Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Why does living in the US have to be so confusing. I'm just confused as poo poo about everything at all times.

Organizing society at any level is an infringement on my sovereign individual rights, and I willingly make things harder for myself rather than abridge those rights for the good of all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Why does living in the US have to be so confusing. I'm just confused as poo poo about everything at all times.

On the other hand I can buy like 10 gallons of coke for a dollar. #MAGA

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Data Graham posted:

Doctors are important people with busy schedules, plan your illnesses accordingly.

Much like your pregnancies and their golf games.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

CommissarMega posted:

Is there a story behind the fight? My headphones are a little wonky at the moment, so I couldn't really make out what they were saying.

The video starts after the actual cause of the fight and they never bring it up. What's definitely obvious:

1. The couple both throw the first hits (the guy in green doesn't do anything but push the woman away when he gets slapped and it only turns into a 2 vs. 1 when her boyfriend/husband tries to attack him).

2. The guy in green is moving away from the fight, getting in one good hit that takes out his opponents before backing off. He isn't trying to annihilate them by stomping on them or punching them in the head repeatedly.

So whatever it is, it probably wasn't his fault and he's trying surprisingly hard to stay within legal self-defense boundaries.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

I don't know guys, having my girlfriend intercept a haymaker with her chin for me is #relationshipgoals.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Always pick a girl that's down to fight.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Solice Kirsk posted:

Always pick a girl that's down to fight.

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhl2dM4xO7B1b456xJ

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Dayum, they have weight classes for a reason.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene

Good. gently caress that dude. :colbert:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Hahahaha. gently caress that poo poo head.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

https://i.imgur.com/v9dgZYP.gifv

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

The Something Awful Forums > Main > Post Your Favorite (or Request): Coldly Compiled Lists > Schadenfreude Thread: What did they think would happen?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I'm the carefully painted en dash on the wall

be

here-be

active

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

blunt for century posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Main > Post Your Favorite (or Request): Coldly Compiled Lists > Schadenfreude Thread: What did they think would happen?

This is one of the few gifs where I was absolutely certain that someone would get hit in the balls, and then they didn't, but still ended up getting hit somewhere pretty bad.

zidane13
Jan 2, 2005

by Smythe
Kid really didn't wanna look at that dudes dick.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
I can sorta see that they were trying some sort of demonstration about proper form and use of a wedge . . . but even ignoring the rest of the foolishness, why not stand with your back turned?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Pook Good Mook posted:

I can sorta see that they were trying some sort of demonstration about proper form and use of a wedge . . . but even ignoring the rest of the foolishness, why not stand with your back turned?
Are your nuts on your back?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Cage posted:

Are your nuts on your back?

Aren't yours?

Wait, is this dimension C-137?

ffffffffff

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013
I keep missing out on the sick-leave chat, but is there a way to gently and politely beat it into management's head that not everyone gets over a cold in 24 hours? (Also my parents, while you're at it?) Every single cold I've ever had took 2 full WEEKS, not a day or two. Same with flu. I'm probably on the slow end of the cold-recovery bell curve, but I'm definitely not the only one on the planet who is sick for more than a day at a time. :(

And that's why we go to work while sick.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Yea, unionize everything.

Otherwise, find a skill that let's you individually sling your value around at a company in an industry that will value it.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

We had a security guard at my last job who they wouldn't even take off the schedule when she said she was out indefinitely for medical reasons, but refused to even look at FMLA paperwork. Same person also stole four TVs (I had the lock readings and security footage to prove it), threatened and cussed out both coworkers and customers, stole from the little pantry we had for guests, and repeatedly called in sick last minute only for a social media check to reveal she was actually at Bike Week in Myrtle Beach or other events...not even a write up.

They were understandably a little gun-shy after a former employee successfully sued them for a year's wages, saying she was fired for protected speech (even though shouting up and down a hallway full of hotel guests doesn't fit the labor board's definition of protected speech)

While I was waiting to resolve the security guard issue, I was suddenly fired after 10 years without so much as a writeup for "inconsistent leadership" by a GM who was under fire for bad financials and looking to deflect attention onto underlings.

Long story short, HR in America is the sound of farts and clown car horns; the hotel industry doubly so.

Rev. Bleech_ has a new favorite as of 00:25 on Dec 27, 2017

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Same as the cops, don't talk to HR.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

idgi, is it just a led powered by a usb device?

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

im pooping! posted:

It's a portable battery bank to recharge your phone on the go. Except, y'know, an incredibly lovely and shoddy fake of one.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

im pooping! posted:

Looks like a fake external hard drive.

e: ^^^^^^^ or that! ^^^^^^^

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

BlackIronHeart posted:

It's a portable battery bank to recharge your phone on the go. Except, y'know, an incredibly lovely and shoddy fake of one.

Nope.

TheRagamuffin posted:

Yep.

Someone taking a flash drive and trying to pass it off as a larger external HDD. Got one similar from ebay back in the day. They had formated it to look like a 1tb but when you start putting files on it over 32gb it would just copy over the already existing files. The metal glued in is just for weight.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
Well, that's... Ugh.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

im pooping! posted:

BlackIronHeart posted:

It's a fake external USB SSD drive. They've removed the housing on a bog standard flash drive and wired in an LED to flash on reads and writes.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

TheRagamuffin posted:

It's this. The chip comes with like 2gb of data capacity, and the firmware tells the computer you plug it in to that you have 256 or whatever it was advertised with. Then you try to start copying things to it and it fails, you figure out why, and the ebay store you bought it off ignores your emails and then mysteriously stops existing.

Some of the ways they make them are pretty artistic, I like the one where the chip is held between two large nuts, added for weight.

That could also sort of go in the PYF photos that look NWS but aren't thread.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

TontoCorazon posted:

Same as the cops, don't talk to HR.

Also document everything, forward anything egregious to an outside email, basically CYA because HR is there for the company, not for you

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

GoodyTwoShoes posted:

I keep missing out on the sick-leave chat, but

you motherfucker

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
https://i.imgur.com/rJZaUaE.mp4

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Also document everything, forward anything egregious to an outside email, basically CYA because HR is there for the company, not for you

Yeap

stevewm
May 10, 2005

Memento posted:

It's this. The chip comes with like 2gb of data capacity, and the firmware tells the computer you plug it in to that you have 256 or whatever it was advertised with. Then you try to start copying things to it and it fails, you figure out why, and the ebay store you bought it off ignores your emails and then mysteriously stops existing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xJfC3jCPXM

8GB drive sold as a "1TB".

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Dear god, that's giving me flashbacks to my old job. We had to restore a pc off a set of backup disks, and the boss gave me a single floppy. That was the ENTIRE backup.

Apparently when he was getting the message to insert a disk, he just hit enter and let it overwrite the same disk over and over again.

I do not miss that job.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
https://i.imgur.com/2xDGa9L.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/4aBjfnC.gifv

The_Hatt
Apr 29, 2005

That's a good way to gently caress up your deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

When I was in high school a kid in the golf club had his eye blown out of his head by a golf ball while standing on some golf course. I wasn't there but my buddy was and he said it was gruesome as hell.