Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Big Beef City posted:

lol I love how goddamn bitter you are

It's nothing compared to the bitterness of having a bad defensive coordinator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Good Will Hrunting posted:

I had a Kringle pastry last night and idk how anyone in Wisconsin lives past 40

There's nothing worth living for in Wisconsin so this is a problem that solves itself

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa

Soothing Vapors posted:

There's nothing worth living for in Wisconsin so this is a problem that solves itself

Have lived in Wisconsin. Can confirm.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
in terms of superiority/things to do of each state with a football team in the NFC north, it's upper peninsula , Minnesota, Wisconsin, lower Michigan and Illinois dead last

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
P sure Chicago >>> just about all the other states combined

Unless you are a college kid and then maybe UWM ranks.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Another wasted elite season from Stafford. I really hope he at least gets a couple playoff wins before he does the early retirement thing.

Also Wisconsin and Minnesota are the same state

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Dexo posted:

Counterpoint: Chicago sucks major rear end.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
∆∆∆∆∆ correct

Dexo posted:

let's see. isle royale>boundary Waters>apostle islands >pictured rocks and Grand island>some nicer rivers in lower Michigan>all the nice forests in Wisconsin and the rest of Minnesota>the mediocre Shawnee stuff in southern Illinois that's as far from Chicago as apostles are

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Dec 25, 2017

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

nerve posted:

Another wasted elite season from Stafford. I really hope he at least gets a couple playoff wins before he does the early retirement thing.

Also Wisconsin and Minnesota are the same state

His entire career is going to be wasted on this stupid team.

Also all the Midwest is the same

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

mastershakeman posted:

∆∆∆∆∆ correct

let's see. isle royale>boundary Waters>apostle islands >pictured rocks and Grand island>some nicer rivers in lower Michigan>all the nice forests in Wisconsin and the rest of Minnesota>the mediocre Shawnee stuff in southern Illinois that's as far from Chicago as apostles are

The NW corner of Illinois is cool. It's not flat as the rest of the state.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
To pause my petulant shitflinging for a moment, Merry Christmas to all of you fellow NFC North posters. Hopefully we can all get all the coordinators and head coaches we want (:lol:), draft and sign all the players to fill the gaping holes in our teams (:lol:) and have a clean, injury free 2018 (:laffo:)

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Also all the Midwest is the same

No.

We live in the Great Lakes region. The Midwest is Iowa/Kansas/Missouri. There is a distinct and recognizable cultural difference crossing over from the lakes regions to the Iowa hellscape.

Merry Christmas.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Soothing Vapors posted:

Well I hope at least one baker at O & H - that’s it right? - lives to see another holiday because I’m ordering the gently caress out of Kringles. We don’t have poo poo like that in NY. We’ve got 5 million lovely artisan pies that are $60 each though!!!!

Merry Christmas. Good luck Vikes. Please beat Seattle.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
I work in the Racine area and kringled myself out with like a month

frunksock
Feb 21, 2002

Minnesota and Wisconsin are the same except Minneapolis is way better than Milwaukee and Minnesota doesn't have a historically important party college town like Madison. Also Wisconsin has a discipline problem, must be why we beat you at football nearly half the time.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
Minneapolis is cool. There are a lot of pretty places in other parts of the state. I once went to a reggae festival in Duluth.

That being said, gently caress the Midwest I’m never moving back.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

iospace posted:

The NW corner of Illinois is cool. It's not flat as the rest of the state.

yeah that's where I'm from (farm northwest of Rockford where there's hills) but it's nowhere as nice as driftless Wisconsin or anything near lake Superior or even the cool dunes up by traverse city

MSP seems like the perfect Midwest city to be honest

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

for some reason my girlfriend really wanted to go to the wis dels. she's also the only person i know who weights 90 lbs and has diabetes. so my entire knowledge of the state of wisconsin is contained in this story.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

rabidsquid posted:

for some reason my girlfriend really wanted to go to the wis dels. she's also the only person i know who weights 90 lbs and has diabetes. so my entire knowledge of the state of wisconsin is contained in this story.

that’s probably type 1, where your body just naturally doesn’t produce enough insulin, and not type 2, the type you get from being really fat and your body no longer responding to insulin

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Zoran posted:

that’s probably type 1, where your body just naturally doesn’t produce enough insulin, and not type 2, the type you get from being really fat and your body no longer responding to insulin

Also the type of Diabetes Cutler has.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

CherryCola posted:

Minneapolis is cool. There are a lot of pretty places in other parts of the state. I once went to a reggae festival in Duluth.

