Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
if you are rich internet commies are mostly mad you are alive as opposed to dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
it begiiiins....

evidently analysts have decided that a premium price point might limit demand for a product, amazing.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
lol

you know, rich fucks generally aren't lying when they say they became rich through their hard work, in that most of them had the option to do far less work in exchange for smaller but still perfectly comfortable sums of money. the underlying reason why they are all fucks lies in the motivation behind the decision to push the slider all the way to the figgies side of the trade-off, because you max out on mid-to-long term financial security pretty quickly.

well the motivation isn't to buy the world's largest collection of action mans, it's to buy superiority over other human beings. any time they see a service worker looking at all happy, or not debasing themselves to the maximum extent possible before them, it devalues their investment into that objective. so that's why they invariably all promote and vote for all the anti worker rights, anti minimum wage poo poo, because that is what it is really all about: it is not enough that i win, everybody else must lose.

the us vs them poo poo always originates from the fucks at the top, for reasons of pure malice. "internet commies" are just people who recognize the situation for what it is and make the feeling mutual.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

cinci zoo sniper posted:

is he yuan millionaire or something

net worth of at least 10 million USD and stunningly, unbelievably cheap, to a level that would embarrass a scottish grandmother. and mean about it, too.

anthonypants posted:

if anyone is shocked at this behavior, do yourself a favor and read Dickens' A Christmas Carol sometime

well yeah but it's still pretty loving rare that you meet someone in real life whose behavior matches a caricature of a miser intended to be a comically exaggerated moral fable

Anyway it's pretty clear that being wealthy is inherently haraam but being generous goes a long way towards redemption. got another friend who's a several-millionaire and he is out of touch and bougie as gently caress in a lot of ways but he also buys everyone's booze every time we go out so I think that at least earns him advance notice of the revolution or something

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Sapozhnik posted:

lol

you know, rich fucks generally aren't lying when they say they became rich through their hard work, in that most of them had the option to do far less work in exchange for smaller but still perfectly comfortable sums of money. the underlying reason why they are all fucks lies in the motivation behind the decision to push the slider all the way to the figgies side of the trade-off, because you max out on mid-to-long term financial security pretty quickly.

well the motivation isn't to buy the world's largest collection of action mans, it's to buy superiority over other human beings. any time they see a service worker looking at all happy, or not debasing themselves to the maximum extent possible before them, it devalues their investment into that objective. so that's why they invariably all promote and vote for all the anti worker rights, anti minimum wage poo poo, because that is what it is really all about : it is not enough that i win, everybody else must lose.

the us vs them poo poo always originates from the fucks at the top, for reasons of pure malice. "internet commies" are just people who recognize the situation for what it is and make the feeling mutual.

intetnet_commies.txt

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

infernal machines posted:

it begiiiins....

evidently analysts have decided that a premium price point might limit demand for a product, amazing.
apple thread is elsewhere

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

cinci zoo sniper posted:

intetnet_commies.txt

Every time a closing bell rings, an extremely online man gets his rose emoji.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

apple thread is elsewhere

lol, yeah wrong tab

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

net worth of at least 10 million USD and stunningly, unbelievably cheap, to a level that would embarrass a scottish grandmother. and mean about it, too.

well yeah but it's still pretty loving rare that you meet someone in real life whose behavior matches a caricature of a miser intended to be a comically exaggerated moral fable

can't be that cheap if he's going to a fancy country club and paying for your meals

like, if he were really miserly he'd probably stay at home and give you a plate of rice and beans, or take you to a regular restaurant and tell you to pick up your own check

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

cinci zoo sniper posted:

no that's OSHA violation

- 0 - days since sore bum bum

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Triglav posted:

is 1-ply toilet paper miserliness?

i think miserly would be stocking 1 ply guest toilet paper, frugal would be using the 1 ply yourself

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

The Management posted:

if you can’t spend 85 cents on yourself you have a crippling mental disease.

having said that, internet communists are mad when rich person spends money and mad when rich person doesn’t spend money. which is it?

it's almost like the anger isn't at how they use it, but that they ever had it at all

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

Sapozhnik posted:

"internet commies" are just people who recognize the situation for what it is and make the feeling mutual.

maybe instead of crying on the internet they should just get a better job and then they would have the big figs and if they care so much they can give all the big figs away to poor people

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

yospos: "have you tried not being poor?"

