Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

xzzy posted:

The makers of dexcool were so smart they made it the color of rust so you can't use a visual inspection to decide if your coolant system is falling apart.

When I was a kid a few decades ago it was a treat for your parents to take you to McDonalds. You could order "Orange drink" and yes that is it what it was called. To be honest, McDonald's orange drink is probably more effective than Dexcool for numerous reasons yet has the same exact color and hue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

CommieGIR posted:

Of my 5 Audis, many pushing 31 years of age, I've only had one radiator fail due to the plastic endcap cracking because the fan failed. I change yearly by draining half the coolant and refilling.

But both of our examples are anecdotal evidence.

I mean: What's the benefit to NOT changing your coolant? Its a fairly low cost way to ensure you remove any corrosion products and keep your coolant fresh. Its not like its an expensive maintenance you are talking about. And especially as coolant electrolysis is a proven concern, are you really willing to risk catastrophic block and head corrosion over that?

"I'm way more than a radiator and a coolant flush combined!"

Oh, I suppose there's nothing wrong with it if you have the time and money. I just think that it's far enough past the intersection of what you put in vs what you get out that I wouldn't advise it for most people.

I have a few of nice guns that I've "pre-inherited" from my dad's collection over the years and I do a lot more care and cleaning with those than most shooters, but I'll admit it's also a lot more than I need to do.

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer

TrueChaos posted:

What kind of process? Also lol of they were using RO perm for the rinse step (I'm assuming in some kind of media filter, carbon / mmf), what a waste of energy.

The water recycling system is for a plating line but they opened it to a spray pretreatment for a ecoat/powder line. There's a big bunch of valves for directing city water to both lines and a line for RO to the plating line but there was also supposed to be a new section to the paint pretreat so we could use the RO water selectively into the non-rinse stages. The installers apparently didn't feel like running additional lines and said just being able to switch the entire line's water feed from city to RO was close enough. I would have rather had an unconnected stub than that since there's already a dedicated 40gpm RO treating city water that feeds the ecoat stuff and can fill those tanks in pretreat as well so tying the new recycling system to that line at all was just a minor convenience.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

glynnenstein posted:

Oh, I suppose there's nothing wrong with it if you have the time and money. I just think that it's far enough past the intersection of what you put in vs what you get out that I wouldn't advise it for most people.

I was going to say that it's like $25 a year to change coolant, and you don't even need a wrench, but it costs anywhere between $50-$150 at a shop. I can completely understand why people don't want to "waste" their money on it

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

The Door Frame posted:

I was going to say that it's like $25 a year to change coolant, and you don't even need a wrench, but it costs anywhere between $50-$150 at a shop. I can completely understand why people don't want to "waste" their money on it

The only thing that’s more expensive than maintenance is not doing it.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

InitialDave posted:

Not so much a horrible failure, but technically interesting; my dad killed a halfshaft in his Austin 7, so he's had to pull the axle apart, and the differential doesn't use bevel gears for the centre, it's an arrangement of spur gears, kind of like a Torsen B or Quaife without the LSD function:

Huh, that's interesting.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

MrYenko posted:

I'll give you that, but excluding the unmitigated garbage that is Dexcool, are there any documented cases of vehicles following the factory intervals for antifreeze changes and still running into problems? My WJ only has a 30k interval (and rarely goes that long without having some other reason to dump the radiator anyway), but the CR-V just called for its first change just shy of 5 years and the antifreeze that came out is visibly indistinguishable from what went in. No sediment or anything, even after letting it settle for a week. I realize antifreeze can cause problems without looking lovely, but I'd expect some sort of particulate evidence of those problems.

The other pain in the dick is that used antifreeze is not as easy to dispose of as used oil. None of the shops here want to take it and the city only accepts it four times a year.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

MrYenko posted:

Years ago, one of the bike magazines here actually had the opportunity to test this, with a guy's CBR that hadn't been serviced. Ever. Can't remember if it was something around 5-10 years old, but the cost of a full rebuild was less than the official service schedule at a dealer.

BlackMK4 posted:

Huh, that's interesting.
1300lb car with 13bhp...

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

MrYenko posted:

Tell that to someone paying $150 to do a coolant flush on their 98 Tercel. Or how many stories show up in the terrible car thread of people refusing to pay $1200 to change all 4 tires on their X5 after driving on a flat

I'm 100% for regular maintenance, but it can be a hard sell to people with low value cars and those who don't understand how cars go. A lot of this stuff seems like a racket, and some of it totally is a racket

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!
Also screw cars where you have to drain half the coolant, put half in, mix it up, drain half, put half in, mix it up, drain half, etc., because nobody at the factory thought it was cool to put a plug in for the block.

