Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

I THINK THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG WITH MY DICK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Klaus #2: Solid SnakeSanta has infiltrated the town of Grimsvig earlier giving toys to boys and girls. The comically evil baron doesn't like this and wants him stopped, so the guards are out.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Come on lets go and play
I never see you anymore
Come out the door
It's like you've gone awaaaaay

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

purple death ray posted:

Spawn had this ridiculous red slab boot only on one foot. It looked like he stuck his foot in an upside down trash can covered in spikes

I thought it was because right after the first batch of Spawn action figures were coming out and they quickly discovered that they couldn't stand on their own at all once they were outside the blister packaging. So they had to do a redesign on the figures with smaller feet. As a quick fix they came up with the cylinder boot on one foot. Todd being Todd thought that looked cool and ran with it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lars Blitzer posted:

I thought it was because right after the first batch of Spawn action figures were coming out and they quickly discovered that they couldn't stand on their own at all once they were outside the blister packaging. So they had to do a redesign on the figures with smaller feet. As a quick fix they came up with the cylinder boot on one foot. Todd being Todd thought that looked cool and ran with it.

I don't think so, the booted version didn't get a figure until much later in the toy line.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I think it's just Todd MacFarlane finding new places to put spikes and skulls.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
It's amazing Todd MacFarlane doesn't work for Games Workshop designing Chaos models.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

TwoPair posted:

Klaus #2: Solid SnakeSanta has infiltrated the town of Grimsvig earlier giving toys to boys and girls. The comically evil baron doesn't like this and wants him stopped, so the guards are out.

What that panel doesn't tell us that Olav's surname is Raindeer.
His middle name is Daother.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Not an edit.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

that's hilariously messed up

though now I want to read the help wanted ad that led to that position being filled

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Do you think they put "washes clothes" or "is a prostitute" first?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Now now, I'm sure they negotiated a perfectly valid and ethical surrogacy agreement.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

That washer woman went on to become a Super Villian called Mother Superior.

So she got psychic powers out of that surrogacy agreement.

Also those panels mean that Batman and Superman will never kill the Red Skull.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

The Question IRL posted:

That washer woman went on to become a Super Villian called Mother Superior.

So she got psychic powers out of that surrogacy agreement.

Also those panels mean that Batman and Superman will never kill the Red Skull.

Actually on further research it was Sun's mother figure who went on to be a Super Villain. Not Sin's mother.

Comics everybody.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

What is it with Martha-mothers and super-people?

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Maybe it's all the same woman :350:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Seventh Arrow posted:

Maybe it's all the same woman :350:

At the time of JL's release, people were mentioning how Aquaman and Batman's fathers have the same name so that rabbit hole might run deeper :tinfoil:

Arthur does have his own Martha Moment, tho

(Aquaman(1994) #4)

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Huh I always thought the Logo/Dolphin thing was a 52 invention.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

mind the walrus posted:

Huh I always thought the Logo/Dolphin thing was a 52 invention.

He has a dolphin thing going on in JLI, too, which is before the panels above.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I'm in love with Loki's face palm.

Also "people seeing Spider-Man while he's trying to hide above them" is one of my favorite gags.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
What's the Spider-Man from, looks like Bagley art, but Spidey is too ripped for Ultimate. I haven't read much 616 that he's worked on.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Skwirl posted:

What's the Spider-Man from, looks like Bagley art, but Spidey is too ripped for Ultimate. I haven't read much 616 that he's worked on.

It's from Thor Vol 2 #51. Tom Raney art, but, yeah, I had to check and see if it was Bagley too because it sure looks like him.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

A Strange Aeon posted:

He has a dolphin thing going on in JLI, too, which is before the panels above.

Yeah, it was established pretty early on that the only reason Lobo works as a bounty hunter is so he can afford to feed his space dolphins.

Anyway, my favorite Lobo panel is from when he gets sent to Heaven in Lobo's Back...

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Samuringa posted:

At the time of JL's release, people were mentioning how Aquaman and Batman's fathers have the same name so that rabbit hole might run deeper :tinfoil:
Arthur does have his own Martha Moment, tho

(Aquaman(1994) #4)

I don't know. It was either this or 15 pages of "And so are you."

Also Aquaman totally ripping off his own shirt there. Like, that could have been fixed dude. You're just wasting shirts.

Just...openly taking an on panel wiiiiiiiiiiisssss.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

The Asgardians mixing with the townspeople of Broxton is fantastic and I hope it never ends though I know it has to.

Also, RIP William the Warrior. Made it to Valhalla.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
This is right up there with Holocaust in the 'tasteless names for villains' list.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Push El Burrito posted:

The Asgardians mixing with the townspeople of Broxton is fantastic and I hope it never ends though I know it has to.

Also, RIP William the Warrior. Made it to Valhalla.

What's this from because it owns.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Say Nothing posted:

This is right up there with Holocaust in the 'tasteless names for villains' list.

Wasn't the Vampire: The Masquerade collectable card game called Jihad at one point as well?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
No. It was called Jyhad. The 90's were supremely stupid, you see.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Duke Igthorn posted:

Also Aquaman totally ripping off his own shirt there. Like, that could have been fixed dude. You're just wasting shirts.

If I looked like that I'd rip my shirt off at every opportunity too.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Say Nothing posted:

I'll take "American culture took the 90s for granted" for 1998 please.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Say Nothing posted:

I didn't read your comment at first and thought Sue was declaring jihad on some infidel before realizing that was his name.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Toshimo posted:

What's this from because it owns.

Thor #603 (2011). That's just about most of the humor in the issue, though. :

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Say Nothing posted:

The only thing better than the name is his enormous purple diaper

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Walrus Pete posted:

The only thing better than the name is his enormous purple diaper

Speaking of the outfits, what is up with the Fantastic Four’s costumes?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ariong posted:

Speaking of the outfits, what is up with the Fantastic Four’s costumes?

Beach attire.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I love that the Thing is wearing more when he goes bathing than he is normally.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Hes gotta worry about erosion

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I love that his belt buckle has an R. I guess it's a call back to him being Blackbeard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

The new Batman run is really cute and good.

In the latest issue, Batman, Catwoman, Superman, and Lois go on a double date to a carnival on superhero night.

(spoilered because it's still a new issue)

They don't want to wear their actual costumes because they're afraid they'll be recognized, so they trade costumes.There's a lot of hijinks involved, but the important thing to know is that everyone at the carnival is dressed up as a superhero.

Toward the end of the night, a thief darts out of the crowd and steals Lois' wallet:

I about died laughing.

In case anyone doesn't get it: the thief is dressed as The Question, who was created by Steve Ditko, who was a hardcore Objectivist. The thing he's shouting is a quote from Ayn Rand.