Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Davedog
Sep 11, 2009
With the new deal FOX made with Marvel, what are the chances we see the Fantastic 4 up in this game by Spring? Need me some clobberin' time and :doom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

bagrada posted:

Would CTP of refinement be good for anti-man?

I'm planning to probably put mine on Wolverine just so he's even more of a dick. It'd probably be good for anyone squishy but it does mean you miss out on a damage amp of any kind. Prox might be okay because she's a glass cannon, but usually I like to lean into people's strengths when building them so I make her even more damagey.

In conquest just now, my team of T1 Ironheart / T1 Enchantress / T1 Blue Marvel just took on a T2 Hela / T2 Enchant / uniform Thanos and BM wiped the floor with all three of them. Lol?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Man that's lame the event shop only has card and gear boxes. I don't need those I need upgrade items and t2 tickets.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Yeah. I mean, if I get even one premium card out of it I'll be pretty happy but we'll see. Since there's no other way to get them and having one is the key to a lot of the collections I'm going for that chest over the custom gear one.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

thechalkoutline posted:

I recently finished 6/6/60 everyone except for Ebony Maw & Black Dwarf (who I'll slowly work on) so I've been looking to other things to do

Apart from amplifying uru slots & putting in 4* dmg I decided to pick a character ranking mans; I've been waiting forever for them to release a hero I love (SILVER SURFER) but it's time to semi-arbitrarily pick one

Wong was chosen as the ideal candidate because a) he shares my surname and b) he's a huge piece of poo poo and one of the last guys I ever 6* c) I took a look at the top guys and I could feasibly be #1 Wong goon man

First step was buying the costume, because even though it has no impact on rankings, if I have to stare at it for a long time the Benedict face is vastly superior

THE JOURNEY OF WONG BEGINS

17/17/17/17, no ISO/gear

Finally ranked at 17/17/17/20

I think I'll check in when I'm full 20 gear

careful, someone went hard in the paint to rank 1 mexican spiderman.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
Dumb question, but when people say the hobo Spider-man suit is good, they’re talking about the one from Homecoming?

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Russad posted:

Dumb question, but when people say the hobo Spider-man suit is good, they’re talking about the one from Homecoming?

That would be the one!

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Hoboman is real strong

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Hobos are always excellent.

See: Hobo-Fist and Hobo-Spidey

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Hobos are always excellent.

See: Hobo-Fist and Hobo-Spidey

Hobo-thanos

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

This game needs to add an AR mode so I can see battles on my desk.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
But what about Hobo Karnak?

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Is Hulk a good character to take to T2? Or would Loki or Thor be better?

Edit: I have the ragnarok costumes for all of them thanks to this sale if that makes any difference?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

loki and thor are better cos once you max each one out you get a premium card from cinematic battles

Loten
Dec 8, 2005

What should I be spending my christmas coins or whatever on?

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Loten posted:

What should I be spending my christmas coins or whatever on?

Your only options are custom gear and comic card chests so there is no right or wrong answer here.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Carnage is just a solid combat villain at t2 these days right? Apoc took his abx spot so he's just good for a shadowlands match? Debating what to do with my bio sub next. Gear for 6/6/60 carnage, gear for vulture who already clears an SL at t1, gear for gwenpool who just hit 60, or keep working agent venom up from 3*. Im up to sl18 so i guess i could use more villains.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Dravs posted:

Is Hulk a good character to take to T2? Or would Loki or Thor be better?

Edit: I have the ragnarok costumes for all of them thanks to this sale if that makes any difference?

So I thought Tier 2 Thor (in Ragna costume) was good. He hit very hard but could get squashed. Him alone could solo the story missions up to 12-3

Tier 2 Hulk (in Ragna uniform) was just indestructible and constantly healing. Him alone got as high as 12-7 before he needed help. I think Hulk is better as he is tougher and has larger survivability.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Well it depends what you need. You only really need one character who can clear the story missions so if you already have that then toughness doesn’t matter so much for a lot of the other content.