Either that or I just don't do enough coolant changes to understand what I'm doing wrong.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

CommieGIR posted:

Regardless if you are using premixed, etc, you need to flush your coolant annually. It WILL gain a charge, and it WILL corrode your engine. Period. That doesn't change regardless of what water you use, it'll just happen faster with tap water than with purified water.

There are simple electrical tests you can do with your coolant to verify its health and whether the coolant needs to be changed:

https://www.familyhandyman.com/automotive/car-maintenance/coolant-testing-with-a-multimeter/view-all/

http://www.ve-labs.net/electrolysis-101/how-to-test

Ok, that's neat.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Dave Inc. posted:

Also screw cars where you have to drain half the coolant, put half in, mix it up, drain half, put half in, mix it up, drain half, etc., because nobody at the factory thought it was cool to put a plug in for the block.

Either that or I just don't do enough coolant changes to understand what I'm doing wrong.

No one makes it easy. For an LT1 you need to remove both knock sensors out of the bottom of the bock (which is quite difficult) to effectively drain it all.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

IOwnCalculus posted:

I'll give you that, but excluding the unmitigated garbage that is Dexcool, are there any documented cases of vehicles following the factory intervals for antifreeze changes and still running into problems? My WJ only has a 30k interval (and rarely goes that long without having some other reason to dump the radiator anyway), but the CR-V just called for its first change just shy of 5 years and the antifreeze that came out is visibly indistinguishable from what went in. No sediment or anything, even after letting it settle for a week. I realize antifreeze can cause problems without looking lovely, but I'd expect some sort of particulate evidence of those problems.

The other pain in the dick is that used antifreeze is not as easy to dispose of as used oil. None of the shops here want to take it and the city only accepts it four times a year.

Just because we like to dog on Dexcool - I'd like to offer the below article as a counterpoint. Author does a nice job of concisely laying out the issues, and aligns with just about every Google on DexCool.

http://ricksfreeautorepairadvice.com/is-dexcool-bad/

The only thing he misses on: He calls out the 3.1/3.4 engines correctly, but misses the 3.8.

It's a good read and should stir interesting conversation.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Its also fun to note that dexcool is in fact the oe recommended coolant on current chryco vehicles, ford vehicles and of course gm stuff. Its actually pretty good stuff when the motor is designed for it.

In fact when ford realized their G-05 coolant didn't meet mazda's requirements for the mazda 6 at the start of its production, they had to use dex cool for two years since it was the only domestically available coolant that could match mazda's long life coolant. They finally developed their own version, but yeah. It made finding out the coolant type for my car interesting.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Yeah, that's a good read. This is the problem that ended up costing my mom a pretty penny shortly before she traded in her '97 Suburban:

quote:

Other DexCool problems

Shops reported other problems with DexCool engines besides the 3.1 and 3.4-liter engine. Specifically, shops reported sludge buildup, especially in cast iron engines. But after a thorough investigation, it turns out that the only time sludge builds up is if the engine is low on coolant. When engines run low on coolant, the organic acid technologies oxidize and cause iron oxide deposits. The “rusting” usually NOT affect newer aluminum engines. But, running ANY engine when it’s low on organic acid type coolant cause form sludge.

It had apparently developed some form of small cooling system leak - it never left anything on the ground - but was able to get enough air into the system that it sludged the gently caress out of the entire cooling system.

I suppose it is a bit unfair that Dexcool gets blamed when the real problem was the engines / gaskets / cooling systems weren't truly ready for Dexcool. The '02 Trailblazer she replaced it with ran Dexcool for pretty much its entire life (and probably didn't get changed as often as it was supposed to) and I don't think* it ever developed any major leaks.

*Literally the day before she traded it in, it developed a massive leak of some form of red fluid. Couldn't tell if it was coolant, ATF from the transmission, or ATF from the power steering. Made it to the dealer and no more fucks were given. This is also why I hate the color of Dexcool (too close to ATF) and G05 (pretty much looks clear). Fluid identification is much easier when coolant is either traditional radioactive green, or dark blue like Honda and a few other Asian manufacturers use.

IOwnCalculus fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Dec 26, 2017

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

BlackMK4 posted:

Huh, that's interesting.

I'm having trouble wrapping my head around how it works.

Goober Peas posted:

Just because we like to dog on Dexcool - I'd like to offer the below article as a counterpoint. Author does a nice job of concisely laying out the issues, and aligns with just about every Google on DexCool.

The only thing he misses on: He calls out the 3.1/3.4 engines correctly, but misses the 3.8.

