Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Slavvy posted:

Her new stuff is garbage sorry.

love it when people lay down opinions on content as fact. like "sorry that you felt otherwise, but in fact, you are wrong" :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

bike tory posted:

butter them like you would girl guide biscuits

:wtc: is this?

Is this a thing that real people (not goons) do or are you just doing this to purposely trigger others?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Xik posted:

Is this a thing that real people (not goons) do or are you just doing this to purposely trigger others?

I know right?

Use margarine like a proper person

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

echinopsis posted:

love it when people lay down opinions on content as fact. like "sorry that you felt otherwise, but in fact, you are wrong" :rolleyes:

Good thing music taste is 100% subjective. Who gives a poo poo.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Xik posted:

vOv I know I'm not the only one who does it but I have no idea how widespread or traditional it is

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

despite billions in aid, their leaders have failed to embrace democracy

Anyone wanna take a swing at explaining how these two clauses work together

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Somfin posted:

Anyone wanna take a swing at explaining how these two clauses work together

Racism

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

exmarx posted:

merry xmas goons, rip once again to cherry ripes

oh? :smug:

https://twitter.com/rnz_news/status/945005868969365504

She should cancel her Russia dates as well. gently caress those homophobic fucks, right in the butt.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Cancel all concerts except free ones in a carbon zero free living commune with no dodgy cult stuff going on.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
America: You should embrace democracy like us and vote for the government you want

America: wait not that one

America: gently caress it, here's a dictator, I hope you're happy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Slavvy posted:

Good thing music taste is 100% subjective. Who gives a poo poo.

you, youre the one going out of your way to refute someone elses opinion. im just giving you poo poo for doing so

SuperiorColliculus
Oct 31, 2011

Inescapable Duck posted:

America: You should embrace democracy like us and vote for the government you want

America: wait not that one

America: gently caress it, here's a dictator, I hope you're happy

To be fair, this is also the internal American electoral process

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.
I kinda think if someone says "X is bad" or "X is good", and X is something subjective, we should imagine they said IMHO beforehand because otherwise we end up in the same old tiresome arguement and it's tiresome.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

klen dool posted:

I kinda think if someone says "X is bad" or "X is good", and X is something subjective, we should imagine they said IMHO beforehand because otherwise we end up in the same old tiresome arguement and it's tiresome.

Yup. Worst thing about this site is having to qualify the poo poo out of every single statement cause it's like a vortex of pedantry.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

klen dool posted:

this point is garbage sorry

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

klen dool posted:

If it's subjective anyway surely you can take IMHO as read :shrug:

e: now who can't read? It's me

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

In my objective opinion this discussion is garbage

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Slavvy posted:

Yup. Worst thing about this site is having to qualify the poo poo out of every single statement cause it's like a vortex of pedantry.

Nah worse is actually people with terrible opinions they know are in the minority spouting them like anyone gives a poo poo

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

bike tory posted:

In my objective opinion this discussion is garbage

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Sorry for my wrongthink wrt Lorde's mediocre new album then.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Nazism is bad.

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.

echinopsis posted:

this point is garbage sorry

Sorry but it's good not bad. Everyone says so. If you measure it with a pointometre you'll find it goes way above good even.

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

Nazism is bad.

I think it's objectively bad.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Ghostlight posted:

IMHO* Nazism is bad.

Fixed.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Back to biscuit chat. The sampler boxes we always seem to buy at Christmas and only then. Seem to have removed Dundee and cameo creme biscuits replacing them with chit chats.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Varkk posted:

Back to biscuit chat. The sampler boxes we always seem to buy at Christmas and only then. Seem to have removed Dundee and cameo creme biscuits replacing them with chit chats.
Okay I like chit chats but that's a loving crime right there

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
Does anyone buy a bucket of cookie time biscuits then eat the whole thing in a couple of days and regret their choices? Because this year I did not do that.

Raikyn
Feb 22, 2011

As long as sampler boxes have swiss cremes and those pink wafer thingees its all good

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

redleader posted:

Does anyone buy a bucket of cookie time biscuits then eat the whole thing in a couple of days and regret their choices? Because this year I did not do that.
:hfive: me too

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?

redleader posted:

Nah, I get two buckets instead.

Taitale
Feb 19, 2011
I buy the broken cookie pieces from their factory shop on the way to Ashburton. It helps make up for going to Ashburton.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I always eat the broken biscuits first, because the only thing I ever learned in church was the pastor's sermon on how a broken biscuit tastes just as good as a whole one.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

NZpol: I always eat the broken biscuits first

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I make my own and share them with the workplace.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

There's a cookie time cafe near me and it's The poo poo

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Whitcoulls brought us all tins of office-brand shortbread for Xmas once, I think that was my first lesson about capitalism

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

bike tory posted:

There's a cookie time cafe near me and it's The poo poo

I hope they don't do the creepy "young girls wearing not much" thing that they do at the one in Queenstown. :/

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The Rabbi T. White posted:

I hope they don't do the creepy "young girls wearing not much" thing that they do at the one in Queenstown. :/

Wait what?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Slavvy posted:

Wait what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

:wtc:

• Locked thread