I think Hulk is probably overall better than Thor now but Thor has the advantage of being still one of the best Extreme Alliance Battle picks for his specific day.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

thor has TWO SWORDS

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Hey uh I'm returning after about 100 days and I get a 6* selector and a bunch of Norns of my choice and what's the hot poo poo right now

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Hey uh I'm returning after about 100 days and I get a 6* selector and a bunch of Norns of my choice and what's the hot poo poo right now

theres a christmas event going where theres no reason to save tokens and you can just spend em every day

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

punchymcpunch posted:

thor has TWO SWORDS

hulk has TWO HAMMERS

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

phosdex posted:

This game needs to add an AR mode so I can see battles on my desk.

not gonna lie that would be cool as poo poo

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Drythe posted:

hulk has TWO HAMMERS

hmmm.... you win this round

mirror123
Jan 17, 2006
rice barrel
Wow I’ve been gone for 600 days... I quit when Silk was the best and I apparently poured all my resources into her and a spider team (but I have no memory of this).

mirror123 fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Dec 27, 2017

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Adult Sword Owner posted:

You can come back to Marble Hebrons.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
It's all turned out to be moot anyway. I didn't realise how many bios would be needed to upgrade all gear to +20. I had like 350 bios for Hulk already as he was my hero journey character so he will be my first T2 character it looks like! Plus he is strongest there is so it's obvious really.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Merica Chavez seems surprisingly strong, but she seems to be a glass cannon. Would it be a waste to put a c.t.p. of refinement on her you guys think?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I made 4 spots in Marble Hebrons. Come on down!!!

mirror123
Jan 17, 2006
rice barrel

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I made 4 spots in Marble Hebrons. Come on down!!!

Applied as bubuhu

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Well hey, whaddya know

Looks like we'll be able to level up the Ultimates pretty soon. Please please add them to the Honor/Chaos shop. Or add anything new to the Honor/Chaos shop.

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
Lol no, they're just going to be like that one captain marvel uniform, sorry poors!

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Yeah they will take away the boxes. And just leave them in the Processors and no where else.

Get grinding Anti-matter. And shell out for the T2 mega tickets.
I hope they don't nerf them, I want to see how powerful they are at T2.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Tom Gorman posted:

Well hey, whaddya know

Looks like we'll be able to level up the Ultimates pretty soon. Please please add them to the Honor/Chaos shop. Or add anything new to the Honor/Chaos shop.

Yea, that poo poo hasn't been updated since the game was released.

I also want more mutants. Give me the New Mutants I just need Illyana to create my waifu squad. Also this game is the only one I could see having both ninja Pyslock and pre Lee Psylock.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

we're almost certain to get some mutants cos loving everybody is surely feather and crystal capped by now

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Also because they have tons of mutants to wade through, if they can. This is a game where we have Songbird and Absorbing Man but not Iceman or Psylock.

I wonder if we're gonna get a significant Black Panther update. It's out in Feb, which is right when they'll (probably) be doing new year stuff.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

All the MCU released are sure bet big patches, seems like they have no problems doing deeper cuts in between. They're going to have to do another xmen dump before whenever the hell the next Phoenix movie is coming out though.

That's actually what I hate about getting good costumes now, I know there will be a new movie costume coming up in a few months, like tank top Thanos for Infinity War.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, we've gotten updates for Ranarok, Homecoming, Guardians 2. It starts to reason we'll get a Black Panther one and they can add some of the secondary charatcers from that movie. Maybe a new Cinematic Battle section with each movie?

That's the MCU movies, though. I don't expect the same from the movies outside their world like New Mutants, Dark Phoenix, Venom, or Deadpool 2. They could coincide updates if they wanted to, especially with the Fox acquisition but it's not the same big movie push.

But BP is in February so we could get an unrelated January update. It seems like we get them roughly monthly bouncing between the bigger updates that add elements and the smaller ones that just add a couple of characters and costume and tweak some stuff. We could get one of those in January.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
We'll probably get Shuri, Klaw, Killmonger and probably the Dora Milaje that we've seen. And a movie BP costume, if not movie/comic costumes for the rest.