Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
AFC

1. Patriots 11-3
2. Steelers 11-3
3. Jaguars 10-4
4. Chiefs 8-6
5. Ravens 9-6
6. Titans 8-6

Bills 8-6
Chargers 7-7
Raiders 6-8
Dolphins 6-8

NFC

1. Eagles 12-2
2. Vikings 12-3
3. Rams 10-4
4. Saints 10-4
5. Panthers 10-4
6. Falcons 9-5

Lions 8-6
Seahawks 8-6
Cowboys 8-6

Ravens beat a lovely Colts team despite doing everything to give it away. They now control their Wild Card destiny, even though nobody outside the Baltimore region wants to watch this team in January. God help us all.

Benne fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Dec 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Kawalimus posted:

Ugh. Playoffs here we come.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:woop:

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Judging by recent attendance figures most people inside the Baltimore region dont want to see the Ravens play either. Mark my words, this team will eventually move.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Jesus that last pass was pretty obvious interference but oh well thanks for the tease colts

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

Judging by recent attendance figures most people inside the Baltimore region dont want to see the Ravens play either. Mark my words, this team will eventually move.

uh, did a cat get into a bird sanctuary or something?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'm glad the Ravens won.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

So how can the Ravens miss the playoffs at this point? Am I right in thinking the chances are super slim?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

A big flaming stink posted:

uh, did a cat get into a bird sanctuary or something?

No there was just a big article about how the Ravens attendance figures are really bad. They blame the anthem protests but i think theres more to it than just that.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Kawalimus posted:

No there was just a big article about how the Ravens attendance figures are really bad. They blame the anthem protests but i think theres more to it than just that.

Nobody goes to Orioles games either.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

pasaluki posted:

Nobody goes to Orioles games either.

Yeah I know they had some problems too but I know less about the team. I think disinterest in the Ravens has been building for a few years now.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Kawalimus posted:

So how can the Ravens miss the playoffs at this point? Am I right in thinking the chances are super slim?

Super slim. they've got a 95% chance of making it.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It's because the offense was putrid at the beginning of the year and all the season ticket holders are old rear end baby boomer fair weather fans. I also buy the anthem argument because all the season ticket holders are old rear end baby boomer fair weather fans.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Kawalimus posted:

Looks like it would take the Titans and Bills winning out if the Ravens beat the Bengals next week, or the Titans / Bills ending up at 9-7 with the Ravens losing next week.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

I think disinterest in the Ravens has been building for a few years now.

Losing records, no playoffs, and everyone being hurt before the season's half over multiple years will do that, yes

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Ravens/Chiefs seems destined to be the Wild Card game dumped at Saturday afternoon on ESPN

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

Losing records, no playoffs, and everyone being hurt before the season's half over multiple years will do that, yes

Also the total lack of cool players and personalities to get attached to. A dull team reflecting its dull coach. We need a Billick who's actually a good coach. Bring in Tony Siragusa as defensive line coach and hire Shannon Sharpe as team spokesperson or something. Dont bring Ray Lewis on the field but have the team treat him like some sort of deity. Ed Reed just kind of shows up sometimes and fires guys up. Maybe get Chris McAlister to get in fights with the opposing coaching staff. Adalius Thomas can coach any position at any given time.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Kawalimus posted:

Also the total lack of cool players and personalities to get attached to.

You do realize Danny Woodhead is on your team right?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

You do realize Danny Woodhead is on your team right?

Hes kinda cool. But hes no sharpe. Another Qadry.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

it still boggles my mind that it feels like a little time ago everybody was hating on the Colts because they went from Manning to Luck who was the future goat and now everyone is bad and dead much like this gay forums

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Raiders bitch

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Mystic Stylez posted:

it still boggles my mind that it feels like a little time ago everybody was hating on the Colts because they went from Manning to Luck who was the future goat and now everyone is bad and dead much like this gay forums

The NFLs future QB crop is hosed. RG3 was going to be this great player now dead. Andrew Luck, now dead. Wentz? Maybe dead. Watson? Maybe dead. All these future faces of the NFL, lost to injury. It is not a pretty picture once the current old guard retires.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Kawalimus posted:

It is not a pretty picture once the current old guard retires.

