Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

A.o.D. posted:

What? Google didn't turn up anything.

You suck at the googles!

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article191635924.html

quote:

In a video posted on the team’s website, Rivera says: “Just remember guys, this is about team. Everything we do is about team. The most important thing is about team, OK? All right, do me a favor – ‘Mr. Richardson’ on three. 1-2-3!”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Of course it isn't provable that Jerry was in the Klan. He wouldn't be an NFL owner if it was.

Sometimes you just know.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

zimbomonkey posted:

Of course it isn't provable that Jerry was in the Klan. He wouldn't be an NFL owner if it was.

Sometimes you just know.

drat, talk about username/post combo

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

timp posted:

drat, talk about username/post combo

Did you mean to quote me here?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
This is a Ted Cruz = Zodiac Killer kind of thing, isn't it?

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
Richardson has spent nearly 25 years building himself up as a cult of personality within his own organization.

After all those years of brainwashing, you can't expect them to snap out of it overnight.
The man built a giant statue of himself outside their stadium for the love of gently caress.

It's probably one of those things where you won't fully realize how hosed up everything was until you're fully divorced of the situation.
Much like Richardson's victims did, once they were able to pry themselves from outside of his slimy grasp on their lives and careers.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Keep the statue of Sam Mills. He earned it.

Keep the statue of Jerry McCormack because he was the first GM and President and had a good NFL career and so far as we know wasn't a shithead.

Cover or hide or remove the statue of Richardson after he passes. He's on his second ticker, he's not long for the world. Place a plaque at the new location of his statue that notes he was a shithead.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

This is gonna be a Paterno situation after Jerry leaves.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

zimbomonkey posted:

Did you mean to quote me here?

Yeah but what I meant was title/avatar/post combo which makes way more sense than what I said the first time

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

It's been 23 years and I'm still loving livid that the Saints didn't pay Sam Mills.

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

Heaven is just this video on a loop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xuXPUGJGuU&t=120s

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

zimbomonkey posted:

This is gonna be a Paterno situation after Jerry leaves.

NFL is good at cover ups. They’ll let this die after Jerry leaves just like they let Peyton’s steroid issue die after he said he’d retire.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Sent from my iPad posted:

It's been 23 years and I'm still loving livid that the Saints didn't pay Sam Mills.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I dont know what the song equivalent of let it go was 23 years ago but imagine i hotlinked it

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Richardson didn't build his own statue. The org had it done as a surprise for him.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Yeah ok sure

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Saddams people built those statues

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Sent from my iPad posted:

It's been 23 years and I'm still loving livid that the Saints didn't pay Morten Andersen.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

three posted:

NFL is good at cover ups. They’ll let this die after Jerry leaves just like they let Peyton’s steroid issue die after he said he’d retire.

I mean Jerry will be dead in short order.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
The Saints refused to pay anyone back then.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
If we beat the Bucs, how high of a draft pick will they get next year?

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Silly Burrito posted:

Somewhere from #3 to #5, most likely #4, but it depends on the Colts / Texans game and the tiebreakers. Browns (1) and Giants (2) aren't going to change (well, Colts and Giants could swap if the Texans and Giants both win, but it doesn't matter for this), but the Colts, Browns (from Texans) and Buccaneers could all be 4-12 after the weekend.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-draft-order-week-17-could-provide-plenty-of-re-ordering-in-the-top-five/

ulmont fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Dec 29, 2017

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

Silly Burrito posted:

Take the L for the good of the NFC South by forcing the Bucs into a worse pick, Saintsbro,

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

ulmont posted:

Somewhere from #3 to #5, most likely #4, but it depends on the Colts / Texans game and the tiebreakers. Browns (1) and Giants (2) aren't going to change (well, Colts and Giants could swap if the Texans and Giants both win, but it doesn't matter for this), but the Colts, Browns (from Texans) and Buccaneers could all be 4-12 after the weekend.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-draft-order-week-17-could-provide-plenty-of-re-ordering-in-the-top-five/

They probably stay at 5 because of SOS (Houston and Indy have weak SOS because they played each other twice, and Tampa played 6 games against winning-record teams just in the division)
I never knew this site existed but I'm really glad it does:
http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

three posted:

Take the L for the good of the NFC South by forcing the Bucs into a worse pick, Saintsbro,

Just like y'all should let another NFC South team in the playoffs by letting Atlanta win, right?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

three posted:

Don't worry, the Bucs would find a way to lose regardless.

It'd be like that one South Park baseball episode with the team who practiced how to lose.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Reading the writing on the wall, Alex Mack probably isnt playing on Sunday which is going to really super suck. Hopefully Levitre is back so Garland can kick to Center.

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

Hadn't seen this posted yet

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/946851978528911369

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Lol I wonder how many players are gonna be pushing for a trade

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
C’mon guys it’s a total smokescreen until they have the Gruden contract finalized

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

That Works posted:

Lol I wonder how many players are gonna be pushing for a trade

Most of the players actually like him. I'm glad they're giving him another year instead of loving Gruden.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

wandler20 posted:

Most of the players actually like him. I'm glad they're giving him another year instead of loving Gruden.

What was all this "he's lost the team" crap earlier in the season then?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

weird Asian candy posted:

Reading the writing on the wall, Alex Mack probably isnt playing on Sunday which is going to really super suck. Hopefully Levitre is back so Garland can kick to Center.

Goodbye run game.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Lol Benoit is such a tard

https://twitter.com/Andy_Benoit/status/946790011084595200

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Chilichimp posted:

Goodbye run game.

TBH it might force sark to use devonta outside again for once

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

That Works posted:

What was all this "he's lost the team" crap earlier in the season then?

It seemed that way but they've played so hard the past two weeks when they could've mailed it in and the players have been supportive of him.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Good, so tired of the coaching carousel.

Fire Mike Smith though.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Epi Lepi posted:

Good, so tired of the coaching carousel.

Fire Mike Smith though.

Nope sorry, they are a package deal!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
YEEeEeEEeEeEssSsssSsSsSS-uh

• Locked thread