Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Waltzing Along posted:

Yes, so I searched the thread but can't find the reference. I put a cucumber on my PS4 but my cat still doesn't care. She just wants Temptations all the time.

Yeah I dunno how this meme sticks since every single person I know with a cat (including myself) has tried this and failed.

Edit: Oh hey new page, so, uh, who's not ready for the MonHun trial to end tonight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

knows a black guy
Jun 18, 2005

I just picked up Obduction on the holiday sale, trying the chase the high I got from playing The Witness. Is it any good?

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

SettingSun posted:

Edit: Oh hey new page, so, uh, who's not ready for the MonHun trial to end tonight?

Having never played one but reading good stuff about them, I was super pumped for MonHun. I got the demo when it first came out, played for 15 minutes and didn't touch it again.

This time I didn't even remember to download the demo.

I'm fairly certain I won't be getting MonHun World.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Edmond Dantes posted:

Having never played one but reading good stuff about them, I was super pumped for MonHun. I got the demo when it first came out, played for 15 minutes and didn't touch it again.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I pre-ordered MH World deluxe edition last night on the PSN, felt good.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Olive! posted:

I'm sorry for your loss.

I'll have to play through Bloodborne again.

Oh no.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
My nephew got Inside and Limbo and beat them both on Christmas day, and I had to laugh when he was like "wait each one is only like four hours?" because I had the exact same reaction when I first played Limbo when it was released years ago and some variation of this thread told me what an idiot I was.

Though I will say the final hour of Inside is extremely strong whereas you never do anything as interesting in Limbo as killing the spider, which happens in the first hour or so.

Both have basically a non-ending though which is an odd choice for games mostly based around puzzle solving to keep watching the story unfold (and no real replay value once you know the solution to every puzzle). Drunkenly trying to explain some of the trickier electricity and gravity puzzles in the later Limbo stages was a highlight, though.

Wolfsheim fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Dec 26, 2017

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Wolfsheim posted:

My nephew got Inside and Limbo and beat them both on Christmas day, and I had to laugh when he was like "wait each one is only like four hours?" because I had the exact same reaction when I first played Limbo when it was released years ago and some variation of this thread told me what an idiot I was.

Though I will say the final hour of Inside is extremely strong whereas you never do anything as interesting in Limbo as killing the spider, which happens in the first hour or so.

Both have basically a non-ending though which is an odd choice for games mostly based around puzzle solving to keep watching the story unfold (and no real replay value once you know the solution to every puzzle). Drunkenly trying to explain some of the trickier electricity and gravity puzzles in the later Limbo stages was a highlight, though.

I think both games are overrated. They're polished and definitely worth a playthrough, but I'm not sure if the stories in either game even have much discussion value among friends. I respect what Play Dead is aiming for, I suppose. Maybe if both games were part of a larger, anthologized package of the developer's work...

But as it stands, I'd rather sit around and watch Don Herzfeldt animated shorts than trudge through Play Dead animated shorts.

Edmond Dantes posted:

:chloe:

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Dec 26, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Little Nightmares was Inside but better and without the dumb last bit.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

if i ran play dead i would have made a blob game that was fun instead of wasting my time making the same lame puzzle platformer again with a bigger graphics budget but ho hum.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

PlayStation 4: Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry™ Series

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

What's the new hotness coming up? I got me a pro and getting a x900e. Besides monster hunter what's coming up?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Days Gone, God of War, Spider-Man

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it
So why did my PS4 suddenly add a “buy Destiny 2 now!” box to the front of my games list? Are they so desperate for sales they’re trying to get people to click it by mistake thinking it’s the last game they played?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
DBZFighterz, Shadow of Colossus Remake, Ni No Kuni II, Yak 6 - and probably more Kiwamis -, whatever FROM is working on - although I doubt those are going to be '18 releases -, the Ninja Samurai game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

sotc in feb

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Popular Human posted:

So why did my PS4 suddenly add a “buy Destiny 2 now!” box to the front of my games list? Are they so desperate for sales they’re trying to get people to click it by mistake thinking it’s the last game they played?

To disable ads on the home screen, go to Settings - System - Automatic Downloads - Uncheck Featured Content

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Popular Human posted:

Are they so desperate for sales

Probably

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
No one is looking forward to Days Gone

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8rbxxNrhYo

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

haveblue posted:

I'm cautiously optimistic

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...
Jesus loving Christ... At least they broke my heart early and didn't let me believe in DMC5 for too long.

