Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Both Hanzo's Q and W accurately replicate my Overwatch experience of not being able to hit poo poo. Good job, HotS team :unsmith:

Also the talent that automatically mounts you after jumping is hilarious with the piggy bank mount. Nothing like riding a sped up hog to get the hell out of dodge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Hanzo's fun. Scatter arrow actually works much much better in a 2D game than a 3D one.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Gobbeldygook posted:

Your goal is 100 stacks by level 10 so you can reliably R-Q a wave, dramatically increasing your stack rate. Tell your teammates you're going TfB so they'll soften up waves for you (your ideal assistant is a tank or support with aoe like Johanna or Tassadar) or at least not gently caress with waves you're softening up. Here's chu8 playing TfB azmo.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YlxnirIn7FU
This idiot right here hadn't played TfB azmo since the patch and spread #FakeNews. Minion's got an undocumented 10% health buff in the last patch, so Azmo needs more levels and stacks than he did in that Chu8 video to R+Q a wave. Sad!

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Gobbeldygook posted:

This idiot right here hadn't played TfB azmo since the patch and spread #FakeNews. Minion's got an undocumented 10% health buff in the last patch, so Azmo needs more levels and stacks than he did in that Chu8 video to R+Q a wave. Sad!

Yeah. The health/damage buff on minions is making this a lot harder, but I'm getting better slowly with practice.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

dear friends: please do not walk into incredibly tiny spaces to pursue a hanzo and then wonder why

A) your health disappeared (because you got clusterfucked by scatter arrow)
B) hanzo went missing immediately afterwards (because his trait allows him to hop over walls)

you are perpetrating the rumor that hanzo is good by doing this and you should feel bad about it

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The two highest win rate characters since the last patch are sergeant hammer and d va.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

And so the "tiny woman in a big machine" meta begins

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.
Did they patch out the "ALT +leftclick" missing call again? Pings right through the portrait at the top of the screens since today when I tried

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

No Wave posted:

The two highest win rate characters since the last patch are sergeant hammer and d va.

Where are you getting these numbers from because I'm p sure #1 with an exclamation point is Nova?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
How come Overwatch got free loot boxes and we didn't?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Charles Bukowski posted:

Because Heroes is free and Overwatch isn't.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

skipThings posted:

Did they patch out the "ALT +leftclick" missing call again? Pings right through the portrait at the top of the screens since today when I tried

Yeah, it was removed in the latest hot fix because it led to some UI error I can’t remember. It will probably be patched in later on I guess.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Charles Bukowski posted:

I paid money to play overwatch, loot boxes should be easier to get

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Do TLV ever go on sale?

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Just checking to make sure I haven’t gone crazy but Valla should be going Q build on BOE and not AA right?

tcjimbo
May 15, 2008

This is Jimbo!
Hey-hey, man!
We got this!
It'd probably work better, sure.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

beejay posted:

Just checking to make sure I haven’t gone crazy but Valla should be going Q build on BOE and not AA right?

Yeah, I believe so, considering that the Rancor build doesn't really come online hard until you actually get Rancor at 20, while Hungering Arrow build gets everything you need for immortal shredding once you get Repeating arrow at 7 and have completed the quest at 4. It's also way safer, even if they're sitting there guarding it you're still gonna get huge chunks of immo damage out dropping an arrow and running.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Toshimo posted:

Where are you getting these numbers from because I'm p sure #1 with an exclamation point is Nova?
"Last 7 Days (current build)" at the hotdogs.biz

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

Erdricks posted:

Do TLV ever go on sale?

Virtually never.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

They went on sale at some point in the past year. Heroes only go on sale about once a year (maybe more like 1.5 times a year) but it'll happen again eventually.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

beejay posted:

valla should never go AA build

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Polio Vax Scene posted:

valla should never go AA build

Unironically agree with this. I understand the fundamentals of the AA build and I've even had players who I regard as top quality advocate it's strengths to me; however, I just don't see the game conditions unfolding often to allow it to be successful. The times I've tried it, I haven't been able to optimally stay in fights to maximize it. I think Valla is much better constantly moving and weaving abilities. I've had much better success and performance numbers either going W-focused or Q-focused build orders depending on whether I think there's gonna be a lot more clustered team fights (prefer W-build) or small skirmish fights (prefer Q build).

