Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

make a punch girl, she's probably the smoothest rolling character I've played in the game yet.

Also sad that Ran apparently is very immobile. My dreams of flying from Calpheon to Hidel are dashed. All I want is a real chinagame to experience again :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Cao Ni Ma posted:

All I want is a real chinagame to experience again :saddowns:

offbrand china not good enough for you?

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Bought this today and made an orc sorc. Feel like I could get 5 bucks out of this with the character creator alone. Unfortunately the game is pretty framey even on low. Is there a way to get better performance out of it or am I kind of screwed?
Are there more f2p dressup options/glamor or do you choose between however your armor looks and cash shop outfits?

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

DisDisDis posted:

Bought this today and made an orc sorc. Feel like I could get 5 bucks out of this with the character creator alone. Unfortunately the game is pretty framey even on low. Is there a way to get better performance out of it or am I kind of screwed?
Are there more f2p dressup options/glamor or do you choose between however your armor looks and cash shop outfits?

https://bdo.mmo-fashion.com/

The bar on the left lets you check out what the various outfits look like. Most non-pearl shop stuff is pretty plain though. They can be dyed still.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Regarding combos, uh, I just hold down the mouse button and my mystic keeps punching people, is that how it is supposed to work? They told me a bunch of things I could do, but mostly holding down the mouse button, or the other mouse button, or sometime the F key, seems to kill everything without needing to think about it. Only level 23 though.

An hour ago I found out if that by using both mouse buttons I can punch things to death without even getting off my horse. Not sure how she's doing that, honestly.

I'm not complaining. Not a big fan of combat so if I can do all my killing just by holding a single button while walking forward that's great. I'm just worried I'm doing something wrong.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

nope that's it mystic/striker bread and butter is literally rmb lmb rmb+lmb maybe f sometimes

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Facebook Aunt posted:

Regarding combos, uh, I just hold down the mouse button and my mystic keeps punching people, is that how it is supposed to work? They told me a bunch of things I could do, but mostly holding down the mouse button, or the other mouse button, or sometime the F key, seems to kill everything without needing to think about it. Only level 23 though.

An hour ago I found out if that by using both mouse buttons I can punch things to death without even getting off my horse. Not sure how she's doing that, honestly.

I'm not complaining. Not a big fan of combat so if I can do all my killing just by holding a single button while walking forward that's great. I'm just worried I'm doing something wrong.

Try shift+ right or left mouse button to spice things up.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

press shift f to turn into an anime protagonist

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Cool beans, thanks guys. If I'm just pressing buttan to make everything die, is there any stratagy I should take when I spend my skill points, or should I just take whatever the next suggested skill is?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Facebook Aunt posted:

Cool beans, thanks guys. If I'm just pressing buttan to make everything die, is there any stratagy I should take when I spend my skill points, or should I just take whatever the next suggested skill is?

You'll get a free reset at level 56 once you get an awakening quest (not yet out for mystic but coming soon[tm]) so don't get too concerned about anything being stuck in stone.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

The mystic discord has a couple of pretty decent guides on what to prioritize skill-wise and rotations and stuff. You may want to check it out once stuff stops dying immediately to just holding down the mouse button. :v: The bread-and-butter mystic combo is pretty fun to do. Also you should probably make sure you're using crouching wolf (space after a combo) often, since it makes you punch even faster.

Anyway here's a list of all of the class discords.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

You wont actually use any of the mystic combos while leveling till you reach catfishes and by then you might as well go to helms. poo poo dies way to fast, but when you do get to tougher mobs you'll find out that plain old left click and right click do jack poo poo for damage.

Mystics real damage comes from shift RMB, Shift LMB and maybe shift q for quick burst and knockdown.Her kicks can be traited to heal and provide extra accuracy too and they can knock down so its useful as well. Space bar between attacks can pull mobs closer to you, provide attacks buffs and taunts enemies into attacking you. Given how loving tanky mystics are this can be useful in groups.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Dec 26, 2017

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
:wtc: is this game?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

osirisisdead posted:

:wtc: is this game?

SEGA Bass Fishing: The MMO

If the fishermen were also Droogs looking for ultraviolence.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
Polligran the Trade Witch comin at'cha with a cart full of jam.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Woah, where did you get the PS2 version of BDO? :downsrim:

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
I turned all of that crap off. It was irrelevant and distracting.

unlock exploration node what now?