Can't wait for the Chrono Trigger 2 pinball table, Half-Life 3 board game, TimeSplitters 4 interactive novel and Shemue 3 slots machine.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Oh man I want shadow of Colossus to be as pretty as horizon.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

hot drat i'm not gonna read the 40,000 posts i've missed here

i bought myself a red and blue DS4 to add to my white one so my niece and nephew can play games with me when they're visiting and we won't be limited to one player games. I bought these xbox 360 buttons like 2 years ago for me to use on a DS4 that I plan on using with my PC and they've been sitting around so I can finally use them since i'll have the 2 other controllers

successfully installed it and everything still works on it so that's good

it's not exactly simple and a spring for one of the triggers popped out and it took a few tries to get it back into place. all is well.

e: just realized the touchpad buttons were working but not the touchpad itself. opened it up and it looked like the ribbon cable slipped out. took a few tries to close the case without accidentally yanking it back out but i finally got it. fun times

Scrotum Modem fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Dec 27, 2017

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

i bought myself a red and blue DS4 to add to my white one so my niece and nephew can play games with me when they're visiting and we won't be limited to one player games. I bought these xbox 360 buttons like 2 years ago for me to use on a DS4 that I plan on using with my PC and they've been sitting around so I can finally use them since i'll have the 2 other controllers

it's not exactly simple and a spring for one of the triggers popped out and it took a few tries to get it back into place. all is well.
That gives me weird feelings to look at.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

This is what W warned us about!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

CordlessPen posted:

Jesus loving Christ... At least they broke my heart early and didn't let me believe in DMC5 for too long.

Can't wait for the Chrono Trigger 2 pinball table, Half-Life 3 board game, TimeSplitters 4 interactive novel and Shemue 3 slots machine.

Chrono Trigger Pinball sounds awesome though

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

haveblue posted:

This is what W warned us about!
I knew 2017 would be a year of chaos and uncertainty but drat.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

yeah i know i prob look like i'm looking for enemies posting this here. if you use your DS4 for PC games and you're all cool with translating xbox buttons to ps buttons in your head then awesome. i wanted to try this out and see how i like it

i just don't want to use an actual xbox controller. i prefer the ds4 design

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

on a side note relating to using the DS4 on a PC, apparently using this bluetooth adapter instead of a typical USB one or one already built into your system adds headphone jack support to windows/macos. dunno if i'm into spending that much but i think it's good to know since i always assumed that you couldn't use the headphone jack on the PC

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I've been trying to install The Division for the past two days. Last time I checked I had 132 hours until the download completes. I deleted and reinstalled since that doesn't seem right at all. I bought Dark Souls 3 at the same time and that game was done in a day.

Laughing Man
Feb 11, 2008
I thought what I’d do was pretend I was one of those deaf mutes, or something...

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

yeah i know i prob look like i'm looking for enemies posting this here. if you use your DS4 for PC games and you're all cool with translating xbox buttons to ps buttons in your head then awesome. i wanted to try this out and see how i like it

i just don't want to use an actual xbox controller. i prefer the ds4 design

I wouldn't mind a set of stickers with the Xbox buttons on them, been looking for something like that with Mac command keys for Windows keyboards. Kind of silly how something so simple is hard to find.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

haveblue posted:

We've seen nothing but story mission set pieces. That are cool technical demos but fairly uninspiring after so many gritty sony 3rd person shooters

The nature of the open world, the motorcycle upgrade thing thats been mentioned but not shown, etc will make or break the game but we haven't seen it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Days Gone really needs one of those gameplay demonstrations you see where they show you like 15-20 minutes of uninterrupted gameplay just to give you an idea of the flow of it.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

How much of Destiny 2's marketing budget did they use to put a fuckin Destiny 2 ad in my PS4 home screen that looks like I bought and installed it?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

acksplode posted:

How much of Destiny 2's marketing budget did they use to put a fuckin Destiny 2 ad in my PS4 home screen that looks like I bought and installed it?

Yeah like that had to be huge right? I just deleted it without even clicking.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

acksplode posted:

Uncheck the box in your system settings that lets them do it

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

I got it to. New pro. gently caress those adds. At least I'm not on a data cap. (For now) that's fuckers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Uncheck the box in your system settings that lets them do it

where's that setting