Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Yeah we're pretty much looking to be a somewhat larger Portugal going into V2 which sounds like fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Are... are we going to do march of the eagles?

Been awhile since we rolled that one out.

Has it happened even once since Azerbaijan?

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Rodyle posted:

Been awhile since we rolled that one out.

Has it happened even once since Azerbaijan?

It only really works if you have a bunch of completely insane European wars at the end of EU4 which you need to resolve, this has been a nearly perfect set up tbh.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

Rodyle posted:

Yep. I wasn't initially going to go for it, but vicky isn't the best game to represent something like the Napoleonic Tirruni Wars, and MotE is perfectly timed to come into play now. It'll also give us the opportunity to possibly have our own Congress of Vienna just before V2, and drastically redraw the borders of Europe.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
Case in point on suboptimal play: we ally Qatalun after they eat 82 AE, and then they start a war to raise it to 100. Also pretty sure they're over 100OE right now, but I'm not sure if that translates into unrest in March of the Eagles.

For those not in the know, AE(aggressive expansion) is the main mechanic that limits expansion in EU4. If it goes over 50, countries can join a coalition against you and launch a punitive war to destroy you. OE(overextension) is another of the expansion limiting mechanics. The more clay you take in a war(that isn't one of your cores) the higher it goes, and the higher the civil unrest and chance of revolts breaking out become. If you get 100 OE, a bunch of really lovely events start firing, losing you generals, advisors, monarch points, increasing unrest or autonomy in your provinces, etc, along with the now epic levels of unrest and revolt chance.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Really excited for another MotE playthrough.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Dance Officer posted:

Case in point on suboptimal play: we ally Qatalun after they eat 82 AE, and then they start a war to raise it to 100. Also pretty sure they're over 100OE right now, but I'm not sure if that translates into unrest in March of the Eagles.

I allied them because the Majlis voted to work with the Revolutionaries, and with Bavaria on the decline, Tirruni became the main revolutionary target. Also, to help them expand a bit, I gave them a bunch of claims on surrounding areas, so their AE wasn't that bad.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

our emir died humiliated and impotent, but he died in office of somewhat natural causes, which might make him one of the most successful rulers in our nation's history.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

war between egypt and morocco seems inevitable. we must hope that the moroccans are appropriately distracted for our showdown with the mahdi

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
I’m actually torn between rooting for the Islamic theocracy and the atheist revolutionaries. Something tells me that Morocco is going to wreck us for choosing the revolutionaries, but aside from that, I’m pretty proud of what the successor states of Al Andalus have done.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Hashim posted:

We still have a chance to reunite Al Andalus before Victoria 2...

The battle for Iberia will likely be a theatre of the Tirruni Wars, fought between Qadis and the Mahdiyah.

Go team Mahdiyah!

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

The only bad thing about this is having to wait until March. Congrats, Hashim, this is legitimately the coolest Mega ParaLP done in these forums.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Feeling fine. Glad plucky little Charca wasn't completely Annexed. (Anyone remember when they were a Great Power???)

I know it's a little early to ask, but who is gonna get the big USA gently caress-off bonuses in this timeline? Ibriz is the biggest (and most prominently featured in this LP) country over there, but unless I'm misremembering, Anbaila should own the actual territory that caused that immigration bonus.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Hashim posted:

I allied them because the Majlis voted to work with the Revolutionaries, and with Bavaria on the decline, Tirruni became the main revolutionary target. Also, to help them expand a bit, I gave them a bunch of claims on surrounding areas, so their AE wasn't that bad.

I really wasn't trying to claim that you were playing poorly and that's why I avoided terms like that. You're roleplaying, and I really just wanted to point out a practical difference between optimal conquer-the-world type of play, and roleplaying.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Veryslightlymad posted:

Feeling fine. Glad plucky little Charca wasn't completely Annexed. (Anyone remember when they were a Great Power???)

I know it's a little early to ask, but who is gonna get the big USA gently caress-off bonuses in this timeline? Ibriz is the biggest (and most prominently featured in this LP) country over there, but unless I'm misremembering, Anbaila should own the actual territory that caused that immigration bonus.

I'm still not sure what to do about that, because the Celtic Empire was still fighting the independence war against its colonies when EU4 ended. I'll probably link it to how they perform in MotE, so if everything goes to poo poo and France occupies all of Britain, then I'll probably have them all be independent republics in Vic2. If the Celts manage to reconquer England or something though, I'll just assume they were able to crush the independence revolt fairly quickly, and all of her colonies will still be puppet states/dominions in 1836.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Can we just remove the fuckoff huge bonuses that make no sense? I don't mean get rid of the bonus to immigrant attraction for being in the New World/Oceania, but deleting the "win game" button in the Statue of Liberty and the like should be fine.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Crazycryodude posted:

Can we just remove the fuckoff huge bonuses that make no sense? I don't mean get rid of the bonus to immigrant attraction for being in the New World/Oceania, but deleting the "win game" button in the Statue of Liberty and the like should be fine.

Oh yeah, those modifiers definitely won't be there. I was talking more about the fact that Celtic colonies will likely be republics if they gain independence, and with a few good reforms, they should be able to challenge Ibriz (which is likely going to be more autocratic, at least in the beginning) for immigration.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I was talking specifically about the land-grab event, but yeah, there's a bunch of 'em floating around

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Bold to the point of certain death.
Thanks for this Christmas present, Hashim!

