Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Lang owns and it sucks he's only in 2 cases. Same goes for Badd, but I think it's more understandable in his case.

Yew is also a very good and cool villain and it's really strange that they're not the final boss and the case keeps going for another couple of hours with a boring guy who hasn't actually mattered until now.

The new central characters AAI introduces are all very solid and they should've gotten more stuff to do.

Honestly, I love the final boss. I was not expecting the little old dude with a stick to suddenly stand up straight, revealing a chest full of goddamn medals and a really good theme to start playing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWu-P1FAIP4

AAI is a good game and I should really play AAI2.

Jetamo fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Dec 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

AAI having basically Advance Wars music for all of its character themes (particularly Badd) was fun.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

chumbler posted:

AAI having basically Advance Wars music for all of its character themes (particularly Badd) was fun.

I like the cornered theme a lot in that game

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAtJnMEUkQs

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The worst thing about AAI is that Oldbag is in it.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

AAI had really bad cross-examination music aside from Presto

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
After a year, I finally played and finished AA6. I'm glad I did
It had some amazing moments.

This moment in case 5 had me laughing for a few minutes.

:allears:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/Siliconera/status/944258512351145984

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

That's a hosed up way to post that since I scroll down and see the image first and for a crazy moment thought we were getting an official english release :argh:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

No way is Capcom going through the effort to translate an entire game for a phone port.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

A phone port is step one. Then 3DS, then we cry.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Ace Attorney Investigations Collection for Switch.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Waffleman_ posted:

Ace Attorney Investigations Collection for Switch.

Yes, please.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I'm still waiting for Steam ports. If 999 can be ported off the DS, any VN can. :colbert:

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
I will never not be astounded that Capcom hasn't just given the fan translators the money and localized the most demanded game of the series. The hard work was already done for them. Just give us the drat thing already.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

I will never not be astounded that Capcom hasn't just given the fan translators the money and localized the most demanded game of the series. The hard work was already done for them. Just give us the drat thing already.

Because there's no way to do that without it being incredibly dicey legally.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
It's happened before.

https://legendsoflocalization.com/these-fan-translations-became-official-translations/

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The work on the AAI2 translation was this vast sprawling conglomeration of people. I can't imagine a company like Capcom wanting to take the risk of someone feeling they got slighted.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Not only that, but every avenue we communicated through is gone now, unless the heads kept some contact data on record. We were basically squatting on the Court Records forums' old software.

And fuckin' you KNOOOOOOOW I want my 50 bucks.

Additionally, the fan translation involved a good deal of graphic editing, and with the redone graphics, they'd have to redo those.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Has anybody checked out the Berry Big Circus yet? I'm going tomorrow with a couple friends. I hear their magician can actually fly!

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

I thought they had a lion. It could have chomped the head off that horrible clown. It was like he first heard rumours of what a joke is five minutes before he started. Ugh.

I guess the rest of the show was good, but that loving clown hurt me.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
With all this stuff in the news about entertainment people creeping on women, I hope this circus has none of that...

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
idk i got some predatory vibes from that ben fella, he seems like the kind of guy who would propose to a fourteen-year-old

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
I'm sure the ringmaster will keep that ben fella in line.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I hope everyone in this circus is murdered in a completely avoidable way for really stupid reasons.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
It's kind of sad that whenever I see a bunch of new posts in this thread my immediate assumption isn't that there's a new game, or even a new player discovering the existing games; it's that we've caught up with the future again.

We need more games.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

havenwaters posted:

Welp.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

havenwaters posted:

You just had to go and jinx it, didn't you.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
gently caress

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004
I'll bet it was that poser Galactica ! Never liked the guy.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i heard max galactica is just some hick from arkansas and he isn't even gay

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
Not for nothing, but whatever happened to that hotshot prosecutor, Miles Edgeworth? Seems like it's been a while since I've seen his name in the news.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

He disappeared after they got the Chief of Police in February. From what I've heard, he killed himself.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

It sure sounds like he did. Left a suicide note on his desk and everything! :ohdear:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Christ. Well, at least that magician guy will see justice tomorrow. I hear Manfred's daughter will prosecute him, and there's no way Wright will defend such a fiend, so that's settled.

On more positive news, the scans for next year's Samurai series leaked! The Nickel Samurai is going to be about three brothers and I am so glad we are moving back to a more serious tone than what TPP:WoLOT was pushing.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I swear though, these prosecutors are getting younger and younger.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I know social media has been going on about it, but personally I think whipping defense attorneys is more than they deserve

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Word through the grapevine is that Mueller is floating von Karma to lead the prosecution team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Wait how the gently caress is the Berry Big Circus still around but not Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey?

What the gently caress is this poo poo