Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
My London 2 rolls had me come away with L.A.A. and a random Vlad after a couple of 10 rolls. Decided to throw one ticket at it afterwards for yucks and actually got Tesla. This game is very silly.

Retcon posted:

I do have a Medea, but she's Lv. 60 since I used the hearts I had on other servants. Might still put her in my support list, since everyone has Hans and he's easy to upgrade, plus Medea with Heaven's Feel sounds fun.
Medea is S curve so there is functionally almost no difference between her at 60 vs. 70. A bigger deal would be if you can get her first skill to level 6 for a free +100% NP and reduced cooldown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
All my pulls got me is a 4 Shrouds of Magdalene and a Cu Chulain so at least not a total bust.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Can confirm Medea with MLB Black Grail is fantastic.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

My first two 10 rolls got me nothing of note, then I decided to do another one and got Lancer Alter on the last very summon :toot: She did a ton of work on my JP account and I really like the Alters in this game, so I'm glad to have her on this account as well.

Nate RFB posted:

Medea is S curve so there is functionally almost no difference between her at 60 vs. 70. A bigger deal would be if you can get her first skill to level 6 for a free +100% NP and reduced cooldown.
Good to know. I leveled her first skill to Lv. 6 some time ago, so that's already done.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Where's the best place to farm Octuplet Crystals?
One place says Gaul, another says Two Current Sea, the drop rate sucks so bad that neither of them has dropped one for me yet.
And I've already done the Mystic Code quests.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I wouldn't be surprised if there's some spaghetti code that makes NP skip impossible.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

the_steve posted:

Where's the best place to farm Octuplet Crystals?
One place says Gaul, another says Two Current Sea, the drop rate sucks so bad that neither of them has dropped one for me yet.
And I've already done the Mystic Code quests.

I just do the dailies because at least something will actually drop when I do one. Gaul is god awful though and should be avoided at all costs.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Marogareh posted:

I just do the dailies because at least something will actually drop when I do one. Gaul is god awful though and should be avoided at all costs.

Which ones? The 30ap Berserker ones? Or a different one?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Argas posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if there's some spaghetti code that makes NP skip impossible.
People once modded the game to be able to skip np along with cheating the damage formula. That pretty much ended with the encryption.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
I only dumped 30 quartz into this banner since I'm saving for Nero Bride. Got some 5* new craft essences and no servants so I'm not mad.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

the_steve posted:

Which ones? The 30ap Berserker ones? Or a different one?

The 30 and 20 are your best bet then two current sea. Everyone should bookmark the spreadsheet if you haven't already.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_SlTjrVRTgHgfS7sRqx4CeJMqlz687HdSlYqiW-JvQA/htmlview

Click on NA. Apparently you can farm them reliably in Agartha but that's forever away which sucks so much.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Marogareh posted:

The 30 and 20 are your best bet then two current sea. Everyone should bookmark the spreadsheet if you haven't already.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_SlTjrVRTgHgfS7sRqx4CeJMqlz687HdSlYqiW-JvQA/htmlview

Click on NA. Apparently you can farm them reliably in Agartha but that's forever away which sucks so much.

Thanks.
I have it bookmarked on my home computer, but I'm out of town until after New year's, so checking it there isn't an option.
Hopefully this will load on my phone so I can finally book it there.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

HGH posted:

This was awesome. I'm glad the director didn't die and was just teleported to the manga dimension.
So why is there no NP skip feature anyway?
Because they don't want to. They've said as much.

On a technical level, it's possible if not particularly easy, because things like damage, stargen and NP gain are keyed to hit events, and hit events are implemented via animation events, but it's nowhere near a deal-breaker. They just aren't gonna spend resources on fixing something that goes contrary to their design vision. (As an anecdote, when Musashi was first released her Arts was statted for 4 hits but her animation accidentally left out the 4th hit event, so she did less damage, NP gain and so on. That got fixed quickly enough)

Sodium Chloride posted:

That is a terrible thing for localisers to do and explains a lot about the FGO localisation.

"Almost weekly" - that still doesn't make sense.
To be fair, a lot of people bitch when they find themselves meeting something unfamiliar, even if it's objectively better.
But yeah it's not great when the accepted choices are suboptimal. Extella had a similar issue. FSN-era skill names, for example, could be better but they're now firmly cemented so no changing them.

Nyaa posted:

People once modded the game to be able to skip np along with cheating the damage formula. That pretty much ended with the encryption.
Pretty sure the hacked versions just nuked all the animations. It's easier to change the NP animation into a null animation with all the hit events played in 0.1s than create a proper NP skip feature. Fanpatches don't need proper UX.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Dec 27, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I can understand using established conventions for a few things but whats the point of changing loving neutral to balance when this chart has existed for decades before Fate was even created.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

They also changed Knight of Honor to Owner and Artoria to Altria so

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I can understand using established conventions for a few things but whats the point of changing loving neutral to balance when this chart has existed for decades before Fate was even created.