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Best LP on this forum in a long time, great work Hashim.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

So it turns out March of the Eagles has an absolute fuckton of provinces:

Bonus Europe:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
I'm the 2(?) province Italy

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
Does much cultural conversion happen in EU? I'd be interested to see what the cultures of France and Britain look like. The Americas too.

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists

QuoProQuid posted:

our emir died humiliated and impotent, but he died in office of somewhat natural causes, which might make him one of the most successful rulers in our nation's history.

Without having anything amputated or mangled, either.

Mr_Autoshades
Dec 5, 2016
Can we find literally anything else to name Provence?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Mr_Autoshades posted:

When the name literally translates to 'Province', it's good to go anywhere.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

I blame this thread for people not voting for my plan in the Aurora LP. Although this one is pretty solidly entertaining so far.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Mr_Autoshades posted:

I suppose I can rename it to Italy or something, but the king of Provence only just lost his lands in Occitania, so it does make some sense to leave it as is for a little while. That said, Tirruni will probably be invading and rump-stating the rest of Italy very early in March of the Eagles (he has a bunch of land dominance objectives in Italy), and will likely set up a sister republic/puppet, so it'll definitely get a new name and government then.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

I wonder what happened to turn Provence from a merchant Republic to a monarchy. In game I assume low Republic Tradition which switched it to a Republican dictatorship and then a govt change to a monarchy (I don't know if that's possible, Ive never played a Republican dictatorship for long since it seems like the worst of both worlds) but i wonder what the narrative would be. Something like one merchant dynasty monopolizing trade until they had hegemonic levels of control over the city?

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

MinistryofLard posted:

I wonder what happened to turn Provence from a merchant Republic to a monarchy. In game I assume low Republic Tradition which switched it to a Republican dictatorship and then a govt change to a monarchy (I don't know if that's possible, Ive never played a Republican dictatorship for long since it seems like the worst of both worlds) but i wonder what the narrative would be. Something like one merchant dynasty monopolizing trade until they had hegemonic levels of control over the city?

More like one family getting elected and forcibly nominating their heir as next leader and supporting that by having the army (or the largest army of mercenaries by far) on their side.

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Chatrapati posted:

Does much cultural conversion happen in EU? I'd be interested to see what the cultures of France and Britain look like. The Americas too.

Not outside the colonial zones unless you're dead set on it or need to preempt stuff like the Dutch uprisings, as it's very expensive in the old world. Most good players rarely use it.
It's great insurance against seperatists destroying the country in case of total disaster though, so the best players I've seen, the ones that conquer multiple continents in MP games with 20+ players, use it frequently.

Hashim posted:

I suppose I can rename it to Italy or something, but the king of Provence only just lost his lands in Occitania, so it does make some sense to leave it as is for a little while. That said, Tirruni will probably be invading and rump-stating the rest of Italy very early in March of the Eagles (he has a bunch of land dominance objectives in Italy), and will likely set up a sister republic/puppet, so it'll definitely get a new name and government then.

Will force converting be an option in March of the Eagles? I imagine the consequences of forcing other nations to adopt the Cult of Reason would be rather severe... but it'll be interesting to see how far it can go. If it succeeds here it might even jump the Atlantic in HoI.

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Dec 26, 2017

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I don't think March of the Eagles cares about religion. That said religion is pretty much irrelevant in V2, unless one adds events to trigger based on it.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

RA Rx posted:

Will force converting be an option in March of the Eagles? I imagine the consequences of forcing other nations to adopt the Cult of Reason would be rather severe... but it'll be interesting to see how far it can go. If it succeeds here it might even jump the Atlantic in HoI.

Like ZearothK said, religion isn't really a thing in MotE or V2 (apart from flavour demographics, I guess). That said, if the revolutionaries do end up winning the Tirruni Wars, I'll probably give them parties with Atheism as their religious policy, and a modifier to represent the Cult of Reason.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Hashim posted:

So it turns out March of the Eagles has an absolute fuckton of provinces:

Just you wait for Hearts of Iron. :unsmigghh:

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Just you wait for Hearts of Iron. :unsmigghh:

HOI4 isn't that bad, since you assign land on the scope of states, rather than singles provinces (though you can move provinces between states, if you want). Also, I should point out that going all the way to HOI isn't set in stone, I don't want to force it or something, so I'm only going to go for it if the world at the end of vic2 is set up nicely for a massive world war.

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

Hashim posted:

HOI4 isn't that bad, since you assign land on the scope of states, rather than singles provinces (though you can move provinces between states, if you want). Also, I should point out that going all the way to HOI isn't set in stone, I don't want to force it or something, so I'm only going to go for it if the world at the end of vic2 is set up nicely for a massive world war.

I'm guessing you probably won't be playing Stellaris either, then, especially if Earth doesn't end up under one entity's control? Unless you mod up some kind of scenario with multiple human empires surrounding Earth, I guess.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Hiveminded posted:

I'm guessing you probably won't be playing Stellaris either, then, especially if Earth doesn't end up under one entity's control? Unless you mod up some kind of scenario with multiple human empires surrounding Earth, I guess.

Nah. Stellaris is alright as a standalone game, but doesn't make much sense in a mega-lp unless you conquer the entire world. And with the way things are going for al-Andalus, that isn't looking too likely.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

Hashim posted:

And with the way things are going for al-Andalus, that isn't looking too likely.

Not with that attitude :colbert:

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Planetary unification is something that explicitly happens after the game starts! :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
IIRC, Aurora lets you play with multiple polities starting on one planet.