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

angry_keebler posted:

maybe instead of crying on the internet they should just get a better job and then they would have the big figs and if they care so much they can give all the big figs away to poor people

That would mean doing something other than crying on twitter

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

angry_keebler posted:

drat looks like you just solved communism

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

angry_keebler posted:

Furia posted:

That would mean doing something other than crying on twitter

uhh i think you two should leave

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Sagebrush posted:

Nice racist characture

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

carry on then posted:

it's almost like the anger isn't at how they use it, but that they ever had it at all

why would you be angry at someone for having money?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Sapozhnik posted:

lol

well the motivation isn't to buy the world's largest collection of action mans, it's to buy superiority over other human beings. any time they see a service worker looking at all happy, or not debasing themselves to the maximum extent possible before them, it devalues their investment into that objective. so that's why they invariably all promote and vote for all the anti worker rights, anti minimum wage poo poo, because that is what it is really all about : it is not enough that i win, everybody else must lose.

you have some very odd ideas about human motivations. have you ever considered that some people just want to get rich so they can get laid with more attractive people?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

The Management posted:

you have some very odd ideas about human motivations. have you ever considered that some people just want to get rich so they can get laid with more attractive people?

This is just dumb score keeping mentality extended to treating other humans as trophies.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
i just figured it was gimmickposting to go along with their username

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

angry_keebler posted:

:thunk:

The Management posted:

Very large accumulations of money are generally acquired by those at the top of the capitalist system, by directly exploiting their workers and indirectly exploiting everyone else poor

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
lmao at all the bougie fucks outing themselves

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Death to America

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Blue Train posted:

Death to America

Behead the rich, distribute their wealth evenly among the people

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Themage posted:

lmao at all the bougie fucks outing themselves

man, and I thought the d&d trump thread tax cut benefitters outing themselves was bad.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

anthonypants posted:

i just figured it was gimmickposting to go along with their username

Nah, one time he pm'd me to tell me I was dumb for not wanting to be out as trans at work because he was sitting next to a trans right now and no one is mean to them.

He's really that disconnected from reality.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

Blue Train posted:

Death to America

Silver Alicorn posted:

Behead the rich, distribute their wealth evenly among the people

eh, whatever's faster

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Management posted:

it really depends how they got it, and what they intend to do with it

like its an rear end in a top hat move to get rich and use that new found power to make it harder for others to get rich

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

echinopsis posted:

it really depends how they got it, and what they intend to do with it

like its an rear end in a top hat move to get rich and use that new found power to make it harder for others to get rich

what if you’re born rich and don’t give a gently caress as long as you don’t have to do anything

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

creationist believer posted:

what if you’re born rich and don’t give a gently caress as long as you don’t have to do anything

guillotines

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

cis autodrag posted:

Nah, one time he pm'd me to tell me I was dumb for not wanting to be out as trans at work because he was sitting next to a trans right now and no one is mean to them.

He's really that disconnected from reality.

here’s the content of my pm. it was at the peak of your hyperventilating about accepting a position and the jobs thread, myself included, were trying to be encouraging.

quote:

The Management wrote on May 31, 2017 10:35 AM:
Hi. I work at Apple and I know several openly trans people at the company and nobody gives a poo poo. So I suggest you take a deep breath and relax. It's going to be fine. You can be open about it if you want to, or you can keep it private. Management certainly doesn't care and HR is very aware of these issues.

nowhere did I call you dumb. I suggested that you have the option to be open about it if you so desire. there is no part of it that is disparaging.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

creationist believer posted:

thats ok I guess

i'll allow it

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Bougie apple fucks get out of our poor ppl Android thread.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

The Management posted:

here’s the content of my pm. it was at the peak of your hyperventilating about accepting a position and the jobs thread, myself included, were trying to be encouraging.

nowhere did I call you dumb. I suggested that you have the option to be open about it if you so desire. there is no part of it that is disparaging.

You really have no idea how condescending that sounds coming from a rich straight white dude? It's incredible.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Rose gold guillotines for all stebe class traitors.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

The Management posted:

*exaggeratedly pulling at my collar*

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Sapozhnik posted:

lol

i have met people who have told me that your actual value is your economic value and nothing more. like, your paycheck is the sole measure of your worth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

kwinklesOFFICIAL posted:

i have met people who have told me that your actual value is your economic value and nothing more. like, your paycheck is the sole measure of your worth.
beep boop i am economist

• Locked thread