Kawalimus posted:

not a pretty picture

Kawalimus posted:

pretty picture

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Mystic Stylez posted:

Ryan Tannehill and Blake Bortles are elite.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Case Keenum is.... on a really good team.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

their attendance numbers are basically the same as what they were last year, and 2015, and 2014

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Borsche69 posted:

their attendance numbers are basically the same as what they were last year, and 2015, and 2014

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bs-sp-ravens-no-shows-letter-1222-story.html

The organization has come straight out and said that its worse now and seem to think its a big enough problem to try to address. Whatever you think the reason is, there is a problem.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Kawalimus posted:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bs-sp-ravens-no-shows-letter-1222-story.html

The organization has come straight out and said that its worse now and seem to think its a big enough problem to try to address. Whatever you think the reason is, there is a problem.

You might as well blame it on lagging Papa John's sales. The lack of interest reaches far beyond Baltimore and it's a ridiculous scapegoat. Ratings have declined, and while the on field product has arguably gone downhill league wide, The Ravens have also been hard to watch these past few years.

I like how players making a political statement is suddenly this huge threat to the team, but the much more embarrassing Ray Rice scandal, to both the franchise and the league couldn't have been a factor.

This isn't an attack on you I'm just tired of the narrative NFL owners are pushing that's ridiculous and its a cover up for a litany of problems the league has started facing that have grown over the years and are finally starting to effect the bottom line.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Baltimore could still miss the playoffs if

A:
They lose to Cincy
Buffalo and Tennessee win out

or

B:
They lose to Cincy
Buffalo wins out
Tennessee goes 9-7

C:
They lose to Cincy
Tennessee wins out
Buffalo loses to New England and beats Miami (this doesn't work the other way around)

D:
They lose to Cincy
Buffalo loses to New England and beats Miami (This doesn't work the other way around)
Tennessee goes 9-7 (Either way is fine, it just determines whether the Titans are the 5 or 6 seed)

But since all of those require the Ravens losing to a team who is clearly tanking... yeah. Looks like we're getting Ravens in the postseason again.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Marketing New Brain posted:

You might as well blame it on lagging Papa John's sales. The lack of interest reaches far beyond Baltimore and it's a ridiculous scapegoat. Ratings have declined, and while the on field product has arguably gone downhill league wide, The Ravens have also been hard to watch these past few years.

I like how players making a political statement is suddenly this huge threat to the team, but the much more embarrassing Ray Rice scandal, to both the franchise and the league couldn't have been a factor.

This isn't an attack on you I'm just tired of the narrative NFL owners are pushing that's ridiculous and its a cover up for a litany of problems the league has started facing that have grown over the years and are finally starting to effect the bottom line.

Oh, Im not making any statement on the protests(which doesnt affect my interest at all btw). But lots of people around me do care about it Im sorry to say, and the people football has cultivated as its audience are mostly that type. And yeah I forgot all about the Ray Rice thing but that did hurt the teams image and lots of people liked him.

What I think we need like Im saying before is a new crop of players with cool personalities and a focus on a more exciting offensive kind of team that we havent seen here. New QB new coach, new personality. A team makeover!! These arent your daddys Ravens!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Of course the only person on the team who didn't want Kaep is saying protests are to blame for the attendance

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Kawalimus posted:

New QB new coach, new personality. A team makeover!! These arent your daddys Ravens!

yeah what the team really needs is not being your daddy's lovely old ravens who were 2/2 in superbowls and constantly getting to the playoffs not even two decades after being established, burn it all to the ground

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
boring game, glad the Vikings won, though.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
One draft spot closer to getting the next AJ Hawk!

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

"the quarterback room is exactly where it needs to be"

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
The Packers deserve every bit of this for not signing Kaepernick.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Well that game was a complete waste of time

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

everyone on the packers has stone hands disease

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
https://twitter.com/robdemovsky/status/944786458644115456

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Kalli posted:

The Packers deserve every bit of this for not signing Kaepernick.

Seeing a rival shoot themselves in the dick is just beautiful

• Locked thread