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

osirisisdead posted:

Polligran the Trade Witch comin at'cha with a cart full of jam.

Is that Daggerfall? Pulling my nostalgia strings there.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

are you somehow using a fisheye lens for the game???

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
I tweaked a lot of sliders.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just want to sell some fish and a donkey cart full of lumber and fry up some lizard meat, but apparently I need to follow this dark spirit so I can learn how to fry up some lizard meat. Man... my murderhobo fairy princess ranger can really round 'em up and lay 'em out, but I'm not sure I want to be stuck fighting orcs so that I can haul a cartload of jam without arbitrary and impossible fiat taxation.

What is this family stuff? What is shared?

Do I need to unlock it with each individual character to do this trading crap profitably?

Selling fish?

What the gently caress is going on?

Cyberpunkey Monkey fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Dec 27, 2017

J
Jun 10, 2001

The dark spirit should sent you to velia pretty early on, and velia has a bunch of tutorial-ish quests for various stuff you can do in the game. You barely have to do any of the combat side of the game in general if you don't want to. There are very few things you actually HAVE to do to unlock other stuff. The dark spirit quests and dark spirit "guide" button are good for some direction if you're not sure what you should try next.

"Family" basically means "all of the characters on this account." The character you're logged in with regenerates 1 energy every 3 minutes, the ones that are offline regenerate 1 energy per hour. Each has their own energy pool, so having an army of alts just as energy generators is useful. Character level and lifeskill levels are not shared between characters.

To sell trade goods and fish at their full price, you'll need to have the node where you got the item and the node where you're trying to sell the item connected. Dulfy has a great guide that explains what the heck nodes are and how to connect them.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
I got four bottles of seawater before I got too tired so now I am sprinting home to try to boil it into salt.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
Do Contribution Points transfer in between nodes? Do I need to have conversations with the lady that sells food so I can fry some gul dang lizard meat?

edit: Sorry for the doubleposts.

Cyberpunkey Monkey fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Dec 27, 2017

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

osirisisdead posted:

What is this family stuff? What is shared?

Do I need to unlock it with each individual character to do this trading crap profitably?

Selling fish?

What the gently caress is going on?

Your family name is your account. Through your family all characters share:

storage in cities (bank)
contribution points
silver
energy cap
nodes/workers/buildings

Trading is pretty advanced for a new player

osirisisdead posted:

I got four bottles of seawater before I got too tired so now I am sprinting home to try to boil it into salt.

River water is better. It can be made into purified water and gold dust

osirisisdead posted:

Do Contribution Points transfer in between nodes? Do I need to have conversations with the lady that sells food so I can fry some gul dang lizard meat?

edit: Sorry for the doublepost.

Contribution points are account wide and invested to use stuff.

Invest 2 points into a node and use that node. Take out the points and you get them back and lose use of the node. Like how minerals worked in Civ 5 I think.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
Are contribution points shared between my family members? Like, can I have them all managing different parts of a trading network?

edit: I just found the UI for investing in a node, so I am going to do that pretty dang quick and start this stuff.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

osirisisdead posted:

Are contribution points shared between my family members? Like, can I have them all managing different parts of a trading network?

edit: I just found the UI for investing in a node, so I am going to do that pretty dang quick and start this stuff.

contribution points is on your family so they all share the same ones. Investing energy into a node doesn't do anything as far as player testing shows.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
I still don't understand, but I am sending baskethead fishing ninja to kill some bandits twice his level.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

osirisisdead posted:

I still don't understand, but I am sending baskethead fishing ninja to kill some bandits twice his level.

Contribution Points are account-wide points you use to buy nodes on the map. You can use these nodes for a number of things, but the most basic is letting hired worker NPCs gather stuff for you automatically. Want potatoes? Find a node with a potato farm, buy it (and the potato patch within), and ship your workers off to bring back more spuds than you'll know what to do with.

Later, when you have a ton of CP to buy a huge node network, you'll be able to do a lot more stuff like trade routes and poo poo, I think.

You can also completely ignore it and become the best, most amazing murderhobo ever if you can't be bothered.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

I invest in metal and wood nodes and then sell it all on the market. It earns me a decent amount of low effort silver.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'll have to see. I'm going to let my avatars rest.

okay well I am going to leave fish ninja bro down there in the system tray for a while and see what happens when I come back and spend some more energy points on things and stuff.

