Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Superkick Caldwell through a barbershop window and air that poo poo LIVE on local Detroit news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

merry christmas you filthy animals, the bears are going to hire jeff fisher

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

R.D. Mangles posted:

I will laugh so loving hard

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

R.D. Mangles posted:

He's got the mustache and the lovely attitude.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

he's coming home

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

R.D. Mangles posted:

Don't you put that goddamn evil on them

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Get used to it, Ashawn. This is your life until your rookie contract expires.

https://twitter.com/Hoodie_AR/status/945054873690824704

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Matt Patricia to the Lions, Jeff Fisher to the Bears and Dom Capers given a multi-year extension would be extremely my poo poo.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/IanKenyonNFL/status/944770835482595328

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

iospace posted:

Counterpoint: Rodgers beat the Bengals for the first time ever this year.

Stafford is 0-3 against them

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Fenrir posted:

A Vikings/Jags super bowl is still possible and until it isn't, you bastards can't take my dreams away.

E: I'm probably gonna catch poo poo from other Pack fans. Don't caaaaaaaare.

Vikings-Bills can still happen, too.
But it won't because the Bills benched Tyrod and they're going to miss the playoffs because of that loss.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Fire Caldwell.

Off of the Earth.

In a rocket.

Into the Sun.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Cim Jaldwell

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Cim Jaldwell

I'd hire this Cim character after Jim was fired.

Mirror Universe Caldwell is probably the opposite of mediocre and uninspiring.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

R.D. Mangles posted:

the bears literally beat the entire AFC north, crown their rear end

They let 'em off the hook!

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Hire Jim Schwartz

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Hire Jim Schwartz

Would unironically take Schwartz back with a more talented roster because at least they would give a poo poo again.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

C-Euro posted:

Would unironically take Schwartz back with a more talented roster because at least they would give a poo poo again.

Schwartz apparently played favourites with his players, giving preferential treatment and letting them get away with anything.

This created an us vs then atmosphere with the rest of the other players and created a divide in the locker room.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Hire Jim Schwartz

C-Euro posted:

Caldwell needs to go but this is a pretty bad take. Schwartz was a hothead who, as Hizawk mentioned, played favorites, led an extremely undisciplined team, and only had one good season that ended in a 45-28 blowout against the Saints. He also squandered the best opportunity the Lions have ever had for an NFC North title in 2013, and proved himself to be a classless fuckass when he had himself carried off the field when the Bills won against the Lions the next year (A victory that had less to do with Schwartz's defense and more with the Lions' utterly dire kicker situation).

The problem with the Lions this year and last year isn't that the team doesn't give a poo poo-if anything, the team has proved time and time again under Caldwell's tenure that they'll play their hearts out even in hopeless situations, like when they almost caught up to the Saints in what should've been a complete blowout earlier this year. The problem the Lions have faced is that the team, time and time again, has been ill-prepared for games and has been consistently unable to either exploit the weaknesses of opposing teams or work to cover up the weaknesses of their own. Not all of this is the coaching staff's fault-the O-Line and D-Line have both been utterly devastated by injuries, which exposed a horrific lack of depth in those positions. Even then, however, the coaching staff has routinely failed to adjust, continuing for example to cling to a hopeless run game even after they payed $135 million dollars to Stafford to throw the loving ball.

I don't think Caldwell is a bad coach, persay, and I don't hate him like I hated Schwartz in his final days. But he's also not a good coach, and I think it's definitely come time for the Lions to move on. Of course, what's going to come next is Quinn is going to hire Patricia or some other loving Patriots retread and I'll be wishing for the good ol' days of getting blown out in the playoffs every other year :suicide:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

reminder that the 2001 bears were the greatest bullshit team in the history of bullshit and probably my favorite football team of all time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRp3fDKHYJo

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Jim Schwartz is a better coach than Jim Caldwell in literally every facet of the game

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Jim Schwartz is a better coach than Jim Caldwell in literally every facet of the game

is facial expressions a facet

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Detroit_Dogg posted:

quote:

In their home finale, the Lions met the Giants in a game that the Lions needed to win to stay in the division race. The Lions were having trouble scoring and could only muster a field goal before halftime while the Giants built 13 points to maintain their lead. The Lions would manage to return by scoring 17 unanswered points in the third and fourth quarters. However, an interception thrown by Stafford led to the Giants tying the game. As the clock ran out with the score tied, Head Coach Jim Schwartz decided to let the game go into overtime despite Detroit possessing two timeouts. This led to many fans booing at the decision, and Schwartz appeared to yell angrily at the booing crowd. After both teams went 3 and out with the Giants having the starting possession, the Giants managed to record a 45-yard field goal to win the game and seal the Lions' fate.

gently caress Jim Schwartz

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Hire Jim Schwartz

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Here's what I think of Jim Schwartz.

*flushes a photograph of Jim Schwartz down the turlet*

Hire....

*shakes Magic 8 ball*

.....David Shaw.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'm ready for a midwestern team to hire a person named "jim bob cooter"

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
We absolutely should have fired Schwartz when we did but I was still sad to see him go. With Caldwell I feel nothing but annoyance and disappointment.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

From a Packer fan perspective the rivalry was way juicier when Schwartz was the coach. The Caldwell Lions are just... kinda there.

I hope your next coach brings fire to the team.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'd rather have ten more years of Caldwell than see one more game of Schwartz-coached Lions. gently caress that noise all the way around.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

GeneX posted:

Don't you put that goddamn evil on them

He is not putting that evil on them. He just understands that the biggest meatball fans in Chicago are the owners. If you are a Bears fan and don't secretly fear that the Bears are dumb enough to do this, you do not understand who runs this team.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SKULL.GIF posted:

From a Packer fan perspective the rivalry was way juicier when Schwartz was the coach. The Caldwell Lions are just... kinda there.

I hope your next coach brings fire to the team.

Schwartz brought fire as the Packers swept the Lions and Caldwell was just kinda there as the Packers split with the Lions. :v:

(This probably doesn't line up as cleanly as I want it to)

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I’m just glad we can all agree that Zim is the B.B. of our division.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Zimmer is the Brian Billick of the NFCN? That's fair.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
no, Brian Baldinger.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

VJeff posted:

Well, this feels pretty bad, but at least it's not as hard as it is for Packers fans, who have to wake up every day knowing that they have a bad defensive coordinator.

I can't imagine what that feels like.

lol I love how goddamn bitter you are

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Big Beef City posted:

lol I love how goddamn bitter you are

I picture him refreshing the thread desperately for any mention of the word "Packers," lip quivering the whole time

Also merry christmas you fucks

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
I had a Kringle pastry last night and idk how anyone in Wisconsin lives past 40

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Good Will Hrunting posted:

idk how anyone in Wisconsin lives past 40

the sacred elixer scott walker distilled from the tears of public employees' families

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

VJeff posted:

Schwartz brought fire as the Packers swept the Lions and Caldwell was just kinda there as the Packers split with the Lions. :v:

(This probably doesn't line up as cleanly as I want it to)

I still don't quite understand how we won @ Lambeau in 2015. I remember the place holder getting a couple fingers on that GW field goal attempt and sending it off course but I don't remember how it got to that point in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Good Will Hrunting posted:

I had a Kringle pastry last night and idk how anyone in Wisconsin lives past 40

I bought two kringles for the holidays and my heart valves are slowly closing but I'm happy

• Locked thread