Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

elf help book posted:

the switch rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

download stardew Valley

even if you have it on pc it just feels so good on the switch

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

elf help book posted:

the switch rules

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Anyone played tiny metal?

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe

my morning jackass posted:

Anyone played tiny metal?

Yeah it's not worth the money imo wait till wargroove

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
No but I've heard it's not that great. Apparently plays like Advance Wars except it simplifies it without adding anything new -- no more repairing or resupplying vehicles, or merging troops together , fewer terrain types, etc. I think Wargroove is coming in January and it looks a lot better

edit: there ya go

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Ahhh drat, wargroove looks cool but I’m not super jazzed about the fantasy setting. I just want a new advance wars basically.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Tiny Metal was made by the dude who kickstarted Project Phoenix, probably using the money meant for Project Phoenix. idk how it got so much coverage in light of that fact, and also because it looks bad

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
It's the only game I've up and deleted off my switch. (Excluding that time I deleted splatoon to redownload it to my SD card.)

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

elf help book posted:

Picross S
Mighty Gunvolt Burst
Spelunker Party
Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap
Blaster Master Zero
Kamiko (Small fun game that's only $2)

Volgarr's on sale for $5

How much content is there in Spelunker Party?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

How much content is there in Spelunker Party?

100+ stages plus youd have to replay stages if you want to collect all equipment and you can play every stage coop

my switch says ive played 10+ hours and im only like 30% through the game

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
Shovel knight is extremely good and cool and I own it on 3 systems.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

shove me like you do posted:

Shovel knight is extremely good and cool and I own it on 3 systems.

Same here. Vita, PC and Switch.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Shovel Knight is awesome. I only have it on PC but it’s a must-own on any system

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

Shovel Knight is awesome. I only have it on PC but it’s a must-own on any system

its fantastic, and weve still got king knight who's got some Wario moves to look forward to

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I never played anything but the base campaign maybe I'll grab it again and do it on Switch. They're really good/different, right? The King Knight trailer shows a Triple Triad looking card game 👀👀

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
is there a reason to play the box boy games in order? or is it like pushmo and crashmo where the new games improve on the old ones in every way

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

plague knight is just the shovel knight campaign with a new bouncy guy (hes fun as hell and has some exclusive boss fights and you should absolutely playthrough w him), and spectre knight is a 100% new campaign with remixed tracks

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

is there a reason to play the box boy games in order? or is it like pushmo and crashmo where the new games improve on the old ones in every way

You'll get more total Box Boy out of it because the first games still have good puzzles. Also you may not want to play them in reverse since it'll feel weird losing features (plus there are unlocks that carry over between games) -- mainlining them might be kind of rough though because they each start out way too easy before you get to the good stuff

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

I.N.R.I posted:

the second Boxboy is literally a continuation of the first one using the gimmick they introduce at the end of that game, the third one adds original gimmicks

Pushmo/Crashmo/Stretchmo are different mechanics each time, they don't really supersede each other but I do like the later ones more

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Tiny Metal was made by the dude who kickstarted Project Phoenix, probably using the money meant for Project Phoenix. idk how it got so much coverage in light of that fact, and also because it looks bad

Idk what project pheonix is but im glad every kickstarter is a scam

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

mysterious loyall X posted:

Idk what project pheonix is but im glad every kickstarter is a scam

Japanese-Australian producer guy got a bunch of high-profile JRPG people to cosign his kickstarter, raised a million dollars and didn't do anything because his plan didn't include full-time programmers, and now he's saying if people buy Tiny Metal he might think about trying to finish his other game again and people are just rolling with it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Japanese-Australian producer guy got a bunch of high-profile JRPG people to cosign his kickstarter, raised a million dollars and didn't do anything because his plan didn't include full-time programmers, and now he's saying if people buy Tiny Metal he might think about trying to finish his other game again and people are just rolling with it

someone shoulda showed him the rpgmaker humble bundle

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
here's a weird question; and it might even be more of a tech question than Nintendo specific but feh

I have a Wii U and I am using a Western Digital passport hard drive. The Wii U's usb ports do not give off enough power to power an external hard drive unless it's one of those ones that have a literal wall plug, and I refuse to use those out of stubbornness. yes I tried a Y adapter with my passport where it will use 2 USB ports but it wasn't enough power still!

