Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
LLJK community has people in it. I've seen them! Honest!

D. Ebdrup posted:

Joke's on you, because the rumours of discos death were greatly exaggerated, even in America, and there's plenty of new disco music being made and published.

Bruno Mars makes a killing on disco, year-in, year-out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

D. Ebdrup posted:

Joke's on you, because the rumours of discos death were greatly exaggerated, even in America, and there's plenty of new disco music being made and published.

I think it's safe to say we're all waiting for Carly's next album to drop.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I have legendary boots of something or other that gives me +254% to my main RMB skill, which is easily my highest damage output per spirit spent. However, I got them around level 24, so they're lagging far, far behind in terms of other stats. Is there any way to upgrade them to reroll defense and +dex while keeping that sweet +skill damage?

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004
Just wear whatever until you hit 70 and get real gear. If the legendary has a useful skill you can cube it or just salvage for the forgotten soul.

mewse
May 2, 2006

sector_corrector posted:

I have legendary boots of something or other that gives me +254% to my main RMB skill, which is easily my highest damage output per spirit spent. However, I got them around level 24, so they're lagging far, far behind in terms of other stats. Is there any way to upgrade them to reroll defense and +dex while keeping that sweet +skill damage?

Rivera Dancers, right? Just keep wearing them til 70 then extract their power into the cube. There's no way to reroll them as a higher level item.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
No.

Basically, and this is a lot of what the game is all about once you hit 70 and have acquired the actual items you need, you reroll your items until it has every stat you want, perhaps minus 1. You do it through Kanai's cube (to reroll the legendary itself) or you can try to farm/gamble for it as a random drop.

When there is just ONE stat that's not what you want, you can change it at the mystic, but you can only choose to reroll one affix per item.

What this means is a lot of the game is spent looking for an item with the exact stats you want, or close to it, so that you can min/max your items for your build. So for example if your gloves have +vitality and +attack speed but your build revolves around casting spells as a glass cannon, you don't need the vitality or attack speed, so one goal you'll have is to replace those gloves with something better (e.g. +int, +crit hit chance, +crit hit damage, +something else actually useful).

Different armor slots have different affixes they can and cannot roll (barring a few legendaries that can have affixes in slots that don't normally have it) so it's important to get your stats on the right armor pieces. Another common example is jewelry, where they MUST have a socket at 70 to put in legendary gems, so for the amulet, you basically almost always want +main stat, +crit chance, +crit damage, socket. If you don't have at least 3/4 (or one of them rolls very low) then you'll be trying to replace that with a piece with the right affixes.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've been 70 for a bit, and have done a few rifts or whatever, but I'm trying to finish out the campaign before I focus on them entirely. When you say cube the boots (Rivera Dancer is the name, thanks), do you mean put it into Kanai's cube and then do... something?

edit: Ah, looking at the wiki, it seems like I put the boots in, hit 'transmute', and can then apply the damage and speed bonus to myself at will. Thanks!

sector_corrector fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Dec 21, 2017

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

I've been 70 for a bit, and have done a few rifts or whatever, but I'm trying to finish out the campaign before I focus on them entirely. When you say cube the boots (Rivera Dancer is the name, thanks), do you mean put it into Kanai's cube and then do... something?

the first function of the cube (you need the mats from running bounties to do it) is to hold abilities from magical weapons and armor. your character gets three "slots" for skills that you don't have to have on items that you're carrying. "cubing" an ability destroys the weapon.

mewse
May 2, 2006

sector_corrector posted:

You can use Kanai's cube to apply three legendary powers without having the legendary equipped, one from weapon, armor, and jewelry categories. Before you can choose those legendary powers you need to extract them from an item using the "extract legendary power" cube recipe (legendary item, 1 of each bounty mat, 5 deathes breathes).

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Gotcha. Looks like I need to start doing more bounties.

That is a pretty cool system, though. It's a nice way to resolve the problem of legendaries that get quickly outpaced.

mewse
May 2, 2006

The challenge rift this week (at least north america's) is super easy and gives a whack of bounty mats.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Logging on now. Going to do the 'Challenging Rift"

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
anyone here multibox 4 accounts? i use to and trying to get back into it but isboxer changed and seems harder to use now than it was a year or two ago for D3

nevermind i got it all working like the ole days heres an example https://imgur.com/lYuFPJW

time to get cosmic wings on the rest

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Dec 22, 2017

Frank China
Jun 17, 2003
I'm fairly certain I'm going to drive myself insane attempting to get the perfect Ancient Dead Man's Legacy. It has become an obsession.

dangling pointer
Feb 12, 2010

Good luck. The same thing happened to me last season. All I wanted was a weapon or offhand that was outlined in red and had big numbers. Never got one.

Which lead me to saying gently caress it this season and running ros-bot this season....

I still haven’t got a useable primal weapon or offhand :negative:

I’ve been having more fun fiddling with the bot/scripts though than I did actually playing the last couple of seasons. It’s almost as fun as auction house - the game was. It tracks a ton of stats for you so continuously tweaking gear and scripts to see how efficient you can get it running is fun. I’ve never even tried to push GRs. I’m on a quest to maximize XP and legendary drops per hour on my Necro. I’m up to 10 GR 80s an hour and rarely die :getin:

dangling pointer fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Dec 23, 2017

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
dirty bot :( cant blame people for botting i just blame blizzard for having a terrible game, my turbo hud was broken today so didnt play

dangling pointer
Feb 12, 2010

As someone who hasn’t played pubg for a month because aim bots, Wall hacks, and other hacks became so prevalent I can understand the sentiment. I also don’t like to play without turbo hud.

