Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I am going to use Abyss Straddler and Twilight Queen for the OHKO. It will not work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.

trucutru posted:

I got news for you: this thread (and the western playerbase) has been basically dead for a while now. Alice and Spawn tag-teamed it and it never recovered.

I thought the game was dead during the whole Roach/Daria fiasco. Since then the game has devolved into a 1 or 2 deck meta, waiting until the end of the month to kill certain cards only for a new one/two deck meta to take its place. Cards like Eachtar/Sybil/Spawn/PDK deserved emergency day 1 nerfs rather than at the 2-3 months it took to kill them. The meta settles itself only about a few days after the expansion when one Japanese player find a deck that goes on a 50 game winstreak then everyone copies it. It took too long to nerf Dimension Shift. Rhinceroach should have been nerfed at the end of Darkness Evolved. Instead of printing twenty counters to Sea Queen Otohime just make it cost 7 pp. Cygames' current balance philosophy came too late and now everyone else is hoping on that Hearthstone money train.

The Big Bad Worf
Jan 26, 2004
Quad-greatness
Is the game really that dead? Seems more active than other CCGs on steam, by a fairly wide margin, too.

Nothing compares to the playerbase of Hearthstone naturally, but if we wanna talk meta stuff, everyone needs just one card to play that game - a credit card :y

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I don't think the game is dead but I haven't found anywhere that's really active talking about it, in English at least. I haven't looked that hard though.

The Big Bad Worf
Jan 26, 2004
Quad-greatness
Gotcha. Yeah, Eternal has a fraction of this games playerbase and seems to have more community engagement and websites dedicated to it in general. The subreddit for this game seems pretty active, but that's really pushing quantity over quality there.

I've seen that there's a really active discord server for the game, at least. 2000 something users. Given the steam player count that's probably the bulk of the english speaking playerbase, even.

Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

Games gonna die once the rotation happens.

I made the mistake in the investing dust into the standard set, assuming that if a rotation system was in place, they'd leave the starter set in and rotate expansions.

I don't have the massive amounts of dust required to remake decks once all those key cards rotate out.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
People have said the game is dead literally since Darkness Evolved. Doesn't make it true though.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Tenasscity posted:

Games gonna die once the rotation happens.

I made the mistake in the investing dust into the standard set, assuming that if a rotation system was in place, they'd leave the starter set in and rotate expansions.

I don't have the massive amounts of dust required to remake decks once all those key cards rotate out.

I mean if you quit that's your own business but old cards rotating out has been how card games have functioned since 1995

The Big Bad Worf
Jan 26, 2004
Quad-greatness
You can still play your decks in unlimited mode. The game seems big enough in Japan to support two ladders, regardless of what appeals to our western sensibilities.

Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

I mean if you quit that's your own business but old cards rotating out has been how card games have functioned since 1995

Old cards rotating out sure. but they kept a core set.

MTG did it until 2015 (and they are releasing a new core set in 2018)

Hearthstone does it.

Shadowverse could let standard stay in if they didn't want to force people to buy new sets.

The Big Bad Worf posted:

You can still play your decks in unlimited mode. The game seems big enough in Japan to support two ladders, regardless of what appeals to our western sensibilities.

So I can forget about ranked match missions and point rewards? Fun.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Tenasscity posted:

So I can forget about ranked match missions and point rewards? Fun.

You can complete ranked match missions in unlimited ladder which will also give you points for the monthly score rewards. The only thing that's separate between unlimited and rotation is rank and master score.

Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

Danakir posted:

You can complete ranked match missions in unlimited ladder which will also give you points for the monthly score rewards. The only thing that's separate between unlimited and rotation is rank and master score.

Okay that won't be so bad then. My biggest gripe was that I wouldn't be able to do that.

eszett engma
May 7, 2013
The basic cards form the core set they're keeping in rotation.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
The rest of the cards are being revealed in about 10 minutes. Oh, and Merry Christmas too.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
And here they are (in Japanese):
https://cycomi.com/title.php?title_id=80

Edit: It seems that they have been added and translated to the official reveal page as well: https://shadowverse.com/cardpack/chronogenesis/

BoldFace fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Dec 25, 2017

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Excited to play Portalcraft.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

Golden Battler posted:

Excited to play Portalcraft.
I hope you're also excited to play against portalcraft because that's what 80% of the ladder will be for the first few days.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
update is live. pulled albert leader :3:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Gonna have to craft all the haven cards I want. Summit Temple is a baller as hell card

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
network just went down which is probably a good sign all things considered

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
I rolled 35 packs and got the two bloodcraft legendaries, eh.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
i did about 60 and got

3 insect lord
1 aria
1 aisha
2 zirn
1 chronos
2 mysteria
1 spinaria
1 azi

which is p good i guess but i was aiming for blood/haven cards lol

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Finally started to dial my deck in and i keep getting maint bombed just as it it hits the late-game D:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Jimmy Hats posted:

i did about 60 and got

3 insect lord
1 aria
1 aisha
2 zirn
1 chronos
2 mysteria
1 spinaria
1 azi

which is p good i guess but i was aiming for blood/haven cards lol

Weak!, got all three alternate leaders in 29 pulls before the connection went down.

Which is actually bad because I don't give a gently caress about them. Also got 2 king Arthurs and one shadow Albert.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
oh i got albert as well, forgot about that

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
it doesn't matter since reddit says everything is getting rolled back

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
word on the wordvine is that if you beat all the story poo poo you get nexus as a portalcraft leader

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

0 gold, 12 free packs. zero legendaries out of the 10 packs i opened before the game died.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Now that I think about it, I have all rare alternate leaders. Time to sell the account!

And, btw, getting the Dark General leader doesn't give you a card back or icon. Reddit is gonna be pissed!

trucutru fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Dec 29, 2017

Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

37 packs, 9 legendaries, no leaders, boo.

https://i.imgur.com/un4eJJv.jpg

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Jesus christ burn dirt :(

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Aaaaaaand aegis is immune to summit temple (duh, i guess). that really loving sucks.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
We live in a hell dimension where you can get mordecai (and i guess dark alice as well) on the board on turn 5

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jimmy Hats posted:

Jesus christ burn dirt :(

Is this post "rip it's dead" or "rip I'm dead, to burn, which killed me"

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Mysteria is brutal. Its rip I'm dead

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Good, Mysteria is the new rune legendary I'm gonna relentlessly play into the ground well past the date it's become terrible

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Was it unlimited or rotation where Mysteria owned you?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
It was hardly an 'owned me' but it was hella annoying to eat 15 face damage from 3 spells on turn 9, ignoring my giant rear end wards and spell immunes. It was in rotation. In unlimited i'd have that fucker dead by turn 7 :(

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
Man holy poo poo does Rotation absolutely neuter Aggro Bloodcraft forever, I guess this means Shadowcraft is back in the pilot seat :c00l:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I tried to buy some packs of Chronogenesis. As I saw the animated Cassiopeia pop up in the second pack I felt both pleasure and regret.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Dec 30, 2017

• Locked thread