That being said, gently caress the Midwest I’m never moving back.

I used to think I’d move back to Minneapolis but then I married someone from LA and there is no chance I’d be able to convince her to deal with the weather

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa

Adun posted:

I used to think I’d move back to Minneapolis but then I married someone from LA and there is no chance I’d be able to convince her to deal with the weather

I was born in Minnesota because my dad left LA to work some circuit board job. I don’t recommend it.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
I can't believe the Lions signed and played Don Barclay. You poor poor bastards.

Also, the Midwest is a great place to be from, but not necessarily to be. Good disc golfing tho.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Check out my Christmas gift!

Gonna see if I can get him to sign it this summer at training camp.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

SKULL.GIF posted:

As a child of the 80s in South Georgia (basically north Florida) my immediate reaction will always be "gently caress Martinez!"

https://youtu.be/eQBjQs07wbw

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

SKULL.GIF posted:

Gonna see if I can get him to sign it this summer at training camp.

I think Martinez could be good for a while. Good jersey choice by whoever bought it.

I need an away jersey. I kind of want a HaHa jersey because Clinton-Dix is probably really bizarre to people who don't watch football.

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

As a Vikings fan I've supported the Bradford trade since day one, but it's REALLY starting to look brilliant now.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

unl33t posted:

As a Vikings fan I've supported the Bradford trade since day one, but it's REALLY starting to look brilliant now.

As it cleared the way for Case?

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Eagles looked like trash. Feeling good heading into the playoffs. Thinking MIN will put up a 21 point first half lead on Chicago, sit starters second half, then nearly give game away :)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

CharlestheHammer posted:

Foles was looking a little gimpy near the end of the game. Or at least I assume that's why.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

IcePhoenix posted:

Foles was looking a little gimpy near the end of the game. Or at least I assume that's why.

I guess but now of all times is a weird one to talk about how great an expensive trade for a player who isn't playing is weird.

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yes, I think the Eagles would be far more dangerous with Bradford under center than Foles... Not sure how that's an out of left field take, but it is what I am asserting.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
probably cause the Vikings trade for Bradford is thoroughly disconnected from the current situation. it’s highly unlikely the Eagles would have held on to Bradford for this season had they not already traded him.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

The X-man cometh posted:

Vikings-Bills can still happen, too.
But it won't because the Bills benched Tyrod and they're going to miss the playoffs because of that loss.

While there is a certain appeal to the possibility of Vikings/Bills (the 0-4 bowl!) I just feel like the Jaguars are a lot more realistic of a choice. If they get their poo poo together the Jaguars might have an actual chance against the Steelers/Patriots while the rest of the AFC just doesn't.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

schweens posted:

I think Martinez could be good for a while. Good jersey choice by whoever bought it.

I need an away jersey. I kind of want a HaHa jersey because Clinton-Dix is probably really bizarre to people who don't watch football.

My white away jerseys are Clay Matthews and Charles Woodson. I still wear them both somewhat frequently. The one away jersey I have that I don't wear anymore is Greg Jennings, after how he left the team and talked ten tons of poo poo about the Packers on his way out the door.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Fenrir posted:

My white away jerseys are Clay Matthews and Charles Woodson. I still wear them both somewhat frequently. The one away jersey I have that I don't wear anymore is Greg Jennings, after how he left the team and talked ten tons of poo poo about the Packers on his way out the door.

my Lions jerseys are a Charles Rogers home jersey, Roy Williams road jersey and a Calvin Johnson home jersey, and until I got the last I thought I was cursing whoever's jersey I'd bought

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I've got Jared Allen and Bridgewater home with Adrian Peterson away.

I only wear my Bridgewater as the Allen one is old and falling apart and, well, I'm not wearing my AP jersey anymore.

I think I might buy a Diggs, Thielen, or Rhodes color rush though.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I have a...

:sigh:

Home Calvin Johnson jersey.

I have not found much reason to wear it the past couple years.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
its best not to own a single piece of team apparel let alone jerseys. even wearing team colors is a bit silly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

mastershakeman posted:

its best not to own a single piece of team apparel let alone jerseys. even wearing team colors is a bit silly

thats why the only clothes i own are that super black that costs ten thousand dollars. i will NOT wear a sports teams colors.

• Locked thread