However I disagree with you about blizzard making a lovely game. I’ve played Diablo 3 more hours than I care to admit. I’ve had a lot of fun with it both by myself and partying up with goons and friends. Even though this is my first season playing the Necro the game/grind has gotten stale for me. On a whim I downloaded a bot and ended up enjoying spending an hour here and there fiddling with it.

In a game like D3 where you don’t directly compete with other players I don’t think it’s a big deal. I’m a software dev and enjoy reverse engineering other peoples code as a hobby. I’m going to write my own bot as a fun side project.

Tbh I think it would be really cool if blizzard had a separate league/leaderboards specifically for bots so people can compete to see who can come up with the most efficient build/scripting/leveling strategy.

Similar to how Starcraft had tournaments where teams wrote bots to compete against other bots.

dangling pointer fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Dec 23, 2017

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
TBH the leaderboard is currently a contest between botters, it would be cool if they had a separate ladder for non-botters, but as long as farming bounties and hundreds of hours of paragon grinding are a part of getting competitive each season, botting is going to be a big part of the game.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

iv just put too much time into my account to risk it be banni for bot, id love to though but not worth (100% achievements) and those drat cosmic wings that took over 300 hours for me to get lol

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Dec 23, 2017

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Herstory Begins Now posted:

TBH the leaderboard is currently a contest between botters, it would be cool if they had a separate ladder for non-botters, but as long as farming bounties and hundreds of hours of paragon grinding are a part of getting competitive each season, botting is going to be a big part of the game.

for the last couple seasons they ban all the botters like a week before the season ends so they dont have time to cheat again.

Turmoilx posted:

iv just put too much time into my account to risk it be banni for bot, id love to though but not worth (100% achievements) and those drat cosmic wings that took over 300 hours for me to get lol

I got cosmic wings within 3 hours of the first day and had absolutely no idea how funny that was until months went by and people were still crying

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

for the last couple seasons they ban all the botters like a week before the season ends so they dont have time to cheat again.

I got cosmic wings within 3 hours of the first day and had absolutely no idea how funny that was until months went by and people were still crying

I still don't have them, you jerk. :argh:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Dameius posted:

I still don't have them, you jerk. :argh:

:same:

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

was going through my screenshots deleting and found this i remember this, it was from when i was doing exploration achievements a few weeks ago this little girl spawned with a glitched dress and made it look like she had a penis https://imgur.com/a/kCQDj zoom in the first picture :) second one was after it fixed its self

mewse
May 2, 2006

Turmoilx posted:

was going through my screenshots deleting and found this i remember this, it was from when i was doing exploration achievements a few weeks ago this little girl spawned with a glitched dress and made it look like she had a penis https://imgur.com/a/kCQDj zoom in the first picture :) second one was after it fixed its self

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
yeah.......

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

lmfao

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Every day we drift further from the light of the High Heavens.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

MMAgCh posted:

Every day we drift further from the light of the High Heavens.

Malthael was the true hero all along.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

its a trap

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...
I decided to go with a monk this season, and if I want to ignore mythic rhythm snapshotting with a U6 build because it sounds loving tedious, can I still cruise up to GR80 or 90?

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

hampig posted:

I decided to go with a monk this season, and if I want to ignore mythic rhythm snapshotting with a U6 build because it sounds loving tedious, can I still cruise up to GR80 or 90?

80, yeah. I'm not sure how reasonably U6 will get to 90. I'm sure it's doable, but I haven't bothered trying on my monk. Uliana is unfortunately way, way outclassed by Sunwuko. A lot less effort for a lot more damage.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Why am I being followed by what appears to be a small treasure goblin? It's not my pet because I have a pet out separately.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Shy posted:

Why am I being followed by what appears to be a small treasure goblin? It's not my pet because I have a pet out separately.

Do you have a puzzle ring equipped?

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Oh I do! Thanks!

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

Shy posted:

Oh I do! Thanks!

Put that thing in The Cube and get some sweet Vault action.

Frank China
Jun 17, 2003
in 1 hour I have gotten a primal puzzle ring, the grandfather, and a justice lantern.

at least one usable? I guess I'm making a holy shotgun.

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

Frank China posted:

in 1 hour I have gotten a primal puzzle ring, the grandfather, and a justice lantern.

at least one usable? I guess I'm making a holy shotgun.

The lantern is used in the Neo-shotgun build since you're stacking block rate for ivory tower procs.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Forgot about the weekly CR because of the holiday. It's a WD with chicken set (on NA), so you can zoom around, chickensplode them, throw some spiders, and repeat to victory.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

DrSeRRoD posted:

Forgot about the weekly CR because of the holiday. It's a WD with chicken set (on NA), so you can zoom around, chickensplode them, throw some spiders, and repeat to victory.

so another easy one huh? neat but at the same time not neat knomen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I think the last thing anybody on earth wants is for the challenge rifts to be actually challenging.