He also missed all the V8s and the 4.3. They also had the goddamned plastic-and-o-ring intake gaskets. Fuckers failed on my wife's 2000 Astro van. I just drained the oil, dumped uncontaminated used oil through to flush it a bit more (not running - just dumped it into the intake valley while the intake was off), drained that, and then changed the fresh oil like 2-3 days after doing the gasket job. It continued to run until we traded it in, with seemingly no ill effects. I'm sure that the water in the oil took some life off of the bearings, but apparently didn't destroy anything. Thankfully, Felpro made better replacement gaskets.
It's a bit disconcerting to top up the coolant, then have the level keep dropping with no visible leaks. At which point a light goes on and you check the oil level - which has risen dramatically. Yay, chocolate and orange milkshake.

edit: with regards to the rest of the article, gently caress the manufacturers for managing to make coolant yet another special goddamned snowflake fluid. Transmission fluid was bad enough.
"Most engines take less than 2-gallons. Dealer coolant will cost an extra $10/gallon. Why risk engine, radiator, heater core, gasket, water pump, heater tubing, and seal failure to save a lousy $20?"
Because some folks don't have that extra $20, they don't want to go to the dealer to get their special snowflake snake oil, and that's $20 on top of $30 for the universal stuff. $50 still isn't a lot in comparison to replacing a bunch of stuff, but you know how people are about maintenance costs.
I'm a little worried about using the Prestone long-life in my Crown Vic, now, though.

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Dec 27, 2017

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Darchangel posted:

I'm having trouble wrapping my head around how it works.
Functionally, basically the same as a regular bevel gear setup - with both wheels at the same speed, everything's static. It's just the mechanism of gearing one wheel against the other that's different.

You have a sun gear on each shaft, with longer planet gears around each. Now, if the planet gears were long enough to go all the way across both sun gears, it wouldn't work, both shafts would have to turn the same way. But put the planet gears extending far enough out that the left planet gears mesh only into the right ones - and not onto their opposing sun gears - and the effect is that it's geared to reverse direction with a 1:1 ratio, just as a "normal" bevel gear open differential. It's an exercise in doing the same job, just with a larger number of more simplistic components.

The closest comparison is an LSD like a Torsen B, Quaife, or Truetrac, which is designed identically, save for having helical-cut gears rather than straight-cut spur gears: It's this helical form that provides the LSD function.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Ah, that picture makes it much clearer. What I wasn't getting was that the planetary gears meshed with each other. I could see that they meshed with the sun gear on each axle, and had shafts that held them in the housing once it was bolted together, I just couldn't fathom how the housing didn't just rotate freely. That solves it. Thanks for the explanation - I hadn't gotten around to Googlinating it yet.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Toyotas factory coolants are the absolute bomb- their long life stuff was change every 2yrs/40K kms and my mates 80 series clocked up 420k kms the other day and its never had anything but Toyota red coolant at the specified intervals and the internals of the block are spotless.

Their super long life is even more impressive- 4yrs/80k kms and the first change is at 180k kms.

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

Ferremit posted:

Their super long life is even more impressive- 4yrs/80k kms and the first change is at 180k kms.

If you say "megameters" it sounds like you drove to space.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Exit Strategy posted:

If you say "megameters" it sounds like you drove to space.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Darchangel posted:

edit: with regards to the rest of the article, gently caress the manufacturers for managing to make coolant yet another special goddamned snowflake fluid. Transmission fluid was bad enough.
"Most engines take less than 2-gallons. Dealer coolant will cost an extra $10/gallon. Why risk engine, radiator, heater core, gasket, water pump, heater tubing, and seal failure to save a lousy $20?"
Because some folks don't have that extra $20, they don't want to go to the dealer to get their special snowflake snake oil, and that's $20 on top of $30 for the universal stuff.
I'm a little worried about using the Prestone long-life in my Crown Vic, now, though.

Or, you know, they find out who the OEM is for the coolant (in Dexcool's case, I believe it's Prestone), and just drop $14 on a gallon of concentrate + $1 for a gallon of distilled water at Walmart. Prestone's Dexcool is the only one I've seen that actually has a GM logo, anyway, and I remember reading something on BITOG about Prestone being the OEM for it.

I've always considered Prestone to be one of the better brands of coolant, personally, but maybe that's just brand loyalty (similar to how I refuse to use anything but Mobil 1 oil...)

