Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Bubbacub posted:

This thread moves insanely fast, but I'd like to thank whoever suggested the Sunday School Dropouts podcast a million pages ago. It's hilarious and I'm actually learning a lot about how much hosed up poo poo is really in the bible.

http://sundayschooldropouts.lol/

Personally I will legitimately convert to whichever religion has clergy which demonstrate an ability to summon bears. :gay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Quorum posted:

Personally I will legitimately convert to whichever religion has clergy which demonstrate an ability to summon bears. :gay:

The church of Grindr?

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005
As a Jew, it bothers me how slovenly Bibi is. It just bothers me so much because he's gotta know that the apocalyptic Christians that he pays lip service to regularly use our religion's name as a verb in furtive conversation.

(I'm referring to the previous page's twitter dump).

Drewjitsu posted:

The church of Grindr?

Thread over. Seriously, shut it down.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

those fake hillary medical docs are just the nth projection example for when it comes out that trump has dementia and they can be like NO SEE IT'S OK HILLARY TOO

also that christmas video of barack hosed me up I miss having a human president and first family.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

How long has Bill Kristol been like this? I tried checking and stopped when I saw this

https://mobile.twitter.com/BillKristol/status/945087848197296128

Seeing someone on the right push against this narrative is messing with me.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

OddObserver posted:

Almost like it was posted by the same person who would promote bad Russian photoshops featuring 4km-long fighter jets!

Wait what was this? I gotta see the bad Russian photoshops

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Electric Phantasm posted:

How long has Bill Kristol been like this? I tried checking and stopped when I saw this

https://mobile.twitter.com/BillKristol/status/945087848197296128

Seeing someone on the right push against this narrative is messing with me.

bill kristol has been anti-trump since the get-go i'm pretty sure but he and frum and all the other clowns act like trump is an aberration when he's the physical embodiment of the southern strategy and decades of right wing media. they're just smart enough to know they need to get off the sinking ship.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Dec 25, 2017

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Yo just popping in to say Merry Christmas to all you goons, goonettes and poo poo posters.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Groovelord Neato posted:

bill kristol has been anti-trump since the get-go i'm pretty sure but he and frum and all the other clowns act like trump is an aberration when he's the physical embodiment of the southern strategy and decades of right wing media. they're just smart enough to know they need to get off the sinking ship.

Could've sworn he was one of those "give him a chance!" guys.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Merry christmas ya filthy animals

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Electric Phantasm posted:

Could've sworn he was one of those "give him a chance!" guys.

Nah he was vocally appalled at trump from the start

He's completely irrelevant though

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Koalas March posted:

Merry Christmas

Oh poo poo Trump is :smugissar: ing goons into saying Merry Christmas.

ZobarStyl
Oct 24, 2005

This isn't a war, it's a moider.

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

those fake hillary medical docs are just the nth projection example for when it comes out that trump has dementia and they can be like NO SEE IT'S OK HILLARY TOO
It's also quite revealing that they think Hillary is the liberal Anti-Pope/Shadow President and if they can discredit her we'll all just give up and go "oh man you got us, Trump is president." The disease of Whataboutism won't let them think about anything except how The Enemy is the real problem here, rather than a commander in chief that acts like a child.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Pththya-lyi posted:

Oh poo poo Trump is :smugissar: ing goons into saying Merry Christmas.

I say Happy Holidays but when it's Hanukkah I say Happy Hanukkah and when it's Christmas I say Merry Christmas.

Also check Negrotown tomorrow because I'm doing a write up on Kwanzaa and why it's awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlf2P1Umcc8

Koalas March fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Dec 25, 2017

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost
I rarely post in this thread, but it's been a great help over the last year-plus in keeping my sense of compassion and faith in humanity healthy and active, providing useful information (which I've often passed along to others), and generally giving me a sense that the country isn't quite entirely hosed (and might even get better!).

Thanks to all of you. Not only the hopeful and the kind and the smart and the funny, but even the assholes I have on ignore...you're human and I hope you overcome your assholery and get better.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and whatever other well-wishes that will make you happy!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

ZobarStyl posted:

It's also quite revealing that they think Hillary is the liberal Anti-Pope/Shadow President and if they can discredit her we'll all just give up and go "oh man you got us, Trump is president." The disease of Whataboutism won't let them think about anything except how The Enemy is the real problem here, rather than a commander in chief that acts like a child.

I mean it’s been a while since I read animal farm but how long did they keep demonizing Snowball after he was out of the picture

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Data Graham posted:

I mean it’s been a while since I read animal farm but how long did they keep demonizing Snowball after he was out of the picture

I vaguely recall it basically still happening on the last page.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Data Graham posted:

Snowball is forgotten along with every other element by the end as the pigs bury any revolutionary element in their embrace of humanity.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Koalas March posted:

Yo just popping in to say Merry Christmas to all you goons, goonettes and poo poo posters.

merry christ mas

here's hoping next year isnt so shite for amerigoons

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Ash Crimson posted:

merry christ mas

here's hoping next year isnt so shite for amerigoons

Oof.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Y'all bout to act like Mariah isn't old enough to be some of yalls mommas and body shame her and I am not here for that.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
My year's been bookended by the death of my father on 2 January, Donald loving Trump, moving back to Wyoming after I finished my undergrad because my cheap place to live outside of it got sold a month after finishing school, a lovely job at a mushroom farm, and my dog dying two weeks ago.

I am so ready for 2018 you have no loving idea.

