Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Made some classic banana pudding and a blueberry pie. I bake a lot but I forget how good the simple stuff can be sometimes. Southern banana pudding with meringue is so stupidly delicious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

dog going apeshit with one of those wireframe soccer ball things after a 6 mile walk and playing fetch with the tennis ball

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i think i knocked it out of the park with the ham sauce. http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/raisin-honey-mustard-sauce-for-ham-23159 used this but cooked the raisins and garlic confit and used the immersion blender on it at the end. it's got insane depth with the red wine vinegar and smoked paprika. some black pepper or horseradish would be good in it too but my family is a bunch of sissy babies and i even cut back on the ginger

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Blitz7x posted:

My FIL is in the yard swinging his new replica whatever sword Aragorn had but somehow its endearing because he's such a genuine dude

Buy your FIL a forums account

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Joey Freshwater posted:

So Maggie was out running around outside, since we’re at the Cabin I just let her go do whatever for a while and she checks in every once in a while. She came back a few minutes ago and I just heard this loud *THUD*.

This is what she came back with

A very good, ambitious dog

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Since my inlaws immediate family is now huge, we just do a Secret Santa. My FIL got me an awesome gift. In Panama, there was no real public bus system until a few years ago. Instead they took old school buses and would repaint them with crazy artwork that would identify the driver/route. Since a lot of them had red as the main color, they were called Diablo Rojos. When they modernized the public transit system, they tried to do away with them, there was even a Diablo Rojo graveyard. Some people saw them like some see street graffiti, as a culturally significant form of art. Anyways, they just released a coffee table book about the history and such of the Diablos Rojos.

swickles fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Dec 25, 2017

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Happy Xmas TFF Goons!

I’m such an old man. First year I’ve had a beard and I got a mustache trimmer and I’m super stoked.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
I got slippers, homemade pajama pants with one reverse pocket so my phone doesn't fall out when. I sit down and a tumbler etched with a map of my neighborhood and it was great.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
We did Secret Santa too since we're traveling as a family. My mom got me a journal even though I've been trying and failing to keep a journal for over a decade. She got me some other cool poo poo too (including a bottle of clear hot sauce!) but I have a huge stack of empty journals and notebooks at home already lol

Thaddius the Large posted:

Courtesy of https://www.amazingribs.com I love his stuff. His South Carolina mustard sauce is my personal favorite, but this East Carolina vinegar sauce has been tried and enjoyed too. Definitely pure vinegar and pepper, but in a good way, just mix and refrigerate for at least 12 hours (I’d give it 48 or more) to meld.

1 1/2 cups of distilled white vinegar
1 teaspoon hot sauce
2 tablespoons sugar (white, light brown, or dark brown)
1 tablespoon salt
2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
2 teaspoons finely ground black pepper

drat that sounds good. Wanna soak a big wad of meat in that sauce.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Merry Christmas ya filthy animals. I got a kickass cocktail book, a bunch of under armours and a set of bluetooth over ear headphones among other miscellany.

I had my Christmas linguica too so I'm a happy camper :)

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

The Glumslinger posted:

Buy your FIL a forums account

Our Dragonlance discussion is not up to par

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Merry Christmas all.

Little late, but if you want a stupid easy sauce for ham mix equal parts Heinz 57 and honey. Heat, mix, and serve. It is super good.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I got some Star Wars T-shirt's and socks, a staple gun, a bottle of whiskey and some glasses. My wife got me an awesome copy of my favorite comic ever - Fantastic Four Annual 3 (the wedding of Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Woman). And of course...Trypticon.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Was snow shoveling my drive way because it snowed all night like it’s actually winter and the neighbor teen came over and helped then he gave me smoked salmon he caught the day before and just finished smoking and I gave him a plate full of random weird baked goods. Xmas spirit owns y’all

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Got a mandoline and a stick blender, gonna make hassleback potatoes au gratin and green bean casserole to go with the Christmas ham while wasted. Wheeeee

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Finally getting to watch Die Hard

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
A Charlie Brown Christmas is the most overrated holiday special of all.

Muppets have the best version of a Christmas Carol.

