Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
Just dump that poo poo on the floor and eat it like a animal.

Floor season best season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Buy your soylent with bitcoin

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

SiKboy posted:

Its good manners to mind your own business. You deal with your food, let everyone else deal with theirs.

Maybe it's good manners to try and make people tasty food, so you want them to return the same by JUST loving TASTING IT FIRST.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

CommonShore posted:

Buy your soylent with bitcoin

More like botulism coin

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The Bloop posted:

More like botulism coin

I dunno. Someone gave me a bag of Soylent 1.0 and I tried it with no issue whatsoever.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tiggum posted:

Or, and I know some people have a really hard time comprehending this, maybe I just understand that different people have different food preferences and it's not an insult to the cook to add condiments to things? It really, really isn't. And this isn't defensiveness, because I rarely add anything (even salt or pepper) to cooked food, I just think that if you complain about the condiments other people choose to put on their own food then you're a giant whinging baby.

Oh man that loving sucks, let me help you out! For Dinner tomorrow I want you to try some seasonings. Like Anything, get a good Jamaican Jerk or some Cumin and mix that in your next meal, it'll blow your m1ind!

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Imma sit down and stare y'all right in the eye chowing down black pepper neat outta the shaker all Christmas every Christmas merry Christmas mothafuckazzzzzz!!!!!!!

zidane13
Jan 2, 2005

by Smythe
Hey as long as that pepper doesn't touch any food you didn't make yourself, go for it.

But I swear to gently caress if one tiny speck of salt darest drop onto a McDonalds french fry that wasn't put there by the maker, I will find you, and I will gently caress kill you.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

zidane13 posted:

Hey as long as that pepper doesn't touch any food you didn't make yourself, go for it.

But I swear to gently caress if one tiny speck of salt darest drop onto a McDonalds french fry that wasn't put there by the maker, I will find you, and I will gently caress kill you.

Jesus H. Tittyfucking Christ, you'd think asking someone to taste food before seasoning it is like asking them to rape and murder a baby, as opposed to common sense and good manners.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Look all I wanted was a loving pepsi.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Samizdata posted:

Jesus H. Tittyfucking Christ, you'd think asking someone to taste food before seasoning it is like asking them to rape and murder a baby, as opposed to common sense and good manners.

What place do common sense and good manners have in this, the Life Hacks thread?

Karate Bastard posted:

Look all I wanted was a loving pepsi.

Life hack: Before drinking, salt your Pepsi to taste. Add pepper if desired.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
*Samizdata at the McDonalds drive-through*
Cashier: Would you like some ketchup or salt and pepper?
Samizdata: I would never offend your fine establishment as such, I have faith that I will taste the love and care in this dish
*eats a fry*
Samizdata: Hm, this could use some ketchup
*Samizdata queues back up in line*

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Grassy Knowles posted:

*Samizdata at the McDonalds drive-through*
Cashier: Would you like some ketchup or salt and pepper?
Samizdata: I would never offend your fine establishment as such, I have faith that I will taste the love and care in this dish
*eats a fry*
Samizdata: Hm, this could use some ketchup
*Samizdata queues back up in line*

I would go inside to get the ketchup. And I would try the fries first. Had some with almost no salt and some with too much salt.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Only a true goon would get mad about people tasting their food before dumping ketchup and salt on it.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

chitoryu12 posted:

Only a true goon would get mad about people tasting their food before dumping ketchup and salt on it.

we don't give a poo poo how samizdata eats their food, samizdata cares deeply about how others eat their food and we're mocking that.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
People caring deeply about dumb poo poo is like the entire internet, otherwise it never would have progressed past Mapquest and....whatever that old site was that told you movie times?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

bongwizzard posted:

People caring deeply about dumb poo poo is like the entire internet, otherwise it never would have progressed past Mapquest and....whatever that old site was that told you movie times?

555-FILK

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Grassy Knowles posted:

we don't give a poo poo how samizdata eats their food, samizdata cares deeply about how others eat their food and we're mocking that.
Because expecting you to try your food that an actual person made from ingredients (i.e. not fast food which is as close to 3d-printed food style product we currently have in mass rotation) is so drat difficult, right? My god, next he'll expect you to use a plate and a fork!

