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
They better be clearing that primetime slot for the Browns march to destiny.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Strobe posted:

is it legal to pick up a player and swing him like a golf club, so that his rear end makes contact with the football?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

:suspense:

Play of the year, right there.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Dec 25, 2017

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

GobiasIndustries posted:

For some reason I thought there wasn't typically a SNF game for *competitive reasons* or whatever.

they still had the seahawks win the division at 7-9 game

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Vertical Lime posted:

they still had the seahawks win the division at 7-9 game

yeah my brain just doesn't work good sometimes, I dunno why I thought it was normal :shrug:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://twitter.com/rotopat/status/945012315589632000

Kirk Cousins is pretty dumb

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
This is prime-time history, the Steelers were the beginning of the current era of Browns, and faced them in their first game.

And blew them out 43-0

Now the Steelers can provide a capstone to the degeneration of the browns as they pummel the browns, just like in 1999.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Chargers won a sloppy and ugly game against a bad team. About the only thing notable about it is that Gates looked like he wasn't a corpse for the first time all season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

.. why are propane tanks on the sideline?

• Locked thread