Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
The Tiki gods have chosen to ameliorate my travel problems with a rare black pearl. Worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Now I wish I was at Trader Sam's getting blasted. Thanks.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
It's been two years of wishing.

1. Tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki rum
2. Polynesian pearl
3. Water
4. Tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki rum (would have been an old kungaloosh, but they don't have the stuff)
5. Tahitian Torch (tasted gross to wife, I drank it) ((also, don't laugh and get this up your nose))
6. Water
7. Tropical Snowstorm (tasted gross to me, wife drank it)
8. Spiky pineapple
9. Polynesian pearl
10. Spiky Pineapple
11. Tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki rum

Too full of liquid to continue.

We need to get back to Disneyland Sam's so we can spend hours just chilling at the bar, talking to whoever sits near.

My wife once collapsed directly between DCA and Disneyland. That was a close one, but not as close as when she collapsed halfway across Harbor blvd. It was our first time drinking in a bar we really understood, and we went a bit overboard.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
No Uh Oa?!

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

We love the chanting, but don't really like the taste.

What do people like at Tiffins? Having lunch there Friday, and my wife is usually indecisive, so recommendations are super helpful.

Beachcomber fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Dec 21, 2017

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Beachcomber posted:

We love the chanting, but don't really like the taste.

What do people like at Tiffins? Having lunch there Friday, and my wife is usually indecisive, so recommendations are super helpful.

The Whole Fried Sustainable Fish. Just incredible. It was snapper when we ate there. The venison dish was also really good.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Looked at the drink menu for Trader Sam's, that's one hell of a menu. I wonder what the biggest bar tab someone's gotten there, especially if you were doing the souvenir glasses.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
At Disneyland Sam's my wife and I broke $400 once because we basically spent a whole day there. Some of that was food.

Our feet hurt, ok?

Sair
May 11, 2007

I doubt they did by the end.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Tiffins octopus appetizer was loving amazing. I got the wagyu strip loin and house smoked brisket. Was incredible.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Holy poo poo.

So there was a case of stroller theft at Disney Springs that got busted thanks to looking on social media. I did a double take when I looked at the mugshot.

The thief is someone we fired from the office I now manage. She's a creepy girl with a lifestyle DD/LG kink.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What’s DD and LG mean

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Empress Brosephine posted:

What’s DD and LG mean

I made the mistake of googling this. It’s just a kink but as a parent it creeps me out.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

tomapot posted:

I made the mistake of googling this. It’s just a kink but as a parent it creeps me out.

Yeah, no kidding. I'm glad that family was able to get their stuff back. Car seats and strollers are stupid expensive.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

It's one of those things where by itself it's just weird, but combined with stroller theft (complete with all the baby stuff in the stroller) it reaches new heights of bizarre.

And when I say "lifestyle" I mean "She's been seen being pushed by her boyfriend in the shopping cart at Publix, and also her boyfriend was over 20 years older than her and has a daughter the same age who looks suspiciously similar to her."

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

chitoryu12 posted:

It's one of those things where by itself it's just weird, but combined with stroller theft (complete with all the baby stuff in the stroller) it reaches new heights of bizarre.

And when I say "lifestyle" I mean "She's been seen being pushed by her boyfriend in the shopping cart at Publix, and also her boyfriend was over 20 years older than her and has a daughter the same age who looks suspiciously similar to her."

Most of them do.

I ran into a pair when I was at MK in September for MNSSHP. She was dressed as a baby and they went into the family restroom together to "help her". :gonk:

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Most of them do.

I ran into a pair when I was at MK in September for MNSSHP. She was dressed as a baby and they went into the family restroom together to "help her". :gonk:

What the fuuuuuuuuuuuck

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
When I worked for Busch Gardens there actually was a question on the test you had to take to start working that was very similar to that situation lol

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also wow

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/12/breaking-new-security-measures-walt-disney-world-hotels-not-disturb-room-signs-removed/

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Tiffins was amazing.

Why are the rose gold ears so popular? All I could find online is that they make my millennial dreams come true and they're what the people asked for.

Posting from the 3 hour flight of passage queue.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I think they're popular because they're pink. My daughter is obsessed with anything rose gold so that's why I got them for her. And they're pretty. I like pretty.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Rose gold is retail heroin for millennials.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
I like rose gold because it matches my hair

Which made me consider getting a pair, but.... I'd never wear them. so *shrug*

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

What the gently caress there is absolutely no way that’s going to go over well with people. Definitely rubs me in the worst way, the first thing I do at the resorts is stick my DND on and leave it until I’m gone.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

That's 100% going to turn into the standard for all high rise hotels that are within gunshot range of any place remotely populated though.

America: where terrorism works, even when it wasn't explicitly an act of terror.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Bottom Liner posted:

Rose gold is retail heroin for millennials.

I'm supposedly a millennial and I have never heard about this before.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Boxman posted:

That's 100% going to turn into the standard for all high rise hotels that are within gunshot range of any place remotely populated though.

America: where terrorism works, even when it wasn't explicitly an act of terror.

I’m sure it took less than a day for the Vegas shooter to prep his guns for firing. It’s not like room service is going to search all your bags right in front of you.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Boxman posted:

My initial thought was they found someone with a DND up that died and was in there a few days or something, followed by there’s been an uptick in property damage from guests. I get the Vegas shooting reasoning though.

I’m happy about daily trash service for DVC now. Let’s see how much the dues go up now

nbakyfan
Dec 19, 2005

Dren posted:

Do the gondolas allow ecvs?

Yes

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

The hotel thing also coincides with the recent news of allowing dogs in certain rooms as well.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
When will the I [orange bird] [orange swirl] hat show up on shop parks? I must have it.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

It’s in store at Disney Springs, should be on the app right?

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
It’s noon on Christmas Day, and the MDE app says there’s a 175 minute wait for Seven Dwarfs. Ugh, I don’t get it.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Lincoln posted:

It’s noon on Christmas Day, and the MDE app says there’s a 175 minute wait for Seven Dwarfs. Ugh, I don’t get it.

On Christmas Day a few years back at Universal Studios, they were pulling out office staff to help manage crowds. I wound up chatting with an accountant holding a height stick while my wife and daughter went on Jurassic Flyers. Christmas is crazy.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Lincoln posted:

Magic kingdom reached capacity at noon today!

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Open again around 5:30 I see. Good luck if you’re in the kingdom!

Looking at the app, 240m for Seven Dwarves, 275 for FOP, 165 for Navi. I’d only do Cmas if I had the bucks for the VIP experience on this day

Anya fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Dec 25, 2017

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

We ate the Christmas meal at Whispering Canyon and it was great. Turkey, ham, rib roast, and all the sides and desserts.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

I want to meet the people that look at a sign advertising a four and a half hour wait for an amusement park ride and think “okay, we’re doing this.”

I’m sure that the majority of them think it’s a two hour and change wait without thinking about how that must be impossible but there has to be someone going in with proper understanding

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
Anyone been to MK on a park closure day? would that mean that even things like Tom Sawyer are overrun with people and there is no seating for anyone? I would think you if you had multipark tickets, you would spend a couple morning hours and then just hang at the resort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Imagine fireworks crowd on main street levels but it’s the whole park and all day.