I do have a table and a chair and a couple of family residences at the first two towns and I think I built a wood workshop somehow, but apparently I need to schmooze for beds?

parting shot of mystical fairy princess, the most murderhobo of the family so far.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Did they change the available worker farms in Velia? I think I read in this thread that there were 5 potato or corn farms, but when I look at the node map there are only 3 potato farms (and 2 chicken farms). If I walk around there is a corn farm I can pick corn at, but I can't send my workers there.

WTF?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

uhhh, mosquitos suck dude

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

osirisisdead posted:

I'll have to see. I'm going to let my avatars rest.

okay well I am going to leave fish ninja bro down there in the system tray for a while and see what happens when I come back and spend some more energy points on things and stuff.

I do have a table and a chair and a couple of family residences at the first two towns and I think I built a wood workshop somehow, but apparently I need to schmooze for beds?

parting shot of mystical fairy princess, the most murderhobo of the family so far.

sleeping in a bed will give you much faster energy regen.

Regular energy regen is 20 an hour. Sleeping in a bed makes it 40 an hour and pearl shop bed 60 an hour (some packs give you one of these beds for free)

Logging out in a bed does not count. Just actual sleeping in it.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
Thank you for all of the information.

I think I'll take a break and let some energy regen. I'm also swapping out a couple of characters. I may delete the murderhobo fairy princess too... let her go off into her land of infinite murder. :rock:

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Facebook Aunt posted:

Did they change the available worker farms in Velia? I think I read in this thread that there were 5 potato or corn farms, but when I look at the node map there are only 3 potato farms (and 2 chicken farms). If I walk around there is a corn farm I can pick corn at, but I can't send my workers there.

3 potato, 2 corn and 2 chicken.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

osirisisdead posted:

Thank you for all of the information.

I think I'll take a break and let some energy regen. I'm also swapping out a couple of characters. I may delete the murderhobo fairy princess too... let her go off into her land of infinite murder. :rock:

Fill up your character slots with characters that can regen energy for you to use. It's very handy.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Katt posted:

3 potato, 2 corn and 2 chicken.

Cool, thanks. I'd never visited the Toscani farm so it didn't show up on my node map.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Quick info. At Artisan cooking/processing/alchemy your yield will be an average of 2.5 for the stuff you do. If you perform 100 beer cooking tasks you will get about 250 beer. If you perform 100 melt iron shard tasks you will get about 250 iron shards and so on. Likewise when you gather at Artisan gathering you will be able to perform about 2.5 gather tasks per 1 unit of energy (while also getting better loot too).

When it comes to cooking. Personally I want to get as much CP out of it as I can at the expense of some silver. Cooking tasks give those bonus meal items you hand in for things like cooking xp and CP

I turn all potatoes, wheat and Barley and sweet potato into beer.
http://bddatabase.net/us/recipe/122/

I grind corn into Flour and Dough to use for these other cooking recipes. (Surplus corn becomes beer) 1 corn becomes 2.5 flour. 1 flour becomes 2.5 dough which means each corn becomes 6.25 dough.

I turn eggs into Dressing (dressing has no market value) But that's 1 cooking task per egg.
http://bddatabase.net/us/recipe/108/

I turn all grapes from the Balenos grape node into Essence of Liquor (and later the Kama Strawberry node)
http://bddatabase.net/us/recipe/109/

I then turn the Essence of Liquor into Exotic Herbal Wine
http://bddatabase.net/us/recipe/131/

At artisan cooking you get 2.5 Essence of Liquor per grape. Each Essence of Liquor is another cooking task which means every single grape equals almost 4 cooking tasks (compared to using potatoes to make beer which is 0.2 cooking tasks per crop).

Experienced life skillers call this complete madness but I plan to work it like this until I get 300 CP. Then I'm going to use the Essence of Liquor to make Honey Wine instead

Honey Wine
http://bddatabase.net/us/item/9206/

Honey Wine can be turned into the imperial crafting delivery NPC for a nice sum of silver and so is way more profitable than Herbal Wine.

Likewise more experienced life skillers will turn eggs into Boiled Bird Eggs
http://bddatabase.net/us/recipe/141/

Boiled Bird Eggs is 3 eggs per cooking task but they can also be handed in to imperial crafting delivery for silver

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
Okay, I'm getting nodes connected and I have a worker.

How do I get a rank 1 house?