Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Data Graham posted:

MAGA roommate who fancies himself a cook / foodie and recently got himself a deep fryer has just unironically plunked down a bottle of ketchup next to his aged ribeye and announced he's having it "Trump style"

He still can't bring himself to cook it more than medium rare though, so there's that.

e: and now he is deep frying a slice of margherita pizza

What a heathen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Just lol if you listen to any other Xmas songs than Fairytale of New York and Christmas Wrapping by the Waitresses
I loathe FoNY with every atom of my body. It's like the Irish section of It's A Small World Escaped in to the real world.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Data Graham posted:

MAGA roommate who fancies himself a cook / foodie and recently got himself a deep fryer has just unironically plunked down a bottle of ketchup next to his aged ribeye and announced he's having it "Trump style"

He still can't bring himself to cook it more than medium rare though, so there's that.

Triggered, lib?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Data Graham posted:

Is their name on the lease?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Data Graham posted:

eating garbage and ruining good food with ketchup to own the libs.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Data Graham posted:

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Christmas With The Devil by Spinal Tap :colbert:

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Is their name on the lease?

Alternatively, do they have anyone that would miss them?

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

r.y.f.s.o. posted:

Did you really not know about it? If so, do enjoy, Cumming is amazing

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Donnie is the fastest man on earth.

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained

Shame that Jesus was conceived without any.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Pablo Bluth posted:

I loathe FoNY with every atom of my body. It's like the Irish section of It's A Small World Escaped in to the real world.

As an Irish guy, it owns

crayon85
Dec 25, 2013
Has anyone seen this story Newsweek are running?

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

I mean, at this point does anyone genuinely believe trump is sincere about wishing anything good on anyone?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

TheMadMilkman posted:

About a Boy.

That's it. I don't know why I keep thinking its Love Actually, Hugh Grant isn't even in it.

I thought this was going to be that LEFT WING VIOLENCE! one but then I realized that was the National Review, not Newsweek. Xmas is always a slow news time, and unless an attractive white girl is murdered somewhere, there's always stories like that.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Dec 26, 2017

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
The only Christmas aong worth listening to is King Diamond's "No Presents for Christmas" because it makes no loving sense.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

I don't get the whole steak thing. You know how I like my steak? Cooked. Not half raw. Nor burnt to a crisp.

Seriously, how the gently caress did the whole steak cooking nonsence get started?

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

sheep-dodger posted:

Everyone who doesn't immediately respond with the Muppets Christmas Carol when asked what the best Christmas movie is, is wrong and should be ashamed of themselves :colbert:

Weird way to spell Muppets Family Christmas.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Data Graham posted:

Show this to anyone who doesn't believe that Trump is enabling good people's worst impulses.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Data Graham posted:

>foodie
>A1

pick one

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained
Trump eats his steaks that way. "Libs" think that's dumb. If Libs think it's dumb, anything Libs dislike is amazing, by the transitive property of MAGA.

Trump supporters are childish morons, QED.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

I feel like the burnt steak/ketchup thing is just Trump's trash roots showing. Kind of like how he seems to think that gilding is the height of tasteful interior decorating. Trump's whole personality is built around what he thinks wealthy people should act like, but he can't quite shake off the fact that he's one generation removed from a Bronx slumlord, and buddy, let me tell you, that's a fuckin empire built on ketchup and duct tape.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Also, I remember during the Bush vs. Kerry race, the wingnutty conservatives started buying Hunt's Ketchup because Kerry's wife is a Heinz.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Data Graham posted:

I'm impressed your roomie's biker MAGAbeard didn't get stuck in the fryer.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Also, I remember during the Bush vs. Kerry race, the wingnutty conservatives started buying Hunt's Ketchup because Kerry's wife is a Heinz.

Remember Freedom Fries?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Data Graham posted:

:sever:

theflyingorc posted:

I am seeing this butter thing, what is it

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained

Fart City posted:

I feel like the burnt steak/ketchup thing is just Trump's trash roots showing. Kind of like how he seems to think that gilding is the height of tasteful interior decorating. Trump's whole personality is built around what he thinks wealthy people should act like, but he can't quite shake off the fact that he's one generation removed from a Bronx slumlord, and buddy, let me tell you, that's a fuckin empire built on ketchup and duct tape.

I really don't think the "trashiness" of it has anything substantial to do with it.

It's arbitrary. They know Trump does x; They know snowflake Libs are mocking x; therefore, x must be cool and good and worth emulating. It doesn't matter what it is. The inherent properties of the thing don't matter.

edit: I have misread a thing. Leaving here for shame.

r.y.f.s.o. fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Dec 26, 2017

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

r.y.f.s.o. posted:

I really don't think the "trashiness" of it has anything substantial to do with it.

It's arbitrary. They know Trump does x; They know snowflake Libs are mocking x; therefore, x must be cool and good and worth emulating. It doesn't matter what it is. The inherent properties of the thing don't matter.

He was talking about why Trump does it, not why his followers imitate it but yes they literally just mimic anything he does because they’re morons.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Someone post that mockup of The Donald defending the use of adult diapers

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

BIG HEADLINE posted:

In some cases they commissioned thier own brand. One classmate switched all the Heinz in the dining hall for some crap they had made. The dining hall was named Delano after one of FDR's grandfathers.

Also my mother has a bloodstone ring orginally from one of the Heinz.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Are we pretending that the left won't boycott a product because of a tenuous connection to something we don't like

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Yeah, roommate was all in on this right up until recently. It's only been the last couple of years that he'd allow Heinz into his fridge again

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
The deep fried pizza is actually a Scottish thing I think. There’s a shop in Edinburgh that serves Crunchy Pizza next to deep fried Mars Bars and its kind of awesome. Once.

Basically your own-the-libs friend is street-level Scottish.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

theflyingorc posted:

Are we pretending that the left won't boycott a product because of a tenuous connection to something we don't like

I absolutely refuse to stay in trump branded luxury hotels.

it's a sacrifice, but one I'm willing to make.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

theflyingorc posted:

True. But that's usually like "hey the bus line here is racist" or "this skunkbag who lives in a literal castle raised the price of his trash pizza because Obamacare"

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

theflyingorc posted:

Boycotting up vs boycotting down?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

FizFashizzle posted:

I absolutely refuse to stay in trump branded luxury hotels.

it's a sacrifice, but one I'm willing to make.

I actually stayed at the Trump Soho in NYC earlier this year. (My dad made the reservations based on price and location).

It was actually a pretty good hotel with good service, it just had the worst name imaginable. Just a few days ago they renamed it and it has no more affiliations with the Trump-empire so it ends well.

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained

Bottom Liner posted:

He was talking about why Trump does it, not why his followers imitate it but yes they literally just mimic anything he does because they’re morons.

Yeah, not sure how I misread that. Posting while paying attention to the Dr. Who marathon or something.

I gladly accept all theories positing that Trump is dumb and the cultural equivalent of a burning trash can full of soiled adult diapers.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

WeAreTheRomans posted:

What we need is a Muppets version of Die Hard to heal this schism

Who would play John McClane? Kermit? Gonzo? Beaker? Ms. Piggy?

...Elmo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Fart City posted:

I don't know how many of you have been to Newport, but I remember touring Breakers and thinking "this is the height of American opulence". It's literally from the Guilded Age and its a million times more tasteful than anything Trump has done. Or Hearst Castle, but then these are places built by people who truely had money and saw themselves as true American nobility, not upjumped slum lords who feel if they dump enough gold and put their names on everything they''ll be seen as Rich. The best description of Trump i saw was he's basically a lottery winner.

• Locked thread