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Honestly, most domestics take G-05 or Dex Cool (outside of tesla at least). Its pretty easy to find both of those for relatively cheap. Even easier, almost every domestic consumer vehicle from 2013+ is just dexcool which is readily available and pretty cheap. The only exception I can pull off the top of my head is a 2013 dart a customer needed coolant for tonight. The specific chryco spec for the dart was some 5 digit one, the chryco spec for dexcool is something like ms-9726. More than likely one of the pentosin coolants we carry would have met it, but the customer was in a hurry and didn't have time for me to drag out the paper catalogs.

Honestly, the only truely absurdly priced coolants are for your german brands, but you should know what you're getting into buying one of those. :v:

Edit: Now if you want a serious headache, try taking in the fun thats the clusterfuck of coolants for the first generation mazda 6 and its ford related cousins.

BITOG posted:

I was surprised to learn that prior to the 2006 model year, North American Mazda6 vehicles were not equipped with a P-OAT coolant developed by CCI, the dominant Japanese coolant company. So I did some research. Unlike the Mazda3, Mazda MPV/5, Mazda MX-5 (Miata) Mazda RX-8, CX-7, and CX-9, the North American edition of the Mazda6 is built in Flat Rock MI by AutoAlliance International, a joint venture between Ford and Mazda that is operated by Ford.

Prior to 2009, Ford used G-05 coolant in Ford vehicles equipped with engines jointly developed with Mazda. On the other hand, Ford equipped Mazda6 vehicles prior to the 2006 model year with Motorcraft Specialty Orange Coolant (Dex-Cool). Since Mazda explicitly recommends against coolants containing silicates, Mazda North America evidently chose the only silicate-free coolant in the Motorcraft stable, Dex-Cool, in preference to G-05.

Meanwhile, Mazdas manufactured in Japan were equipped with Mazda-branded P-OAT coolants developed by CCI, Mazda Long Life Coolant (a first-generation P-OAT coolant) prior to 2005 and Mazda FL22 after 2005. FL22 is very similar to extended life coolants used in other Japanese vehicles. In 2006, Ford started equipping Mazda6 vehicles manufactured in North America with FL22, just like Mazdas manufactured in Japan. In 2009, Ford finally recognized the superiority of P-OAT coolants for Ford vehicles with Japanese engineered engines and introduced Motorcraft Specialty Green Coolant (reportedly identical to Mazda FL22) as factory fill in the Ford Edge, Flex, Fusion, Taurus, Mercury Milan, and Lincoln MKS, MKT and MKX vehicles.

It now looks like Ford Specialty Green Coolant may be the cost-effective alternative to Mazda FL22. Zerex Asian Vehicle Coolant is another option.

I'll stop before I make a post that make STR go god drat. I've done way too much digging into various coolants for vehicles for work, and thats before I get to the fun poo poo you see in heavy duty stuff. :eng101:

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Dec 29, 2017

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Goober Peas posted:

I think the 3.8 might have been a different problem to do with the EGR pipe "cooking" the plastic around the upper IM gasket, which also caused a coolant leak but maybe wasn't due to any coolant interaction?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Cop Porn Popper posted:

I'll stop before I make a post that make STR go god drat.

:stonkhat:

Throatwarbler posted:

I think the 3.8 might have been a different problem to do with the EGR pipe "cooking" the plastic around the upper IM gasket, which also caused a coolant leak but maybe wasn't due to any coolant interaction?

The 3.8 was prone to leaking LIM gaskets, just like the 3.1 and 3.4. Maybe not quite as often, but it's a very real issue.

I'm so glad I have an engine that doesn't run coolant through the intake manifold... instead the bulk of the PCV system is controlled by an itty bitty hole in the intake, and when it clogs, it starts puking oil. :argh: Also no EGR on mine, thank gently caress (instead they stuck 2 cats on the manual transmission version... mine somehow left the factory with 1 cat, though :iiam:)

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Hate to distract from coolant chat but related to earlier broken wheel holding air chat. I smashed our car into the wall at RA backwards and out cheap wheels held up great. Leaving the whole quote because everyone loves carnage and :effort:

NitroSpazzz posted:

Finally had some time to get the car on the lift and look over the damage. New plan is replace the bad sheet metal, replace wrecked poo poo and race the car next season. Only reason we're bothering with the body work is because we're going to be doing more WRL races and we feel they'd prefer the cars to not look like poo poo. There's a good chance all passenger bodywork will end up on my garage wall.

Rear passenger wheel, ground down a bit

Front drivers tire with a nice flat spot. Well reverse it on the wheel and run it. Other three looked good.

See that dent in the passenger side frame? That's from the engine moving 3+ inches and smashing into it. Motor mounts look fine but will be replace.

Passenger trailing arm mounting point, both are bent like this. Also notice what looks like subframe damage/bend, we'll replace the whole rear subframe.