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

If I'm at a five star restaurant or somebody's home I'm tasting everything before I touch a condiment. If I'm at a Denny's I'm dumping maple syrup on everything before I take a bite.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Screaming Idiot posted:

Every time I eat Soylent I post all over the place.

You can just say "I eat Soylent", the rest is understood.

One of my co-workers uses Soylent's premixed shakes, but adds in a scoop of pre-work out powder and coffee to it, which seems like a lot of woo to saddle your body with all at once.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Look I have no idea why you talk to me like a normal person and expect me to be normal and enjoy normal people food when I just loving told you I loving love too much salt aight? Can you get that through your head yet? You made normal people food that normal people enjoy and I loving love too much salt, and I'll heap that poo poo on if like to, and man do I like to, kapish???

Don't assume my normalcy please tia

kapish, and also walla

zidane13
Jan 2, 2005

by Smythe
The Dinner Table
salt pepper what i have made you
? ? do not pervert it
eat it up fully
NO YES
!
/ \
Hollandaise Sauce

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Yawgmoth posted:

Because expecting you to try your food that an actual person made from ingredients (i.e. not fast food which is as close to 3d-printed food style product we currently have in mass rotation) is so drat difficult, right? My god, next he'll expect you to use a plate and a fork!

The discussion began with workplace cafeteria food, so nice try but yeah we're talking about garbage fast food

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Grassy Knowles posted:

The discussion began with workplace cafeteria food, so nice try but yeah we're talking about garbage fast food

Even fast food deserves a taste first, though. The Wendy's I hit up when I have a hankering for fries varies widely in how much they salt them. Sometimes it's a deer lick, sometimes I swear they just waved the salt shaker near the fryer and called it even.

No one's arguing that you can't season food to your liking, just that you should try it first to see how much, if any, seasoning it needs, jfc goons

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

"I'd been eating there for about four times as long as she'd worked there and the food had been completely tasteless all that time"

sorta implies to me that he knows that he needs to season the food through experience. don't try to respond to this with "it's good manners!!!" because nobody cares.

zidane13
Jan 2, 2005

by Smythe
sounds like he needs to stop going to the tasteless food hole

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

i'm going to say he goes there because it's the work cafeteria

zidane13
Jan 2, 2005

by Smythe
And Samiz is the lunch lady, right?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Turtlicious posted:

Oh man that loving sucks, let me help you out! For Dinner tomorrow I want you to try some seasonings. Like Anything, get a good Jamaican Jerk or some Cumin and mix that in your next meal, it'll blow your m1ind!
I put ingredients in food that I'm cooking. I just don't usually add extra seasonings or condiments to it after it's done.

zidane13
Jan 2, 2005

by Smythe
What about love?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

boo_radley posted:

You can just say "I eat Soylent", the rest is understood.

One of my co-workers uses Soylent's premixed shakes, but adds in a scoop of pre-work out powder and coffee to it, which seems like a lot of woo to saddle your body with all at once.

At least he's not adding Bulletproof Coffee to it, so it is woo-minimized. (Besides, if you are going to add caffeine to it, might as well be free, work-provided caffeine.)

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Grassy Knowles posted:

Yeah, because if I cook for you, why should I give a poo poo trying to make it good if I know you are going to cover it with a bunch of crap as soon as you get it?

sarcastx
Feb 26, 2005

Kwyndig posted:

Isn't Soylent deliberately tasteless nutrient sludge?

unrelated but i swear my cat escaped from your avatar

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Samizdata posted:

Yeah, because if I cook for you, why should I give a poo poo trying to make it good if I know you are going to cover it with a bunch of crap as soon as you get it?

Does that mean you're offering to cook for us? Because if you aren't my eating habits aren't something you should be getting ball Goony about

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
PYF Stupid Lifehacks: Don't salt this thread before reading it

alternate:

PYF Stupid Lifehacks: This thread is already salty enough

zidane13
Jan 2, 2005

by Smythe
What about love?

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

Samizdata posted:

please never cook for me

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Samizdata posted:

Would you like fries with that salt?

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

i cook and season dishes to the tastes of the people i'm feeding them to or eating with

lifehack: get to know your loved ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

Samizdata posted:

loving hell dude, I don't disagree with your opinion on this but you are being the most obnoxious, whining shithead about it. Just shut up and let it go.