These are my Christmas thoughts.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I got a new knife set (from parents), an instant pot (from brother), and a Nintendo Switch (from girlfriend) for Christmas. Great year.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I got a router because my family gave up on buying me gifts loooooong ago.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I got a cast iron Dutch oven, I’m so super stoked for next summer’s camping trips. A Dutch oven was a staple of childhood camping and rafting trips, and I’ve been hugely remiss in not picking one up yet.

Blitz7x posted:

Our Dragonlance discussion is not up to par

Is it a hot take to say I never could understand why Dragonlance was ever popular? I haven’t read them since high school, and am certainly not about to change that, but I recall them being pretty terrible, everything of interest happened off-screen/page.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
I got nothing cause we're Jewish :jewish:

We just get to eat food and watch TV :buddy:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The Glumslinger posted:

We just get to eat food and watch TV :buddy:

Did you get Chinese food?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I got a Batman hoodie and I’m totally happy with that. Haven’t gotten that many gifts since I was 20 but I roll with it because as a kid holy poo poo was I a brat so I try my best to give back. Gave my friend a switch for Xmas cuz they been real good friends to me (also had some bonus left over :v: ) Though my little black cuddle of death (cat)we adopted after Thanksgiving has kept my spirits up after long hours of work so I say she’s like my waaay way before Xmas gift.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Dec 25, 2017

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

FizFashizzle posted:

Did you get Chinese food?

Twice in the last 3 nights

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

I got a cast iron Dutch oven, I’m so super stoked for next summer’s camping trips. A Dutch oven was a staple of childhood camping and rafting trips, and I’ve been hugely remiss in not picking one up yet.

Is it a hot take to say I never could understand why Dragonlance was ever popular? I haven’t read them since high school, and am certainly not about to change that, but I recall them being pretty terrible, everything of interest happened off-screen/page.

1: somebody gonna make some Apple Betty

2: Dragonlance (thank you autocorrect after 3 letters) was the big D&D franchise in the late 80s and 90s, right in our wheel house.

3: Subjecting my family to Pretty Good by Jon Bois

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Dec 25, 2017

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

The Glumslinger posted:

Yeah, but what did you annex from your neighbors?

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

I loved dragonlance as a kid/teenager but I'm under no illusions to the quality of the writing. Some were written to be straight up D&D adventures which were fun.

Got an immersion blender, some books including a dumpling recipe book, and Zelda for the switch. Solid year

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

CannonFodder posted:

1: somebody gonna make some Apple Betty

2: Dragonlance (thank you autocorrect after 3 letters) was the big D&D franchise in the late 80s and 90s, right in our wheel house.

I had the Drizzt books for that, which is why I’ll never judge teens for sparkly vampires or whatever the hell else they’re into these days.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

CannonFodder posted:

Got a mandoline and a stick blender, gonna make hassleback potatoes au gratin and green bean casserole to go with the Christmas ham while wasted. Wheeeee

I got a mandolin too and I'm loving pumped

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The Glumslinger posted:

Twice in the last 3 nights

I thought you gave and received stuff over a bunch of days?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

It is but Michael Caine's singing is p bad in that movie.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

BlindSite posted:

I thought you gave and received stuff over a bunch of days?

It's never been a huge thing in my family, plus it ended early last week.

Though we are very big fans of all of the traditional fried foods :randstare:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I had my nap and am ready to go round two with some pie.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

The Big Jesus posted:

I got a mandolin too and I'm loving pumped

Be careful. Those fuckers are amazing and dangerous. Cut my finger to the bone using mine the first time.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I got to play with 8 week old pitbull puppies my cousins were fostering. Best Christmas ever.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

A Charlie Brown Christmas is the most overrated holiday special of all.

These are my Christmas thoughts.

Well said.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

No presents this year. We're avoiding the giant family gathering for a small one with just the immediate family. Quite nice. :)

Merry Christmas, y'all!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The Glumslinger posted:

It's never been a huge thing in my family, plus it ended early last week.

Though we are very big fans of all of the traditional fried foods :randstare:

I love how christmas became an unofficial "jewish people get chinese food" holiday.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

FizFashizzle posted:

I love how christmas became an unofficial "jewish people get chinese food" holiday.

It's the only thing that's consistently open

Though, we did Thai food last year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

I gave him a Kindle loaded with the Song of Ice and Fire books but he just reread the Dragonlance novels so

• Locked thread