Passenger door is hosed. Lock cylinder was found in the drivers door. Sheet metal is completely ground through in a few spots.

Hood weld snapped, this explains why the hood was crooked and hard to latch. We'll tack it back in place and call it good.

Door damage. I'll be hanging the door on my garage wall.

Front passenger wheel is forward a few inches, rubs on front air dam.

Part 1 of why it rubs, bent tie rod. Also notice the cracked wheel that is still holding pressure.

Cracked wheel (passenger front)

Part 2 of why that tire rubs. Control arm is pretty deformed.

Passenger half shaft CV joint is mostly disintegrated. Rubber is containing the mess, I look forward to opening it up.

A little body damage, also gas cap got ground down a bit.

Less damage than we expected and will be pretty easy and cheap to fix. Decided throwing several grand at building a new car when ours is competitive and easily fixed is stupid. The E30 vert/ute will live on to race another season. I will avoid racing when sick.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Or, you know, they find out who the OEM is for the coolant (in Dexcool's case, I believe it's Prestone), and just drop $14 on a gallon of concentrate + $1 for a gallon of distilled water at Walmart. Prestone's Dexcool is the only one I've seen that actually has a GM logo, anyway, and I remember reading something on BITOG about Prestone being the OEM for it.

I've always considered Prestone to be one of the better brands of coolant, personally, but maybe that's just brand loyalty (similar to how I refuse to use anything but Mobil 1 oil...)

I think I used the Prestone universal long life in my Crown Vic, since O'Reilly's didn't have the Ford-specific yellow stuff.

Throatwarbler posted:

This is correct. My brother's Bonneville SSE (not "i") did it. The EGR pipe actually erodes the plastic intake, opening a hole from the nearby coolant passage (for warming the throttle body on cold starts) to the plenum. Better still, because of the intake design (air runners that come up and then turn down above the plenum, the coolant will just sit in the bottom of the intake plenum, until you accelerate, then get sucked up by the rear runners as it sloshes. The problem solver replacement intake makes the whole area around the EGR and coolant passage metal, as I recall.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Darchangel posted:

The problem solver replacement intake makes the whole area around the EGR and coolant passage metal, as I recall.

Yep, that's what happened to two 3800 II engined cars I've had (1997 Malibu and 1999 Bonneville). The worst part is that to put the little bit of heat shielding where it needs to be, they have to disassemble the whole engine, which is never cheap. I think the upper and lower intake manifold gasket replacement on the Bonnie cost nearly two grand, which I didn't really have at the time, naturally.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
I feel sorry for you all with your distilled water and super special coolant and what not.

Anecdote, evidence etc etc, but I've had at least three cars go past 200k miles, never running anything but tap water and the cheapest coolant I can find on any given shopping trip. Would it be better to run MegaCool™ and distilled water? Maybe. Functionally I can't say there's much difference tho.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I'm supposed to use G12 but I just use green and tap water.

I change it yearly.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

I don't I've ever used anything besides Prestone and hose water in my cars.

The Jeep seems to be holding up just fine after 26 years. Granted it is a Jeep though.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

ExplodingSims posted:

I don't I've ever used anything besides Prestone and hose water in my cars.

The Jeep seems to be holding up just fine after 26 years. Granted it is a Jeep though.

Pretty much this, what spurred me to change more frequently was disassembling a couple 10v motors and finding some of the metal lines were disintegrating internally quickly due to electrolysis.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jan 1, 2018

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
Bless me father, for I have sinned. I've run straight tapwater in more than one car. One popped a freeze plug after I retired it, the other had radiator troubles which led to overheating enough to crack the block, so gently caress paying for antifreeze to top that off every 30 minutes.

Also, turns out it is possible to kill a Ford 5.0, but you have to try really hard/be really lazy.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Don’t use tap water/unapproved coolant if you give a poo poo about the car’s long-term prospects. If you don’t then \_(ツ)_/¯

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:
I would call tap water results PO rot

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Big Taint posted:

Don’t use tap water/unapproved coolant if you give a poo poo about the car’s long-term prospects. If you don’t then \_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, but then how will I act all smug in front of goons. "Don't do that? Hasn't happened to me, so it will never happen."

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
What is a man? A miserable little pool of coolant.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

You haven't lived until you've had to piss in a radiator while on the side of a deserted road.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Goober Peas posted:

You haven't lived until you've had to piss in a radiator while on the side of a deserted road.

or haul a 5 gallon bucket full of water a couple miles trying not to let it slosh too badly

E and then try to pour it with shaking arms and that goddamn bucket edge!

spookykid fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Jan 1, 2018