so my surge protector has a USB port that claims it is strong enough to charge even an ipad pro 12". so I plugged in this USB "splitter" thing; basically it's a USB port male on one end and 5 USB female on the other end. i suppose it's a "hub" but it doesn't plug into an outlet so i am not even sure wtf it is

so i pluged it into that port on my surge protector, then plugged my amazon echo and WiiU hard drive into it (so the Y connector plugged into my wii u has one wire going to the wii U, and the other going to this USB splitter thing

is this a bad idea for any reason? is it gonna give my hard drive or wii U a shorter lifespan? i notice the western digital passport's LED light never turns off, even if the wii U is off. however, it isn't spinning or anything if the wii U is off

if my question seems nuts please consider I used an ipad USB brick to power my fire TV stick and the thing kept rebooting itself and it was boiling hot (the fire stick). once I switched back to the one that came in the box it never happened again, so I think this notion that USB devices only received the voltage they are supposed to is a load of poo poo (i think)

sorry for all the words but i want my wii U and its necessary hard drive to provide decades of enjoyment for my household :tipshat:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I'm checking out the Rayman Legends demo right now and it seems like it could be really cool -- the platforming physics are a little weird but satisfying, and the animation and backgrounds are gorgeous. Is the game cool/does it get challenging? My ideal platformer is something like Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

legends is really good. it's no tropical freeze but it doesn't cost 60 bucks either

the demo showcases the most basic stages and it definitely ramps up, the game also has collectibles that unlock extra stages and challenges that dont pull any punches, like how the KONG letters unlocked super levels

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
i will champion rayman legends any chance i get: it's supremely intensely good. one of the best platformers ive played.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Sold, sounds like a steal for $25

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Wait are yoy buying the wii u version because thats literally a gimped versi9n where half the stages you do touch gimmicks while rayman is controlled by a cpu

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

No I'm getting it on Switch I hope it's not gimped lol

edit: apparently it's the Definitive Edition and it's got everything from all the previous platforms it was released on so it has the touchscreen stuff but also the "normal" levels the Wii U version didn't have

goferchan fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Dec 27, 2017

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

so i pluged it into that port on my surge protector, then plugged my amazon echo and WiiU hard drive into it (so the Y connector plugged into my wii u has one wire going to the wii U, and the other going to this USB splitter thing

is this a bad idea for any reason? is it gonna give my hard drive or wii U a shorter lifespan? i notice the western digital passport's LED light never turns off, even if the wii U is off. however, it isn't spinning or anything if the wii U is off

if my question seems nuts please consider I used an ipad USB brick to power my fire TV stick and the thing kept rebooting itself and it was boiling hot (the fire stick). once I switched back to the one that came in the box it never happened again, so I think this notion that USB devices only received the voltage they are supposed to is a load of poo poo (i think)

you should be fine, because your devices really should only draw its rated current or fallback if the power supply isn't providing enough current

if you want peace of mind get a inline usb ammeter to make sure you are drawing the right amount of current from your source

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

goferchan posted:

No I'm getting it on Switch I hope it's not gimped lol

edit: apparently it's the Definitive Edition and it's got everything from all the previous platforms it was released on so it has the touchscreen stuff but also the "normal" levels the Wii U version didn't have

the Switch version has the touchscreen stuff for singleplayer but not multiplayer like on Wii U/Vita, plus the player cap is 4 rather than 5 and the load times are worse than every other version. it's fine but it's not "definitive"

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Everyone please buy Battle Chef Brigade for your Nintendo Switch

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

the Switch version has the touchscreen stuff for singleplayer but not multiplayer like on Wii U/Vita, plus the player cap is 4 rather than 5 and the load times are worse than every other version. it's fine but it's not "definitive"

The load times have been fixed by a patch.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

angry_keebler posted:

you should be fine, because your devices really should only draw its rated current or fallback if the power supply isn't providing enough current

if you want peace of mind get a inline usb ammeter to make sure you are drawing the right amount of current from your source

Thank you kindly. Just ordered that doohickey

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

ArfJason posted:

Wait are yoy buying the wii u version because thats literally a gimped versi9n where half the stages you do touch gimmicks while rayman is controlled by a cpu
That explains why I was less impressed with it than you. I'll get the PC version and try again.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

found an snes classic at target. I'm ready to game

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

anyone's get bricked by hacking it?

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
I haven’t hacked mine yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I met someone special tonight in this fanmade Zelda that I'm playing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0RM3AYwjOc&t=547s