But watching a total solar eclipse in my hometown in my backyard was pretty sweet.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Fluffdaddy posted:

Y'all bout to act like Mariah isn't old enough to be some of yalls mommas and body shame her and I am not here for that.

Totally sad I used the Drag Her gif in USpol now! Mariah is a drat legend and shade Queen. Even the drat Glitter soundtrack was fun.

empty whippet box posted:

Mariah is still fine as gently caress and if you disagree then maybe you should go fix your hosed up dysmorphic view of what a human body should look like.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Care to explain?

Mariah is still fine as gently caress and if you disagree then maybe you should go fix your hosed up dysmorphic view of what a human body should look like.

Star Man posted:

My year's been bookended by the death of my father on 2 January, Donald loving Trump, moving back to Wyoming after I finished my undergrad because my cheap place to live outside of it got sold a month after finishing school, a lovely job at a mushroom farm, and my dog dying two weeks ago.

I am so ready for 2018 you have no loving idea.

But watching a total solar eclipse in my hometown in my backyard was pretty sweet.

I have high hopes f0r 2018. I think it's gonna be a great year. I'm gonna lose hella weight, trump's admin will tank, the dems will take 2018 in a massive megawave, I'll write and defend my dissertation, and I'll finally have my wedding(my wife and I got married on paper last year for taxes and we haven't had our actual wedding yet because we're poor but it's gonna happen!!). And lots of other stuff. 2018 is gonna own

empty whippet box fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Dec 25, 2017

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Shifty Pony posted:

Happy Holidays :smuggo:

happy pancha ganapati :eng101:

So there's a five-day Hindu winter festival associated with Ganesh, the elephant-headed dude (and let me just say his origin story is my vote for funniest Hindu myth) that mysteriously wound up with its fifth day on December 25. I wouldn't be surprised if it started life as a solstice festival... like, you know, a lot of others, including Actual Christmas

There are some particularly Indian trappings around each day's celebration, but the principle behind each day is based on an expanding circle of love and appreciation.

Day 1 (December 21): Spend time with / be nice to your immediate family.
Day 2: Connect with your non-family immediate circle. Close friends, extended family, that sort of thing.
Day 3: Connect with your coworkers, coprofessionals, and I guess the community at large. One of Ganesh's Things is that he's the god of entrepreneurship, business, and luck (but I repeat myself). That's why a lot of people venerate him on the side, his particular portfolio is a good one to have on your side.
Day 4: Connect with the arts and creative culture. That's another thing Ganesh has his hands hooves hands in.
Day 5: Celebrate the entire world and universe, hooray.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

All Mariah Carey makes me think is that dang I am old.

Also that I hate her for singing All I Want for Christmas well enough that she gets put on repeat everywhere for all of December until someone has a psychotic break.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Koalas March posted:

Totally sad I used the Drag Her gif in USpol now! Mariah is a drat legend and shade Queen. Even the drat Glitter soundtrack was fun.

yeah man but she changed, her body different now, she's a different person

i find it difficult to accept the concept that the mariah carey of the past is the same mariah carey of the present or even the future

i guess it's like the paul mccartney/avril laveigne situation where they replaced them with someone else

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
what IS time, anyways?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

I think we can at least all agree that Ertha Kitt's Santa Baby is the best Christmas song.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Ash Crimson posted:

i find it difficult to accept the concept that the mariah carey of the past is the same mariah carey of the present or even the future

It's called aging bruh

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I know very little about Mariah Carrey but you all should watch Saved!

Edit: never mind I'm a drat idiot boy and get my pop stars mixed up. Mandy Moore is in it, not Mariah Carrey. :smithicide:

Star Man fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Dec 25, 2017

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Fluffdaddy posted:

It's called aging bruh

I don't believe in any of that, sir.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Ash Crimson posted:

i guess it's like the paul mccartney/avril laveigne situation where they replaced them with someone else

This is literally a picture from 5 days ago.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Koalas March posted:

I think we can at least all agree that Ertha Kitt's Santa Baby is the best Christmas song.

I can't agree with you here ;( It's the temptations singing silent night

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

empty whippet box posted:

I have high hopes f0r 2018. I think it's gonna be a great year. I'm gonna lose hella weight, trump's admin will tank, the dems will take 2018 in a massive megawave, I'll write and defend my dissertation, and I'll finally have my wedding(my wife and I got married on paper last year for taxes and we haven't had our actual wedding yet because we're poor but it's gonna happen!!). And lots of other stuff. 2018 is gonna own

I swear to god we need a separate D&D US political self care challenge thread. Lots of fitness goals and good things happening and requests for hope.

Merry Christmas you maniacs. The war continues apace, but today we hang out in no man’s land trading bread and playing football

E:

Koalas March posted:

Top 3 for most people, top five for everyone, for me it’s second behind Paul McCartney’s (Simply Having a) Wonderful Christmastime. Even De La could gently caress with that sample.

Your Boy Fancy fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Dec 25, 2017

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Day 1 (December 21): Spend time with / be nice to your immediate family.

I hope that’s either/or because it’s asking a lot.

Of course I suppose some families are different.

https://twitter.com/BarackObama/status/945324527520804866

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

farraday posted:

I hope that’s either/or because it’s asking a lot.

Of course I suppose some families are different.

https://twitter.com/BarackObama/status/945324527520804866

I miss them so much.

Also how long before that photo is used for an attack ad.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Fluffdaddy posted:

I can't agree with you here ;( It's the temptations singing silent night

Haha I literally almost posted that in Negrotown last night!!

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Koalas March posted:

Blue Christmas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Are those slaves in the front row?

• Locked thread