Weeklies sometimes demand you to kill "Neutral Servants" where "Neutral" can be Law-Chaos axis or Good-Evil axis and it's hard to distinguish between them if you use the same word. In Japanese that's no problem because they use different kanji. The former is 中立 (neutral as in "Switzerland is neutral") and the latter is 中庸 (middle way or moderation, jisho gives me the example "It is difficult to find a happy medium between city and countryside.").

Nasu made up his own definitions for the chart, anyways.

Plutonis posted:

They also changed Knight of Honor to Owner and Artoria to Altria so
Altria is TM. Can't fight that one.
Owner is the correct version :v:

Kyte fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Dec 27, 2017

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

I pulled Altria Alter, Imaginary element, Necromancy, and Prisma Cosmos in my second ten pull of London 2.

I'm good with that.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
What does knight of owner even mean

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
He's good at owning things.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tired Moritz posted:

What does knight of owner even mean

Anything Lancelot touches comes into his possession as a Zerker. He literally steals a fighter jet and uses it with this. Knight of Owner does not take a lot of thought as to what it means, it just sounds lame as gently caress because it's engrish as hell.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Captain Baal posted:

Anything Lancelot touches comes into his possession as a Zerker. He literally steals a fighter jet and uses it with this. Knight of Owner does not take a lot of thought as to what it means, it just sounds lame as gently caress because it's engrish as hell.

I choose to believe Knight of Owner is actually an Engrish-based pun that is SUPPOSED to sound like Knight of Honor, and is therefore great :colbert:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
i didn't know lancelot is a rude thief

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Japan loving loves their puns, so I don't doubt it

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

I mean, well,

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Sanguinia posted:

I choose to believe Knight of Owner is actually an Engrish-based pun that is SUPPOSED to sound like Knight of Honor, and is therefore great :colbert:

It is supposed to sound like Knight of Honor, yes. Knight of Owner still explains what it does even with the pun; anything he touches becomes a Noble Phantasm that he owns, or if he takes a different person's Noble Phantasm he's able to use it.

It's a Noble Phantasm built out of his Eternal Arms Mastery ability, that's sealed when using Arondight.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Tired Moritz posted:

Lancelot: Stealing fighter jets, miniguns, and wives.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The Mahabhros are coming in the new years fyi

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Also 1/2 AP Training Grounds.

Too bad it starts one day after Zerker dailies.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tired Moritz posted:

He's the rudest

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Also (more importantly for me) rate ups and animation updates for Cu, Saber Alter, Medea, and Medusa

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Hm. Guess I'll hold off on rolling for S.Alter now because I want to snag both her and Nero during Saber Wars.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Does the end of the combat uniform quest guarantee some heart drops or is it just a chance? Gonna need 2 for Lalter.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Oh Snapple! posted:

Does the end of the combat uniform quest guarantee some heart drops or is it just a chance? Gonna need 2 for Lalter.

1 Heart Drop guaranteed.

The next guaranteed set is in Saber Wars, and there's a farmable Demon node there too.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Ah well, that's not so bad, then thanks. Can at least get Lalter to 3rd ascension without them, and might as well just use the two hearts I have on Medea.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

ZiegeDame posted:

Lancelot: Stealing fighter jets, miniguns, and wives.
Not gonna lie, he fight between his jet and Gilgamesh's loving flying throne was stupid as hell and one of the low points of Zero for me.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I updated Edmond's section in the most recent reviews to make up for the mistake I made on his summary and reduced his score a little to match a more realistic rating for him. I'm working on the America section rn so you'll probably see me drop that in a few days, but I'm gonna go through it a few more times than I normally do so I don't seem like I'm crazy for forgetting things here and there or missing certain things.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

RanKizama posted:

Not gonna lie, he fight between his jet and Gilgamesh's loving flying throne was stupid as hell and one of the low points of Zero for me.

You have to :nms: an opinion this bad :barf:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I hope America is a fun singularity. London had a mostly good end from Tesla on but that was...literally it, to be honest.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
America is the first truly good singularity in FGO, and iIn general, the whole run from America to the end of Part 1 is just some of the best writing in all of the Fate series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

That's good to hear, primarily because I was afraid the amazing title of NORTH AMERICAN MYTH WAR was writing some checks the singularity would not be able to cash.

edit: oh hey, 10 apology quartz

Oh Snapple! fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Dec 27, 2017