Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I have far, far, far too much to catch up on before the end of the year.

So of course I just started Wormwood.

drat this is some interesting poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Netflix has also produced a companion podcast for it.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Wheat Loaf posted:

Shoot 'Em Up

Absolutely.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

No other movie has a bit where Clive Owen has a gun fight while he's having sex with Monica Belluci.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Drive Angry 3D comes reeeeeeal loving close, though.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Drive Angry 3D comes reeeeeeal loving close, though.

That and MY BLOODY VALENTINE are the best 3D experiences I've had at the movies. gently caress this AVATAR nonsense.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Merry Christmas TV/IV.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
when will people on survivor figure out that you always vote out the skinny little white boy first because they are the biggest threats in every season

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I've never watched Friends and just binged its first season. Loving the chemistry but it's not as funny as I expected. Some of those Chandler zingers are really weak.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I'm on episode one of season two, what happened to everybody's hair

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

During the later seasons each episode of Friends cost over $10 million each.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mu Zeta posted:

You would think they would've made a better show if they were spending that much on it.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Mu Zeta posted:

Sure, though the main cast were getting paid $1 million per episode by then, so that probably would have accounted for most of it.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Oh how many times I have pretended to be ok with watching Friends because of a girl.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Friends has some good bits like Ross stealing all the travel size toiletries from hotels and Ross being infuriated by his sandwich full of Thanksgiving leftovers being eaten by somebody else after he brought it to work and being unable to let it go, but mostly the series is lame.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

muscles like this! posted:

Merry Christmas TV/IV.

there’s no slash in the name

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Friends sucks because they never killed off Phoebe.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Friends sucks because they never killed off Ross.

Fixed it for ya

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Friends sucks because they never killed off Joey after they made him mentally handicapped instead of just ditzy.

e:

friends actually rules tho

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Friends bad.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Friends? More like FRAUDS.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I liked Friends when I was in school. I'd probably not like it if I tried going back to it.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

FYI is currently airing the two Amy's Baking Company episodes of Kitchen Nightmares.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

less laughter posted:

there’s no slash in the name

And yet there's so much slash to be had.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i swear it used to be TV/IV

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

i swear it used to be TV/IV

There's no way it didn't, but if you ask me when, in the last decade, it changed, I could not tell you.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
TY to everyone who encouraged me to watch Black Sails. Binged the entire thing and holy crap the show is great. Fantastic ending, too. Gonna have to read Treasure Island now, it's been a real long time since I picked that one up.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Second season of Travelers is on Netflix (finally) and for those who aren't Canadian episode 7 is probably their best to date.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

nate fisher posted:

I’ve been trying to get people to watch Patriot. During one of my conversations pushing the show the question of what is the most criminally under watched and under appreciated show since 2000 came up. My first thought was Halt & Catch Fire, but critics seem to end up giving the show its proper due (it has made several top 10 lists over the years). Now I think it has to be David Simon’s Treme. Great acting, music, and writing, but it has been pretty much forgotten. Any thoughts or other shows you can think of that have been lost in this now platinum age of TV?

Better. Off. Ted.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

precision posted:

he reminded me of Bubbles from Trailer Park Boys

I didn't think the character did but there were a few scenes, particularly when driving, that he just gave pure Bubbles face to the point where I had to go online to figure out if Edgerton was the actor who played Bubbles.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I'm watching Friends and I'm on the early episode where Ross breaks up with Julie to go out with Rachel and god that pisses me off. Why are we supposed to cheer for these idiots.

e: Ok she ditched him because he had a list, this sucks rear end

Vegetable fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Dec 26, 2017

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
I’m not even sure you’re at peak Friends yet.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

If that bothers you about Friends then you're not gong to like the rest of it either. Everyone only gets stupider and more jerky.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I was never much of a Friends fan although I feel like I watched a lot of it and enjoyed it fine. I don't think I ever was engaged with Ross and Rachel though and it was more about the Chandler/Joey and Monica/Rachel stuff. I think.

I don't know, I can never really figure out why or when I watched as much Friends as I did. I'm guessing syndication.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Vegetable posted:

I'm watching Friends and I'm on the early episode where Ross breaks up with Julie to go out with Rachel and god that pisses me off. Why are we supposed to cheer for these idiots.

e: Ok she ditched him because he had a list, this sucks rear end

lmaoooo just keep going it gets better. really improves in the later seasons

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Zachack posted:

I didn't think the character did but there were a few scenes, particularly when driving, that he just gave pure Bubbles face to the point where I had to go online to figure out if Edgerton was the actor who played Bubbles.

Yep, nailed it, that's what I meant. It was uncanny. Edgerton and Smith had amazing chemistry.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

She's not Rachem

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

STAC Goat posted:

I was never much of a Friends fan although I feel like I watched a lot of it and enjoyed it fine. I don't think I ever was engaged with Ross and Rachel though and it was more about the Chandler/Joey and Monica/Rachel stuff. I think.

I don't know, I can never really figure out why or when I watched as much Friends as I did. I'm guessing syndication.

Everyone watched it back in the day. Same with Seinfeld. Friends has held up way better than Seinfeld though.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

IRQ posted:

Friends has held up way better than Seinfeld though.

:confused: to me this is as weird as saying that Shakespeare In Love has held up better than Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I've never understood why so many people who love shows like Seinfeld and Always Sunny struggle with accepting that the people on Friends are supposed to be terrible people.

• Locked thread