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

You usually take Q on BoE because the level 1 + 4 + 7 Q talents makes Q E Q do literally five thousand damage to the immortal late game.

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006
Just always take the Q build.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

If you want to play AA Valla, play Zul'jin. :shrug:

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Kith posted:

If you want to play AA Valla, play Zul'jin. :shrug:

Not the same thing.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Kith posted:

If you want to play AA Valla, play Zul'jin Lunara

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Yeah I dunno just had a lot of first pick vallas on boe lately and I think “great” and then they go AA and never attack the immortal. I just don’t get it.

Good Canadian Boy
May 12, 2013

If you are on BoE always go Q build. Auto attack build has its place and can be quite powerful. Zul'jin is not the same. He lacks a CC ult and an escape. Lunara is also not the same for obvious reasons.

Go auto attack build if you can't touch the back line and your key to success is killing a front liner.

Q build is best for ganks, multishot build is the most Meh to me and honestly a better comparison for the 'then just go lunara' argument.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I just had a hanjo get mvp for nothing. He was crap all game and even the vmp screen didn't have anything for him. Not just "20% hero damage" or something. Literally blank. But still MVP. gently caress THIS poo poo.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

The true hanjo experience.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
This is Jimmy

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Good Canadian Boy posted:

Zul'jin is not the same. He lacks a CC ult and an escape.

My point was that Zul'jin is way loving better at raw AA performance, even if he's caster build.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

"guys we're losing because we have no dps"

*says twin blades varian

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

beejay posted:

Yeah I dunno just had a lot of first pick vallas on boe lately and I think “great” and then they go AA and never attack the immortal. I just don’t get it.

They know that the meta says you pick Valla for the immortal, but they don't understand why you would ever build around a skill shot for damage because they're bad and miss them often enough that they only trust AA damage. It's The Worst.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

just played a BoE game where the other team picked valla so we banned lili. previous game enemy picks valla we ban jo. the key to victory is banning the counters your team may want to pick.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

in my experience if I first pick lili or johanna the other team will pick valla and illidan

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Three more heroes to 5 today, playing as a newbie newb with two other friends.

Thrall - Only won two of the six games. I typically went for a windfury build. He feels like he does good damage close up, but I find close up to be a dangerous place for his somewhat squishy rear end to be. Chain lightning eventually seems like it gets some punch, and I do like that his feral spirit can root. Overall though I had a hard time with him, and didn't find him to work well for me, as evidenced by my 33% win rate. Going into his prime damage melee range often resulted in him exploding. It isn't like he is particularly mobile, or particularly resilient.

Johanna - Won four of the six games, so definitely an improvement over Thrall. I was going for a shield glare build, with the blessed shield ult. I definitely found her very tanky, with her tier 1 heal skill and shield. I did a lot of shield glaring, and managed to pull off a few good shield throw stuns in team fights. Overall I liked her, but I still I find I like tanks that focus more on peel. Diablo is probably my favorite, but I am also a fan of ETC, Stitches, and so on.

Valla - Won three of the six games. She definitely pumps out the damage, but is far squishier than all of the warriors I am so fond of playing. I mainly went for a hungering arrow build, which I found fun to use. Amusing to q, vault, and q again to put on the damage. Seems very effective vs map bosses and such too. Overall I liked her, and would pick her over Thrall. I felt like I had an easier time doing my job with her, as she has the tools to do the damage at range, where my Thrall tended to explode if I closed in.

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Dec 27, 2017

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Filthy Monkey posted:

Thrall - Only won two of the six games. I typically went for a windfury build. He feels like he does good damage close up, but I find close up to be a dangerous place for his somewhat squishy rear end to be. Chain lightning eventually seems like it gets some punch, and I do like that his feral spirit can root. Overall though I had a hard time with him, and didn't find him to work well for me, as evidenced by my 33% win rate with him. I just felt like I had a hard time being in place to put in the hurt without exploding.

Windfury build is definitely not the way to go in most circumstances, since making the most out of it puts you in the most danger. What you're really looking for with Thrall is a build that either stacks his passive constantly to survive through anything or a build that spams enough spells inbetween auto-attacks to get the most out of Follow Through for lots of burst. Or a little of both. Some of the Windfury talents work for that, but they compete with other really, really good ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

AlmightyBob posted:

in my experience if I first pick lili or johanna the other team will pick valla and illidan

I just did this and I swear to god they picked valla right after.